Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/8/2012 11:10:47 AM EDT
A Denver television news anchor was injured Wednesday after she was bitten in the face by a dog during a live broadcast.

Kyle Dyer of Denver’s 9NEWS was conducting an interview about the rescue of Max, an 85-pound mastiff that fell through an icy lake Tuesday while chasing a coyote, the Denver Post reported. Firefighter Tyler Sugaski, secured by a life line, put on a wetsuit and ventured onto the ice to pull the dog to safety in a dramatic rescue.
Denver TV Anchor Kyle Dyer Bitten by Rescue Dog During Live Broadcast.

The dog, its owner and Sugaski were all in the studio for a follow-up interview Wednesday morning when the dog lunged and bit Dyer during the live segment. In a video of the incident, Dyer gasps and quickly turns away from the dog, saying “Oh my God!” as the broadcast cuts away to Dyer’s co-anchor, who looks shocked

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/tv-anchor-bitten-by-rescue-dog-during-live-broadcast/
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#1]
that sucks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Ouch.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't put your face near a dog that you don't know well.  I guess that is too complicated for some?
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, not everybody understands what dogs consider good manners.  She, apparently doesn't, anyway.

ETA: Grammar.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Who puts their face by a unfamiliar dog?? Dumb ass.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't put your face near a dog that you don't know well.  I guess that is too complicated for some?

The dog is obviously erratic. It is now clear it is not safe to have around other people.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Meh, just piss on him next time.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Could have been worse.

Could have been a chimp

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Stupid is as stupid does.

She did everything wrong.

She's lucky it was just a nip.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Yep, she was fine until she got in the dog's face.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This...

Plus smiling (showing teeth) can be interpreted very differently by animals. Same with monkeys.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#14]
It's a dog, not a stuffed toy.  Getting up in his face like that is stupid.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, it sucks. There is a reason I am skidish around big dogs I do not know. I'm lucky to have both of my eyes still instead of walking around with just one.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#16]
“So you may have seen Kyle get bit by the dog in the 7 a.m. hour. All we know for sure is that he got her on the lip, and she’s being treated for the injury at the hospital,” Shapiro wrote. “We think she’s going to be OK, she was talking when she left.”

Do they really, really think so...derp

it was a freaking nip, not a bite. good lord
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Don't face-butt a strange dog.  It won't work out well.

What you want to bet someone wants to have the dog put down for that.  

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Hell not only is that story gone now, the whole damn site is gone.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#19]
okay so maybe the guy was a little bit shocked... didn't do much about the dog biting.
so whats the protocol for putting your own dog down on a news set?

lady was stupid for petting the dog like that without knowing it.
then again I would say 80% of people around my dogs do the same
I can trust my dog not to do a thing but hold her tongue

anybody else notice how he was holding the dog to begin with? odd
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
“So you may have seen Kyle get bit by the dog in the 7 a.m. hour. All we know for sure is that he got her on the lip, and she’s being treated for the injury at the hospital,” Shapiro wrote. “We think she’s going to be OK, she was talking when she left.”

From bottom of news article:
Update: Dyer is awake and visiting with family in the hospital, a news release from the Denver Health Medical Center said.

When was she ever "not awake"?
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No shit.

It is never wise to get in an animals face, you are being the aggressor.
I Don't even do that (get up in her face) to my own dog
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Update: Dyer is awake and visiting with family in the hospital, a news release from the Denver Health Medical Center said.

They're trying to make it seem like she was mauled. She wasn't even bit. It was a nip. Why did she need to go to the hospital anyway?

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

This.    He gave her a quick smile first.  

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Bad situation for the dog, which reacted to its' instincts.  Dumb bitch should have known better.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#26]
When I clicked on this thread I expected a violent mauling with lots of blood.  Look like he probably bit her lip good, but he thought of her as another dog invading his space.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

that sucks.

umm no.

that bites

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:45:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#29]
 Ban Dogos.....for the children!!!

No it is not a pitbull

Stupid reporter = dead dog
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Who puts their face by a unfamiliar dog?? Dumb ass.

kids do.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
A Denver television news anchor was injured Wednesday after she was bitten in the face by a dog during a live broadcast.

Kyle Dyer of Denver’s 9NEWS was conducting an interview about the rescue of Max, an 85-pound mastiff that fell through an icy lake Tuesday while chasing a coyote, the Denver Post reported. Firefighter Tyler Sugaski, secured by a life line, put on a wetsuit and ventured onto the ice to pull the dog to safety in a dramatic rescue.
Denver TV Anchor Kyle Dyer Bitten by Rescue Dog During Live Broadcast.

The dog, its owner and Sugaski were all in the studio for a follow-up interview Wednesday morning when the dog lunged and bit Dyer during the live segment. In a video of the incident, Dyer gasps and quickly turns away from the dog, saying “Oh my God!” as the broadcast cuts away to Dyer’s co-anchor, who looks shocked

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/tv-anchor-bitten-by-rescue-dog-during-live-broadcast/

ok so throw in a free goalie mask with the dog to sweeten the deal.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#32]
How come I chuckled? Dude didn't even flinch
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:58:00 AM EDT
[#33]
I've never heard of a girl named Kyle.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're trying to make it seem like she was mauled. She wasn't even bit. It was a nip. Why did she need to go to the hospital anyway?

I don't know about you all, but I didn't see the wound in the video clip. It could have been anything from a red mark to her lip hanging off of her face. If it required plastic surgery, she very well may have been sedated.

She probably didn't know much about dogs and their behavior. When the dog looked away and flattened its ears, it was showing that it was just tolerating her putting her hands all over the dog's face. When she leaned in and smiled, the dog snapped at her to get her away. Trouble is, there's a difference between a mastiff snapping at you and a toy poodle snapping.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding. I have worse injuries shaving.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#36]

Dogo Argentino's are about the only breed of dog that scare me.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#37]
I'd bite her.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Dumb woman.

I learned mo to do that as a pretty small child. Cats and dogs do this pretty routinely.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#39]
She put her face near a dog that she was un-familiar with, that was between her and it's master.

As far as the dog is concerned, she was intruding on it's masters space, and was percievd as a threat.

Lady was stupid, or ignorant.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#40]
First don't put your face next to dog you don't know, second to pet dog you don't know under the mouth that is one area where their natural reaction is to bite. She's an idiot hopefully the dog will be placed some where without idiots.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It appears so.

She could have pet the dog normally and it appears everything would have been fine.

Shoving your face at a strange dog is never a good idea.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#42]
would that be a good dog for a family with small children ?

old rule - it has tasted human blood put it down
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm guilty

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Why must people stick their faces into the face of animals!

What the fuck is wrong with people!

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Ungrateful bitch.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

i dunno about putting it down, but yeah you're right this dog should NOT go to a family with children - no brainer.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Fooey!
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#48]
clearly "she" has a dike haircut.  The dog isn't gay and therefore did not want to kiss a man. Nothing shocking or crazy here.  I can see where hes coming from.

there is no issue here.  I'll adopt the dog if this ruins his chances with other people.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

anybody else notice how he was holding the dog to begin with? odd

I did he wasn't comfortable and because of that neither was the dog. He should have told her to not get to close.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#50]
The video wasn't working, was the dog really a mastiff or was it some sort of mix-breed?  The little that I could see it was sitting down and the face doesn't look like the mastiffs I have seen in the past.  It kinda looked small for a mastiff.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top