Site Notices
10/24/2014 2:42:22 PM
Author
Posted: 2/7/2012 10:33:47 PM
got a couple of new AR15s in today Windham Weapons SRC R16M4FTT $799
Windham Weapons
never heard of them before?

also got 2 SW mp15 22 $427

seen a couple of more items that have been added to the vendor item list,dont know if we will get them or not
Colt 6920 $1097
SW mp15 sport $699

love seeing these come in the more mainstream the better
Switchh
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/7/2012 10:35:44 PM
From what I understand they are old Bushmaster employees that started up the company when the plant moved. They have a forum here in the industry section ands seem to be pretty responsive on questions and requests.

They also seem to have the "specs" that people look for. Time will tell how they do.
TooBigToFail
They see me rollin... they hatin...
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/7/2012 10:37:55 PM
I almost cried when I saw 25+ ammo cans of .223 at my local walmart just stacked on the shelf. It was beautiful!
outofbattery
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/7/2012 10:38:32 PM
I looked at one last week and was pretty impressed,the fit and finish were quite good.
Top_Secret
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/7/2012 10:38:45 PM
Yep. Former Bushmaster employees from when Cerberus closed down the Windham operations.
A HANDGUN IS NOT A MAGIC WAND WITH PIXIE DUST THAT WHEN IT COMES OUT IT MAKES BAD MANS GO AWAY THIS ISNT NARNIA -RSF
LuvBUSHmaster
ESTO VIR "Be a Man"
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/7/2012 10:41:37 PM
Originally Posted By Krink:
Windham Weapons

seen a couple of more items that have been added to the vendor item list,dont know if we will get them or not
Colt 6920 $1097
SW mp15 sport $699

Hot Damn!
Wallyworld selling 6920 Law Enforcement carbines!!
They've come a long way from Steven's .30-06's.
"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, & start slitting throats" Mencken
savage_winchester
From the Deep South of the Far North
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/7/2012 10:44:24 PM

I'm primarily an AK guy but when I can afford to build an AR, I aspire to support this company.

Glad a silver lining could be found from a major Maine business closing. I wish them the very best.

Please Watch for Motorcycles.

"I think it’s a scandal that this president (Bush) did not authorize a renewal of the assault weapons ban." -Barack Obama, 10-21-04
captexas
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/7/2012 10:51:47 PM
Originally Posted By LuvBUSHmaster:
Originally Posted By Krink:
Windham Weapons

Colt 6920 $1097
SW mp15 sport $699

Hot Damn!
Wallyworld selling 6920 Law Enforcement carbines!!
They've come a long way from Steven's .30-06's.

If they are newer 6920's, they aren't stamped LE only anymore.
NinerMaine
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/7/2012 10:59:50 PM
When Busmaster closed and moved out of Maine, DICK DYKE, the founder of Bushmaster set up shop in the same building and using the same machinery. Dyke never sold the building and continues to own it and now operates Windham Weaponry in it with the old Maine employees of Bushmaster. Essentially, you are buying a new and better Bushmaster.
NinerMaine
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/7/2012 11:03:21 PM
http://www.hausofguns.com/2012/01/18/who-is-windham-weaponry/

Who is Windham Weaponry?

By Ebbs On January 18, 2012 · 6 Comments
Fantastic balance from a heavy fluted barrel AR.

Good question, right? Probably not something that conjures up images of AR-15 glory days, law enforcement or military contacts or anything like that. Windham Weaponry sounds a little bit like a wizards shop that may be found in a World of Warcraft level or something where you buy potions and special creams for spells to turn your arch enemies into a skink. Honestly, I wouldn’t blame you if that was your first impulse. I also wouldn’t blame you if you slapped me for the W.O.W. reference, but hey we’ll get past it. Windham Weaponry is old Bushmaster. Seriously. 5 years ago when Remington bought Bushy from Richard Dyke, there were understandings that led Dick to believe Remington would continue producing Bushmaster rifles as well as the new Remington models at the Windham, Maine plant (see where the Windham part comes in?). Well, a little over a year ago Mr. Dyke got wind (no pun intended) that the FINE folks at Remington were moving all Bushmaster products to their Ilion, NY plant to be made along with the rest of their line. The problem with this? Richard Dyke had a pocket full of cash from the sale of his baby and a dirty conscience (using that phrase liberally) with a whole plant full of "HIS” people out of work. Feeling a moral obligation to his people, Richard Dyke (now 77 years old and with his non compete contract having run out with Remington) decided to come out of retirement to start up Windham Weaponry where the people he loved for 30+ years could get back to work doing what they loved. The result has been Bushmaster reborn with a new energy, small company pride and workmanship, and a lineup of AR-15 spec rifles that will rival even the biggest names in the industry. The company is family run, both in blood and relationships and is quickly gaining steam all over again.

<code></code>

We got a chance to catch up with Mark Eliason, the Senior VP of Sales representing Windham at the SHOT Show 2012 and it was an absolute pleasure. Mark was very warm, descriptive and patient with a rookie in the game even as an experienced member of the firearm company having to start all over. He was unassuming and humble and I appreciate his cordiality. I even got to shoot the bull with Richard Dyke who is essentially a legend and he proved to be just the same. He was a gentleman with a good sense of humor and a story to tell. There’s something refreshing about a rich man with a moral conscience, or as he described, "a moral obligation to the people of Windham, ME.” Our favorite upcoming release for Windham we got to fondle is the Varmint Exterminator. Take my Remington R-15 rifle I love dearly, amp of the precision, accuracy and some individual accessory tweaks and you’ve got the Windham Weaponry Varmint Exterminator in .223. It’s got a precision free floated barrel and handguard. A bead blasted stainless steel finish, full fluted barrel and a competition crown on the barrel which looks FINE. The grip is a Hogue AR-15 aftermarket and the stock is an ACE style skeleton stock, which is a drastic improvement to a target rifle over the standard A2 rifle stock. They’ve even added scope mount risers so you don’t have to buy them after you purchase the rifle. Simply put, I’m drooling to get my hands on one for a full hunting rifle review. It’s screaming for a Nikon M223 scope and some prairie dogs to destroy. The folks at Windham are the best kind of story in any industry. Compassion, appreciation for each other and a fantastic product at a fair price. Did I mention with all the extras the Varmint Exterminator has an almost identical retail price point to the Remington R-15? AND, there’s a fully transferable lifetime warranty on ALL their rifles. As long as it’s got a serial number, it’s covered. Don’t worry either, we don’t have to wait long for the Windham Weaponry Varmint Exterminator .223, it’ll be out next month!

LuvBUSHmaster
ESTO VIR "Be a Man"
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/8/2012 12:17:41 AM
Originally Posted By savage_winchester:

I'm primarily an AK guy but when I can afford to build an AR, I aspire to support this company.

Glad a silver lining could be found from a major Maine business closing. I wish them the very best.

I've had nothing but great experiences with my (Windham) Bushmasters, heck my ORC .308 was so damn affordable I should've bought two!

I'm glad to see the people back in work in Windham, ME. I used to work in Raymond, ME which is literally down the road from Windham. We used to party at Pat's Pizza in Windham and catch a late movie and dinner at Porky's. Great little town on Sebago lake.
"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, & start slitting throats" Mencken
Rocksarge
Every Last Iota of a Cracker
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/8/2012 12:27:38 AM

I've had nothing but great experiences with my (Windham) Bushmasters, heck my ORC .308 was so damn affordable I should've bought two!

I'm glad to see the people back in work in Windham, ME. I used to work in Raymond, ME which is literally down the road from Windham. We used to party at Pat's Pizza in Windham and catch a late movie and dinner at Porky's. Great little town on Sebago lake.

I so miss spending my time in that area. I spent lots of time in Harrison, Bridgeton, Standish, etc. Lots of time on Moose Pond, Long Lake, and Sebago Lake.

This is von Clausewitz shit, total fucking war. I'm going to pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical.

-Clyde Shelton
LuvBUSHmaster
ESTO VIR "Be a Man"
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/8/2012 12:29:45 AM
Originally Posted By Rocksarge:

I so miss spending my time in that area. I spent lots of time in Harrison, Bridgeton, Standish, etc. Lots of time on Moose Pond, Long Lake, and Sebago Lake.

The drive-in movie was/is? in Bridgeton if I recall.
Small world.
patchz
Alfred E. Neuman clone
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/8/2012 12:44:43 AM
My son just bought a Windham SRC from Academy for the same price. And I have been hearing/reading good things about them in the last

few days. I'm just glad that all the old Bushmaster employees are back at work in their same old digs, but building improved products.
What, me worry?

There are 1911's..... then there are other pistols.

"The backbone of surprise is fusing speed with secrecy. " - Von Clausewitz (1780-1831)