Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:46:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you didn't say this directly, but is the mother taking the test as well? I think thats the only way I could do it, and even then she may be crazy enough to believe whatever bullshit she is saying. I would stop this now. Have your fiance tell her mom to back the fuck off or cut contact. She has made an ass of herself. If your fiance won't do that you two are done.

My self esteem is high enough I don't have top prove shit to anyone.  The OP is obviously emotionally vested in "winning" some kind of battle that wiser and more experienced men understand is absolutely NOT winnable.

I will be fervently watching this thread for the updates as they get sadder and sadder by the post.

Indeed.  The counter-challenge is just adding drama to drama, it is fighting fire with fire.  If he enjoys this sort of thing, maybe that family is perfect for him.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#2]
The Det. must be laughing his ass off.

Either this thread is BS, or you really are clueless.

If this thread is true, kick the fiance and her entire family to the curb. Before it's too late.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Make sure the poly asks the mother about infidelity.  You know, just to keep things interesting.

This poly is being done privately right?  The results should not be available to anyone without at least your consent I hope.
If they get their hands on a copy, you an rest assured it will be brought out at every family gathering right after coffee and dessert.  Or at least it will be until they find a new level of Hell for him to experience.  And the Mother-in-Law will be holding the keys to his eternal damnation.  Taking a polygraph to prove you didn't steal her jewels is just the beginning.  Oh, and by the way how much was this treasure trove worth, full retail?

EJECT OP!  While there's still time.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Look guys, I don't think y'all quite understand that either way I'm done with her family. Her mom is currently blowing up my phone about what bullshit it is that she should take one and she isn't the suspect etc. She's not going to take it, so neither am I. problem solved. My fiance on the other hand, well, she has to make her own decision doesn't she? And let it be known that she backed me up the whole way through this shit, she just finally came in one nighta nd said, "Maybe you should just take the damn thing to get them off our asses." I asked her if she really thought it would help, she said she thought it would, especially with her dad, but that it was ultimately up to me.

Daniel

Get out while you can. Lying is built into the family DNA. Your future is going to involve false accusations of domestic violence and child molestation, followed by public humiliation and prison. As someone said before, God is beating you over the head with the message that you need to run for your life.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Run,Run like hell.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Block the MIL's number on your phone.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#7]
So wait, really though, did you steal the jewelry?

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Excited response to questions"...

Few things make me as angry as being accused of lying.  

Thus, I am not sure I could pass a polygraph under circumstances described by the OP, because I might  be very very angry.  Shaking with rage and smashing things angry. Vividly imagining bad acts.  

Well I've been reading up on poly's and as long as they don't have pressure pads in the seat I'm thinking of doing the "sphincter muscle clinch" on all questions so that I wind up with "untestable". Then the fiance can't base any decision on the paper, if she wants to be with me, then she will be, if not, then well, a couple hundred bucks was a cheap way of finding out this early.

Oh and I am so glad that after I proposed we swapped the stone with a CZ and put it in MY lockbox!

Daniel

I assure you, if you've read about it in a book, any competent polygrapher will be looking for it.  You appear to be seeing this as a game, and think you can use your superior wit and intellect to "prove" something.  You have no lcue what you are getting sucked into.  You are indeed being pulled into the drama.  It is akin to digging yourself out of a hole, or spending your way out of debt.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:53:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look guys, I don't think y'all quite understand that either way I'm done with her family. Her mom is currently blowing up my phone about what bullshit it is that she should take one and she isn't the suspect etc. She's not going to take it, so neither am I. problem solved. My fiance on the other hand, well, she has to make her own decision doesn't she? And let it be known that she backed me up the whole way through this shit, she just finally came in one nighta nd said, "Maybe you should just take the damn thing to get them off our asses." I asked her if she really thought it would help, she said she thought it would, especially with her dad, but that it was ultimately up to me.

Daniel

Get out while you can. Lying is built into the family DNA. Your future is going to involve false accusations of domestic violence and child molestation, followed by public humiliation and prison. As someone said before, God is beating you over the head with the message that you need to run for your life.

Stellar advice...

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Don't take the test.  Eject from relationship.  Crazy is genetic.

This...

- georgestrings

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:54:29 AM EDT
[#11]
On second thought call them up and ask to barrow some money. Say you need it for criminal attorney on an unrelated matter.  

That should really set her pot to boil
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Long story short some jewelry turned up missing from a family members house while I was there. They're blaming me, not their drug addict busted for shoplifting multiple times daughter, and want me to take a polygraph. I'll pass it but I think them spendig $300 on a polygraph is fucking stupid. They already filed police reports and the cops even said "why would we suspect him? he has no record and currently has a secret clearance with the .gov?"

What says the hive? Take the poly? or Don't take the poly?

Daniel

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with the "detective" in charge of the case. He's setting up a third party polygraph that will involve me, the MOTHER, and the druggie daughter. Just called and left a message saying that ttaking a poly was fine, but we're using who I chose and the mother and daughter have to take one as well. If they agree, well, let's go take a poly! If they don't, I'm walking away anyways so fuck it. My fiance has been issued the ultimatum that this is what is going to happen and that if they don't acquiesce, then she can either stay with me or FOAD, but I won't have any more bullshit about being a thief. They have til the end of today to decide.

2) The druggie daughter has agreed to take it, no objections at all. Momma on the other is hand is pretty pissed and is apparently bitching about why should she take it and whatnot. 2to1 odds she won't.

3) Mother is currently blowing up my phone saying she won;t take it. She won't, neither will I. That simple. Fiance and I are meeting up when she gets off work in a few hours so I will have her answer to the ultimatum.

Doper daughter is still probably the guilty one. She probably figures she can beat it. That or momma did it for an insurance payout?
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like your avatar.

Thanks.  Your's isn't too shabby either.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:55:03 AM EDT
[#14]

I wish it was man, I wish it was. Anyways, the mother isn;t going to acquiesce to my part of the demands so It's time to say goodbye to this BS. The fiancee and I still haven't talked about it yet, so I may be single by nights end, who knows?

To answer someone elses question, supposedly the full retail value is between15-20k or so, but besides what they say, they can't hardly even prove that they ever even owned any of this jewelry. Their response to that was "Well can you prove that you bought your jewelry?" Fuck yeah I can, everything of value that I own has papers that show when I bought it, and for how much. Shit, the diamond in the engagement ring is laser etched and I have it insured. From what they told me it sounds like if someone scrapped that jewelry they would get maybe a couple grand.

Daniel
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quit talking to the police and don't take the poly. Both of these is going to be harder since you already agreed to take the poly and have already been talking to the police. Finding out what happened to their shit is the problem not you proving your innocence. And it's their problem not yours. If your fiance won't back you on this you got a tough choice ahead of you there. Next time you get the urge to talk to the police about it talk to a lawyer instead. Just because they told you that you are not on the radar doesn't mean you are not a suspect.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you didn't say this directly, but is the mother taking the test as well? I think thats the only way I could do it, and even then she may be crazy enough to believe whatever bullshit she is saying. I would stop this now. Have your fiance tell her mom to back the fuck off or cut contact. She has made an ass of herself. If your fiance won't do that you two are done.

My self esteem is high enough I don't have top prove shit to anyone.  The OP is obviously emotionally vested in "winning" some kind of battle that wiser and more experienced men understand is absolutely NOT winnable.

I will be fervently watching this thread for the updates as they get sadder and sadder by the post.

Indeed.  The counter-challenge is just adding drama to drama, it is fighting fire with fire.  If he enjoys this sort of thing, maybe that family is perfect for him.

It is part of the advanced grunting necessary to establish ones position in the tribe.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Didn't read the entire thread, but I'd make loser-daughter take it first, THEN tell them to fuck off and never speak to them again.

Yeah, actualy I like this better...

- georgestrings

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:55:47 AM EDT
[#18]
You asked for advice, and you've gotten a good amount.  If you don't heed the advice, you only have yourself to blame.  The fact is, you should have seen this before now...unless you're 22 years old.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Make sure the poly asks the mother about infidelity.  You know, just to keep things interesting.

This poly is being done privately right?  The results should not be available to anyone without at least your consent I hope.
If they get their hands on a copy, you an rest assured it will be brought out at every family gathering right after coffee and dessert.  Or at least it will be until they find a new level of Hell for him to experience.  And the Mother-in-Law will be holding the keys to his eternal damnation.  Taking a polygraph to prove you didn't steal her jewels is just the beginning.  Oh, and by the way how much was this treasure trove worth, full retail?

EJECT OP!  While there's still time.

I didn't even think about this, they will scour the results for ANYTHING they can use against you.  No one is an angel, you've done things in your life that are "wrong".  
This will be used to tear you and your credibility to shreds in your fiances eyes.  

Don't take a poly unless your job depends on it.
Don't indulge crazy.
Don't marry a girl that doesn't have your back 100%.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If this thread is true, kick the fiance and her entire family to the curb. Before it's too late.

He really believes she is different than the rest of her family. I can't blame him, we have all made that mistake.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:57:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Eject.

If a ring causes this much concern - what will happen when you have kids?

Kid has a bruise - you are on the box.

MIL sees you with a female colleague at lunch - you are on the box.

Turkey gets burned next thanksgiving - you are on the box.

Forget to wipe your feet - on the box...

MIL, and probably the apple that seldom falls far from the tree, will be asking you to hook up to the box time and again. Enjoy defending yourself against all sorts of crazy claims.

Also, while relatively new to the married game, I am confident saying that ultimatums should not start being needed this early in the game. Engagement and first year or two of marriage is the easy part. If your wife has to be pressured to support you now, good luck in 7 years.

If you decide to stick around, start either hiding money or put something in escrow to pay for the divorce.

Sucks man, but this looks to all who are watching to be a bad deal. Being investigated by family is stupid. Don't be a part of it.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thus, I am not sure I could pass a polygraph under circumstances described by the OP, because I might  be very very angry.  Shaking with rage and smashing things angry. Vividly imagining bad acts.  

Well I've been reading up on poly's and as long as they don't have pressure pads in the seat I'm thinking of doing the "sphincter muscle clinch" on all questions so that I wind up with "untestable". Then the fiance can't base any decision on the paper, if she wants to be with me, then she will be, if not, then well, a couple hundred bucks was a cheap way of finding out this early.

Oh and I am so glad that after I proposed we swapped the stone with a CZ and put it in MY lockbox!

Daniel

I assure you, if you've read about it in a book, any competent polygrapher will be looking for it.  You appear to be seeing this as a game, and think you can use your superior wit and intellect to "prove" something.  You have no lcue what you are getting sucked into.  You are indeed being pulled into the drama.  It is akin to digging yourself out of a hole, or spending your way out of debt.

BAd attempt at a joke man, this isn't a "game". But it is certainly showing me some things about her family and probably her that I guess are better learned now. We've been together for 4 years, and even with the occasional spat and "blow up" with her mom over things this is a huge shock.

Daniel
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:58:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Carve this into your forearm with a rusty nail. Wear short sleeved shirts for the rest of your life.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#24]
I've decided OP is as much of a trainwreck as the rest of the family based on how he is insisting on wading into the drama. He got the correct answer about 35 times out of 50 posts on the first page. As such, he deserves any and all stupid prizes he gets for playing their stupid games.

Go get 'em, tiger. Wrestle those pigs in the mud, that'll learn um.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He really believes she is different than the rest of her family. I can't blame him, we have all made that mistake.

I am beginning to think we have made the mistake assuming he is different from them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.
If the OP stays involved then he will sleep in the bed he made and i will have no pity
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Daniel

BAd attempt at a joke man, this isn't a "game". But it is certainly showing me some things about her family and probably her that I guess are better learned now. We've been together for 4 years, and even with the occasional spat and "blow up" with her mom over things this is a huge shock.

Daniel

The tone you are setting now is something they will learn.  Right now, her mom is learning you like to play her kind of drama games.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Pull the god damn lever already, op!
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am beginning to think we have made the mistake assuming he is different from them.

ding ding ding

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:01:57 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Pull the god damn lever already, op!

No way, he can come out on top, he has it all figured out. You're not the boss of him.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter-accusations.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#32]
I want to see how this turns out....

Prolly with even more
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Tell them you will take it on a bet

If you pass, they owe you a thousand dollars.

Have the money held by a third party until after the polygraph

Fuck NO. It is entirely possible to fail a polygraph without uttering anything other than the unvarnished truth. There's no way in hell I'd voluntarily subject myself to one, for any reason.  

You guys making these suggestions seem to be working under the assumption that they're accurate. They're NOT.

This.

ANYONE saying to take it has probably never taken one. Polys are BS. Examiners can make you respond certain ways unless you're a fucking Vulcan. Never EVER take a polygraph unless it's required for a job you REALLLY want. REALLLLY WANT. Seriously. It's a mistake to do anything else.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Eject ASAP
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell them you will take it on a bet

If you pass, they owe you a thousand dollars.

Have the money held by a third party until after the polygraph

Fuck NO. It is entirely possible to fail a polygraph without uttering anything other than the unvarnished truth. There's no way in hell I'd voluntarily subject myself to one, for any reason.  

You guys making these suggestions seem to be working under the assumption that they're accurate. They're NOT.

This.

ANYONE saying to take it has probably never taken one. Polys are BS. Examiners can make you respond certain ways unless you're a fucking Vulcan. Never EVER take a polygraph unless it's required for a job you REALLLY want. REALLLLY WANT. Seriously. It's a mistake to do anything else.

Nah, the OP can do it. He knows what time it is. He's gonna show them what's up.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter-accusations.

Demand proof!
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was just like that once.  Until a certain Christmas Eve at the GF's family home.  Her Dad took me aside, told me how much he liked me, and then after knocking back a dozen Old Milwaukees told me to run for the door that very instant or I would become just like him.  You know that scene from "Red Dawn" where they guy is calling out from behind the fence?  

That's what it was like.  I've known men spending life in prison with no possibility of parole who were happier.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:06:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'd say, "OK, but the daughter gets one two, scheduled right after mine."

No, make the slutty thief take hers, then bail on the whole mess...

- georgestrings

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:06:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I was just like that once.  Until a certain Christmas Eve at the GF's family home.  Her Dad took me aside, told me how much he liked me, and then after knocking back a dozen Old Milwaukees told me to run for the door that very instant or I would become just like him.  You know that scene from "Red Dawn" where they guy is calling out from behind the fence?  

http://thecampofthesaints.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/reddawn-avenge-me.jpg

That's what it was like.  I've known men spending life in prison with no possibility of parole who were happier.  

I don't know whether this post is truth or sarcasm, but it's one of the most horrifying things I've read in my years here.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#40]
If you're an idiot, take the polygraph. If you have any shred of dignity, eject from everything. You really want to marry into this batshit family? You don't think that things like this will come up from time to time for the rest of your life if you marry her?

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I wish it was man, I wish it was. Anyways, the mother isn;t going to acquiesce to my part of the demands so It's time to say goodbye to this BS. The fiancee and I still haven't talked about it yet, so I may be single by nights end, who knows?

To answer someone elses question, supposedly the full retail value is between15-20k or so, but besides what they say, they can't hardly even prove that they ever even owned any of this jewelry. Their response to that was "Well can you prove that you bought your jewelry?" Fuck yeah I can, everything of value that I own has papers that show when I bought it, and for how much. Shit, the diamond in the engagement ring is laser etched and I have it insured. From what they told me it sounds like if someone scrapped that jewelry they would get maybe a couple grand.

Daniel

Demand the engagement ring to be returned ASAP.  There is no way to salvage this relationship unless you like drama and being miserable the remainder of your life.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

If you're an idiot, take the polygraph. If you have any shred of dignity, eject from everything.

He'll be taking the polygraph and staying with his gf.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:09:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If you're an idiot, take the polygraph. If you have any shred of dignity, eject from everything. You really want to marry into this batshit family? You don't think that things like this will come up from time to time for the rest of your life if you marry her?

Think it through, they will likely be getting the same in return.  As an example let me point out that this thread is already heading for epic status.  The most epic-worthy thing to happen to me recently died in less than two pages and it was an Apple store guy talking about guns and lion hunting.

Some people are born for this shit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
If you're an idiot, take the polygraph. If you have any shred of dignity, eject from everything.

He'll be taking the polygraph and staying with his gf.

And posting more threads for us to live our lulz through vicariously.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Eh.....if you have extra money....pay to get it done without telling them...you pass get the results listed, signed along with the questions.  Present them to in laws and walk...if you fail, never talk about it and walk....EITHER WAY WALK AWAY FROM THEM.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think it through, they will likely be getting the same in return.  As an example let me point out that this thread is already heading for epic status.  The most epic-worthy thing to happen to me recently died in less than two pages and it was an Apple store guy talking about guns and lion hunting.

Some people are born for this shit.
It will truly be a Utopia for drama llamas....

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#47]
I see years of drama in OP's life.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
UPDATE: Just got off the phone with the "detective" in charge of the case. He's setting up a third party polygraph that will involve me, the MOTHER, and the druggie daughter. Just called and left a message saying that ttaking a poly was fine, but we're using who I chose and the mother and daughter have to take one as well. If they agree, well, let's go take a poly! If they don't, I'm walking away anyways so fuck it. My fiance has been issued the ultimatum that this is what is going to happen and that if they don't acquiesce, then she can either stay with me or FOAD, but I won't have any more bullshit about being a thief. They have til the end of today to decide.

2) The druggie daughter has agreed to take it, no objections at all. Momma on the other is hand is pretty pissed and is apparently bitching about why should she take it and whatnot. 2to1 odds she won't.

3) Mother is currently blowing up my phone saying she won;t take it. She won't, neither will I. That simple. Fiance and I are meeting up when she gets off work in a few hours so I will have her answer to the ultimatum.

Why is detective in parentheses?  is he a sworn LEO or a PI?
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:14:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#50]

Beat me to it.  This is exactly what is happening.  The family is basing their actions off of movie comedies.

Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top