Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Just read update #4.  Good on you.  It's better to eject now than ride the burning plane to the ground.  Also, get your ring back before you eject
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I suggest you do a backtrace. The consequences will never be the same!
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I would want:
1.  Daughter takes poly
2.  Mom takes poly
3.  I get to see those results first
4.  I take poly at examiner I choose, based on questions I submit (family pays for all this)
5.  After spending all their money on the exams, and knowing I pass

Eject, eject, eject.  You already know this family is messed up and wouldn't want to spend your future life with this kind of BS.  

If fiancee wants to see you based on the condition that you NEVER have to have any type of contact with the family again, and she doesn't even talk to you about 'em, or with 'em while she is with you, then maybe reconsider the eject.  But that is so unlikely, that eject is the only reasonable option.  It would be fun to spend a bunch of their money first though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:12:12 AM EDT
[#5]

4) Poly is off the table due to momma backing out. Kinda what I figured. Fiancee and I just talked on the phone, it looks like we're through. You guys are right, this shit will just continue and at some point she will want to have her mother back in her life. Things would probably be OK for a while, but then it would just start all over. This really sucks...

Get rid of ALL of this BS and never speak with them again.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#6]
After reading update #4 , Im assuming the GF wasnt as excited about telling the family to FOAD .....

Good riddance to her. For all you know OP , she was tacitly supporting the mothers claim.

Bat shit crazy doesnt skip a generation usually
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to hear it OP. It will probably be best for you in the long-run. You would have been marrying the whole fucking crazy family like it or not. Mom would have made your wife's life hell and divorce would have been in the pipeline. Forget her and move on as quickly as you can. IM me your nudy pics of her for disposal.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#8]
So, Mom wins after all. Sorry dude. Years from now you'll be thankful.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Polygraphs are about as accurate as random chance. That is to say 50%. They are an interrogation tool and nothing more. Might as well make them waste their money. I have taken several.

Yep, polygraphs are crap based on junk science.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

This really sucks...

No, their showing of the crazy is the best fucking thing that could have ever happened to you. Just imagine the madcap hijinks that would ensue if they had managed to keep their crazy under wraps for another year or two...

You just dodged a bullet. Rejoice in your good fortune.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#11]
damn man that really sucks
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:17:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I would want:

1.  Daughter takes poly

2.  Mom takes poly

3.  I get to see those results first

4.  I take poly at examiner I choose, based on questions I submit (family pays for all this)

5.  After spending all their money on the exams, and knowing I pass

Eject, eject, eject.  You already know this family is messed up and wouldn't want to spend your future life with this kind of BS.  

If fiancee wants to see you based on the condition that you NEVER have to have any type of contact with the family again, and she doesn't even talk to you about 'em, or with 'em while she is with you, then maybe reconsider the eject.  But that is so unlikely, that eject is the only reasonable option.  It would be fun to spend a bunch of their money first though.

It.  Doesn't.  Work.  There is no scientific way to measure a thought.  All we know is that neurons fire when you are thinking.  We cannot decipher what those signals mean to any precise degree.  What a "lie detector" test does is detect nervousness on the theory that lying makes most people nervous.  But lots of other things make people nervous as well –– being questioned by police, uncomfortable questions, random associations, simple anxiety, etc.  The whole thing is voodoo.  You never, never, never, never take one of these things unless you are unfortunate enough to have a job which requires them.

Instead, OP should kill a goat and look in its entrails for the answer.  Old methods are the best.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Damn dude I'm sorry. It's got to be hard to just end it with your fiancee like that.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#14]
This thread needs way more banjo music.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
This really sucks...

No, their showing of the crazy is the best fucking thing that could have ever happened to you. Just imagine the madcap hijinks that would ensue if they had managed to keep their crazy under wraps for another year or two...

This, my MIL was crazy but she never pulled anything as fucked up as this.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Long story short ......... Fiancee and I just talked on the phone, it looks like we're through. You guys are right, this shit will just continue and at some point she will want to have her mother back in her life. Things would probably be OK for a while, but then it would just start all over. This really sucks...

Yea it sucks but better Now than later

I went partially down that road, MY MIL was nice as could be until I proposed
then she was nasty to me, Luckly My wifes grandmother stood up for me,
and Later on the MIL got better but we went through a spell of not talking
to her (MIL) and it sucked for everyone all around.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Daniel

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with the "detective" in charge of the case. He's setting up a third party polygraph that will involve me, the MOTHER, and the druggie daughter. Just called and left a message saying that ttaking a poly was fine, but we're using who I chose and the mother and daughter have to take one as well. If they agree, well, let's go take a poly! If they don't, I'm walking away anyways so fuck it. My fiance has been issued the ultimatum that this is what is going to happen and that if they don't acquiesce, then she can either stay with me or FOAD, but I won't have any more bullshit about being a thief. They have til the end of today to decide.

Why is "detective" in quotes and why is "detective" spending his time setting up a "third party" polygraph?

There's a scent in the wind.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Sure, it sucks today.  You will wake up a new and refreshed man in a day or so with newfound clarity on this situation.  End all contact immediately.  Block her # and put anything you have of hers in a box, and let her know when someone can pick it up.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Sorry son, but I speak from experience better to know about the bat frakking crazy and call it off them marry it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

This thread needs way more banjo music.

No, banjos are for festive occasions, like gettin' hitched.  As of right now this thread needs more of this...

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Count your lucky stars. You have dodged a bullet. Lots of fucked up shit in your future if you decide to stay in this relationship.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just a quick question.

What does your clearance have anything to do with this? Do you brag about that as a sign of honesty?

No, apparently it came up when the detective was checking me out as a possible "suspect".

Daniel

Who told him you had a clearance?

Again how did it come up to a local cop that you had a clearance?

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Why would a Detective need to set up a 3rd party to do a Poly? Are you sure he's for real?
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Daniel

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with the "detective" in charge of the case. He's setting up a third party polygraph that will involve me, the MOTHER, and the druggie daughter. Just called and left a message saying that ttaking a poly was fine, but we're using who I chose and the mother and daughter have to take one as well. If they agree, well, let's go take a poly! If they don't, I'm walking away anyways so fuck it. My fiance has been issued the ultimatum that this is what is going to happen and that if they don't acquiesce, then she can either stay with me or FOAD, but I won't have any more bullshit about being a thief. They have til the end of today to decide.

Why is "detective" in quotes and why is "detective" spending his time setting up a "third party" polygraph?

I just put it in "quotes". He's legit. All he did was put me in contact with the guy they use, that's all. but it doesn't matter now.

Daniel
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Sorry it came to this OP.

Hope things work out for you. I'm sure they will. You're young. Keep your head up and your eyes open.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Just a quick question.

What does your clearance have anything to do with this? Do you brag about that as a sign of honesty?

No, apparently it came up when the detective was checking me out as a possible "suspect".

Daniel

I'm not sure, the fiance probably told him. However it worked, he knew.

Daniel
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
This really sucks...

QFT.  OP you dodged a Fire for Effect.  This kind of crazy drama cropping up in mid-marriage with kids would leave you a broken and bleeding shell of a man after just a few years.

Don't ask me how I know.  Just to test your incredible luck you should buy at least one lottery ticket, there could be some residual.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#29]
I had a failed engagement a few years ago. I feel your pain, friend.

But it was a bad relationship.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#31]
It was the mother in the library with the candlestick.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:49:33 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Daniel

I just put it in "quotes". He's legit. All he did was put me in contact with the guy they use, that's all. but it doesn't matter now.

Daniel

The connotation of "setting up a polygraph" is quite the stretch from "put me in contact."

I'll be over there waiting for the redacted copy of the police report.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Moral of this story, listen to your momma.  She could very well have saved OP's ass.  I've heard that polys give off false positives up to the 20% range.  What do you think it would do to OPs security clearance if "failed polygraph" were to show up?  Don't involve the man in your life and don't take polygraphs.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Take the poly and clear your name.

Rub it in their face, and let them know that they are dead to you now (unless they are rich).

As has been pointed out a million times, the polygraph is NOT a traffic signal.  It "may" help an interrogator determine if he is headed the right way in his investigation.  99% of polygraph use is retarded, by virtue of the user.

Nothing good can come from this, and the FACT THAT THE COPS ARE STILL INVOLVED makes it even more retarded.

My fiancee and I would have already cut off all contact with the family, and if she refused, I'd cut contact with her as well.  My integrity is not something I have to prove, and if others can't believe I have it than FUCK THEM.  

OP, you need to quit this scene RFN, or you will have a 100x crazier situation in the near future that may involve your financial situation for the better part of your LIFE.

Think, man, THINK!

Like I said earlier, at this point it doesn't matter to me, bc either way I'm done with her family. I thought I put that in the update?

Daniel

Make the druggie, the mother, and your fiancee take it and pass first. This will sort the problem out for you neatly before it gets to you.

Either your GF will back you or not, or she'll fail and it'll be LULZ or the mother will back out.

If any of them fail, refuse to take the test leaving them to pay for it and walk away from all of them.  If your GF refuses, and still wants you take the test, walk away from her, then start hanging out with the druggie girl.

Your fiancee might put a stop to it if she's directly involved in the line of fire.

I'll buy you 5 years of ARFcom membership if you record it and put it on Youtube.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:53:12 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This really sucks...

Absolutely a big fucking +1.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just a quick question.

Daniel

I'm not sure, the fiance probably told him. However it worked, he knew.

Daniel

So a "detective" rules you out a suspect because "someone" told him you a clearance.

Let me know when you post an official copy of the police report. Better yet let us know the actual agency involved and the "detectives" name. There's probably an arfcommer in the department that can vouch for your story.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Dude, you just fucking lucked out and got missed by an A-10 gun run. Lucky sumbitch!

I know it sucks, but this is clearly for the better. You got a taste of the drama and bullshit associated with fiance's family. You would have been drug down into that and been miserable. Consider yourself lucky you got out as early as you did, with as little financial massacre  to your accounts as possible.

Keep your chin up and go shoosting!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#38]
OP, sounds like you dodged a bullet.   You know the daughter would have ended up as batshit crazy as the Mom.
OTOH, maybe it was Mom's diabolical plan to get rid you all along.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Wow.....Just saw this thread.

That sucks OP.

What's gonna suck even more is when the missing items turn up.....

Oh, won't that be fun?
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That sucks OP.

Oh, won't that be fun?

If you already have clearance, and they filed a police report, you'll probably have to go through the checks and poly anyway to clear it up with your employer?
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sucks OP.

Oh, won't that be fun?

If you already have clearance, and they filed a police report, you'll probably have to go through the checks and poly anyway to clear it up with your employer?

No.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My fiance on the other hand, well, she has to make her own decision doesn't she? And let it be known that she backed me up the whole way through this shit, she just finally came in one nighta nd said, "Maybe you should just take the damn thing to get them off our asses." I asked her if she really thought it would help, she said she thought it would, especially with her dad, but that it was ultimately up to me.

Sorry, your fiance just showed that she can be manipulated by her mother.  Guess what - it doesn't get any better with time.  If you think it is bad now, wait until after ten years and two kids, when ejecting will be a lot more emotionally and financially painful for both of you.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 12:13:05 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Count your lucky stars. You have dodged a bullet. Lots of fucked up shit in your future if you decide to stay in this relationship.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

If I were in that position, I'd tell them to fuck off and never speak to them again.

Most....quoted....post....ever.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Moms trying to scam her homeowners insurance
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 12:16:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That sucks OP.

Oh, won't that be fun?

I was thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My fiance on the other hand, well, she has to make her own decision doesn't she? And let it be known that she backed me up the whole way through this shit, she just finally came in one nighta nd said, "Maybe you should just take the damn thing to get them off our asses." I asked her if she really thought it would help, she said she thought it would, especially with her dad, but that it was ultimately up to me.

Sorry, your fiance just showed that she can be manipulated by her mother.  Guess what - it doesn't get any better with time.  If you think it is bad now, wait until after ten years and two kids, when ejecting will be a lot more emotionally and financially painful for both of you.

This unfortunately.  You are marrying her and her family....that is how it usually goes at least.  I don't see a happy ending here.  She has backed you up to this point, but family problems like this have a way of wearing down a relationship.  Oh and fuck them!!  Hope everything works out for you.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
...Fiancee and I just talked on the phone, it looks like we're through. You guys are right, this shit will just continue and at some point she will want to have her mother back in her life. Things would probably be OK for a while, but then it would just start all over. This really sucks...

I've very pro-marriage, but good eject.  Her crazy ass family was going to make you miserable and destroy your marriage anyway.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#49]
How did this escape pics again?
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#50]
OP, it's gonna hurt.  But do not let her talk you into coming back.

Lots of folks above said it, but it needs said again, you dodged a bullet.

Time to leave the area.

TXL
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top