Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/24/2012 10:52:23 AM EDT
So sitting here eating my lunch, which consists of 6 premade hard boiled eggs that I bought at the store for 1.50.

I can't image they have a room full of grandma's peeling thousands of hard boiled eggs 24x7....so...how do they do it?

EDIT:  They all have a perfect little bit of membrane on the thin end, but ive never seen one with the whites gouged or anything....I'm talking perfectly peels hard boiled eggs.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 10:53:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Forced air.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Forced air.

So they subject it to a light breeze?

Be any more cryptic there on the process, sparky?
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Forced air.

I think that the forced air is after you eat the eggs.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Forced air.

Yeah, if I tell the wife in advance what i ate for lunch, I am relegated to the couch for the evening.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Forced air.

Crack the end of the shell, inject air.  The easiest place for the air to go is between the shell and boiled egg white.  The shell gives from the pressure and falls away.  Similar to how some people cut an incision into an animal's hide and force air in to separate the skin from the meat.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Crack the end of the shell, inject air.  The easiest place for the air to go is between the shell and boiled egg white.  The shell gives from the pressure and falls away.  Similar to how some people cut an incision into an animal's hide and force air in to separate the skin from the meat.

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:12:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJr5wkfmbvM

Magical Inflating coyotes! Sweet!
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Chemicals most likely.

Eat up, Johnny!
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Eggies!
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Eggies!

ETA: dammit! seven seconds!
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Forced air.

So it's a self-replicating system?  Eat an egg and blow the shell off the next one.  Repeat.

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:30:49 AM EDT
[#15]
One of my sisters is a food scientist and I remember reading in one of her magazines about a commercial product that was essentially a huge tube egg.  I guess they'd crack/separate the whites/yolks, then pour them into a long tube  that was spinning –– I'd guess (I'm making this up) –– to keep the yolk in the center, and they'd cook the tube.  End result:  each slice perfect.

ETA:  yeah, like wintermute posted.

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Magnets?

From youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWLOXwNEE5s
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
One of my sisters is a food scientist and I remember reading in one of her magazines about a commercial product that was essentially a huge tube egg.  I guess they'd crack/separate the whites/yolks, then pour them into a long tube  that was spinning –– I'd guess (I'm making this up) –– to keep the yolk in the center, and they'd cook the tube.  End result:  each slice perfect.

ETA:  yeah, like wintermute posted.

Yep, I've seen these. Im talking about the whole hard boiled eggs that are usually next to the prepared single meal salads in the deli section. Like these: Eggs!
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

I wonder if rizzo knows of this.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:38:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Magnets.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#21]
or this....

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#22]
if your eggs came from Walmart....

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#24]
I can eat 50 eggs.

Bet a cold drink.

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#25]
They come from boneless chickens
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I can eat 50 eggs.

Bet a cold drink.

Nobody can eat fitty eggs.

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Temperature shock.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#28]

I liked where that was going until I realized it actually was an egg extractor.

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excellent.

I imagine that would hurt a bit alive.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

that was a trip!
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

if your eggs came from Walmart....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oRxG_d9BBY&feature=related

Wonder what kind of sauce that is in the dipping tray

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#32]
a half-dozen boiled eggs for lunch? I hope you work at home...by yourself.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:02:32 PM EDT
[#33]
I do it for you senor!  I peel your eggs real nice like.

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that was a trip!

I'm impressed at how well that worked.  Even went all the way up the ears!
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I can eat 50 eggs.

Bet a cold drink.

How about a gallon of milk?
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:04:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I can eat 50 eggs.

Bet a cold drink.

What we've got here......
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crack the end of the shell, inject air. The easiest place for the air to go is between the shell and boiled egg white. The shell gives from the pressure and falls away. Similar to how some people cut an incision into an animal's hide and force air in to separate the skin from the meat.

Wow.

I am doing that next time I've got a critter to skin.

That was phenominal

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread is now about this.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa!
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Tag to watch the coyote video when I get home tonight
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I cant wait for the pictures of exploded coyotes from too much skinning air.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#42]
After eggs have been boiled 3-5 minutes (some place, more, depending on state health regs and altitude, salt in water or not)
Drain hot water, let eggs cool off a bit (or use a hot mitt) move eggs around in pot until shells are all cracked.
Put COLD water in the pot with eggs, (add ice is optional - works faster) let sit for a few minutes, sheel will peel right off in your hand or under water rinse.
Store eggs in water with salt and a few drops of lemon juice.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#43]
I about 2 hours the sulfur smelling methane gas gets expelled

6 eggs for $1.50 is a deal

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#44]
You have to use shitty eggs too.

Storebought eggs usually work well. Our "home grown" organic fed eggs don't peel for shit. They stick together too much. None of the tricks in the book worked, which is a shame.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I cant wait for the pictures of exploded coyotes from too much skinning air.

That is what I was waiting for...but by the hissing sound, I am not sure if they have enough pressure to make it blow.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#46]
dduplicate post
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#47]
they get it from this chicken, genetically altered to not have a beak, or feathers, so there is more edible surface area
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Storebought eggs usually work well. Our "home grown" organic fed eggs don't peel for shit. They stick together too much. None of the tricks in the book worked, which is a shame.

Let them sit 2- 3 weeks before boiling.

Been raising our own for a LONG time.

My best is 21 hard boiled at one sitting.
AFTER lunch.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

AFTER lunch.

It is always within your best interest to boil older eggs.  The membrane between the egg and the shell needs time to separate.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AFTER lunch.

It is always within your best interest to boil older eggs.  The membrane between the egg and the shell needs time to separate.

No dice. Even tried as long as a month.

Also tried boiling, then letting them sit in the fridge for a few weeks. These are from organic fed free range, mostly Buckeyes and Silver Laced Wyandottes.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top