Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2012 11:21:48 AM EDT
About 10 days ago I cut my hand open and went to the urgent care center for a tetanus shot but he sewed me up with 3 stitches. After being called a woman and a vagina I am looking to prove my manhood again. Ahh fuck it who am I kidding I don't want to pay this douche nozzle $50 for 15 seconds of work. My question is what is the best way/tools to cut the stitches out of my thumb. As far as I know looks like cutting the thread/wire right below the knot and pulling it through the other side? Thoughts/ pointers would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
About 10 days ago I cut my hand open and went to the urgent care center for a tetanus shot but he sewed me up with 3 stitches. After being called a woman and a vagina I am looking to prove my manhood again. Ahh fuck it who am I kidding I don't want to pay this douche nozzle $50 for 15 seconds of work. My question is what is the best way/tools to cut the stitches out of my thumb. As far as I know looks like cutting the thread/wire right below the knot and pulling it through the other side? Thoughts/ pointers would be appreciated.

I don't know, I've never been a vagina and got stitches.....

Link Posted: 1/15/2012 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Tiny scissors and a leatherman
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Fingernail cutters.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

yep pretty much.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nail clippers if the knots are high enough.  I suggest getting a set of those cuticle scissors with the tiny blades you can slip under the loop and cut.  Do not cut the knot, but hold onto it with a pair of tweesers. The whole suture should come out as one piece if you do it right.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Rip 'em out with your teeth.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#8]
the suture removal is included or should be in putting the stitches in there is  a global on the insurance.  I am not sure you will even need to pay the copay.  I  like to see my handiwork before removing sutures some times you need a bit more time before they come out.  And btw he was not a douch nozzle when he put them in was he?
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
the suture removal is included or should be in putting the stitches in there is  a global on the insurance.  I am not sure you will even need to pay the copay.  I  like to see my handiwork before removing sutures some times you need a bit more time before they come out.  And btw he was not a douch nozzle when he put them in was he?

I've never needed to pay additional to get stitches removed/initial follow up, and they weren't pussy little thumb cuts either, they were lots of stitches with pretty important consequences.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I took out my own stitches several months ago.  (Middle finger, first joint, two stitches from an open dislocation.)

NO BIG DEAL.

Just snip the stitch on ONE side, and grab the knot and pull.    Odds are you won't feel ANYTHING when you do it.  I didn't.
CJ
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not unless asking a fee for a professional service makes on a douche nozzel.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Nail clippers, little scissors or a knife with a sharp tip.

I've taken out all of my own stitches except for stuff from surgery when I had to go back to see the doc anyway. It's not a big deal.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not unless asking a fee for a professional service makes on a douche nozzel.

That's not it at all, I have no problem paying the co=pays and fees. The guy was just a major asshole to everyone around him, me, the nurses, the little kid in the stall next to me. The nurses even called him an asshole after he left the room. Maybe I just caught him on a bad day but from the tone of the nurses sounds like that was a regular old day for him.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Fingernail clippers, kelly clamp or forceps if you have them, small needle nose pliers or utility tool.

The only sutre I've ever had removed by a hospital was a 'cross mattress sutre' damn thing was so complicated, I couldn't figure out where to pull.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nail clippers if the knots are high enough.  I suggest getting a set of those cuticle scissors with the tiny blades you can slip under the loop and cut.  Do not cut the knot, but hold onto it with a pair of tweesers. The whole suture should come out as one piece if you do it right.

For the win.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I've done it a couple of times... it always seem to itch like crazy after they're out. Clippers and tweezers... pull slow, if the skin sticks to the thread, soak your hand in warm water for a few minutes... then they'll slide right out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Fire, and lot's of it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I cut about 20 stitches out of my face with nail clippers, was no big deal.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I snipped mine with a pair of nail clippers and pilled them with my teeth.

Real men pull them through knot side first.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Buddy of mine got cut and we called around to the med clinics for quotes on stitches. IIRC, the cheapest was minimum $200. This was a cut that was too big for superglue but cake to stitch. So I called a dentist buddy and met him after work at his house. He brought home needle, syringe, anesthetic ('cause my buddy is a wuss), and sterile stitching. Twenty minutes later it was done, and it healed up great. Bad part was I didn't have these items on hand....
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fingernail cutters.

This. Clip and pull from the knot side.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Use a rusty razor blade.

You will be annoited a man again.  A man with tetnus, but a man none the less.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#23]
My wife has removed my stitched a few times.  Wait until it is for sure healed.  The stitches will be pretty loose.  She uses one of those tiny, very sharp cuticle scissors that look like micro wirecutters.

Cut, tweeze them out gently.  Apply some alcohol then some Neosporin and a bandaid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top