Site Notices
10/1/2014 2:19:24 PM
10/1/2014 10:30:17 AM
Author
Posted: 1/15/2012 3:21:48 PM
About 10 days ago I cut my hand open and went to the urgent care center for a tetanus shot but he sewed me up with 3 stitches. After being called a woman and a vagina I am looking to prove my manhood again. Ahh fuck it who am I kidding I don't want to pay this douche nozzle $50 for 15 seconds of work. My question is what is the best way/tools to cut the stitches out of my thumb. As far as I know looks like cutting the thread/wire right below the knot and pulling it through the other side? Thoughts/ pointers would be appreciated.
kcolg30

Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 3:22:14 PM
[Last Edit: 1/15/2012 3:23:43 PM by kcolg30]
rwinn625
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 3:23:44 PM
[Last Edit: 1/15/2012 3:24:15 PM by rwinn625]
Originally Posted By trav1921:
About 10 days ago I cut my hand open and went to the urgent care center for a tetanus shot but he sewed me up with 3 stitches. After being called a woman and a vagina I am looking to prove my manhood again. Ahh fuck it who am I kidding I don't want to pay this douche nozzle $50 for 15 seconds of work. My question is what is the best way/tools to cut the stitches out of my thumb. As far as I know looks like cutting the thread/wire right below the knot and pulling it through the other side? Thoughts/ pointers would be appreciated.

I don't know, I've never been a vagina and got stitches.....

maddmatt
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 3:23:47 PM
Tiny scissors and a leatherman
ambalamps
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 3:25:14 PM
Fingernail cutters.
abc123omg
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 3:25:32 PM

yep pretty much.
NavyDoc1
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 3:27:59 PM
[Last Edit: 1/15/2012 3:31:27 PM by NavyDoc1]

Nail clippers if the knots are high enough. I suggest getting a set of those cuticle scissors with the tiny blades you can slip under the loop and cut. Do not cut the knot, but hold onto it with a pair of tweesers. The whole suture should come out as one piece if you do it right.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. ~Thomas Jefferson~
aquaman67
Well...Are You?
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 3:28:19 PM
Rip 'em out with your teeth.
OIF 06-08 Vet.
dashotgun
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 3:28:54 PM
the suture removal is included or should be in putting the stitches in there is a global on the insurance. I am not sure you will even need to pay the copay. I like to see my handiwork before removing sutures some times you need a bit more time before they come out. And btw he was not a douch nozzle when he put them in was he?
itstock
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 3:31:43 PM
Originally Posted By dashotgun:
the suture removal is included or should be in putting the stitches in there is a global on the insurance. I am not sure you will even need to pay the copay. I like to see my handiwork before removing sutures some times you need a bit more time before they come out. And btw he was not a douch nozzle when he put them in was he?

I've never needed to pay additional to get stitches removed/initial follow up, and they weren't pussy little thumb cuts either, they were lots of stitches with pretty important consequences.
cmjohnson
I see stupid people. They're EVERYWHERE.
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 3:32:04 PM
I took out my own stitches several months ago. (Middle finger, first joint, two stitches from an open dislocation.)

NO BIG DEAL.

Just snip the stitch on ONE side, and grab the knot and pull. Odds are you won't feel ANYTHING when you do it. I didn't.

CJ
"Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark.
Now they will learn why they fear the night."....Thulsa Doom

"How are your eyes adjusting to light? It must have been dark under that rock. "..Mosin_nagant
NavyDoc1
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 3:32:12 PM

Not unless asking a fee for a professional service makes on a douche nozzel.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Ponyboy
Hi, I'm date Mike....nice to meet me
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 3:34:36 PM
Nail clippers, little scissors or a knife with a sharp tip.

I've taken out all of my own stitches except for stuff from surgery when I had to go back to see the doc anyway. It's not a big deal.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas

WildHogHunters.com
trav1921
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 3:45:58 PM
Originally Posted By NavyDoc1:

Not unless asking a fee for a professional service makes on a douche nozzel.

That's not it at all, I have no problem paying the co=pays and fees. The guy was just a major asshole to everyone around him, me, the nurses, the little kid in the stall next to me. The nurses even called him an asshole after he left the room. Maybe I just caught him on a bad day but from the tone of the nurses sounds like that was a regular old day for him.
50-140
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 3:46:31 PM
Fingernail clippers, kelly clamp or forceps if you have them, small needle nose pliers or utility tool.

The only sutre I've ever had removed by a hospital was a 'cross mattress sutre' damn thing was so complicated, I couldn't figure out where to pull.
Proud member "Ranstad's Militia, The Fantastic Bastards"
NRA Endowment life member
xanadu
Member Emeritus and Pater Familia
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 3:47:43 PM
Originally Posted By NavyDoc1:

Nail clippers if the knots are high enough. I suggest getting a set of those cuticle scissors with the tiny blades you can slip under the loop and cut. Do not cut the knot, but hold onto it with a pair of tweesers. The whole suture should come out as one piece if you do it right.

For the win.
"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" - Rudyard Kipling
RIPPER334
1*
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 4:01:07 PM
I've done it a couple of times... it always seem to itch like crazy after they're out. Clippers and tweezers... pull slow, if the skin sticks to the thread, soak your hand in warm water for a few minutes... then they'll slide right out.
This signature space for rent :)
Soylent
Captain Colostrophy says eat your fiber kids!
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 4:02:57 PM
Fire, and lot's of it.
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:
"You know, perhaps I was wrong about this guy. Now that he's sent me a picture of his wang I'm starting to see the beauty of the person within."
w15ly
Omnivore
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 4:03:20 PM
I cut about 20 stitches out of my face with nail clippers, was no big deal.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
PantherArms762
We're Clever but we're clueless...
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 4:04:34 PM
[Last Edit: 1/15/2012 4:05:14 PM by PantherArms762]
I snipped mine with a pair of nail clippers and pilled them with my teeth.

Real men pull them through knot side first.
PFC-Demon: Thomas Jefferson taught me that sometimes you gotta shoot a motherfucker in the face with a rifle.
DangerJ: Apparently you have to respect the diversity of this company and the fact that some dudes just like to jerk off into packed lunches.
Skillshot
Rouleur
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 4:09:05 PM
Buddy of mine got cut and we called around to the med clinics for quotes on stitches. IIRC, the cheapest was minimum $200. This was a cut that was too big for superglue but cake to stitch. So I called a dentist buddy and met him after work at his house. He brought home needle, syringe, anesthetic ('cause my buddy is a wuss), and sterile stitching. Twenty minutes later it was done, and it healed up great. Bad part was I didn't have these items on hand....
"I will tell you what the best caliber is. It is the bullet, that is fired by the man, who sees the other guy first. In my experience, the caliber doesn't matter." - patkrysbold
sjoerdvan
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 6:49:49 PM
Originally Posted By ambalamps:
Fingernail cutters.

This. Clip and pull from the knot side.
TUBBY
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 6:53:50 PM
Use a rusty razor blade.

You will be annoited a man again. A man with tetnus, but a man none the less.
LWilde
Avast there, ye Swab!
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 7:01:02 PM
My wife has removed my stitched a few times. Wait until it is for sure healed. The stitches will be pretty loose. She uses one of those tiny, very sharp cuticle scissors that look like micro wirecutters.

Cut, tweeze them out gently. Apply some alcohol then some Neosporin and a bandaid.
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.---Anon