Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/6/2012 9:40:31 PM EDT
The video below is one of the documents sent to Wikileaks by Bradley Manning.

This video, interestingly, was obtained from a JAG's computer.

The first one is the raw footage.  The second is with commentary by Wikeleaks editor Julian Assange.

Watch the first one, don't skip to #2.  Form you own opionion first.

Good shoot...or no?

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Seen it...

Good shoot.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#2]
You do realize that it was a doctored video by Wikileaks?

Meaning it was modified to make it look like US Forces were shooting at innocent people. The actual raw footage shows guys with RPGs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Meaning it was modified to make it look like US Forces were shooting at innocent people. The actual raw footage shows guys with RPGs.

Since the raw footage was provided by Wikileaks, how the fuck can this be accurate?

Show me a link or bullshit.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since the raw footage was provided by Wikileaks, how the fuck can this be accurate?

It's not raw footage, what wikileaks "released" was a doctored video.

It was on the Colbert Report. They obtained the raw video and compared it to the video that wikileaks released. Surprisingly as how sarcastic Colbert is, this was a serious interview. IIRC.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Seen it, good shoot.

Don't want to get shot? Don't embed with combatants.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This same video and following thread have been discussed on here before.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:53:26 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/260785/april-12-2010/exclusives––-julian-assange-unedited-interview
skip to 5:20 and Colbert shows that wikileaks was misleading, such as that there had been a firefight there just moments before the apache footage takes place where it shoots people.

Colbert calls him out on editing the video and Assange admits to it.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It was on the Colbert Report. They obtained the raw video and compared it to the video that wikileaks released. Surprisingly as how sarcastic Colbert is, this was a serious interview. IIRC.

Using the Colbert report as a source is about on the same level as using The Onion.

Don't you know that he a comedian?  

Show me a link to the video before it was "doctored" or bullshit.

Your credibility just keeps going down, kid.  

This is like your Paul bashing theads when you don't even vote.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Using the Colbert report as a source is about on the same level as using The Onion.

ASSANGE (the leader of wikileaks) FUCKING ADMITS THAT THE VIDEO HAS MISSING AND EDITED FOOTAGE.

And for your argument, you have failed to prove that what I said was false, when I got the fucking word from the horses mouth right there on tape.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The wikileaks version points out the two cameramen with cameras, but somehow misses the dude next to them holding an AK as well as another guy with an RPG.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

ASSANGE (the leader of wikileaks) FUCKING ADMITS THAT THE VIDEO HAS MISSING AND EDITED FOOTAGE.

And for your argument, you have failed to prove that what I said was false, when I got the fucking word from the horses mouth right there on tape.

Breaking up is hard to do, sweet pea, but you are on my IGNORE list in 3, 2, 1....*click*

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#12]
This video has been discussed before. The bad guys had been in continuous combat with coalition forces for over an hour.

The "press" guys were actively helping the terrorists.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Older than the goddamn mountains. In short, if you shoot at American troops and there's an Apache overhead, you're fucked.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Older than the goddamn mountains. In short, if you shoot at American troops and there's an Apache overhead, you're fucked.

They did not shoot.

Obviously, you have never watched the video.

It may benefit you to actually look at it before you comment...just sayin'

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh for fucks sake, you are turning your Paultardation up to 11. Its goddamned 'Collateral Murder' and you think its legit? Have you slept through the past few years?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/07/military-raises-questions-credibility-leaked-iraq-shooting-video/

"The problem, according to many who have viewed the video, is that WikiLeaks appears to have done selective editing that tells only half the story..."

Fuck that took all of 4 seconds to find. Back in the day, they didn't let people like you vote, and it was a better country for it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They did not shoot.

I watched the edited video that showed the innocent victims. Then I watched the non-edited video that showed the innocent victims with RPGs.

You're a year or so late. In fact, I think I discussed this on MP.net before I ever even registered here.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They did not shoot.

I'm not sure if you watched the video, because they (the journalists) were with armed insurgents in an area where a firefight was happening.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Is this video the one where it was claimed that the RPGs were cameras?  If so, good kills.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#19]
So, you now trying to prove Manning some kind of hero so you can still vote for that asshole Paul without feeling like a fool?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#21]
You're loosing it Bubba. This Ron Paul / wiki-leak/ Sp.4 Manning, whistle-blower traitor thing is hurting your credibility to be taken seriously my friend.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually have a copy of the Article 15 investigation report.  I can email it too you if you want.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You're loosing it Bubba. This Ron Paul / wiki-leak/ Sp.4 Manning, whistle-blower traitor thing is hurting your credibility to be taken seriously my friend.

Indeed. I try to give the OP a break because there's things I like about Ron Paul, but this sort of thing really doesn't do it for me at all.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:30:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the actual US MILITARY Article 15 investigation report.  I think that qualifies as source material....
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#25]
So I take it no one is interested in real "facts" at all?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This.

Julian Assange is a fucking douchebag of the highest order. Manning is a traitor who blatantly violated the safety of our Service Members, and deserves to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

I don't necessarily support Ron Paul (or any candidates right now), but if I did, I'd still continue to decide on my own if I agree with each position he had individually. You don't need to follow him 100% to vote for him. You shouldn't be upset at other people who don't agree with you. Do you think that Ron Paul will be the best choice for the overall future of America? Okay, then vote for him. That should be the only factor in deciding if you are going to vote for someone or not.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So I take it no one is interested in real "facts" at all?

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually have a copy of the Article 15 investigation report.  I can email it too you if you want.

I'd be happy to look at it if you email it.

If the video is doctored, I'd really like to see a copy of the undoctored footage.

I think the original, undoctored raw footage before wikileaks released it would be the most convincing proof of fraud.

The biggest problem I have with this shoot is when they fire on the van.  If I came upon wounded people I would try to get them to a hospital ASAP.  I would not worry about who they are or what happened...it's the humane thing to do.  

Maybe that's just the health care worker in me.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the video is doctored, I'd really like to see a copy of the undoctored footage.

I think the original, undoctored raw footage before wikileaks released it would be the most convincing proof of fraud.

The biggest problem I have with this shoot is when they fire on the van.  If I came upon wounded people I would try to get them to a hospital ASAP.  I would not worry about who they are or what happened...it's the humane thing to do.  

Maybe that's just the health care working in me.  

One of the interesting things in the report is that van that was loading the wounded was observed dropping off armed fighters prior to the pitched firefight.  It wasn't "just some guy trying to help" it was a support vehicle and a legitimate military target.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:43:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Fuck Julian Ass-ange, Fuck Bradley Manning, & Fuck Ron Paul
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:46:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the interesting things in the report is that van that was loading the wounded was observed dropping off armed fighters prior to the pitched firefight.  It wasn't "just some guy trying to help" it was a support vehicle and a legitimate military target.

If that is the case, that makes a big difference.

The video does not show this.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:46:39 PM EDT
[#32]
I've seen it. Good shoot. I'll say in this thread what I said about it in another thread. The situation sucks. But everyone was acting in good faith. I've never been in a helicopter with what looks like an RPG pointed toward me. They would not have opened fire if they knew those were journalists. It's regrettable, and it sucks, but the good faith is what is most important.

So, I guess, "Good shoot" isn't really a good descriptor of how I feel about it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They did not shoot.

What I saw in the video was people dying during a war....

I am outraged, I had no idea that people actually died during war.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

'bout sums it up.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Good shoot.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

This Buckeye speaks the truth.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another factor was that 1) the photographers were not wearing the required markings for press. 2) The guys with cameras where in direct proximity to armed fighters engaged in a ongoing firefight, and finally 3) Insurgent routinely had guys taking video and photos for propaganda purposes thus the fact they had cameras so combined with number 2, they were regarded as legitimate targets.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Good Shoot. Also, Bradley Manning is a traitor and deserves a bullet in the back of the head and Julian Asange is an oportunistic bastard that deserves to be put into a chipper shredder, feet first.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, the original, undoctored raw footage has been posted in this thread and you blew it off as made up.

Go get your head examined.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Take a break from the Primary run up guy.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:56:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

You must be used to backpedaling by now, I guess.

Regardless, it still doesn't explain how you fell for such obvious propaganda in the first place.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:00:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Regardless, it still doesn't explain how you fell for such obvious propaganda in the first place.

Collateral Murder is a purely unbiased title.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:02:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Collateral Murder is a purely unbiased title.

There is a reason why I put quotation marks on the thread title.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:03:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Julian Assface is a fucking needle dick faggot.  That is all.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:06:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Cant believe people are still posting this bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:11:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have a copy of the original footage?  I'd be happy to look at it.  I'm quite open-minded.

I threw this video to GD to make their own decisions...I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

By looking at the video provided, any reasonable person would tend to assume that the van was there to provide medical assistance.

If it is, bad shoot.  If it was involved in combat, good shoot.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have a copy of the original footage?  I'd be happy to look at it.  I'm quite open-minded.

I threw this video to GD to make their own decisions...I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

By looking at the video provided, any reasonable person would tend to assume that the van was there to provide medical assistance.

Actually, by rendering aid to combatants you automatically become combatants so it's a good shoot no matter what.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:16:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Seen it...

Good shoot.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:25:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, the original, undoctored raw footage has been posted in this thread and you blew it off as made up.Go get your head examined.

Since he obviously missed your post the first time.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:27:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, by rendering aid to combatants you automatically become combatants so it's a good shoot no matter what.

Well, if the United States is ever attacked then my life expectancy is about zero.

If you come across someone dying in the street it is first nature to help first and get the details later.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top