Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2001 10:48:36 PM EDT
Last night the library security guard wanted to get something to eat and after hearing the mean stuff people here were saying about Applebees I suggested that we go there.

First of all there were lots of REALLY cute womenz working there and were very nice to me. I even enjoyed the all you can eat bbq long pig riblets.

No billing problems encountered and I hope to go there again soon.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 10:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Why Applebees is so unbelievably popular is a mystery to me.  In my town, the place is always packed, but when I went, I didn't think it was anything special at all.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmmm, being a proud piglet myself, I'm wondering how many riblets they bring out to your table.  I'm thinking of heading by there with a friend so I can pig out on ribs but I don't want to have them bring out 4-5 ribs at a time and have to wait for 10-15 minutes between each batch of ribs, NO!  I want to have them bring out a damned bucket full of ribs first and if I finish them they can bring me more.

I don't want to have them try to keep me in the restaraunt by rationing the ribs they give me with each serving.

In my hay day I could put away 2 and 1/2 footlong Subway sandwiches.  If I'm gonna go to Applebees to eat "all you can eat" then I'm gonna be packing my appetite.

And I agree, there isn't really anything special about that place.  That's why I'm fearing going there unless they are gonna treat me right and bring the wheelbarrel right out to my table.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
First of all there were lots of REALLY cute womenz working there and were very nice to me. I even enjoyed the all you can eat bbq long pig riblets.
View Quote

you'll never get them girlies as long as your eating those"BBQ LONG PIG RIBLETS"[:X*]I don't even want to know what their made of!
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hmmmmm, being a proud piglet myself, I'm wondering how many riblets they bring out to your table.  I'm thinking of heading by there with a friend so I can pig out on ribs but I don't want to have them bring out 4-5 ribs at a time and have to wait for 10-15 minutes between each batch of ribs, NO!  I want to have them bring out a damned bucket full of ribs first and if I finish them they can bring me more.

I don't want to have them try to keep me in the restaraunt by rationing the ribs they give me with each serving.

In my hay day I could put away 2 and 1/2 footlong Subway sandwiches.  If I'm gonna go to Applebees to eat "all you can eat" then I'm gonna be packing my appetite.

And I agree, there isn't really anything special about that place.  That's why I'm fearing going there unless they are gonna treat me right and bring the wheelbarrel right out to my table.
View Quote

Did someone say RIBS? I know where I'm going for dinner tomorrow....

John

Link Posted: 4/1/2001 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]
2 1/2 subway foot longs eh? i think i could do that right now, but it sure does make hiking the hills a bit harder [:D]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 11:22:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, that damned subway bread, it's nothing but fluff bread and about 1/2 air.   Then the amount of meat that subway puts on their sandwiches these days is a damned JOKE!

Now TOGOS, that's a pretty good sandwich shop.  I've only been able to do damage to 2 of their "large" sandwiches and I felt like I was gonna die after eating them.

you jerkoffs are making me hungry, everything is closed too so that likely means a bowl of cereal for me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Some friends and I used to go there, the food always sucked, but they have pretty good deals on BIG tap beers.  They also have one hell of a margarita, called the "perfect margarita" that comes in a shaker with a martini glass.

muy bueno!
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 6:20:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Geez.  Over here in AZ, Applebee's has decent but unexceptional food, mediocre service, and high prices.  Especially on drinks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 6:44:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Applebee's ok but poor selection of food in general. Chili's much better in my opinion for that type of place.

Much better ribs at quite a few places
-Outback (Everywhere)
-Corky's (Knoxville, New Orleans, Memphis) maybe more by now
-Tony Roma's (Almost everywhere)
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 6:57:11 AM EDT
[#10]
The LAST time me and my family went to CRapplebee's me wife had a fried chicken salad?
There was "something" on the lettuce that my wife found... after she had eaten about 3/4's of it. They could not identify it nor could I. Some type of black crap! They offered her another one (yeah right) but refused to take it off the bill. We both got sick for about three days and WILL NOT return!
A lady, that my wife works with, and her husband went there a month after us and both got sick. She had to go to her Dr. and he said it was botulism (food poisoning). Well needless to say they will not be going back either.
There are no girls pretty enough there for me to risk my health over!
Lynn   [puke]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:13:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Imbrogl!o,

"Long Pig"?!?!?!?!?!  Did you say Long Pig?!?!?! Last time I checked, this was what the aborigines called edible missionaries!!

LAgunman2K,

Subway?  Home of the "Bread Sandwich"!  If you want a real sub, Go to Mike's in Dunellen, NJ.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:53:54 AM EDT
[#12]
The Subways *I* go to build a great sandwich for what I think is a great price, and believe me, I know about hogging - my middle name is "buffet".
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#13]
There was one particular Sizzlers restaurant I use to go to with a few friends of mine during the rib special.  At this particular Sizzlers they would have their ribs in the area where you could serve yourself without assistance from the waitress or waiter.  

These three friends of mine were “gym rats” like myself.  But the only difference is that these three guys were fairly large and muscular.  Not like myself; I’m somewhat toned and light on the body fat and muscle bulk.  

When Sizzlers would run their rib bash commercial, we would go there and eat like there was no tomorrow!  Needless to say, there would be so many bones near us from our [b]pig-out[/b] that we would take most of the bones and shove them in paper bags and dump them in the nearest trash can outside the restaurant.   We didn’t want to look like pigs in front of the nice waitresses. Those were the good old days!   [:D]

Our favorite Sizzlers, and maybe the others, do not have their ribs in the serve-yourself areas anymore.  Now days they serve people a few ribs at a time to possibly control the [b] potential damage [/b] to their profits.      [:(]

My friends felt that when a restaurant has an “eat-all-you-want” sign, they are saying to you to challenge them.  I guess they interpret the sign as “challenge us. we dare you!”.  Ha ha ha

Next stop...Applebees!  Hide them ribs and lock them doors because the [b]Big 3[/b](sans myself) will clean you out next!  [:D]

-RoadDog

Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:08:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, I have never seen cow or pig rib bones that flat before and I have noticed that the homeless shopping cart people have been disappearing around here lately.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#15]
What I have found about these places are that they are all the same.
Its the NEW fast food.
They all serve the same food in the same way, with the same tastes and in the same configuration.
They are all the same..
Outback
Applebeys
TGIFridays
Ruby Tuesdays
GroundRound
Then there are the others, but still the same...
Red Lobster
Olive Garden

I'll still eat there but I never think of it as anything that resembles a quality dinner.  Its just fast food that requires a long unecessary wait...

BISHOP
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Bishop hit the nail on the head.  Most of these corporate restaurants serve "generic" food.  Face it, there's only so many ways to dress up chicken (Well, maybe McUzi's got a few I never heard of [:)]) and be able to reheat it in a timely manner. I cannot understand how these places drive the "Mom and Pop" restaurants out of business.  Maybe it's the liquor licenses.  Drink enough and anything tastes good.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I am sorry but as I am so damn poor, I cannot complain, unlike you rich bastards, were I get treated to dinner at. To me this is the closest to Spagos I will ever get.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#18]
This might hurt Imbro but I heard Wolfgang is going to close the original Spagos...
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Though I haven't been there for awhile,  Applebees ain't bad at all. You gotta love that chicken/riblets basket.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I like Applebee's. Where else can I look at the waitresses, watch ESPN (I don't have cable.), and eat quesadillas while throwing back a Killians?
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 3:38:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes Outback is the same everywhere that I have been. Thank goodness.
In my opinion they have the most consistantly good food around, and I've been to many, many of them. I'm on the road over 300 days a year and on a corporate expense account so I eat at some nice places. They don't overcook their veggies and cook the steak to perfection every time I've had one there.  Not to say they are the best place around but Ruth Chris or Commanders palace has nothing over them but price.  You get a 2 1/2 in thick lean steak for around $12 (depending on location). Their ribs are great too.  Anyway my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Overeating, I have you with overeating. I went to a sphagetti place in Omaha in colege. My dormates and I had an eating contest.
I came in second, eating 15 plates of pasta.
The winner was a 6 foot 6" scrawny guy who ate 17 plates.
[puke]
Do not try this at home, I was sick for two days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top