Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/5/2012 4:00:22 PM EDT
And not just a police force.  Who are they going to defend against?  The US could overrun the country in a day.  The US will stop any invasion/takeover to protect our own borders.

They could spend the money saved on more social programs. What are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
They jealously guard their bagged milk.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm... not a very good topic or thread to start with. No need to question Allies and why they need a military.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#3]
They like to play Army?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Serious?  Have you seen those Polar Bears?  Fucking vicious!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#5]
They must defend our hat!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Why wouldn't one of our states have a national guard?  
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#7]

So that they can record two of the top three longest range sniper kills.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#8]
U.S.penis envy?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Seriously, its part of international politics. Its hard to influence, say, Europe, without playing an active part in NATO. You can get things done in your favor in Africa, if you can support the African Union (?) in getting rid of Khadaffi.

And the US, Russia, and Iceland all claim parts of Canada as their own.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:08:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hmm... not a very good topic or thread to start with. No need to question Allies and why they need a military.

Especially those worth a damn.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Based on personal experience, some of their military is a social program.

They have some fine troops. Not bagging on the actual shooters in their armed forces at all.  Brave, even heroic. Dependable.

They also have some losers that could not get a job at 7-11, with health issues that would get them bounced out of the US Army in a day.  It is easier to keep them in a uniform & cleaning toilets or counting MRE's than it is to pay assistance to them as an unemployed loser.  In Canada the .gov would be picking up the tab either way, so they keep them marginally employed.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:09:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why wouldn't one of our states have a national guard?  

That is a place to get away from the old lady and kids for the weekend, and drink with your buddies.  It was in it, I know how it works.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Lately, Russia's been doing a little sabre rattling in the arctic. Although any sort of conflict up there probably wouldn't be very conventional - mechanized infantry and armor wouldn't be of much use.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Troll
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I saw a lot of Canadians in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#16]
They did land a division at Normandy on D-day.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:13:39 PM EDT
[#17]
they have flappy heads
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Why shouldn't they be able to protect themselves?  Last I checked we were A-OK with Canada.  I don't get this thread.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Who do any of our allies have a military?  Pointless waste of money.  Any nation can just claim to be our friends and we will do all the work.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:15:50 PM EDT
[#20]
The stupid is burning hotter than usual today.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why shouldn't they be able to protect themselves?  Last I checked we were A-OK with Canada.  I don't get this thread.

That is the question.  Who are they going to protect themselves from? We could overrun them in a day and would defend them in case of an attack from the Russians or Chicoms.  

I can see a national police force (which they have) but not a standing military.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Canada has shed a lot of blood for their stupid queen.

Their military is good stuff IMO.  They use it even though they act like they hate to.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#23]
So targettarget could have an avatar!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#24]
In for the Canadian butt hurt.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:18:42 PM EDT
[#25]
How do you dig a fox hole when the ground is frozen?
Are igloos bullet proof?
If our MREs are in bags and there milk are in bags, are their MREs bagged in bags on bags around bags?
What cal for polar bear?

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Someone has to Stand On Guard For Thee.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is the question.  Who are they going to protect themselves from? We could overrun them in a day and would defend them in case of an attack from the Russians or Chicoms.  

I can see a national police force (which they have) but not a standing military.

Why in the blue fuck would Canada's defense strategy involve defending themselves from the US?

They are a NATO ally - the only other non-European NATO nation.

NATO is a collective defense organization, and Canada offers far more than its fair share.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#28]
To send 158 men to die helping America?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Wow.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a first world nation, NATO member and ally of other freedom loving nations they partake in international relief, training, and peace keeping missions.

Outside of the UN faggotry, Canada actually has some sizable assets to be guarded.  Even Iceland tried to dust-up with them over fishing resources.  Then they have russia on the other side.  Canada has some definite security interests in the post cold war world.  Don't think for a second that the Japanese and Russians wouldn't be overfishing their EEZ if Canada hung up their naval assets.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#31]
ridiculous
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Take off hoser

They are not afraid to send Jean Claude Van Damme to beat an ass in our defense either
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Double tap
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
To send 158 men to die helping America?

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You could make the same argument about the US. Who is going to invade the USA?

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Mexico. And it looks like they're winning.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:27:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Are you fuckin retarded? Do you think you are the only country that has lost men over seas?

If this is some kind of joke I am out of the loop on... fuck you anyways.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Are you fuckin retarded? Do you think you are the only country that has lost men over seas?

If this is some kind of joke I am out of the loop on... fuck you anyways.

Retarded implies a physical brain limitation to excuse this kind of stuff.  Stupid just is.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Bigfoot
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

In for the Canadian butt hurt.

No butt hurt this way.

I recognize that the OP was probably on drugs when he wrote that.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even close. Look at the size and scope of the US military and area covered and then compare Canada. They could not stop a Normandy size invasion, the US could.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Serious?  Have you seen those Polar Bears?  Fucking vicious!

And those f-n wolverine's.

Lil bastards make polar bear's look like overgrown lab's .
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#43]
It's a perk of being a country. They could have told us to fuck off with Afghanistan, but there they are, helping out when their active/reserve Army totals 35-40k personnel.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

And not just a police force.  Who are they going to defend against?  The US could overrun the country in a day.  The US will stop any invasion/takeover to protect our own borders.

They could spend the money saved on more social programs. What are your thoughts?

They are doing a pretty good job of shooting taliban in the head.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even close. Look at the size and scope of the US military and area covered and then compare Canada. They could not stop a Normandy size invasion, the US could.

Who would conduct this "Normandy size invasion?"

Why would they have to stop it themselves?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are you picking on Canada when Mexico is the one going in dry for real???

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#47]
You mean they couldnt stop the largest invasion force in the history of the world made possible by the combined efforts of three superpowers? Well who would have thought it...
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:37:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are you picking on Canada when Mexico is the one going in dry for real???

Indeed.

Mexico has zero defense strategy, can't even monitor its own borders, and can't adequately govern its domestic population.

The US could probably invade Mexico with an Army raised of Mexicans gladly joining in.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#49]
The United States invaded Canada once, in the War of 1812.

American leaders assumed that Canada could be easily overrun.

Former President Jefferson optimistically referred to the conquest of Canada as "a matter of marching."

It didn't quite go as planned.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The United States invaded Canada once, in the War of 1812.

American leaders assumed that Canada could be easily overrun.

Former President Jefferson optimistically referred to the conquest of Canada as "a matter of marching."

It didn't quite go as planned.

Jefferson was a lot of things, a military man he was not.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top