Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/3/2012 1:38:55 PM EDT
I'm working with some friends to get this 18-year-old mother a new shotgun after her "old" one was seized by police after she perforated a thug who forced entry on her house less than a week after her husband died of cancer on Christmas Day.

I'm surprised the good folks at Arfcom aren't doing anything for her.

Anyway, I just got off the phone with one of the detectives there and they, and the State's Attorney there, all have nothing but the highest praise for how this girl handled a very difficult situation and universal agreement that she's been through hell in the last two weeks.

He told me she will be on Good Morning America tomorrow morning (Wednesday).

They are working to find me a local FFL who can handle this replacement shotgun issue for us.

There's also a bank account set up at the local bank for her that either someone at Blanchard PD set up or someone they approve of set up.  I know Arfcom is a little weird about posting that sort of "fundraising" information, so I'll keep it out of this post.

The story is here.

ETA:  Disclosure:  I don't know this woman from anything except the news reports and talking with the local PD people.  I live in IL.  I was born in OK, but that was 44 years ago and I haven't been back since.  ... and this isn't meant as a fundraising thread!
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#1]
PM me the information you have on donations if you aren't going to post it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:45:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Please send me info by PM also.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Good shoot  

TAG  
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto. She should have a handgun too.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me as well, please.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#6]
GMA will ask her how she feels for ending somebodies babies life and why she feels she needs a new gun?!???!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
GMA will ask her how she feels for ending somebodies babies life and why she feels she needs a new gun?!???!!

She should feel great for saving the life of her own child.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#8]
PM me the info too.  Things are tight now, but I can spare $20 for her.

Glad it sounds like she's not getting dragged through the mud by detectives / the DA / etc.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:17:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow.

Lost 2 dogs, her husband, and then has to kill a guy breaking into her home.

Here's hoping things turn out better for her this year.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#10]
The 21 minutes on the phone with 911 is what gets me. I live in a densely populated area and I'm sure response would be in the single digits, but with all the budget cuts, that safety net is disappearing for a lot of folks. Hopefully this is a wake up call for them.

ETA: The comments on that article are simultaneously hilarious and sad. This poor girl is apparently the most articulate person in her entire county.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Something's not right here...why would her shotgun be seized by police if no charges against her are pending and the cops are calling it a justified shoot?  I'd have no problem contributing, but it seems like she could probably put the money to better use than a new gun, when by all legal measure she should get the old one back.

What am I missing?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Something's not right here...why would her shotgun be seized by police if no charges against her are pending and the cops are calling it a justified shoot?  I'd have no problem contributing, but it seems like she could probably put the money to better use than a new gun, when by all legal measure she should get the old one back.

What am I missing?

they always take them as evidence
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#13]
21 minutes?  Fucking hell, that's FOREVER.

GMA would be stupid if they try and ambush her.  A case like this is the poster-child for self defense shootings.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

they always take them as evidence

It's still a homicide, after all.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#15]
charge the other man with murder!
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I wonder what loads she used.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Hurt and pain.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#18]
The dictionary companies need to update the definition of "woman".  While they are at it they can update the photos next to the definition of heroine.   Good Lord Almighty.  When I am in a bind I hope someone like her is nearby.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm up to do something for her.

Any Arfcom Okies know about this?

Edit: Posted about this in the Oklahoma HTF.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hurt and pain.

A great brand name....
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I can't really help out with cash but I'd be willing to throw in a box or two of ammo.
On another note... How old was her husband. And is gma liberal?

Eta... 21 minutes? Wow, where's the "call a cop" crowd on this one?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Wow.

Lost 2 dogs, her husband, and then has to kill a guy breaking into her home.

Here's hoping things turn out better for her this year.

x2

That is awful.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Sounds like she needs it.

Who knows what douche # 2 is going to be willing to do to get back at her for killing his friend.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm up to do something for her.

Any Arfcom Okies know about this?

Edit: Posted about this in the Oklahoma HTF.

PLUS 1

IM info please...
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#25]
About 20 minutes away from me.  Pretty nuts.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#26]
She's like a lot of Okie women. Many will shoot an intruder and do it right with the first shot.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Sounds like she needs it.

Who knows what douche # 2 is going to be willing to do to get back at her for killing his friend.

I don't know if she'll have that problem. The idiot turned himself in which probably means they got a full confession. And depending on state law (I know it's this way in TX), when you're committing a felony and someone ends up dead, you get charged with capital murder. So he's basically fucked. He could have some wacko family members though, who knows. I doubt they'll confront her at home though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
21 minutes?  Fucking hell, that's FOREVER.

GMA would be stupid if they try and ambush her.  A case like this is the poster-child for self defense shootings.

That's Grady County for ya...

Remember folks, when seconds count the authorities are usually only moments away. You'll get a nice report and a free chalk outline when they get there.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Set up a PayPal type donations deal, them PM me

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a spare Mossberg 835 12 gauge if you have an FFL set up to handle the transfer. Let me know.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Bout 10 miles from my house. Good Shoot!
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me as well, please.

Macros, your mailbox is full.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If you wish to make this a fundraiser thread, you will need to contact Striker to ask permission.

This is not my intent, I'll send him an IM as it seems people are volunteering to help a lot.

ETA:  Message sent.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
On the news just a few minutes ago:

She's getting tons of donations for both her and her baby, lots of stuff coming in from a lot of different people and organizations!

This includes more than one firearms related organization, I bet she's already got a new shotgun!

When I talked with the detective a few ago, he didn't mention any organizations other than ours.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#37]
If this gets Arfcom-sanctioned, I'm in. Subscribed.

Seems like there's a lot of need for this kind of help, lately.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:20:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Heard about it at the office this morning, too bad she didn't get sleazeball #2.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm watching the woman in the news videos. The last thing she should be doing is talking to GMA.

She appears to be a good, smart kid who's about to lose it fast and no one could fault her right now. Jesus, I've never seen this much shit tossed at one person at one time.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:24:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Damn, poor thing.

Glad she had the wherewithal to pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You know she's single right?

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:44:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm watching the woman in the news videos. The last thing she should be doing is talking to GMA.

She appears to be a good, smart kid who's about to lose it fast and no one could fault her right now. Jesus, I've never seen this much shit tossed at one person at one time.

Let's see:

Two dogs killed...  that would be devastating for any of us.

Loss of spouse on Christmas Day!  Jeez, talk about fucking up the Christmas spirit for the rest of one's life.

And now a deadly force encounter where she kills one of two home invaders seeking to rape her.  

I'd say she's prolly ready for some serious counseling.

I sent Striker the info.  I'll let him post the contact info for the fund for the girl.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm in also once approved, or if not, send me an IM.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's see:

Two dogs killed...  that would be devastating for any of us.

Loss of spouse on Christmas Day!  Jeez, talk about fucking up the Christmas spirit for the rest of one's life.

And now a deadly force encounter where she kills one of two home invaders seeking to rape her.  

I'd say she's prolly ready for some serious counseling.

I sent Striker the info.  I'll let him post the contact info for the fund for the girl.

You forgot the whole mother of 3 month old, too

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

No shit.  I can't even comprehend having to deal with all this at all, much less  within a week.

Good to hear she's getting support.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
On the news just a few minutes ago:

She's getting tons of donations for both her and her baby, lots of stuff coming in from a lot of different people and organizations!

This includes more than one firearms related organization, I bet she's already got a new shotgun!

When I talked with the detective a few ago, he didn't mention any organizations other than ours.

I just left the OK2A meeting and she was the subject of conversation. She will be helped by many people here in Oklahoma.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:09:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know she's single right?

LOL

I'll just go right on over there and start beating on the door.  You guys hold my beer.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Hell I'll drive down there tomorrow and hand her one of mine.  The main problem is that the perp has relatives in the area, and they will be looking for payback.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top