Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/3/2012 6:46:10 AM EDT
http://www.conservativedeclaration.com/2012/01/santorums-liberal-record-on-gun-rights/

The fact is, Rick Santorum does have a long history of supporting gun control.
In the 90s, he voted to support the Lautenberg Gun Ban, which stripped law-abiding gun owners of their Second Amendment rights for life, simply because they spanked their children or did nothing more than grab a spouses wrist.

He voted for a bill in 1999 disguised as an attempt to increase penalties on drug traffickers with guns… but it also included a provision to require federal background checks at gun shows. And then he voted with gun-controlling Democrats Dianne Fienstein and Frank Lautenberg to mandate locks on handguns in 2005.

But worst of all, Rick Santorum has a storied history of bailing out anti-gun Republicans facing reelection.
Rick Santorum came to anti-gun Arlen Specter’s defense in 2004 when he was down in the polls against pro-gun Republican Pat Toomey. Specter won and continued to push for gun control during his years in the Senate.

He also supported and openly campaigned for anti-gun New Jersey governor, Christine Todd Whitman.

The evidence is clear… he has a long record of supporting anti-gun legislation and politicians.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:48:56 AM EDT
[#1]
THEY ALL SUCK. WHY IS THIS HARD TO UNDERSTAND?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:50:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Most of ARFcom would choose him over Ron Paul.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:50:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

THEY ALL SUCK. WHY IS THIS HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

Yeah I am getting tired of picking the lesser of two evils .....

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:53:04 AM EDT
[#4]
We must stop thinking of just ourselves, he says.

Must make sacrifices for the greater good.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:53:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In the 90s, he voted to support the Lautenberg Gun Ban, which stripped law-abiding gun owners of their Second Amendment rights for life, simply because they spanked their children or did nothing more than grab a spouses wrist.

I agree with that one. AKA Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban and you have to be convicted.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:57:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Not me

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:58:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

http://www.conservativedeclaration.com/2012/01/santorums-liberal-record-on-gun-rights/

He voted for a bill in 1999 disguised as an attempt to increase penalties on drug traffickers with guns… but it also included a provision to require federal background checks at gun shows. And then he voted with gun-controlling Democrats Dianne Fienstein and Frank Lautenberg to mandate locks on handguns in 2005.

But worst of all, Rick Santorum has a storied history of bailing out anti-gun Republicans facing reelection.

Rick Santorum came to anti-gun Arlen Specter’s defense in 2004 when he was down in the polls against pro-gun Republican Pat Toomey. Specter won and continued to push for gun control during his years in the Senate.

He also supported and openly campaigned for anti-gun New Jersey governor, Christine Todd Whitman.

The evidence is clear… he has a long record of supporting anti-gun legislation and politicians.

This sounds just like the BS from National Association of Gun Rights.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:58:49 AM EDT
[#8]
He has been hitting the gun show circuit in Iowa pretty hard.  Ran into him two or three times.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:59:53 AM EDT
[#9]
And in other news..................... Ron Paul is still crazy.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with that one. AKA Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban and you have to be convicted.

You don't have to be convicted. The accusation will jam you up all by itself.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:00:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quit making up stories and putting words in people's mouths.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:03:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

So do most Republicans and most of arfcom.  

It's certainly not going to hurt him.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:03:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_Violence_Offender_Gun_Ban
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:05:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Because gun ownership and gun rights are not the reason you vote . You pick your candidate on what the Media tells you to do  because your such a free thinker . Why would you ever vote for Ron Paul ... just because he has an A+ rating by the GOA  or has championed gun rights his entire career ...that would be silly . Just because Ron Paul has never sold out American gun owners ..hell no . Your gonna elect an antigun president because why should you give a fuck about gun rights ,who cares if your candidate passes a new gun ban or appoints a supreme court justice that allows a national gun ban and outlaws the second amendment ,that stuff doesn't matter .

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:06:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As does 90% of America. This is just another hit piece from the RP crowd.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:09:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because gun ownership and gun rights are not the reason you vote . You pick your candidate on what the Media tells you to do  because your such a free thinker . Why would you ever vote for Ron Paul ... just because he has an A+ rating by the GOA  or has championed gun rights his entire career ...that would be silly . Just because Ron Paul has never sold out American gun owners ..hell no . Your gonna elect an antigun president because why should you give a fuck about gun rights ,who cares if your candidate passes a new gun ban or appoints a supreme court justice that allows a national gun ban and outlaws the second amendment ,that stuff doesn't matter .

Or maybe its cause his Foreign Policy ideas are moonbatish to the max, his monetary ideas would spiral us into a black hole, or that he would have less congressional support than Carter had and we would just rot till 4 years is up and we could send him over to the Smithsonian for display in the kooks and nuts exhibit. So, maybe its more about whats most right and not one issue?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:10:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Harry Reid is NRA a+. So what. RP is an extremist. Thats why libs flock to him. He makes President Obama look normal.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:13:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is funny that they would use Lautenberg Gun Ban as if it was a bad thing. I guess if you are a wife beater or child abuser it would offend you though.
ETA Does RP think felons should have guns?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:14:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Yawn. Another BS hit piece from a known Paulbot.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:15:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_Violence_Offender_Gun_Ban

I don't see what you are getting at...
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:15:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yawn. Another BS hit piece from a known Paulbot.

Wait what? Is he? I will have to add him to the list.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:15:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you pull that stat out of your butt?

It's a stupid law. You can be convicted of DV for getting in a fight with your POS grown ass son or yelling at your wife or a bunch of other horse shit reasons.

Not sure if it's the same law or not, but your estranged wife can go get a restraining order on you with just her word and BAM no guns for you for the duration. Sound like a logical law?

Lot of folks willing to give up my rights on this board, here lately.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
And in other news..................... Ron Paul is still crazy.

He is not crazy. You would understand if you, too, had seen the inside of the Mother-Wheel".

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The fuck you say.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you pull that stat out of your butt?

It's a stupid law. You can be convicted of DV for getting in a fight with your POS grown ass son or yelling at your wife or a bunch of other horse shit reasons.

Not sure if it's the same law or not, but your estranged wife can go get a restraining order on you with just her word and BAM no guns for you for the duration. Sound like a logical law?

Lot of folks willing to give up my rights on this board, here lately.

This is what I keep telling people. You do NOT have to be convicted. Get charged with DV? Guess what comes with it? Yeah, an EPO. RIGHTS GONE WITH ZERO DUE PROCESS.

ETA:And what is the first thing shit stain lawyers tell there female clients when a custody fight starts? Get an EPO. Judges hand them out like candy.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Santorum is a HUGE 2A fan as witnessed by this photo of him hunting.

There's absolutely no chance that this was a gratuitous, cynical campaign photo op –– oops!

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Wasn't Santorum picking up numbers in the polls the other day? Yeah guess it's his turn in the Paulist cross hairs.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:23:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'd be curious what state gives you a msidemeanor domestic violence conviction for simply grabbing a wrist or spanking a kid without any injury involved.
When I get some kid trying to hotline their parent for a spanking I tell them state law allows their parent to use physical force to enforce household discipline. Simply grabbing someone by the wrist here is nothing more than simple harassment...a violation.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:28:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be curious what state gives you a msidemeanor domestic violence conviction for simply grabbing a wrist or spanking a kid without any injury involved.
When I get some kid trying to hotline their parent for a spanking I tell them state law allows their parent to use physical force to enforce household discipline. Simply grabbing someone by the wrist here is nothing more than simple harassment...a violation.

DV laws vary by state...but you already know that. Here in KY, there is a charge of Assault 4th-Domestic Violence-No Visible Injury.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Santorum is a HUGE 2A fan as witnessed by this photo of him hunting.

http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2011/12/Santorum-2012.JPEG-0841c.jpg

There's absolutely no chance that this was a gratuitous, cynical campaign photo op –– oops!

http://media.mwcradio.com/mimesis/2011-12/28/2011-12-29T011344Z_1_BTRE7BS03FC00_RTROPTP_3_POLITICS-US-USA-CAMPAIGN-SANTORUM_JPG_475x310_q85.jpg

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:31:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Wasn't Santorum picking up numbers in the polls the other day? Yeah guess it's his turn in the Paulist cross hairs.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#32]
he wont be getting my vote but then again i dont see any golden child in the rep party. I hope to god obama doesnt get re elected, but i am also putting a few bucks aside this year for mag and ammo purchases i dont want to be stuck like i was in 09 i couldnt find anything at a good price
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:33:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quit making up stories and putting words in people's mouths.

"That is not a society that is devoted to the common good"

Go to 2:00

"The definition of liberty as our founders understood it, was freedom with responsibility. Resonsibility to who? Themselves? No. Responsibility to others. Responsibility to your family. It was not just your family, it was to your neighbors and your country."

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Waiting for the NRA and other opinions
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:33:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

DV laws vary by state...but you already know that. Here in KY, there is a charge of Assault 4th-Domestic Violence-No Visible Injury.

Yeah I know that laws vary by state...is it a misdemeanor?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Yes, why?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:40:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Waiting for the NRA and other opinions

Fuck the NRA and their opinions.  Think for yourself.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is how I understood it.   When you are accused the cops can take all your guns until you prove that you you didn't do it.   Then you get to start the red tape to get your guns back from them.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:43:25 AM EDT
[#39]

Can I get me a huntin license here?

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:43:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is how I understood it.   When you are accused the cops can take all your guns until you prove that you you didn't do it.   Then you get to start the red tape to get your guns back from them.

The LEOs can temporarily seize guns but they can't keep them from you without a judge ordering it, usually through an order of protection.

Lautenberg requirss a misdemeanor CONVICTION.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The LEOs can temporarily seize guns but they can't keep them from you without a judge ordering it, usually through an order of protection.

Lautenberg requirss a misdemeanor CONVICTION.

Yes, but isn't the EPO gun ban an element of Laughtenberg?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:50:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I don't know if it is off the top of my head because we've had Orders of Protection that removed guns long before Lautenberg came along.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This sounds just like the BS from National Association of Gun Rights.

Almost verbatim. Posted it last night

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:53:40 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://troll.me/images/pissed-off-obama/hey-you-you-mad-bro.jpg

Not all the cult however is predictable.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:55:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Santorum has plenty of weaknesses as a candidate, but in general he is pretty pro-gun.

Newt gets much more of the blame for the Lautenberg Amendment because as Speaker he had the power to kill the bill singlehandedly and he chose not to do it for political reasons.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know if it is off the top of my head because we've had Orders of Protection that removed guns long before Lautenberg came along.

I thought that before Laughtenberg a judge had to specifically order the firearms be seized, whereas now it's a blanket prohibition on all protective orders.

I get fired up over this because I got jammed up by my ex-wife abusing this shit. The stories I could you...it took years and many thousands of dollars to get back what was taken with no due process, and I am in law enforcement.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:58:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I thought that before Laughtenberg a judge had to specifically order the firearms be seized, whereas now it's a blanket prohibition on all protective orders.

No, its not a blanket requirement now. Its not uncommon, but I still see a lot of Orders get issued without the firearms section being included.

There are essentially two types of orders. The first is a non-harassing Order under which the two parties could even still live together as long as they don't violate the terms of the order.

The second is a complete stay-away order. Thats the one most people think of...stay away from home of, workplace of, children of the named party. Refrain from stalking, harassment of...etc, the named party. Those are the ones that have the section on firearms removal, and as I said, many are still issued with no mention of firearms. The person wouldn't be able to BUY a new gun and pass a background check as long as the Order is in place, but any they have aren't automatically removed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:00:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I have a German 5 mark coin minted in 1935 that has a phrase engraved around the edge. It says something to the effect of "public good comes before self interest". It also has a swastika on it.

Fuck Rick Santorum.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, its not a blanket requirement now. Its not uncommon, but I still see a lot of Orders get issued without the firearms section being included.

I have never seen one without the guns being seized. And people say NY judges are anti gun.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I have never seen one without the guns being seized. And people say NY judges are anti gun.

Thats funny. Some are, for sure...but a new local judge who took office on the first has a room of nothing but guns. Several others I can think of are gun owners.

The judges you're thinking of are the COUNTY judges who issue pistol permits and yeah, the ones we have here are not the greatest.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top