User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At normal doses, DXM is quite safe. Dextromethorphan affects the brain, specifically the region that controls coughing. However, at high doses – as much as 10 to 50 times the suggested amount – DXM can cause hallucinatory and dissociative effects similar to those of PCP or ketamine (special K.) Some people assume that teens who abuse cough medicine are after the alcohol content, but they’re really after DXM.

Something new.

Hardly.

"Robotripping" is very old.
Speed

Spent many a night at the high school dance lost on the robo! I graduated in 85!

Link Posted: 12/27/2011 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Off to buy pre ban Nyquil.

Me too!!

ETA: Every year starting around early December I make it a point to start looking on line to find out what (as of Jan 1 of the next year) will make me a criminal that is currently legal.

Wonder if having "pre ban" Nyquil in your home will be treated the same way as having other drugs sans prescription. Like  they expect everybody to throw out any they have as of Jan 1 or face prosecution if you are caught with it.

Link Posted: 12/27/2011 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if the prescriptions to get dextromethorphan will be as easy to get as the 'scripts for "medicinal" marijuana.

Or perhaps that's the point... making sure you can't get any medication unless you pay a doctor for it.  Even if you're using it to get high.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
At normal doses, DXM is quite safe. Dextromethorphan affects the brain, specifically the region that controls coughing. However, at high doses – as much as 10 to 50 times the suggested amount – DXM can cause hallucinatory and dissociative effects similar to those of PCP or ketamine (special K.) Some people assume that teens who abuse cough medicine are after the alcohol content, but they’re really after DXM.

Something new.

Hardly.

Speed

Spent many a night at the high school dance lost on the robo! I graduated in 85!

Jeebus, cough syrup? We just got someone to buy us booze.

Link Posted: 12/27/2011 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Something new.

Hardly.

Speed

Jeebus, cough syrup? We just got someone to buy us booze.

Last resort!!! No buyers and no weed = a bunch of kids in line with colds

To this day I can not stomach the stuff!

Link Posted: 12/27/2011 12:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]
We have the same thing in Mississippi. You have to have a scrip from your dr.

I buy my stuff in Tennessee.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Fucking assholes.  They already make it a PITA to get any kind of cold or allergy meds that actually work, and now this.

It's for da chitlins, we has to proooo tect dem!  

"translation, - I'm a law maker, I own you serfs, bow to me, and I will pretend to care and protect you!"  
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Ummmm,hat to be a buzzkill, but  you failed to red the next sentence in the article:

The law was prompted by a spike in the use of cough syrup as a recreational drug. A Food and Drug Administration advisory panel considered making the medications prescription-only, but rejected the idea in September.

So does that mean the feds rejected it but the state accepted it??

I'd like to see the actual law.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Our country is so screwed
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#10]

In my dreams, America never let these scumbags get a foothold and that hag Carrie Nation was gunned down in the first bar she tried to vandalize.

Four and twenty Yankees, feeling very dry,

Went across the border to get a drink of rye.

When the rye was opened, the Yanks began to sing,

"God bless America, but God save the King!"
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#11]

The shit is still over the counter (no prescription) ––––––––––––––- minors just can't buy it. (kinda like beer and cigarettes)...

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The shit is still over the counter (no prescription) ––––––––––––––- minors just can't buy it. (kinda like beer and cigarettes)...

From what I have been reading, that is correct.

MINORS will no longer be able to buy it OTC, anyone 21 and up can. Clerks will be required to "card" purchasers, just like with alcohol.

Dunno how this got blown out the way it has, but even the media was reporting it as an outright ban.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top