Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/20/2011 12:02:27 PM EDT
Title pretty much says it all.  Bouncy-back grenade throw , which sucks because.... well ,its a fucking grenade.

http://www.epicfail.com/type.php?fail=video

Kudo's to the instructor for grabbing Dipshit off of the pad.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Chincom Army? That pit is a smart design
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The Gorilla Video below is hilarious..
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think they raffed or rost when that happened.

CVN
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#4]
the stupid hurts......it almost feels like my mind is going numb.  i dont even know why he pulled him down.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn......that pit is well-planned.  I ed when the instructor pulled him in.  

That recurit must be very nervous.  Two potentially life threatning mistakes indicate that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Such antics are actually quite common on grenade ranges with recruits.  I've never seen a layout like that, though.  Interesting.  Anyone recognize the country?
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#7]
The instructor did a good job. Immediate recognition and immediate action.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy shit!  

My wife did that once in a paintball game.  We're attacking a castle, and we're on the outside wall.  My wife ran out of air, and said she could run in and suicide before she walked off the field if there was something she could do.  My buddy goes, "I dunno, I found this grenade on the ground."

She goes, "Cool!" and takes the grenade (which is a piece of surgical tubing pumped up with paint so it sprays everywhere when you subject it to enough impact).

The other team is firing at us from a window farther down the wall.  She crouches down and shimmies over to the window.  Wiggles back a few feet, then cocks her arm back, stands up and lets fly...

The grenade goes through the window, hits a blue plastic chemical drum inside the castle *thoomb!*, bounces back out of the window, lands right at her feet and sprays her from head to toe.  

It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen, and unbelievably improbable.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
the stupid hurts......it almost feels like my mind is going numb.  i dont even know why he pulled him down.

too much paperwork if he did not.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I'd need to change my shorts if that were me

Clearly it wasn't the instructors first rodeo-he did well saving both himself and the trainee.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

So how do you pull the short straw to teach the rookies how to toss HE?
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Such antics are actually quite common on grenade ranges with recruits.  I've never seen a layout like that, though.  Interesting.  Anyone recognize the country?

it's the exact same shape as a grenade range i've been on at Ft. Hood, the difference is that instead of a huge area to jump down there are just 6-8 inch gaps on the sides to kick the grenade down (and it's all made of concrete).  The small holes for grenades are supposed to be in "by the book" fighting positions (grenade sumps) though realistically they never are.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Holy shit!  

My wife did that once in a paintball game.  We're attacking a castle, and we're on the outside wall.  My wife ran out of air, and said she could run in and suicide before she walked off the field if there was something she could do.  My buddy goes, "I dunno, I found this grenade on the ground."

She goes, "Cool!" and takes the grenade (which is a piece of surgical tubing pumped up with paint so it sprays everywhere when you subject it to enough impact).

The other team is firing at us from a window farther down the wall.  She crouches down and shimmies over to the window.  Wiggles back a few feet, then cocks her arm back, stands up and lets fly...

The grenade goes through the window, hits a blue plastic chemical drum inside the castle *thoomb!*, bounces back out of the window, lands right at her feet and sprays her from head to toe.  

Had this happen with an artillery sim when it hit a branch after I threw it . No harm done but lesson learned.

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#16]
The construction worker fail made me pee myself.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'd bet that's not the first time that instructor has seen a "comeback".
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#18]
There was a kid in the Ft. Leonardwood basic class that did that.  Both he and the DI weren't so lucky.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's the exact same shape as a grenade range i've been on at Ft. Hood, the difference is that instead of a huge area to jump down there are just 6-8 inch gaps on the sides to kick the grenade down (and it's all made of concrete).  The small holes for grenades are supposed to be in "by the book" fighting positions (grenade sumps) though realistically they never are.

That is how my dad described the grenade range too.  

As a drill instructor, he said that was the shittiest, most nerve wracking duty he had in the Army.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seems like it would be a lot easier to dive into the pit than trying to play Pele with a live grenade.

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:44:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

So how do you pull the short straw to teach the rookies how to toss HE?

Christ, no joke!
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#22]
So I'm guessing he received a no go at that station

Good job by the instructor though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Chincom Army? That pit is a smart design

Yes it is...and it looks like it is very useful...and has been very useful MANY times.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like it would be a lot easier to dive into the pit than trying to play Pele with a live grenade.

The trick is to identify which side of the pit to dive into... especially if it hasn't completely stopped moving.  Would really suck to jump in and pull private dumbass with you - only to have his foot kick it along to join you.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#25]
wtf did it bounce off of lol. It looked like it hit an invisible wall lol
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The trick is to identify which side of the pit to dive into... especially if it hasn't completely stopped moving.  Would really suck to jump in and pull private dumbass with you - only to have his foot kick it along to join you.

Yeah, I always thought the idea was once the grenade was in the sump/pit you just got down and let it explode.

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

True.  It would also suck to try to kick the grenade, only to whiff it.

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm pretty sure the grenade ranges I've been on had a wall.  Grenada stays on your side of the wall?  Climb over it, duck.  Grenade stays on the far side?  Duck.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Never understood the live grenade practice. A dummy of similar weight and mechanism is faster, safer, and cheaper to train with.

Throwing a live grenade on a range isn't even that fun.

You don't get to watch it or anything. A grenade assault course with dummies is fun though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Then he just gets up and cleans the pit to get going again.  I think I'd take the rest of the day off.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 1:03:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Nice save by the instructor.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#32]
I watched an incident at a grenade range.  Sloped concrete floor pit with small central sump pipe.  Nervous student... instructor behind him - pulled pin, rocked back...... and failed to throw.  Commanded to throw 4 times - but no throw.  Instructor stepped up behind him to gently capture the grenade in his hand and he just flaked and dropped it at their feet.

Instructor calmly wrapped one arm around the guy from behind and fell backward over the short concrete barrier wall.  BOOM!

Takes calm and balls to be a grenade range instructor.  Instructor in the link knew his stuff.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Throws like Barack
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Holy shit!  

I have a perfect visual of that!
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#36]
We had a recruit "rim shot" one and it barely make it over the wall.  He got his ass throughly chewed lol.

We were told that if it lands in the pit go to attention and the instructor would take care of the rest.  If you resisted for even a split second your ass was gonna be standing in that pit alone

This was on Pendelton's grenade range a back in 2003 when I was in MCT.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 1:42:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Holy shit!  

So did her distraction work or was your side too busy laughing your asses off too?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Lucky he had a good instructor.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#39]
The idiot trying to John Wayne a grenade pin is my favorite.

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#40]
FUCK!  I just got the worst virus I have had in a long long time while viewing a video on that site!!!!!.  The computer I was using while viewing that is shut down and going off to the shop tomorrow for de-bugging.  Completely shut down every program on the computer with some BS virus warning, buy our security program etc.

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Never understood the live grenade practice. A dummy of similar weight and mechanism is faster, safer, and cheaper to train with.

You don't get to watch it or anything. A grenade assault course with dummies is fun though.

At fort McClellan they had a viewing window back up a way behind the throwing positions.

It had glass that had to have been 8-10" thick, (Memory little rusting as it was back in 83).

Anyway the glass had a few cracks in it where it was hit.

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#42]
n/m
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

The construction worker fail made me pee myself.

I rost, once the tarp came out.

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy shit!  

I have a perfect visual of that!

wiley coyote and his acme tnt

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

FUCK!  I just got the worst virus I have had in a long long time while viewing a video on that site!!!!!.  The computer I was using while viewing that is shut down and going off to the shop tomorrow for de-bugging.  Completely shut down every program on the computer with some BS virus warning, buy our security program etc.

The rest of us use Chrome, Safari or Firefox, with an ad blocker.

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Because down that road leads to a military staffed with people who have never done shit in real life.
Holding a dummy grenade is NOTHING like holding a live frag.  
It's easy to do bad training with dummy grenades as well, I.E. frag rooms that would in NO WAY contain the frag of a real grenade.

Then there's the "I got to throw a real grenade" feather in the cap.

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Fuck that...
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Good save saaaarrggeeaant Rulka!
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because down that road leads to a military staffed with people who have never done shit in real life.

Holding a dummy grenade is NOTHING like holding a live frag.  

It's easy to do bad training with dummy grenades as well, I.E. frag rooms that would in NO WAY contain the frag of a real grenade.

Then there's the "I got to throw a real grenade" feather in the cap.

Indeed.

Used to be (might still be) that you could miss nearly every training day in Army Basic Training for anything from KP to sick call, but there were a few "must haves" to graduate:  PT Test, End of cycle common task test, Rifle range qual, Throw 2 live grenades (there may have been one more I forgot).  In spite of all the dumbing down, and budget cuts, the importance of having real HD in your hands never went away.  Now, did we identify the morans who couldn't handle it and dropped it, and see them out the door?  Well, that's a bitch session for another time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 2:25:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Good save saaaarrggeeaant Rulka!

Do you mean Sgt. Hulka?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top