Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/18/2011 3:53:11 PM EDT
anybody see this episode? Lou and family as well as some people that work for hard core pawn, were at the target sports shooting range.at the end Lou of hard core pawn was going to buy 3000.00 bucks of guns and holsters.when he asked the guy running the gun store if he was going to give Lou a discount on the holster's, gun shop guy goes berserk and rips up the paper work ,takes his mike off ,disarms Lou, empting his gun and throws him and crew out! it was bizzare what caused that guy to act like that?if he gets that pissed off that easy for seemingly nothing, he shouldn't be running a gun store
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#1]
What caused it?  The producers of the show....
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 3:55:20 PM EDT
[#2]
He was trying to dicker on the price most likely for drama.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]
That episode aired quite a while back.

They showed the pawn crew looking at guns, shooting on the range, then the scene where the gun shop owners flips out. The producers edited out everything else so I have no idea what really happened. I doubt the gun shop owner just went wild, there had to be more to the story.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

anybody see this episode? Lou and family as well as some people that work for hard core pawn, were at the target sports shooting range.at the end Lou of hard core pawn was going to buy 3000.00 bucks of guns and holsters.when he asked the guy running the gun store if he was going to give Lou a discount on the holster's, gun shop guy goes berserk and rips up the paper work ,takes his mike off ,disarms Lou, empting his gun and throws him and crew out! it was bizzare what caused that guy to act like that?if he gets that pissed off that easy for seemingly nothing, he shouldn't be running a gun store

That was like two years ago dude.

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a SAR-1 from that place years ago.

I think they're Chaldean, which in my experience means that just about anything can set them off.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

yea i know editing is king. but that guy WAS pissed
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#7]
They kept the store open after hours for them, gave them discounts on the guns, and STILL felt entitled to discounts on holsters and accessories (Which is where most stores make their only money!).

I would have flipped the fuck out worse then that if some pencil necked, skeevy, gold chain wearing weirdo did that to me.

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That was like two years ago dude.

i just saw it
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#9]
My guess is, that was all producers doing that. The owner wouldn't talk with me about it.

I've shot there several times. Nice enough place, but the prices are high.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I think they're Chaldean, which in my experience means that just about anything can set them off.

I had to look that up.  Yeah, middle east Sudden Jihad Syndrome with an ethnic twist.

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They kept the store open after hours for them, gave them discounts on the guns, and STILL felt entitled to discounts on holsters and accessories (Which is where most stores make their only money!).

I would have flipped the fuck out worse then that if some pencil necked, skeevy, gold chain wearing weirdo did that to me.  

got it,they were already bending over backwards for em,LOU just pushed it a little further
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I had to look that up.  Yeah, middle east Sudden Ray Jihad Syndrome with an ethnic twist.

Fixed.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My guess is, that was all producers doing that. The owner wouldn't talk with me about it.

I've shot there several times. Nice enough place, but the prices are high.

that guy went fo
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I had to look that up.  Yeah, middle east Sudden Jihad Syndrome with an ethnic twist.

Ironically, their last name is Jihad. The owner's name is Ray Jihad.  He shot and killed a carjacker in Detroit a few years back (righteous shoot).  
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad I ain't the only one who didn't know that word....

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Apparently he had sand in his vagina.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ironically, their last name is Jihad. The owner's name is Ray Jihad.  He shot and killed a carjacker in Detroit a few years back (righteous shoot).  

Interesting.

Had to do a web search for it:

Watson, the Detroit police officer and CCW instructor, recalls a similar situation — one with a very different ending — that unfolded on the night of Sept. 27, 2007, across the street from Detroit Police headquarters. “I heard the shooting. I was there within probably a minute,” Watson says. He describes the scene he found in a public parking lot with one word: “Unbelievable.” A carjacker, backed by three cronies, had pulled a gun on a Troy man who was downtown for dinner. Bad move. It was Ray Jihad, Watson’s weekend boss at Target Sports.

“They thought he would be an easy target and he wasn’t,” Watson says. “He stopped them.” Indeed, it was over in a flash. Jihad killed the carjacker with multiple shots from his Glock 9mm pistol. (The other suspects were apprehended by police.) Speaking for the first time to a reporter about the incident, which was ruled self-defense, Jihad says he’s still saddened by “the loss of a life.” He refuses to say much more out of respect for the man’s family, but he does admit to feeling fortunate. “Ninety-nine percent of the time, the victim ends up getting killed,” he says, crediting “luck, muscle memory, and training” for his beating the odds.

http://www.hourdetroit.com/Hour-Detroit/April-2010/Secret-Weapons/
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

ya think he knew LOU,s  background? as he was ripping up the paper work he telling LOU,"i knew you were going to do this!!"
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

ya think he knew LOU,s  background? as he was ripping up the paper work he telling LOU,"i knew you were going to do this!!"

I always assume those shows are scripted.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

One Word:  Scripted.

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always assume those shows are scripted.

Consider this: the Hardcore Pawn crew had to drive probably 30 mins further to get to Target Sports' new location where they filmed the show. The old Target Sports facility is not far from the  site of the pawn shop.

So: my verdict is scripted.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

One Word:  Scripted.

that wasn't scripted.if it was, gun store guy is one hell of an actornot only that it put target sports bussiness in a bad light,thats NOT good for business
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I went to Target Sports to shoot several times when I lived in Detroit.  They are the typical stuck up gun store with the "We know everything about guns and you don't so you are an idiot".  Getting service there is nearly impossible, except at the range counter.  Two of the salemen will be behind the counter just chit chatting and ignoring the customers.  Other than renting some handguns to try out I don't think I ever bought anything from them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I used to live less than a block away from TS and I bought my first pistol there before Ray even owned the place.  I've bought a few more guns from them since then and shot there many, many times.  He's a nice enough guy but he is definitely "all business".  

Rumor has it he dispatched a carjacker down in the D a few years back.  The shop is only a few miles up Woodward from the DMZ (8 Mile) dividing the 'burbs from "The D" and much of their business is of the "thug" persuasion so I can understand why he's "all business".  They've also made the news several times over the years for people offing themselves with rented pistols in the shop.  With all the "regular" bullshit they have to deal with on a regular basis, they closed the shop early (at the expense of pissing off anyone who drove all the way there and losing those sales) to film this episode and put up with a lot of shit (and apparantly a lot of unsafe gun handling) from Lou and crew.  I'm sure Lou was trying his hardest to get a rise out of Ray to make the best TV possible and, unfortunately for him, he took the bait. To make it worse he was at the mercy of the editing crew who have the ability to chop the footage into almost anything they want while trying to keep their crappy show on the air for another season.  Everyone has their breaking point and he got to his.  Frankly, I don't blame him.  That pawn show is some of the fakest shit on TV and anyone who thinks it isn't heavily staged, scripted and edited should call me about the bridge I have for sale.  

I know I'm not the only local saying that they're glad he kicked those douche bags out of his shop.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 4:43:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One Word: Scripted.

that wasn't scripted.if it was, gun store guy is one hell of an actornot only that it put target sports bussiness in a bad light,thats NOT good for business

I bet the Target Sports owner is out celebrating how uppity and elitist they were in kicking out the scummy people from Hard Core Pawn.  The audience of Hard Core Pawn isn't the audience Target Sports goes for.  They are located in Royal Oak Michigan which is a rich uppity city.

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 5:02:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I know first hand the show is scriped.  My sister is on the episode ( if you have ondemand 502).  You walk in, sign a waver, say what you wanna pawn, they then direct you to the person whom you will try to pawn/sell it to.  Then you give Les or whomever it is what you wanna sell, they make a BS script for you and then they start from the beginning to film it.  
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet the Target Sports owner is out celebrating how uppity and elitist they were in kicking out the scummy people from Hard Core Pawn.  The audience of Hard Core Pawn isn't the audience Target Sports goes for.  They are located in Royal Oak Michigan which is a rich uppity city.

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I used to live less than a block away from TS and I bought my first pistol there before Ray even owned the place.  I've bought a few more guns from them since then and shot there many, many times.  He's a nice enough guy but he is definitely "all business".  

Rumor has it he dispatched a carjacker down in the D a few years back.  The shop is only a few miles up Woodward from the DMZ (8 Mile) dividing the 'burbs from "The D" and much of their business is of the "thug" persuasion so I can understand why he's "all business".  They've also made the news several times over the years for people offing themselves with rented pistols in the shop.  With all the "regular" bullshit they have to deal with on a regular basis, they closed the shop early (at the expense of pissing off anyone who drove all the way there and losing those sales) to film this episode and put up with a lot of shit (and apparantly a lot of unsafe gun handling) from Lou and crew.  I'm sure Lou was trying his hardest to get a rise out of Ray to make the best TV possible and, unfortunately for him, he took the bait. To make it worse he was at the mercy of the editing crew who have the ability to chop the footage into almost anything they want while trying to keep their crappy show on the air for another season.  Everyone has their breaking point and he got to his.  Frankly, I don't blame him.  That pawn show is some of the fakest shit on TV and anyone who thinks it isn't heavily staged, scripted and edited should call me about the bridge I have for sale.  

I know I'm not the only local saying that they're glad he kicked those douche bags out of his shop.

yep unsafe gun handling for sure,i just winced at the gun stances and handling
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#28]
for fucks sake, can you at least get the guys name right? its LES, not lou. fucking a.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
for fucks sake, can you at least get the guys name right? its LES, not lou. fucking a.

ok............louuuuuuuuuuuu
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

well, if you want to sound like a tard, i guess that is your choice. calling people the wrong names is one of my pet peeves.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Believing anything on that show is as bad as believing that pro wrestling is real.

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Says you! The late 90's was a great time and Royal Oak MI, the right place to be as a HS kid in the US.

ETA: I shot there twice a week when I was in college. It was a little friendlier atmosphere before the current owners took over, but they're nice folks too. I never had any problems there, but they were way high on price. Michigun was where I did my shopping back when. MUCH lower prices than target or Double Action. Heck Double Action charged me a $50 transfer fee once and that was the friends and family discount.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#33]
That place sucks. Worst gunshop in the tri-county area by far.

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well, if you want to sound like a tard, i guess that is your choice. calling people the wrong names is one of my pet peeves.

ok buckwadd
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet the Target Sports owner is out celebrating how uppity and elitist they were in kicking out the scummy people from Hard Core Pawn. The audience of Hard Core Pawn isn't the audience Target Sports goes for. They are located in Royal Oak Michigan which is a rich uppity city.

Says you! The late 90's was a great time and Royal Oak MI, the right place to be as a HS kid in the US.

ETA: I shot there twice a week when I was in college. It was a little friendlier atmosphere before the current owners took over, but they're nice folks too. I never had any problems there, but they were way high on price. Michigun was where I did my shopping back when. MUCH lower prices than target or Double Action. Heck Double Action charged me a $50 transfer fee once and that was the friends and family discount.

Should be re-named "Douche Action".

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ok buckwadd

gene you rock........

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

This. Reality TV Isnt. Its all guided and directed.

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet the Target Sports owner is out celebrating how uppity and elitist they were in kicking out the scummy people from Hard Core Pawn. The audience of Hard Core Pawn isn't the audience Target Sports goes for. They are located in Royal Oak Michigan which is a rich uppity city.

There was a younger guy who worked there back when and he was OK. The older guys who were there and especially the older guy who owned the place would charge you everything you had for anything they could. There must be enough guys around who didn't know better.

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Yep, they really jacked the guy around.

Clearly that guy was not a people person, but then again, you have to expect that with any mom n' pop type outfit.

The pawn guy put him on the spot with his "shrewd schtick" while having a camera in dude's face.

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ok buckwadd

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

It's so cold in the D!

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There was a younger guy who worked there back when and he was OK. The older guys who were there and especially the older guy who owned the place would charge you everything you had for anything they could. There must be enough guys around who didn't know better.

I actually haven't darkened their door for years, after a poor experience.

I go to a shop to possibly spend my money on ammo or gear, I don't need a side-order of ignorance, and I'm not interested in helping to re-inflate somebody's ego.

They're not the only game in town, not by long-shot.

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I actually haven't darkened their door for years, after a poor experience.

I go to a shop to possibly spend my money on ammo or gear, I don't need a side-order of ignorance, and I'm not interested in helping to re-inflate somebody's ego.

They're not the only game in town, not by long-shot.

indoor rifle range. I think they're one of the few in the area.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

[/quote]

I lived in that area for several years and wouldn't call Royal Oak a rich, uppity city. Maybe modestly upscale, but not rich by any means. I bought a couple of guns from Target Sports since they were the closest LGS to me. I never had any trouble getting service. There was always someone coming over to ask me if I needed anything. The first gun I bought may have been a few bucks cheaper elsewhere, but at the time I wanted and needed some advice and got it. So I bought the pistol (Sig 239) there instead of trying to find the cheapest price. The next one I bought was a Walther PPS at a fair price. It was sort of an impulse purchase.

I also got my MI CCW training there from Jim Watson. He's an interesting guy w/ lots of good practical advice. He also told the story about Ray Jihad's carjacking episode. IIRC, half the cops in the HQ heard the shots and ran to the windows, directing responding officers to the bad guys hiding behind a dumpster across the street. Definitely a case of "play stupid games ..."
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#44]
I saw that episode a few years ago. IMHO that was not scripted. It seemed like the owner was professional and was bending over backwards to accommodate them. In comparison the pawn crew were acting like a bunch of idiots.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm not sure where they were at. It wasn't the Target Sports on Woodward, I know. There must be another location downriver or something that I've not heard of. The one on Woodward has tried to gouge me every time I've walked in the door.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

They are located in Royal Oak Michigan which is a rich uppity city.

My wife, her father and her grandparents are from Royal Oak. I do not consider it rich or uppity but its definately liberal leaning middle class.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#47]
A pawn shop owner being cheap and trying to squeeze every cent out of a transaction?  No way!!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ok buckwadd

LOL
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 7:56:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

How much did the old man give him for it
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad I ain't the only one who didn't know that word....

Didn't you boys go to Sunday school?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top