Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bought a SAR-1 from that place years ago.

I think they're Chaldean, which in my experience means that just about anything can set them off.

I had to look that up.  Yeah, middle east Sudden Jihad Syndrome with an ethnic twist.

Glad I ain't the only one who didn't know that word....

Didn't you boys go to Sunday school?

Chaldean means Iraqi Christian. It's not exactly a mystery.

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think they're Chaldean, which in my experience means that just about anything can set them off.

I had to look that up. Yeah, middle east Sudden Jihad Syndrome with an ethnic twist.

...that's why I knew it.

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 8:13:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm not sure where they were at. It wasn't the Target Sports on Woodward, I know. There must be another location downriver or something that I've not heard of. The one on Woodward has tried to gouge me every time I've walked in the door.

That was their second location in Keego Harbor.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 8:16:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They kept the store open after hours for them, gave them discounts on the guns, and STILL felt entitled to discounts on holsters and accessories (Which is where most stores make their only money!).

I would have flipped the fuck out worse then that if some pencil necked, skeevy, gold chain wearing weirdo did that to me.  

based on the prices in that shop, that is not the only place they make money.  Everything is a rip off in that place
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
anybody see this episode? Lou and family as well as some people that work for hard core pawn, were at the target sports shooting range.at the end Lou of hard core pawn was going to buy 3000.00 bucks of guns and holsters.when he asked the guy running the gun store if he was going to give Lou a discount on the holster's, gun shop guy goes berserk and rips up the paper work ,takes his mike off ,disarms Lou, empting his gun and throws him and crew out! it was bizzare what caused that guy to act like that?if he gets that pissed off that easy for seemingly nothing, he shouldn't be running a gun store

One Word: Scripted.

that wasn't scripted.if it was, gun store guy is one hell of an actornot only that it put target sports bussiness in a bad light,thats NOT good for business

I bet the Target Sports owner is out celebrating how uppity and elitist they were in kicking out the scummy people from Hard Core Pawn. The audience of Hard Core Pawn isn't the audience Target Sports goes for. They are located in Royal Oak Michigan which is a rich uppity city.

Says you! The late 90's was a great time and Royal Oak MI, the right place to be as a HS kid in the US.

ETA: I shot there twice a week when I was in college. It was a little friendlier atmosphere before the current owners took over, but they're nice folks too. I never had any problems there, but they were way high on price. Michigun was where I did my shopping back when. MUCH lower prices than target or Double Action. Heck Double Action charged me a $50 transfer fee once and that was the friends and family discount.

Should be re-named "Douche Action".

yeah that place sucks.  Stuck up assholes.  I go there to shoot, but only because it is less than 2 miles from my house, so it is convenient.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
anybody see this episode? Lou and family as well as some people that work for hard core pawn, were at the target sports shooting range.at the end Lou of hard core pawn was going to buy 3000.00 bucks of guns and holsters.when he asked the guy running the gun store if he was going to give Lou a discount on the holster's, gun shop guy goes berserk and rips up the paper work ,takes his mike off ,disarms Lou, empting his gun and throws him and crew out! it was bizzare what caused that guy to act like that?if he gets that pissed off that easy for seemingly nothing, he shouldn't be running a gun store

that wasn't scripted.if it was, gun store guy is one hell of an actornot only that it put target sports bussiness in a bad light,thats NOT good for business

I bet the Target Sports owner is out celebrating how uppity and elitist they were in kicking out the scummy people from Hard Core Pawn. The audience of Hard Core Pawn isn't the audience Target Sports goes for. They are located in Royal Oak Michigan which is a rich uppity city.

Says you! The late 90's was a great time and Royal Oak MI, the right place to be as a HS kid in the US.

ETA: I shot there twice a week when I was in college. It was a little friendlier atmosphere before the current owners took over, but they're nice folks too. I never had any problems there, but they were way high on price. Michigun was where I did my shopping back when. MUCH lower prices than target or Double Action. Heck Double Action charged me a $50 transfer fee once and that was the friends and family discount.

Should be re-named "Douche Action".

There was a younger guy who worked there back when and he was OK. The older guys who were there and especially the older guy who owned the place would charge you everything you had for anything they could. There must be enough guys around who didn't know better.

I actually haven't darkened their door for years, after a poor experience.

I go to a shop to possibly spend my money on ammo or gear, I don't need a side-order of ignorance, and I'm not interested in helping to re-inflate somebody's ego.

They're not the only game in town, not by long-shot.

indoor rifle range. I think they're one of the few in the area.

The won't even let you shoot AK there  Atleast they wouldnt about 4 years ago.  Haven't even asked since
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had to look that up.  Yeah, middle east Sudden Jihad Syndrome with an ethnic twist.

I'm pretty sure Chaldean is a word only really used in MI.  When I lived in NY for a year, I used that word, and no one knew what I meant.  My brother lives in AZ now and he says they haven't heard that word there either
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I would have kicked those grease balls out too
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They kept the store open after hours for them, gave them discounts on the guns, and STILL felt entitled to discounts on holsters and accessories (Which is where most stores make their only money!).

I would have flipped the fuck out worse then that if some pencil necked, skeevy, gold chain wearing weirdo did that to me.  

or he could have said NO.... and made the sale....  

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 8:48:21 PM EDT
[#12]
That didn't look like acting. I could never figure out why he didn't just say, "No deal on the holsters, I already gave up too much on the guns." in a polite way and left it at that.

At first I thought maybe old Lou was threatening to not buy the guns if he didn't get a deal on the holsters (gunshop guy has massive time invested at that point, paperwork all filled out).. that could piss a guy off.

But, who knows.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

for fucks sake, can you at least get the guys name right? its LES, not lou. fucking a.

ok............louuuuuuuuuuuu

well, if you want to sound like a tard, i guess that is your choice. calling people the wrong names is one of my pet peeves.

ok buckwadd

lol

that was pretty good

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Lots of times business owners who participate in reality TV shoots are not compensated for their time. They usually don't realize how long and frustrating a shoot can be, and they agree to it because "their shop will be on tv!"

Producers are under a lot of stress to get the coverage they need and to do it within the allotted time without running into OT, losing light, etc. So they can ratchet up the tension on set, ask questions a certain way, etc. If the shop owner blows up, it's almost CERTAINLY not scripted that way, because they'd never agree to make themselves look bad on tv (for free, mind you). If they lose their shit, its because they've reached the BS limit with the shoot and crew. I've seen it happen a few times.

Link Posted: 12/19/2011 5:01:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure where they were at. It wasn't the Target Sports on Woodward, I know. There must be another location downriver or something that I've not heard of. The one on Woodward has tried to gouge me every time I've walked in the door.

That was their second location in Keego Harbor.
Good to know. Though I guess if I was driving all the way to Keego from Hamtramck, I may as well go to Fenton and deal with the assholes at Guns Galore, and at least get a decent deal.

Link Posted: 12/19/2011 5:25:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My guess is, that was all producers doing that. The owner wouldn't talk with me about it.

I've shot there several times. Nice enough place, but the prices are high.

Yes and yes.  I went in there after getting my first AR-15 several years back to go shoot it before I had a membership at a decent outdoor range.  The guy was like "Man, that's a nice rifle.  You should have bought it from us!" as he pointed over to a Bushmaster on the wall with a $1699 price tag on it.

Nice range though and they were quite friendly.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 5:31:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since when does a Michigan Chaldean own something other than a liquor store?
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 5:52:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
for fucks sake, can you at least get the guys name right? its LES, not lou. fucking a.

well, if you want to sound like a tard, i guess that is your choice. calling people the wrong names is one of my pet peeves.

That was driving me up the wall, too.

Les Gold.  Son, Seth Gold.  I bet they don't go to church, I bet they go to Tabernacle.  So, they go into a business, any business, run by a man by the last name, "Jihad", and you are surprised when the red carpet isn't rolled out for them?  Hint, the bad attitude wasn't about pricing, haggling, or anything to do with the store's profit margin on that given business day.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 6:01:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was driving me up the wall, too.

Les Gold.  Son, Seth Gold.  I bet they don't go to church, I bet they go to Tabernacle.  So, they go into a business, any business, run by a man by the last name, "Jihad", and you are surprised when the red carpet isn't rolled out for them?  Hint, the bad attitude wasn't about pricing, haggling, or anything to do with the store's profit margin on that given business day.
ETA: Never mind.

Link Posted: 12/19/2011 6:02:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It was probably written in the script for him to lose it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 6:04:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

That was like two years ago dude.

i just saw it

THAT'S NO EXCUSE!!!  If you can't be bothered to keep up to date with reality TV, well then, ARFcom GD probably isn't the place for you!

Link Posted: 12/19/2011 6:04:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ironically, their last name is Jihad. The owner's name is Ray Jihad.  He shot and killed a carjacker in Detroit a few years back (righteous shoot).  

Interesting.

Had to do a web search for it:

Watson, the Detroit police officer and CCW instructor, recalls a similar situation — one with a very different ending — that unfolded on the night of Sept. 27, 2007, across the street from Detroit Police headquarters. “I heard the shooting. I was there within probably a minute,” Watson says. He describes the scene he found in a public parking lot with one word: “Unbelievable.” A carjacker, backed by three cronies, had pulled a gun on a Troy man who was downtown for dinner. Bad move. It was Ray Jihad, Watson’s weekend boss at Target Sports.

“They thought he would be an easy target and he wasn’t,” Watson says. “He stopped them.” Indeed, it was over in a flash. Jihad killed the carjacker with multiple shots from his Glock 9mm pistol. (The other suspects were apprehended by police.) Speaking for the first time to a reporter about the incident, which was ruled self-defense, Jihad says he’s still saddened by “the loss of a life.” He refuses to say much more out of respect for the man’s family, but he does admit to feeling fortunate. “Ninety-nine percent of the time, the victim ends up getting killed,” he says, crediting “luck, muscle memory, and training” for his beating the odds.

http://www.hourdetroit.com/Hour-Detroit/April-2010/Secret-Weapons/

Nice.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 6:07:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure he's sorry, Gene.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 6:13:55 AM EDT
[#24]
This was talked about here on ARFCOM a while back, so I checked out the show On Demand, and regardless of what a sleezeball that Pawn Shop owner is, the owner of the fun store threw a temper tantrum, and handled the situation wrong, made him look like a fucking asshole, and based on that, I'd likely not support that shop if it were local, he certainly could have handled himself more professionally.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 6:20:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet the Target Sports owner is out celebrating how uppity and elitist they were in kicking out the scummy people from Hard Core Pawn.  The audience of Hard Core Pawn isn't the audience Target Sports goes for.  They are located in Royal Oak Michigan which is a rich uppity city.

You lived on the wrong side of Detroit.

Move down towards Monroe.  Gun country!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 6:33:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure Chaldean is a word only really used in MI.  When I lived in NY for a year, I used that word, and no one knew what I meant.  My brother lives in AZ now and he says they haven't heard that word there either

Chaldeans are Assyrian Catholics who mostly live in Iraq, with some in surrounding countries.

I'm pretty surprised that a Chaldean would be named "Jihad."
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 6:43:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What caused it?  The producers of the show....

yea i know editing is king. but that guy WAS pissed

It was scripted, not just editing.

Link Posted: 12/19/2011 6:56:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Hardcore Pawn, like all the "reality" shows on TruTV, is completely and utterly fake (more so than other reality shows) but it's still fun to watch to catch a glimpse of the exotic peoples of Detroit.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 6:58:15 AM EDT
[#29]
manufactured drama
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 7:05:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You do realize that particular show was one of the first shown, about 2-3 years ago!

and yet the show has only been on since the end of August 2010...
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 8:09:14 AM EDT
[#31]
There was a thread on this right when it came out on TV and there was an arfcommer who knew the inside story who explained it all.  

Cliff notes are that the hardcore pawn guys wanted to have the shop closed early plus have the shop guys stay late so they could film. The understanding was that the Hardcore Pawn people wouldn't have to pay for any of this but that they were all planning on buying guns after.  The whole time they were there they were being unsafe.  At the end, the only gun they wanted to buy was the one that Les had(even though on tv they made it look like they all were still going to buy guns).  So the shop was promised a large sale for all this and ended up only getting a small sale.  Even after all that Les was still getting a discount on the gun itself.  The shop was already getting screwed and then Les tried to get a better deal on the holster and wouldn't get it go.  Shop operators had had enough and kicked them out.  

If you think about it, there was a handshake-type agreement and the pawn guys screwed them.  The shop took the screwing but then Les added insult to injury by demanding further discounts on the holster.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 8:46:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
There was a thread on this right when it came out on TV and there was an arfcommer who knew the inside story who explained it all.  

Cliff notes are that the hardcore pawn guys wanted to have the shop closed early plus have the shop guys stay late so they could film. The understanding was that the Hardcore Pawn people wouldn't have to pay for any of this but that they were all planning on buying guns after.  The whole time they were there they were being unsafe.  At the end, the only gun they wanted to buy was the one that Les had(even though on tv they made it look like they all were still going to buy guns).  So the shop was promised a large sale for all this and ended up only getting a small sale.  Even after all that Les was still getting a discount on the gun itself.  The shop was already getting screwed and then Les tried to get a better deal on the holster and wouldn't get it go.  Shop operators had had enough and kicked them out.  

If you think about it, there was a handshake-type agreement and the pawn guys screwed them.  The shop took the screwing but then Les added insult to injury by demanding further discounts on the holster.

Why does that old, tired, joke about the origins of copper wire come to mind???

Link Posted: 12/19/2011 9:41:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I bought my first ever gun off of Ray, he has never been the type to fly off the handle that I have seen. Judging by the video he was at the end of his Herp-Derp limit and that Lou creep trying to beat him up over the holsters was what did it.

You have to remember that they are a guest in his shop, making the video alone is an inconvenience. Getting beat up like he's some kind of punk after dealing with trash like that is going to push some buttons.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ok buckwadd

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

It's so cold in the D!

LoL
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#35]

Funny how a show about a bunch of guys ripping other people doesn't want to get ripped off on a set of holsters.  haha

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top