Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I got an 07 explorer that's real easy.

Cars- PT cruiser wins by far
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Jeep Liberty, Grand Cherokee, Ford Explorer, and other mid sized SUV/Crossovers.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm 6'5" and my Honda Pilot is comfortable and easy to get in and out of

I'm 6'4" and drive the same vehicle.  I agree with this assessment
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm 6'5" and my Honda Pilot is comfortable and easy to get in and out of

I'm 6'4" and drive the same vehicle.  I agree with this assessment

MY brother in law lent me his for a week.
it's not everest, but I do have to climb in.
comfy as hell inside though.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Make sure it has short doors.

Parking spaces are only going to get smaller, and sometimes I have trouble getting out of my 2-door Cobalt
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a cadillac deville when my back was REALLY BAD. It helped alot. I could drive any of the trucks the accord or the cobra
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Toyota Matrix or Pontiac Vibe.....
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#8]
The Honda CRV is actually pretty easy, too.

Link Posted: 12/15/2011 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Cars:  Ford 500.   Cadillac Deville.   Most Buicks.  

Some of the large car based SUV's are also really easy.  ie. GMC Acadia

Trucks are easy for me, but hard for short people
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Element is high on my list.

I'm arfkom average 6"0 235.

I'm just tired of 'plopping' I to standard 4 door sedans .
Feels like I get punched in the kidney every time I get in the car.

Also don't want to climb into a car, eg Titan, navigator etc

Started bothering me since my hernia surgery...  I want ease of ingress and egress :-)

I also vote for the Element. I have a 2008 SC (I wanted the snazzier interior). It's been great, has plenty of room for my range trips and camping/hiking. I've taken it on 8 separate 3000 mile road trips and it has held up great. I average around 22mpg with my 18" wheels with 225 series tires, which isn't too bad for a giant non-aerodynamic brick. Everyone that gets inside is surprised by how much room it actually has. The rear seats fold up or come out completely. I've fit a clothes dryer and washer in mine (of course on separate trips). They are available in AWD. If it matters to you though, they are discontinued. They did sell plenty of them and they share brakes and suspension with the CRV and the K24 engines is also used in the CRV and Accord.

Link Posted: 12/15/2011 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I love full size vehicles for this reason. When I drive my step dad's '04 Sierra, I love it, so easy to get in and out of.

What I love about a car/truck is usually what makes me not like them after a while. I love the cockpit feel of a vehicle but at the same time I like room. So many vehicles with cockpit like interiors are usually too tight while others that are easy to get in/out of are so spacious that I feel like I'm in a cave. The Sierra is great because it has a center console that is big enough to give me that feeling but it's so easy to get in and out of, it's just a great vehicle.

FWIW, I drive a '97 Explorer Sport 4x4 and it has that cockpit feel but is not the easiest to get in and out of... I would suggest most any full size truck or the Tacoma.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Toyota Matrix or Pontiac Vibe.....

I know a guy that's 6'5" 400+ that drives a Matrix......well he sort of wears it
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 9:22:55 PM EDT
[#13]
My F-250 is annoying to get into. Once I'm there, though, it's the most comfortable truck to be in. Just feels right.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#14]
My buddy has a Honda Element. It's ridiculously easy to get in and out of. Also, a BMW 740 or 540 if your looking used. huge sedans that are fun to drive. I'm 6'3 265 BTW.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top