Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/17/2011 12:09:34 PM EDT
I am fascinated with the prospects of pistol whipping a bad man.  Say my gun jams or I run out of bulllets.  How do I go about it?  Does it depend on the type of firearm?  Say it is a revolver.  I can hold the grips and pound them over the noggin with the barrel? Or whip it against the side of their head?  Would it work just as swell with a semi?  

I was offered the opportunity to rifle-whip a whitetail doe once after I made a bad shot and my 94 jammed.  I held the barrel and beaned her with it as hard as I could swing.  Unfortunately, she was attempting to run away and I was having to run along beside her through the briars, whaling away.  I won't give the gory details, but the "prongs" that attach the rifle to the stock were bent.  She succumbed to my endeavors eventually. Bad idea I soon found out, my gun wouldn't eject properly until everything was straightened.  If you pistol whip someone, would it damage your pistol?  I could see the plastic sights getting knocked off of the cheap glocks or having one explode in your hand, much like the nasty surprise you get from pounding a nail through a shotgun primer and having the shell rebound from your forehead, hearing the ringing in your ears, the smell of burned gunpowder and the syrupy red stickiness of your own blood dripping from your fingers.

Any thoughts on this?
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Shenanigans
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck it, I'm in.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Well you don't wanna use a plastic gun because a LEO did that and the slide came off of the frame.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Clear weapon. Two handed grip on the bbl/slide. Fuckem up with the handle.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Watch Goodfella's
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Shenanigans

How do I do that?
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, what the hell.  Off to get some popcorn, back in a couple.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Clear weapon. Two handed grip on the bbl/slide. Fuckem up with the handle.

Its the only way
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Pistol whipping with a 1911 is considered Cruel and Unusual Punishment.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Clear weapon. Two One handed grip on the bbl/slide. Fuckem up with the handle.

This is the correct way.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Isn't there a company that makes glock mags with a SPIKE on the base plate?

If you have to beat someone to death with the butt of your pistol, you should have brought your maglight...
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shenanigans

How do I do that?

I believe it was Doc Holiday that called it 'buffalo'ing someone. It was very embarassing to have been buffaloed.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Not something that can be taught, you gotta find your own way.

Practice on yourself, several times, report back when done
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Especially with a rail gun.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#15]
This is NOT the way to pistol whip someone.

"Police say the boy was wounded in the left arm by the gun he was using to pistol-whip another 16-year-old."
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:15:15 PM EDT
[#16]
What's the proper way to pistol whip?  Why, by putting a dollop on top of some pie of course.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:15:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shenanigans

How do I do that?

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/1008/shenanigans-pistol-whip-shenanigans-pwned-demotivational-poster-1283130533.jpg

I believe it was Doc Holiday that called it 'buffalo'ing someone. It was very embarassing to have been buffaloed.

Pistol whipped on a buffaaalooooooooooooo
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shenanigans

How do I do that?

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/1008/shenanigans-pistol-whip-shenanigans-pwned-demotivational-poster-1283130533.jpg

I'm wondering how long that plastic handle is going to last.  I can just see plastic chips and shards flying all over.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:15:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Keep your hand on the grip, strike with the barrel.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#20]
From what I've read from stories from the old west, with the side of the barrel/slide along the side of the head to daze someone, with the bottom of the grips to inflict something more serious.  I have no way to verify that.  I've never pistol whipped anyone.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Right tool for the right job.  Pistols make excellent firearms.  For proper blunt object trauma, use a proper blunt object.  I like axe handles or bats.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I thought that was a muzzle strike?
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Right tool for the right job.  Pistols make excellent firearms.  For proper blunt object trauma, use a proper blunt object.  I like axe handles or bats.

Anyone make kydex sheaths for a bat?
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

while using a glock is it foreplay?
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:20:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone make kydex sheaths for a bat?

There's a do it yourself kydex post tacked somewhere...

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#26]
You will need a 1911 with an old style lanyard loop. Notice how it protrudes from the bottom of the mainspring housing, which is perfect for your needs. Simply hold the gun normally and strike downward with all your might, and laugh with glee as your target squeals like a piggie. But that's not all. Now lock the sliide back, and shove the barrel through their eye. Bam.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

while using a glock is it foreplay?

Only if handcuffs are invloved.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I believe this is a frowned upon practice.

I may/ or may not have insight that all tactical light accessories should be removed before using it as an impact weapon. And even if on duty, they will not honor the warranty if your pistol was used in this fashion.......................................................Lesson learned, new M3 purchased

-PC-
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought that was a muzzle strike?

I think that the "whip" in pistol whip was to describe literally whipping someone with the barrel of your six-shooter.

A big heavy revolver barrel to the temple would be very persuasive.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:21:53 PM EDT
[#30]
You hold the gun sideways in your palm and hit them with the flat of the slide/cylinder.  Think of it like brass knuckles for your palm.

Then you give the gun to your girlfriend, get her pregnant, and then snort some cocaine.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#31]
There is no good way. Leave the Hollywood tactics on the silver screen.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Wait...you bent a model 94 beating a deer to death?

LOL!

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#33]
take the butt of your gun and smash their nose in. Everybody jumps. He falls down screaming, blood squirts out of his nose, nobody says fucking shit after that. You might get some bitch talk shit to you, but give her a look like you're gonna smash her in the face next, watch her shut the fuck up.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I am fascinated with the prospects of pistol whipping a bad man.  Say my gun jams or I run out of bulllets.  How do I go about it?  Does it depend on the type of firearm?  Say it is a revolver.  I can hold the grips and pound them over the noggin with the barrel? Or whip it against the side of their head?  Would it work just as swell with a semi?  

I was offered the opportunity to rifle-whip a whitetail doe once after I made a bad shot and my 94 jammed.  I held the barrel and beaned her with it as hard as I could swing.  Unfortunately, she was attempting to run away and I was having to run along beside her through the briars, whaling away.  I won't give the gory details, but the "prongs" that attach the rifle to the stock were bent.  She succumbed to my endeavors eventually. Bad idea I soon found out, my gun wouldn't eject properly until everything was straightened.  If you pistol whip someone, would it damage your pistol?  I could see the plastic sights getting knocked off of the cheap glocks or having one explode in your hand, much like the nasty surprise you get from pounding a nail through a shotgun primer and having the shell rebound from your forehead, hearing the ringing in your ears, the smell of burned gunpowder and the syrupy red stickiness of your own blood dripping from your fingers.

Any thoughts on this?

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Pistol whipping is from a time when pistols fired a single shot and usually has a steel or brass cap on the bottom of the grip for just such a function.  Pistol whipping with a modern firearm is a lot like tossing a loaded gun, don't do it unless you or someone else is about to die and you can't make the shot/have no ammo.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Watch Goodfella's

Goodfellas
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Any thoughts on this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:29:50 PM EDT
[#40]
With a Buntline!
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Pistol whipping is from a time when pistols fired a single shot and usually has a steel or brass cap on the bottom of the grip for just such a function.  Pistol whipping with a modern firearm is a lot like tossing a loaded gun, don't do it unless you or someone else is about to die and you can't make the shot/have no ammo.

With your username, I would think you would do it for fun.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:30:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Pstol Whipping Rules:
1) First rule, empty the gun!
2) If your victim is still alive, then you can beat him with the butt of the gun, but don't try it with rounds still in the chamber.
3) If that doesn't work, use your pistol bayonet.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any thoughts on this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

ahaha!  c'mon man, you know that the Benny Hill theme would have been perfectly apropos for that scene.  All sped up in fast motion...  

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#44]
just find yourself some 99%ers and experiment with a few different methods and find which method works best for you. just like buying a pair of shoes, gotta try a few different ones and find what works best for you
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#47]
it's an important topic
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

With your username, I would think you would do it for fun.

Only on Tuesdays.  Everything in moderation.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#49]
safety off, finger on the trigger, hit 'em with the barrel end.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top