Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/16/2011 10:18:16 PM EDT
Any ideas?  I heard that the 5.11 Covert Khaki 1.0 was good but I have never seen any.  I also heard that the 2.0 didn't fit as well.  Also would prefer pleated front to provide more freedom of movement like these:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhrYrCRF6Eg&feature=related

Link Posted: 11/16/2011 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
A few of us in our office wear Wrangler Cargo pants.  They have Velcro pockets which are more convenient than the button type.  They're also inexpensive and available at Wal-Mart.

They do not have pleated fronts however.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 10:25:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have their cargo pants, but I like Old Navy khakis. I'm a big guy and they fit me pretty well. They are very good pants imo and don't break the bank at only about $20-$25 each.

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=6334960024430&cid=26065&locale=en_US
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Huge fan of VERTX pants!

http://www.wearvertx.com/

Link Posted: 11/16/2011 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I got the under armour ones that i think look pretty good
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a couple pairs of dockers that look nice.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#7]
My LAPG BDU's look great, IMO.

Link Posted: 11/16/2011 11:18:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Huge fan of VERTX pants!

Link Posted: 11/16/2011 11:29:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huge fan of VERTX pants!

Holy fucking expensive.  65 bucks a pair?

Link Posted: 11/16/2011 11:37:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I am not sure here but I don't think any kind of cargo pocket would be considered suitable business attire in any environment that tells you you must wear suitable business attire.  The Covert Khaki's looked nice but the Covert Casuals could not be considered suitable business attire in most such environments.  
In my job in the Army I was required to wear suitable business attire and I purchased a couple pair of dockers with the proper seam but they were frayed around the pockets in less than three months.  I then purchased a 2 pair of Dickies, 1 without pleats and 1 with pleats.  They were a cotton-poly blend.  Both wore like iron and actually I wore the pleated ones twice a week or more for a period of two years and they still looked good while getting softer and softer till they were more comfortable than the most comfortable dockers I had.  I still wore them a number of years after till they no longer fit.  In total I'd estimate they lasted for the equivalent of at least 250 days wear on the pleated pants.  Make sure you remove the little red tag on the pocket using a seam ripper or sharp pointed knife.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 11:47:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huge fan of VERTX pants!

Holy fucking expensive.  65 bucks a pair?

Thats "retail" directly from them.  If you search around online you can normally find them for around $45-$55 a pair, sometimes on sale.  Just to advise with VERTX sizing, be sure to order one size up in the waist from your normal jean size.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:19:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Truspec Khaki

ETA: $35
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:31:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:38:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Now that is funny - Chuck Norris action jeans.

Just go get some pants that fit OP. If you like to carry stuff inside waistband get them bigger. Not rocket science.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am not sure here but I don't think any kind of cargo pocket would be considered suitable business attire in any environment that tells you you must wear suitable business attire.  The Covert Khaki's looked nice but the Covert Casuals could not be considered suitable business attire in most such environments.  
In my job in the Army I was required to wear suitable business attire and I purchased a couple pair of dockers with the proper seam but they were frayed around the pockets in less than three months.  I then purchased a 2 pair of Dickies, 1 without pleats and 1 with pleats.  They were a cotton-poly blend.  Both wore like iron and actually I wore the pleated ones twice a week or more for a period of two years and they still looked good while getting softer and softer till they were more comfortable than the most comfortable dockers I had.  I still wore them a number of years after till they no longer fit.  In total I'd estimate they lasted for the equivalent of at least 250 days wear on the pleated pants.  Make sure you remove the little red tag on the pocket using a seam ripper or sharp pointed knife.

That's good info.  Thanks!  Will check those out.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I just got some Woolrich elite lightweight pants. Pretty damn comfortable. Lots of good pockets too.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Huge fan of VERTX pants!

I just got a few pair and they're awesome.  They're not as "tactical" as 5.11s, are more comfortable, and don't scare the sheeple.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Dockers Mobile Pant [singular]

GREAT if you can find them.  May have been discontinued.  Thicker, more durable cloth than most dockers, leg pockets well concealed, but with a large enough zipper to access.  Better than my 5.11 khakis.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Huge fan of VERTX pants!

Yup, Vertx pants are awesome!
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Huge fan of VERTX pants!

I agree.  I have several pair, wear them in IT Corporate setting every day.  The cargo pockets are so discrete, I usually get a from people when I pull my cell phone out of my thigh....  

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#22]

I really want to try a pair of these.  They look sharp.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#23]
You want tactical khakis that don't look tactical? Just buy khakis.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A few of us in our office wear Wrangler Cargo pants.  They have Velcro pockets which are more convenient than the button type.  They're also inexpensive and available at Wal-Mart.

They are super comfy too.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Every couple years I go to Old Navy and stock up on Khaki pants for work.  They're inexpensive and and very tough.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#26]
I really like Mountain Khakis, but they're not pleated. They look great and hold up well.

www.mountainkhakis.com/
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I really like Mountain Khakis, but they're not pleated. They look great and hold up well.

www.mountainkhakis.com/

I like MK too as I have several pairs. I wish they weren't so expensive though.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:26:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Huge fan of VERTX pants!

+1, Vertx pants rock!  Wearing a pair at the office right now.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Keys
Knife
Second knife?
Wallet
Phone
Light
Mags/mag pouch/speedloader
BUG?
One spare pocket for whatever random thing that needs a place today.

Normal khakis don't have room for the stuff a normal person needs, and we don't like the Batman utility-belt look.  If you're an unprepared hippie who carries nothing but keys and a wallet, enjoy your khakis.

The rest of us will look for roomy, comfortable pants that are durable and have enough pockets for the things we carry daily.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:38:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Google: 5.11 covert tactical pants
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#31]
I wear the 5.11 Tactical Covert Khakis, I think I have version 1.0, and I also have the Covert Dress Shirt in blue plaid. They are pretty good quality, and have been wearing well for about 2 1/2 years. Coincidentally I also have the 5.11 Dress Belt. If you purchase them from LA Police Gear, they also throw in freebies some times.

5.11 Covert Khakis 2.0 from LA Policegear

I also have Blackhawk Tactical-Non-Tactical (TNT) Pants, they are of decent quality as well, and carry a 3 month warranty from Blackhawk. They also have shirts available which would be alright in an IT environment.

Blackhawk Tactical-Non-Tactical Pants from LA Policegear

For durability I prefer TAD Gear, which is higher priced, but fits me like it was custom tailored. They are currently out of stock of their Covert Pants, but have the similarly designed Spartan Pants in stock in most sizes. You could always call and see if they are expecting any of the Coverts in.

TAD Gear Spartan Pants

There are a few others, but they go up more in price from here. Granted there are also cheaper pants, but these are pretty good quality, and features for the money. YMMV IMHO
Happy Shopping OP

-PC-
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

+1.  I love these cargo pants.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Kuhl pants.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Dickie's Brand
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm a big fan of Vertx. The cargo pockets aren't external like normal cargo pants.

Although, for a business environment, a well tailored suit would be my suggestion. No tie if you want to keep it casual.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#36]
I've got a few pairs of the wrinkle free cabela's khakis. If you catch them on sale they're about $20 or so and look very nice. They're comfy, durable and for the most part ARE wrinkle free. At least I have never had to iron them other than a light touch to refresh the creases so they looked better. I have become a real fan of Cabela's clothes and have a number of their pants and shirts for daily wear. Comfy, durable, look good and easy to care for.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keys
Knife
Second knife?
Wallet
Phone
Light
Mags/mag pouch/speedloader
BUG?
One spare pocket for whatever random thing that needs a place today.

Normal khakis don't have room for the stuff a normal person needs, and we don't like the Batman utility-belt look.  If you're an unprepared hippie who carries nothing but keys and a wallet, enjoy your khakis.

The rest of us will look for roomy, comfortable pants that are durable and have enough pockets for the things we carry daily.

I carry all of that (minus bug and light) in slim fit pants with a slim fit shirt. No need to look like a border patrol agent or Joe Gunshow. And I can guarantee you I'm not an unprepared hippy.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#38]
another vote for Vertx
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Huge fan of VERTX pants!

This.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Dockers D3

Loving these. Fit and cut like jeans, but khaki material, still strong. Comes in a shit ton of colors. Wear for work or play.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Another vote for vertx
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Any ideas?  I heard that the 5.11 Covert Khaki 1.0 was good but I have never seen any.  I also heard that the 2.0 didn't fit as well.  Also would prefer pleated front to provide more freedom of movement like these:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhrYrCRF6Eg&feature=related

I have a pair of the Covert Khaki's they wear pretty well, and look decent, I use them working one of our security side jobs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

For durability I prefer TAD Gear, which is higher priced, but fits me like it was custom tailored. They are currently out of stock of their Covert Pants, but have the similarly designed Spartan Pants in stock in most sizes. You could always call and see if they are expecting any of the Coverts in.

TAD Gear Spartan Pants

There are a few others, but they go up more in price from here. Granted there are also cheaper pants, but these are pretty good quality, and features for the money. YMMV IMHO
Happy Shopping OP

-PC-

TADGear pants are really really nice.  I have several.  My only complaint is the front pocket on them.  I wish they made a version of their pant without it, or made it more discreet.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Atlanco/Tru-Spec Classic Khakis, have the elastic comfort slider waistband, front and back pockets, 2 knife/flashlight pockets, 2 hidden zippered pockets on each side, 65/35 Teflon-Coated Cotton-Poly Ripstop Khaki, Navy or Black

I know where to get them for about $30/pair
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#47]
I've been reduced to wearing the classic khakis from old navy for out in the field.

Company I work for thinks that jeans are ok, but BDU or other cargo pants are "too casual"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Huge fan of VERTX pants!

So I just ordered a pair of the Vertx pants in khaki, one size larger than normal (thank you for the tip!).  The look great in the pics, and I literally don't have any other khaki pants at all right now, so I can't wait!

KOTB

ETA: Ordered from LA Police Gear, and they were ten bucks off retail. LAPG is also having a close out on a bunch if other pants as well.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:54:27 PM EDT
[#49]
i was a bit worried about the covert khaki 2.0 but I bought some anyway. I had nothing to worry about because these things are great. I like the flat front though. I just ordered another pair so I would recommend.

I know you didn't ask but since we are talking about pants the new stryke (spelling) pant from 5.11 are extremely comfortable but way over priced.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#50]

These are what I wear and the are the best I have worn. I have owned almost every brand.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top