[#1]
Quoted:
Just saw these in SWAT.  http://www.ccwbreakaways.com/

That's just bad ass
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Dockers Mobile Pant [singular]

GREAT if you can find them.  May have been discontinued.  Thicker, more durable cloth than most dockers, leg pockets well concealed, but with a large enough zipper to access.  Better than my 5.11 khakis.

+1.

Great pants.

Quoted:
Quoted:
You want tactical khakis that don't look tactical? Just buy khakis.

Keys
Knife
Second knife?
Wallet
Phone
Light
Mags/mag pouch/speedloader
BUG?
One spare pocket for whatever random thing that needs a place today.

Normal khakis don't have room for the stuff a normal person needs, and we don't like the Batman utility-belt look.  If you're an unprepared hippie who carries nothing but keys and a wallet, enjoy your khakis.

The rest of us will look for roomy, comfortable pants that are durable and have enough pockets for the things we carry daily.

Dump half that crap.

Do you really need a 2nd knife?  More of a flashlight then a simple Key ring job? Back up piece?

Are you a LEO agent? Chasing down the Albanian mobsters that kidnapped your daughter? Or just an office guy that wants to be a little prepared?

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I wear Triple Aught Design pants.

Money is not a problem though in my case. Prepare your anus if you have kids or a wife.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't tried the Covert Khaki 2.0's yet, but the 1.0's are great. I've been wearing them for about a year and a half. They have tons of pockets and are really comfortable. Mine are starting to wear out, so I'll probably be looking at the 2.0's pretty soon.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Although I wouldn't exactly classify them as 'tactical', I'd suggest a look at Cabela's Trailhiker II's. I have two pair, washed and worn for work every week for over 3 years. They still look great.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Now that looks nice.  I hate the cargo pockets on most pants, whatever's in them keeps hitting me in the kneecaps.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just bad ass

Dang, I should have ordered these instead!
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Huge fan of VERTX pants!
http://www.wearvertx.com/

+1
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Mountain Khakis

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the RedHead cargos they sell at Bass Pro Shops, they go anywhere from 29 to 39 bucks, I wear them to work and they have held up well
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 6:08:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Colombia Ultimate ROC pants. They wear like steel.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 9:13:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dockers Mobile Pant [singular]

GREAT if you can find them.  May have been discontinued.  Thicker, more durable cloth than most dockers, leg pockets well concealed, but with a large enough zipper to access.  Better than my 5.11 khakis.

+1.

Great pants.

Quoted:
Quoted:
You want tactical khakis that don't look tactical? Just buy khakis.

Keys
Knife
Second knife?
Wallet
Phone
Light
Mags/mag pouch/speedloader
BUG?
One spare pocket for whatever random thing that needs a place today.

Normal khakis don't have room for the stuff a normal person needs, and we don't like the Batman utility-belt look.  If you're an unprepared hippie who carries nothing but keys and a wallet, enjoy your khakis.

The rest of us will look for roomy, comfortable pants that are durable and have enough pockets for the things we carry daily.

Dump half that crap.

Do you really need a 2nd knife?  More of a flashlight then a simple Key ring job? Back up piece?

Are you a LEO agent? Chasing down the Albanian mobsters that kidnapped your daughter? Or just an office guy that wants to be a little prepared?

One knife for cutting boxes/utility, one to stay sharp for cutting people.  And if you've never had a high-quality top brand gun fail, I guess you either don't practice enough (with wet hands, injured hands/arms, from the ground, weak hand, while dizzy/disoriented, etc.) or you're luckier than I am.

A second gun also balances the belt and keeps your spine aligned better.
Link Posted: 11/24/2011 6:41:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Interesting pants, except apparently they think everyone who carries a gun is fat.
Link Posted: 11/24/2011 8:09:22 AM EDT
[#15]

I remember those from the late 80s early 90s Ninja craze.

Link Posted: 11/24/2011 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/24/2011 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm pretty happy with my 5.11 Covert Khaki 1.0's.

Bought a stack of them real cheep when they were discontinued.
Link Posted: 11/24/2011 9:24:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Now that looks nice.  I hate the cargo pockets on most pants, whatever's in them keeps hitting me in the kneecaps.

I'll second these pants. I have a couple pairs of the cotton canvas ones and the've been phenomenal.
One thing to add is that the cargo pockets have two smaller pockets inside them, sized to fit an AR mag. Great for cell phones, tools, or whatever. Keeps them nice and organized.
Link Posted: 11/24/2011 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dickie's Brand

This.

I used to wear the pleated, non cargo ones (they just have regular pockets and one on the leg for a cell phone. They do have a cargo model but I am not a big fan of cargo pants.

Warning: They are stiff as hell until they are worn and washed a bunch. Once broken in a bit they are awesome and are damn near bulletproof.

Used to wear them with a polo shirt and some work/hiking style boots. Looked presentable in a business casual environment and durable enough to go crawling around in an attic or work on a construction site.

Link Posted: 11/24/2011 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#20]

+1  but after years of wear they still look great but the front a worn through from keys and knifes.  I would buy them again in a heartbeat.  CarbineMom patches the soft pocket material.

I have a coworker who irons dark Firehouse Pants and wears them with a nice shirt and tie every day.
Link Posted: 11/24/2011 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Firehouse  Pants?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top