Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 4/1/2001 5:46:01 AM EDT
This story ran on page 15 of the Boston Globe on 3/31/2001. The Samson syndrome By Madison Shockley http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/090/oped/The_Samson_syndrome+.shtml
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 6:01:48 AM EDT
[url]http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/090/oped/The_Samson_syndrome+.shtml[/url] "Let's begin by calling these school shootings exactly what they are: suicides." [green] At least the article doesn't blame the guns.[/green]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 6:27:51 AM EDT
I think if the government would bring public excecutions back from the 1800,bring a modern day caning to the U.S.A. there would not be half of what happens here.If you go over sea's,there is very little crime (exclude Africa)Why?the punnishment.If you slap a child on the hand for murder,the next child will think its O.K. because he only got a slap on the wrist.It starts a chain reaction.Look at todays youth.You cant spank,they try to run over us.If we (the 30 year olds,and older)did that as a child,well I can remember too many times gatting the holy crap beat out of me.That was just for something minor.I dont think I ever did anything major.I think I was too afraid of my parents or the punishment
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 6:33:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 9:37:56 AM EDT
I don't think getting smacked around once in awhile as a child did me any harm. I knew what was coming if I disobeyed or lied. I also knew it was better to do as I was told and to tell the truth.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 2:38:07 PM EDT
I never got hit when I was a kid yet I didn't turn out to be a harris or klebold.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 3:08:15 PM EDT
I never got hit when I was a kid yet I didn't turn out to be a harris or klebold
View Quote
Maybeso, Imboglio, but did you ever do anything as a kid worth getting cracked for? I did. Got "corrected", and cleaned up my act. Also, when I was growing up "The Law" was still something to be respected, and feared. Whether "The Law" was the parents or "The Man", didn't matter. Screw with them and you paid a price. Not now.
Top Top