Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2001 8:00:49 PM EDT
Saw LEGP rifle today at the Market Hall show in Dallas today.  The RRA guns have absolutely the nicest receivers you can imagine - makes my Colts look like they were formed with a hammer and chisel - no shit.  I originally was turned off by the M4 style and muzzle treatment of the group buy rifle, but seeing it in person I can say that the rifle is very easy on the eyes, at least to me - beautiful.  The scope, OKO sight, rear iron sight options, sling, and Beta C were all top notch - very nice.  I bought three and honest to God, if I can swing it, I will see if I can afford a fourth - it is that sweet of a deal!  Father in law picked up a case of SA PMP for $140, a KelTec P32 slightly used for $200, a very nice used USGI mag for $10, and we both got some small tools we needed.  Also, myself and friends had purchased five cases of 1200 rnd IMI 55grain from Birmingham (Ammo or Enterprises or whatever - sorry, can't remember) at a show last year.  To get this ammount, the dealer had to gather up all of his display boxes - anyway, we found that three boxes were missing after we got home.  I told the dealer about it today, he didn't have any IMI on hand, so he gave me five boxes of PMP, no charge.  THAT is good business - I would recommend Birmingham Ammo to anyone!  Good show and had fun with my son and father-in-law.  It was my birthday today - happy birthday to me!
[<]:)]  [<]:)]  [<]:)]  [<]:)]  [<]:)]

Good to see Anti and Don again and meet a few new members too.

Tate
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Happy Birthday!!  Three rifles???  Will you adopt me?

[bday][bday][bday]

Aggie1
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations on trying to corner the market on these Tate.[:D] I'm glad to know that you're happy with the RRAs. It was good to see you and your son again today, and a pleasure to meet your father in law. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we have them in time for TBRS IV.

BTW-Happy Birthday, you old fart!![<]:)]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#3]
OK.

For the uninitiated, what does LEGP mean?
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Limited Edition Group Purchase.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 4:49:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Not a TAMU alumnus, but I've got an admiration for the school - I'll empty a mag in College Station's honor hen I get the rifles, Aggie1.

Again, good to see y'all, Don.

I made out *GREAT* in the "in-laws" department.  Sometimes their daughter is a bitch, but hey, look at who she's married to!! [;)]

Tate
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top