Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/22/2011 5:46:48 PM EDT
my personal assistant has been dispatched to bring me back one of these new burgers after hearing they are putting many other burgers to shame.

we shall see.

Go Stanford!
Go Texas!
Go Lions!
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Had one yesterday on my way from picking up my new M&P9. I'm not normally a fan of Wendy's, but DAMN it was good!!!

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordered a combo at the drive through yesterday for lunch, but I still don't know what they taste like because the Mexicans working there apparently think the word plain means without meat.  I've talked to the manager there more than once about burgers that didn't come with meat, but he is no help because he doesn't speak Spanish and his employees don't speak English.z
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Pics of personal assistant?

(shot in the dark here)
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ordered a combo at the drive through yesterday for lunch, but I still don't know what they taste like because the Mexicans working there apparently think the word plain means without meat.  I've talked to the manager there more than once about burgers that didn't come with meat, but he is no help because he doesn't speak Spanish and his employees don't speak English.z

You can't be serious? No meat? That's an act of war right there.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Double.

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Go juicy burger!
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I think I might like the old ones better.

The texture of the meat seems different somehow.

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I had one today.

I actually prefer the old Wendy's burger and fries.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#10]
How much is it?

Fast food prices are approaching sit down places' prices.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the new pickles, but everything else I can live without, over the old burgers. I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Do they make it in the baconator version? Haven't had fast food in a long time.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a new one on the way to work a couple of weeks ago, taste like shit to me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Bacon deluxe from there shames most other fast food burgers.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#15]
is this like the arch deluxe or some shit.......
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:12:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
my personal assistant has been dispatched to bring me back one of these new burgers after hearing they are putting many other burgers to shame.

we shall see.

Go Stanford!
Go Texas!
Go Lions!

Pics of personal assistant or not true.

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't be serious? No meat? That's an act of war right there.

I'm actually disappointed you didn't ask for pictures, you are slipping sir!
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#18]
From what i hear, they are ROUND now.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I remember when the patties were big and shapeless, they just flopped out all over the place.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#20]
There is a wendy's practically next door to me.  I used to eat there mostly out of convenience, but now I usually have to decide between there and whataburger.  I think their new burgers are great, though I can't open my mouth wide enough to eat the triple.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How much is it?

Fast food prices are approaching sit down places' prices.

This.  I went to the Wendy's drive through tonight, saw the prices, and left.  Screw that.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#22]
I had one today for lunch , a double . Tasted like the last couple hundred Wendy's burgers I've had .

But I've always liked them .

I DO like the new style fries a lot
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

From what I hear, they are ROUND now.
Vicious lies and slander!

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

What?

Blasphemy!

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They're cutting corners now? I may have to boycott my favorite fast food place if this is true. I don't believe you though, so I'm going to have to go get one.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#26]
This space reserved for results of my recon mission to determine the roundness or squareness of the new Wendy's burgers.

-EDIT-

THE RESULTS ARE IN:

THEY ARE SQUARE.

I further wish to propose that User "Slimjim" be permanently banned from the site under AR-15.com Code of Conduct rule number 4:

4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.

based upon his slander and libel towards the Wendy's corporation, which is clearly illegal.

Furthermore, I move to strike his comments about the shape of Wendy's Hot And Juicy Cheeseburgers, and enter my disapproval into the record.

As John Paul Jones once said, "I have not yet begun to drink!"

... something like that.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Still square

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yup, you are so much smarter than them, and yet you can't learn two or three spanish words.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#30]

One I had did, except the cheese wasn't that melted.

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Wendy's chili is pretty fucking good too, for fast food chili.

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Had one the other day. It was the first wendys triple i ever ate that i wasn't full after i was done. WENDYS I AM DISAPPOINT! Also think about it for a second. The patties are bigger and thicker....but they weigh the same as the old patties wtf? I smell filler
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I tried one recently. I was not impressed.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#34]
They switched to red onions and a different pickle. Other than that, it reallly isn't different from the original Wendy's.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, you are so much smarter than them, and yet you can't learn two or three spanish words.

Oh come on.  Why the fuck _do_ they put people who can barely speak English (or are barely functioning retards) on the window in order-taking capacity?  It's god damn annoying.

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh come on.  Why the fuck _do_ they put people who can barely speak English (or are barely functioning retards) on the window in order-taking capacity?  It's god damn annoying.

I only ever hear about this problem on arfcom.  But it is a bit funny that someone tries to present people as stupid when clearly the ignorance was a two-way street.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I had one today.

I actually prefer the old Wendy's burger and fries.

I prefer the original Wendy's hot and juicy burger.  Something about the toasted flavor that clashed with the fresh burger and toppings.  It was good but the toasted buns would be better on the Carolina Classic with the chili and slaw that they used to serve. I'd just as soon have an original style Wendys burger w/o the toasted buns.  

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I only ever hear about this problem on arfcom.  But it is a bit funny that someone tries to present people as stupid when clearly the ignorance was a two-way street.

Does someone really need to make the "we live in a primarily English-speaking country" argument..?
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Does someone really need to make the "we live in a primarily English-speaking country" argument..?

Beats me.  I've ordered fast food in dozens of countries without having half the drama I read about here.  Some people seem to always be surrounded by idiots.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mi padre siempre decia que aqui hablamos ingles.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

que?
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

i will tell you this......you don't want to know how it is made........
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#43]
My results are in, good sirs. You will find them by scrolling up to my reserved slot.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This space reserved for results of my recon mission to determine the roundness or squareness of the new Wendy's burgers.

-EDIT-

THE RESULTS ARE IN:
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6295/squareh.jpg

THEY ARE SQUARE.

I further wish to propose that User "Slimjim" be permanently banned from the site under AR-15.com Code of Conduct rule number 4:

4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.

based upon his slander towards the Wendy's corporation, which is clearly illegal.

Furthermore, I move to strike his comments about the shape of Wendy's Hot And Juicy Cheeseburgers, and enter my disapproval into the record.

As John Paul Jones once said, "I have not yet begun to drink!"

... something like that.

It was merely speculation, from people who were spreading lies. I am glad to see that they are still square.

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mi padre siempre decia que aqui hablamos ingles.

Si, intiendo.  Perro no intiendo porgue comunicar es demasiato dificil cuando tu necesitas.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It was merely speculation, from people who were spreading lies. I am glad to see that they are still square.

A predictable excuse from one such as yourself, a doubter of the glory that is Wendy's! A true heretic! Disgraceful.

You should be ashamed of yourself for spreading such filth upon such virgin fields that are the internets. For shame.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#47]
OP must have the slowest assistant in the world. DAYUM!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#48]
I always thought Wendy's burgers had a very odd taste, and I don't personally eat them.  

That aside, a few of my friends had them, and their opinions were all quite negative.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean that the meat comes from left-over burgers from the day before?  

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean that the meat comes from left-over burgers from the day before?  

Yup.  Pre-chewed

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top