Site Notices
7/23/2014 4:06:00 PM
  Previous Page
Page:  / 3
Author
Posted: 10/22/2011 9:46:48 PM
my personal assistant has been dispatched to bring me back one of these new burgers after hearing they are putting many other burgers to shame.

we shall see.

Go Stanford!
Go Texas!
Go Lions!
Mech2007
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 9:49:43 PM

Had one yesterday on my way from picking up my new M&P9. I'm not normally a fan of Wendy's, but DAMN it was good!!!

"Sometimes I think we need more running from saber tooth tigers to put life in perspective."

NRA Member
82ND-ABN

NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 9:50:26 PM
Concur - go Lions.
zoom

Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 9:52:58 PM
Ordered a combo at the drive through yesterday for lunch, but I still don't know what they taste like because the Mexicans working there apparently think the word plain means without meat. I've talked to the manager there more than once about burgers that didn't come with meat, but he is no help because he doesn't speak Spanish and his employees don't speak English.z
"In Texas , even the vegetables are made of meat" -- Lyle McDonald
sspicher
Motivated Left Foot
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 9:54:27 PM
Pics of personal assistant?

(shot in the dark here)
Go Braves.
sel366
Pie Taste Tester Champion 42 years Running
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 9:55:46 PM
Originally Posted By zoom:
Ordered a combo at the drive through yesterday for lunch, but I still don't know what they taste like because the Mexicans working there apparently think the word plain means without meat. I've talked to the manager there more than once about burgers that didn't come with meat, but he is no help because he doesn't speak Spanish and his employees don't speak English.z

You can't be serious? No meat? That's an act of war right there.
Baffle them with Bullshit is what I always say. Also, FUGseriesFAIL! Arcoms most hated/loathed troll. Thanks to the Arfcom staff that banned this FUCKNUT! Though he will be back.
sel366
Pie Taste Tester Champion 42 years Running
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 9:57:54 PM
[Last Edit: 10/22/2011 9:58:52 PM by sel366]
Double.

Baffle them with Bullshit is what I always say. Also, FUGseriesFAIL! Arcoms most hated/loathed troll. Thanks to the Arfcom staff that banned this FUCKNUT! Though he will be back.
helmutlent
I live in the past.
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 9:58:10 PM
Go juicy burger!
I only feel half a man when I don't have my gun with me.
- George Kelly

"I hate to bust the cap on a woman, especially
when she was sitting down, however if it
wouldn't have been her, it would have been us".
FRANK A. HAMER
stlyns
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 9:58:36 PM

I think I might like the old ones better.

The texture of the meat seems different somehow.
aquaman67
I'm the one with the M16
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 9:58:38 PM
I had one today.

I actually prefer the old Wendy's burger and fries.
OIF 06-08 Vet.
Procyon
I'm an agent of Chaos (thanks Furyataurus!)
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 9:59:52 PM
How much is it?

Fast food prices are approaching sit down places' prices.
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants.
Capt-Planet
Cyber-Luddite
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:01:50 PM
I like the new pickles, but everything else I can live without, over the old burgers. I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
numberofthebeast
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:02:47 PM
Do they make it in the baconator version? Haven't had fast food in a long time.
CajunMojo
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:04:07 PM
I had a new one on the way to work a couple of weeks ago, taste like shit to me.
f40
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:05:15 PM
Bacon deluxe from there shames most other fast food burgers.
Dustrod
No Knockin
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:10:27 PM
is this like the arch deluxe or some shit.......
Super_Duty_John
This is madness!
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:12:59 PM
Originally Posted By Tactical_Jew:
my personal assistant has been dispatched to bring me back one of these new burgers after hearing they are putting many other burgers to shame.

we shall see.

Go Stanford!
Go Texas!
Go Lions!

Pics of personal assistant or not true.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Super_Duty_John
This is madness!
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:14:11 PM
Originally Posted By sel366:

You can't be serious? No meat? That's an act of war right there.

I'm actually disappointed you didn't ask for pictures, you are slipping sir!
NRA Endowment Life Member

Slimjim
Doesnt like cupcakes.
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:19:41 PM
From what i hear, they are ROUND now.
Stove_Pipe
M855 Apologist
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:22:53 PM
Originally Posted By Slimjim:

I remember when the patties were big and shapeless, they just flopped out all over the place.
Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns.
Psychpolitical Agent #22
أنا لن أذعن!
cedjunior
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:26:29 PM
There is a wendy's practically next door to me. I used to eat there mostly out of convenience, but now I usually have to decide between there and whataburger. I think their new burgers are great, though I can't open my mouth wide enough to eat the triple.
Darrellbear
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:29:41 PM
Originally Posted By Procyon:
How much is it?

Fast food prices are approaching sit down places' prices.

This. I went to the Wendy's drive through tonight, saw the prices, and left. Screw that.
ultramagbrion
Guerrilla Airship Pirate
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:30:15 PM
I had one today for lunch , a double . Tasted like the last couple hundred Wendy's burgers I've had .

But I've always liked them .

I DO like the new style fries a lot
" Where does simple liberal idiocy end and manifest treason to this country begin?" EricTheHun:1/7/2005
Μολὼν λαβέ
Sandit
NC's mercenary member
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:30:23 PM

From what I hear, they are ROUND now.
Vicious lies and slander!

Quite possibly the only member of the Night Crew to have paid the entry fee.

Originally posted by BigEasySnow:
You watch it Mister, or I'll land an uppercut to your kneecap that will have you seeing stars!

Minion of Snow #13
FeebMaster
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:30:55 PM

What?

Blasphemy!
Capt-Planet
Cyber-Luddite
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:32:12 PM

They're cutting corners now? I may have to boycott my favorite fast food place if this is true. I don't believe you though, so I'm going to have to go get one.
Capt-Planet
Cyber-Luddite
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:33:20 PM
[Last Edit: 10/22/2011 11:56:35 PM by Capt-Planet]
This space reserved for results of my recon mission to determine the roundness or squareness of the new Wendy's burgers.

-EDIT-

THE RESULTS ARE IN:

THEY ARE SQUARE.

I further wish to propose that User "Slimjim" be permanently banned from the site under AR-15.com Code of Conduct rule number 4:

4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.

based upon his slander and libel towards the Wendy's corporation, which is clearly illegal.

Furthermore, I move to strike his comments about the shape of Wendy's Hot And Juicy Cheeseburgers, and enter my disapproval into the record.

As John Paul Jones once said, "I have not yet begun to drink!"

... something like that.
cedjunior
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:35:18 PM
Still square

Chokey
"Just a fly in the ointment, Hans."
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:36:19 PM

if only they really looked that that
NRA Benefactor Member
كافر
Bohr_Adam
Caliphate Sleeper Agent
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:38:34 PM

Yup, you are so much smarter than them, and yet you can't learn two or three spanish words.
You hate freedom. And puppies.
- Joe_Pennsy

Of course I do, I'm NYPD.
- Extorris
Sandit
NC's mercenary member
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:39:21 PM

Originally Posted By Chokey:

if only they really looked that that

One I had did, except the cheese wasn't that melted.
Quite possibly the only member of the Night Crew to have paid the entry fee.

Originally posted by BigEasySnow:
You watch it Mister, or I'll land an uppercut to your kneecap that will have you seeing stars!

Minion of Snow #13
toaster
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:42:23 PM
[Last Edit: 10/22/2011 10:43:03 PM by toaster]
Wendy's chili is pretty fucking good too, for fast food chili.
bsnare
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:51:08 PM
Had one the other day. It was the first wendys triple i ever ate that i wasn't full after i was done. WENDYS I AM DISAPPOINT! Also think about it for a second. The patties are bigger and thicker....but they weigh the same as the old patties wtf? I smell filler
SouthEndXGF
Gets Drunk, Wanders Off.
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 11:04:46 PM
I tried one recently. I was not impressed.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: always cheat and always win."
Tennessee Squire

bmslade
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 11:17:34 PM
They switched to red onions and a different pickle. Other than that, it reallly isn't different from the original Wendy's.
Kurg
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 11:35:47 PM

Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

Yup, you are so much smarter than them, and yet you can't learn two or three spanish words.

Oh come on. Why the fuck _do_ they put people who can barely speak English (or are barely functioning retards) on the window in order-taking capacity? It's god damn annoying.
Bohr_Adam
Caliphate Sleeper Agent
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 11:38:05 PM
Originally Posted By Kurg:

Oh come on. Why the fuck _do_ they put people who can barely speak English (or are barely functioning retards) on the window in order-taking capacity? It's god damn annoying.

I only ever hear about this problem on arfcom. But it is a bit funny that someone tries to present people as stupid when clearly the ignorance was a two-way street.
- Joe_Pennsy

- Extorris
Philmore
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 11:40:24 PM
Originally Posted By aquaman67:
I had one today.

I actually prefer the old Wendy's burger and fries.

I prefer the original Wendy's hot and juicy burger. Something about the toasted flavor that clashed with the fresh burger and toppings. It was good but the toasted buns would be better on the Carolina Classic with the chili and slaw that they used to serve. I'd just as soon have an original style Wendys burger w/o the toasted buns.

"This here is a flare gun, sucker! So unless you want your entire intestinal tract lit up like Cape Canaveral, you got exactly 10 seconds to tell me who you are!"
-Crockett
Burnsy87
AAARRRGGHH
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 11:42:05 PM

I only ever hear about this problem on arfcom. But it is a bit funny that someone tries to present people as stupid when clearly the ignorance was a two-way street.

Does someone really need to make the "we live in a primarily English-speaking country" argument..?
Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. http://www.nebraskafirearms.org

Archer: Cry "Havok!" And let slip the hogs of war!
Lana: DOGS of war.......
Archer: WHATEVER FARM ANIMAL OF WAR, LANA!
Bohr_Adam
Caliphate Sleeper Agent
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 11:50:55 PM
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:

Does someone really need to make the "we live in a primarily English-speaking country" argument..?

Beats me. I've ordered fast food in dozens of countries without having half the drama I read about here. Some people seem to always be surrounded by idiots.
- Joe_Pennsy

- Extorris
sparky923
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 11:52:05 PM

Mi padre siempre decia que aqui hablamos ingles.
ShamusMcOI
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 11:54:50 PM

que?
Does Somebody Need A Hug?
ShamusMcOI
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 11:55:25 PM
Originally Posted By toaster:

i will tell you this......you don't want to know how it is made........
Does Somebody Need A Hug?
Capt-Planet
Cyber-Luddite
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 11:55:42 PM
My results are in, good sirs. You will find them by scrolling up to my reserved slot.
Slimjim
Doesnt like cupcakes.
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 11:55:58 PM
Originally Posted By Capt-Planet:
This space reserved for results of my recon mission to determine the roundness or squareness of the new Wendy's burgers.

-EDIT-

THE RESULTS ARE IN:
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6295/squareh.jpg

THEY ARE SQUARE.

I further wish to propose that User "Slimjim" be permanently banned from the site under AR-15.com Code of Conduct rule number 4:

4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.

based upon his slander towards the Wendy's corporation, which is clearly illegal.

Furthermore, I move to strike his comments about the shape of Wendy's Hot And Juicy Cheeseburgers, and enter my disapproval into the record.

As John Paul Jones once said, "I have not yet begun to drink!"

... something like that.

It was merely speculation, from people who were spreading lies. I am glad to see that they are still square.

Bohr_Adam
Caliphate Sleeper Agent
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 11:59:08 PM
Originally Posted By sparky923:

Mi padre siempre decia que aqui hablamos ingles.

Si, intiendo. Perro no intiendo porgue comunicar es demasiato dificil cuando tu necesitas.
- Joe_Pennsy

- Extorris
Capt-Planet
Cyber-Luddite
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/23/2011 12:01:47 AM
It was merely speculation, from people who were spreading lies. I am glad to see that they are still square.

A predictable excuse from one such as yourself, a doubter of the glory that is Wendy's! A true heretic! Disgraceful.

You should be ashamed of yourself for spreading such filth upon such virgin fields that are the internets. For shame.
slappomatt
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/23/2011 12:05:34 AM
OP must have the slowest assistant in the world. DAYUM!!!
callmenoshie: "saying that females have the potential to be "bat shit crazy" is like saying the sky has the potential to be blue."
Bushylover
XBox- FortyMillimeter
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/23/2011 12:08:40 AM
I always thought Wendy's burgers had a very odd taste, and I don't personally eat them.

That aside, a few of my friends had them, and their opinions were all quite negative.
smithc6: IM inbound
Merc1973: I did and the system says inbound does not exist and is not accepting IM's.
aplehr
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/23/2011 12:13:39 AM
Originally Posted By ShamusMcOI:

You mean that the meat comes from left-over burgers from the day before?

Firebird69
Freedom is Expensive
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/23/2011 12:15:37 AM

Originally Posted By aplehr:
Originally Posted By ShamusMcOI:

You mean that the meat comes from left-over burgers from the day before?

Yup. Pre-chewed
Nothing good ever comes from a knock at the door
  Previous Page
Page:  / 3