Page:  / 5
Next Page  
Author
This is madness!
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/18/2011 12:57:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By Tolip:
I try not to keep up with the social lives of actors and actresses, but I just learned that Robin Wright, who played Jenny, is/was married to Sean Penn.

Kinda sheds new light on the situation....I guess it wasn't acting then, slut!
NRA Endowment Life Member

Tolip
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/18/2011 1:06:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By Mandi_Luv:
Jenny got Aids either from IV sharing which they showed in the sceen where she thinks about jumping off the balconey or she got Aids after Forrest JR. was born most likely she got Aids after she had Forrest JR. Forrest Senior did not have Aids Jenny did not give Forrest Aids and Forrest JR having Aids is not for sure but since he did not look sick when Forrest found out he was a father, I don't believe he had Aids.

She could have had HIV before giving birth to Forrest Jr. Transmission from mother to child often occurs as the child is being born, and doesn't occur 100% of the time. If Jenny was on HIV meds (if they were available, I'm not sure when he was born), and/or if Forrest Jr was born by C-section with care not to expose him, there's a good chance he wouldn't have become infected.
Super_Duty_John
This is madness!
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/18/2011 1:08:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By FLAL1A:
Originally Posted By Shakes525:
This thread is full of

It was AIDS, and she got it after she had the kid. 20 seconds on youtube and you'll know things.

We didn't know shit about AIDS in 1981 so the "we knowed all about it!" people can take a seat in the corner. She also clearly states she had a virus, so the cancer people can join them.

IIRC, in 1981 AIDS (even among medical researchers) was "the mysterious gay disease."

...and intravenous drug addicts, like Jenny.

Capt-Planet
Cyber-Luddite
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/18/2011 1:09:44 PM EST
Jenny got Aids either from IV sharing which they showed in the sceen where she thinks about jumping off the balconey or she got Aids after Forrest JR. was born most likely she got Aids after she had Forrest JR. Forrest Senior did not have Aids Jenny did not give Forrest Aids and Forrest JR having Aids is not for sure but since he did not look sick when Forrest found out he was a father, I don't believe he had Aids.

She could have had HIV before giving birth to Forrest Jr. Transmission from mother to child often occurs as the child is being born, and doesn't occur 100% of the time. If Jenny was on HIV meds (if they were available, I'm not sure when he was born), and/or if Forrest Jr was born by C-section with care not to expose him, there's a good chance he wouldn't have become infected.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe it's more likely for a child born to a HIV positive mother to be HIV negative than positive, especially if it's a birth with no major complications.
ScopeScar
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/18/2011 1:12:12 PM EST
Originally Posted By retro_gunner:
I always wondered this too.....

It would make a terrific Forrest Gump 2!!!!

ScopeScar
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/18/2011 1:12:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By Greenhorn:
Originally Posted By Bluewaterheaven:
Why would she even sleep with him? He was retarded.

He was the only one in her life who had ever treated her with respect and love.

Was this a serious answer?
1911greg
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/18/2011 1:18:09 PM EST
Originally Posted By hoss622:
In the book, Forrest Gump was very different. He wasn't just a fast runner, he was an incredible physical speciman. Big and powerfully muscled. Jenny slept with him because he was hung like a horse, in addition to be a nice guy. In the book, he wasn't retarded, he was an idiot savant, and was brilliant in many ways.

you learn something new everyday!
southlak9cop
Louisiana's Home Grown JBT
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/18/2011 1:26:31 PM EST
Well. There was a sequel to Forrest Gump called Gump & Co. (according to the net....I've never read either) and there is no mention of Gump having issues related to HIV/AIDS so I would assume the answer is no.
Kevlar...Never leave home without it. www.bayoushooter.com

You're like a girl who unzips your pants, spits on her hand, and proceeds to fall asleep. - BUCC_Guy
southlak9cop
Louisiana's Home Grown JBT
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/18/2011 1:27:39 PM EST
Originally Posted By 1911greg:
Originally Posted By hoss622:
In the book, Forrest Gump was very different. He wasn't just a fast runner, he was an incredible physical speciman. Big and powerfully muscled. Jenny slept with him because he was hung like a horse, in addition to be a nice guy. In the book, he wasn't retarded, he was an idiot savant, and was brilliant in many ways.

you learn something new everyday!

I think he was described as being like 6'5" and 240 lbs by the age of 14 or something similar.
Kevlar...Never leave home without it. www.bayoushooter.com

You're like a girl who unzips your pants, spits on her hand, and proceeds to fall asleep. - BUCC_Guy
Tolip
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/18/2011 1:40:26 PM EST
Originally Posted By Capt-Planet:

Don't quote me on this, but I believe it's more likely for a child born to a HIV positive mother to be HIV negative than positive, especially if it's a birth with no major complications.

That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure about the actual statistics. I do know that most infections occur during child birth.
With the higher viral loads in the time before HIV drugs, too, I wasn't sure how mother->child transmission differed.
brass
Serious. Like a Paper Cut.
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/20/2011 6:50:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/20/2011 6:54:16 PM EST by brass]
Originally Posted By ScopeScar:
Originally Posted By retro_gunner:
I always wondered this too.....

It would make a terrific Forrest Gump 2!!!!

In the planned Gump & Co. sequel, which is is likely to never get off the ground: The setting is the present with a middle aged Forrest Gump and all the Forrest Gump things happened in a movie. Forrest Gump meets Tom Hanks who played him in the movie. It kinda doesn't make sense at all to me, and sounds like a flop.

There's that, and Tom Hanks doesn't like doing sequels (outside of Toy Story / Voice only )

Here's the whole thing:

Following the success of the movie, Winston Groom wrote a sequel novel, 'Gump & Co.' (1995), which referenced the movie as if it had been released in Forrest's world (he mentions that the movie was inaccurate - that is, compared to the first novel's canon - and brought him unwanted press attention). Forrest also meets Tom Hanks in the novel.
The person who complains most, and is the most critical of others has the most to hide.

"I was just a child then, now I'm only a man." -- Roger Waters

Also, Fuck obama.
Soylent
Gone Slightly 'Round The Bend
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/20/2011 7:05:00 PM EST
Nah, she humped him up the one time only and she didn't get the AIDS until the heroine guy knocked her up.

That's right kids, Forrest lives to a ripe old age raising someone elses son. Lt. Dan knew it too, but also knew that telling him would just fuck him up. The kid grew up never wanting for much and had the protection of a gozillionaire that was retard strong and would throw down to protect him. The kid knew or would shortly figure it out but also realized that Forrest really loved him as his own and let that sleeping dog lay.
Originally Posted By AzSteven:
Bah - your sorceries do not frighten us, Mr Science Pants

Originally Posted By Subnet:
When you break into my house and assault me, I'm all about ruining your life.
Erick123
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/20/2011 7:07:20 PM EST

Erick123
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/20/2011 7:08:59 PM EST
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
Originally Posted By RedDogSoldier:
So what's the transmission rate of HIV per sexual encounter?

I just wonder if people ever get lucky and dodge the bullet.

Circumsized? F to M? 1 in 300.

how about if the uncircumsized guys hold their foreskin back until her vag fluids are dry?
Mopseydocks6014
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/20/2011 7:09:09 PM EST
He must not have been *that* retarded. He grew up to be a lawyer in Philadelphia but then got stranded on an island...
BillofRights
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/20/2011 7:09:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By AbleArcher:
His retard genes probably beat the shit out of AIDS and had a quaint little story to tell about it

This. He was Retard Strong. It was demonstrated again and again. AIDS couldn't beat him, any more than the kids in the pickup truck, or the hippy at the Black Panther party, or the VC could.

When you think about it, the whole damned movie was about Retard Strength (tm).

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain
Moose
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/20/2011 7:12:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By Soylent:
Nah, she humped him up the one time only and she didn't get the AIDS until the heroine guy knocked her up.

That's right kids, Forrest lives to a ripe old age raising someone elses son. Lt. Dan knew it too, but also knew that telling him would just fuck him up. The kid grew up never wanting for much and had the protection of a gozillionaire that was retard strong and would throw down to protect him. The kid knew or would shortly figure it out but also realized that Forrest really loved him as his own and let that sleeping dog lay.

Nope.
He was actually killed during the ambush in Vietnam.
The rest of the story is his dying thoughts...
sleepdr
Snake oil salesman
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 7:33:19 AM EST
Originally Posted By Dan_Gray:

Nah, Aids was ruled out in the movie. Doctors knew about hiv/aids before the time line in which she told Forest about being sick. She had a McGuffin.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

You've just solved the mystery of what was in the Ronin case. Jenny was a victim of this top secret bioweapon, that would later be desired by various nefarious organizations.
Like fine herbs, dreams only develop their full fragrance when crushed and ground into a fine powder.
-LowBeta
Rocco123
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 7:43:36 AM EST

So, to clarify, is that 1 in 300 encounters lead to transmission or the other way around?

Correct.

No, I think he's saying 1 encounter leads to 300 simultaneous infections. People sitting in their Barcalounger could get AIDS just watching the football game! dangerous stuff here...........
haydendavid380
All The Gals Dig My.30 Cals
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 7:50:01 AM EST
Originally Posted By Dehammer:
I get tired of hearing all the drama of childbirth from women. I regularly take burrito dumps that require a midwife and whiskey.
squirreljr
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 8:01:10 AM EST

She gave him the AIDS.

SUPERSPORT
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 8:23:42 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/24/2011 10:26:02 AM EST by SUPERSPORT]

Remind me to fill my propane tank!
(Last fill 9-29-11)
VBC
Iddy Biddy Biddy Commidy
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 8:46:55 AM EST

He answered his own question twice with one answer.
georgestrings
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 8:51:03 AM EST
Originally Posted By ElectricSheep556:

Originally Posted By FLAL1A:
Originally Posted By Shakes525:
This thread is full of

It was AIDS, and she got it after she had the kid. 20 seconds on youtube and you'll know things.

We didn't know shit about AIDS in 1981 so the "we knowed all about it!" people can take a seat in the corner. She also clearly states she had a virus, so the cancer people can join them.

IIRC, in 1981 AIDS (even among medical researchers) was "the mysterious gay disease."

Now it is "the disease ANYONE can get that has absolutely nothing to do with homosexual acts or drug use despite the CDC's statistics showing the complete opposite"

Pretty much...

- georgestrings

Forest
6.8 > 6.5
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 9:08:10 AM EST
Originally Posted By DamascusKnifemaker:
I always figured she got it after she had sex with Forest.

'97 Jeep XJ Owner, former '98 XJ Owner

"Free thinking is great.. that's how the Assault wheelbarrow with silenced .22 rifle was born..." Harv24
Soylent
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 9:17:59 AM EST
Originally Posted By Forest:
Originally Posted By DamascusKnifemaker:
I always figured she got it after she had sex with Forest.

What did you do!

What. Did. You. Do...

Alien
Not the illegal kind...
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 9:20:27 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2011 9:20:52 AM EST by Alien]
I just realized that the reality is, AIDS was the mechanism that gave Jenny to Forest.
Please tell me what you had for breakfast.
NagOrzo15-1
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 9:37:08 AM EST
What a great movie. I still enjoy watching it.
GLOCKshooter
Just this guy
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 9:50:54 AM EST
I think Forrest gave it to Jenny.
Either run for your lives, surrender, or stand up and fight
A source said: ‘Removing the head in this way was totally inappropriate.’
Actually, probably one of the most effective frozen animal weapons available- Danner 130
TxRabbitBane
Fishing > Work
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 9:54:49 AM EST
Originally Posted By Rocco123:

So, to clarify, is that 1 in 300 encounters lead to transmission or the other way around?

Correct.

No, I think he's saying 1 encounter leads to 300 simultaneous infections. People sitting in their Barcalounger could get AIDS just watching the football game! dangerous stuff here...........

That's why I wear a condom while watching football.
Enigma102083
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 10:00:11 AM EST
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
Honestly, the more I see that movie, the more I get sick of the whole "Jenny" thing. She was a druggie whore.

She had psychological problems due to being sexually abused by her father.
Keeper of the armored eyelids.
Horseman
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 10:06:13 AM EST

But he had a wang like a wookiee's arm?

Why are we having this discussion anyway?
hardridincwby28
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 10:08:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By Dan_Gray:
Originally Posted By supdura:
i wonder how many times forrest slammed her

Lots of times, like a drumset.

Retard on a drumset....Literally.

I just wonder which one he hit harder, Jenny or the drumset?
crurifragium
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 4:30:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By Super_Duty_John:
I try not to keep up with the social lives of actors and actresses, but I just learned that Robin Wright, who played Jenny, is/was married to Sean Penn.

Seeing as how Sean Penn was at one time married to Madonna, that means Forrest can add to his lifetime achievements that he's done Madonna by proxy.
Super_Duty_John
This is madness!
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 4:43:37 PM EST
Originally Posted By crurifragium:

Seeing as how Sean Penn was at one time married to Madonna, that means Forrest can add to his lifetime achievements that he's done Madonna by proxy.

...and in a movie with Phebe Cates.....

BTW, their first encounter in Jennies dorm room, Forrest prematurely blasted out a batch of retarded baby batter on her sheets when she touched him, with no sexual contact

brass
Serious. Like a Paper Cut.
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 6:41:23 PM EST

By that logic, I can claim Jennifer Love Hewitt, via 2 proxies that I know, except the order wasn't right.
The person who complains most, and is the most critical of others has the most to hide.

"I was just a child then, now I'm only a man." -- Roger Waters

Also, Fuck obama.
Forest
6.8 > 6.5
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 6:48:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By GLOCKshooter:
I think Forrest gave it to Jenny.

That's better.
'97 Jeep XJ Owner, former '98 XJ Owner

"Free thinking is great.. that's how the Assault wheelbarrow with silenced .22 rifle was born..." Harv24
stickfigure
Generally Disagreeable
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 6:50:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By sel366:
Originally Posted By Lon_Moer:

Originally Posted By ScoutOut:
She was a whore.

so was Forrest's mother

She only did that to get her son a decent education. This movie is my favorite and I've watched it over 100 times. Whenever it comes on TV I MUST watch it. I can recite almost all the dialogue word for word. Get a few beers in me and I'm unstoppable. Loves me some Forrest Gump.

I'm this way with The Blues Brothers, and I have been at it for 31 years, can't be helped.
We're invaders from another planet, we're invaders from another world... Martian Men look out for your planet... Earth Man's comin', to take control!!! EARTH MAN!!!
Soylent
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 8:23:31 PM EST
Originally Posted By brass:

By that logic, I can claim Jennifer Love Hewitt, via 2 proxies that I know, except the order wasn't right.

Wait...you did two of Hewitts' boyfriends?

hardridincwby28
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/21/2011 10:11:09 PM EST
Originally Posted By Soylent:
Originally Posted By brass:

Wait...you did two of Hewitts' boyfriends?

That's the way I took it when I read it......
jjc155
NRA Life Member, Oathkeeper
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/22/2011 5:06:53 AM EST
Originally Posted By -GunNutJuell-:
The more I think about it, I've come to the conclusion that jenny, who had AIDS, likely gave it to forrest when they had sex. And I'd think its likely that they had sex after being married too.

BAM! Jenny gave forrest the HIV, the GRID or whatever you call it.

Poor bastard fights in 'Nam, loses a buddy, starts a successful shrimp boat company, invests in some sort of fruit company, then the HIV.

Hasnt been a Forrest Gump Part 2 has there????wonder why, LOL

J-

" I swear by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." John Galt.
Page:  / 5
Next Page