BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/18/2011 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I try not to keep up with the social lives of actors and actresses, but I just learned that Robin Wright, who played Jenny, is/was married to Sean Penn.

Kinda sheds new light on the situation....I guess it wasn't acting then, slut!
Link Posted: 10/18/2011 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Jenny got Aids either from IV sharing which they showed in the sceen where she thinks about jumping off the balconey or she got Aids after Forrest JR. was born most likely she got Aids after she had Forrest JR. Forrest Senior did not have Aids Jenny did not give Forrest Aids and Forrest JR having Aids is not for sure but since he did not look sick when Forrest found out he was a father, I don't believe he had Aids.

She could have had HIV before giving birth to Forrest Jr.  Transmission from mother to child often occurs as the child is being born, and doesn't occur 100% of the time. If Jenny was on HIV meds (if they were available, I'm not sure when he was born), and/or if Forrest Jr was born by C-section with care not to expose him, there's a good chance he wouldn't have become infected.
Link Posted: 10/18/2011 2:08:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread is full of

It was AIDS, and she got it after she had the kid. 20 seconds on youtube and you'll know things.

We didn't know shit about AIDS in 1981 so the "we knowed all about it!" people can take a seat in the corner.  She also clearly states she had a virus, so the cancer people can join them.

IIRC, in 1981 AIDS (even among medical researchers) was "the mysterious gay disease."

...and intravenous drug addicts, like Jenny.
Link Posted: 10/18/2011 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jenny got Aids either from IV sharing which they showed in the sceen where she thinks about jumping off the balconey or she got Aids after Forrest JR. was born most likely she got Aids after she had Forrest JR. Forrest Senior did not have Aids Jenny did not give Forrest Aids and Forrest JR having Aids is not for sure but since he did not look sick when Forrest found out he was a father, I don't believe he had Aids.

She could have had HIV before giving birth to Forrest Jr.  Transmission from mother to child often occurs as the child is being born, and doesn't occur 100% of the time. If Jenny was on HIV meds (if they were available, I'm not sure when he was born), and/or if Forrest Jr was born by C-section with care not to expose him, there's a good chance he wouldn't have become infected.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe it's more likely for a child born to a HIV positive mother to be HIV negative than positive, especially if it's a birth with no major complications.
Link Posted: 10/18/2011 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I always wondered this too.....

It would make a terrific Forrest Gump 2!!!!

Link Posted: 10/18/2011 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would she even sleep with him? He was retarded.

He was the only one in her life who had ever treated her with respect and love.

Was this a serious answer?
Link Posted: 10/18/2011 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In the book, Forrest Gump was very different.  He wasn't just a fast runner, he was an incredible physical speciman.  Big and powerfully muscled.  Jenny slept with him because he was hung like a horse, in addition to be a nice guy.  In the book, he wasn't retarded, he was an idiot savant, and was brilliant in many ways.

you learn something new everyday!
Link Posted: 10/18/2011 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Well.  There was a sequel to Forrest Gump called Gump & Co.  (according to the net....I've never read either) and there is no mention of Gump having issues related to HIV/AIDS so I would assume the answer is no.
Link Posted: 10/18/2011 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the book, Forrest Gump was very different.  He wasn't just a fast runner, he was an incredible physical speciman.  Big and powerfully muscled.  Jenny slept with him because he was hung like a horse, in addition to be a nice guy.  In the book, he wasn't retarded, he was an idiot savant, and was brilliant in many ways.

you learn something new everyday!

I think he was described as being like 6'5" and 240 lbs by the age of 14 or something similar.
Link Posted: 10/18/2011 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't quote me on this, but I believe it's more likely for a child born to a HIV positive mother to be HIV negative than positive, especially if it's a birth with no major complications.

That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure about the actual statistics. I do know that most infections occur during child birth.
With the higher viral loads in the time before HIV drugs, too, I wasn't sure how mother->child transmission differed.
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Nah, she humped him up the one time only and she didn't get the AIDS until the heroine guy knocked her up.

That's right kids, Forrest lives to a ripe old age raising someone elses son. Lt. Dan knew it too, but also knew that telling him would just fuck him up. The kid grew up never wanting for much and had the protection of a gozillionaire that was retard strong and would throw down to protect him. The kid knew or would shortly figure it out but also realized that Forrest really loved him as his own and let that sleeping dog lay.
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/20/2011 8:08:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what's the transmission rate of HIV per sexual encounter?

I just wonder if people ever get lucky and dodge the bullet.

Circumsized? F to M? 1 in 300.

how about if the uncircumsized guys hold their foreskin back until her vag fluids are dry?
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#15]
He must not have been *that* retarded.  He grew up to be a lawyer in Philadelphia but then got stranded on an island...
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

His retard genes probably beat the shit out of AIDS and had a quaint little story to tell about it

This.  He was Retard Strong.  It was demonstrated again and again.  AIDS couldn't beat him, any more than the kids in the pickup truck, or the hippy at the Black Panther party, or the VC could.  

When you think about it, the whole damned movie was about Retard Strength (tm).  

Link Posted: 10/20/2011 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nah, she humped him up the one time only and she didn't get the AIDS until the heroine guy knocked her up.

That's right kids, Forrest lives to a ripe old age raising someone elses son. Lt. Dan knew it too, but also knew that telling him would just fuck him up. The kid grew up never wanting for much and had the protection of a gozillionaire that was retard strong and would throw down to protect him. The kid knew or would shortly figure it out but also realized that Forrest really loved him as his own and let that sleeping dog lay.

Nope.
He was actually killed during the ambush in Vietnam.
The rest of the story is his dying thoughts...
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Nah, Aids was ruled out in the movie. Doctors knew about hiv/aids before the time line in which she told Forest about being sick. She had a McGuffin.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

You've just solved the mystery of what was in the Ronin case. Jenny was a victim of this top secret bioweapon, that would later be desired by various nefarious organizations.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

So, to clarify, is that 1 in 300 encounters lead to transmission or the other way around?

Correct.

No, I think he's saying 1 encounter leads to 300 simultaneous infections.  People sitting in their Barcalounger could get AIDS just watching the football game!  dangerous stuff here...........
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#21]

She gave him the AIDS.

Link Posted: 10/21/2011 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 10/21/2011 9:46:55 AM EDT
[#23]

He answered his own question twice with one answer.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread is full of

It was AIDS, and she got it after she had the kid. 20 seconds on youtube and you'll know things.

We didn't know shit about AIDS in 1981 so the "we knowed all about it!" people can take a seat in the corner.  She also clearly states she had a virus, so the cancer people can join them.

IIRC, in 1981 AIDS (even among medical researchers) was "the mysterious gay disease."

Now it is "the disease ANYONE can get that has absolutely nothing to do with homosexual acts or drug use despite the CDC's statistics showing the complete opposite"

Pretty much...

- georgestrings

Link Posted: 10/21/2011 10:08:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I always figured she got it after she had sex with Forest.

What did you do!

What. Did. You. Do...
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 10:20:27 AM EDT
[#27]
I just realized that the reality is, AIDS was the mechanism that gave Jenny to Forest.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#28]
What a great movie.  I still enjoy watching it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 10:50:54 AM EDT
[#29]
I think Forrest gave it to Jenny.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

So, to clarify, is that 1 in 300 encounters lead to transmission or the other way around?

Correct.

No, I think he's saying 1 encounter leads to 300 simultaneous infections.  People sitting in their Barcalounger could get AIDS just watching the football game!  dangerous stuff here...........

That's why I wear a condom while watching football.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Honestly, the more I see that movie, the more I get sick of the whole "Jenny" thing.  She was a druggie whore.

She had psychological problems due to being sexually abused by her father.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

But he had a wang like a wookiee's arm?  

Why are we having this discussion anyway?
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
i wonder how many times forrest slammed her

Lots of times, like a drumset.

Retard on a drumset....Literally.    

I just wonder which one he hit harder, Jenny or the drumset?
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I try not to keep up with the social lives of actors and actresses, but I just learned that Robin Wright, who played Jenny, is/was married to Sean Penn.

Seeing as how Sean Penn was at one time married to Madonna, that means Forrest can add to his lifetime achievements that he's done Madonna by proxy.

Link Posted: 10/21/2011 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Seeing as how Sean Penn was at one time married to Madonna, that means Forrest can add to his lifetime achievements that he's done Madonna by proxy.

...and in a movie with Phebe Cates.....

BTW, their first encounter in Jennies dorm room, Forrest prematurely blasted out a batch of retarded baby batter on her sheets when she touched him, with no sexual contact

Link Posted: 10/21/2011 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
She was a whore.

so was Forrest's mother

She only did that to get her son a decent education. This movie is my favorite and I've watched it over 100 times. Whenever it comes on TV I MUST watch it. I can recite almost all the dialogue word for word. Get a few beers in me and I'm unstoppable. Loves me some Forrest Gump.

I'm this way with The Blues Brothers, and I have been at it for 31 years, can't be helped.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

By that logic, I can claim Jennifer Love Hewitt, via 2 proxies that I know, except the order wasn't right.

Wait...you did two of Hewitts' boyfriends?
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

By that logic, I can claim Jennifer Love Hewitt, via 2 proxies that I know, except the order wasn't right.

Wait...you did two of Hewitts' boyfriends?

That's the way I took it when I read it......
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 6:06:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The more I think about it, I've come to the conclusion that jenny, who had AIDS, likely gave it to forrest when they had sex. And I'd think its likely that they had sex after being married too.

BAM! Jenny gave forrest the HIV, the GRID or whatever you call it.

Poor bastard fights in 'Nam, loses a buddy, starts a successful shrimp boat company, invests in some sort of fruit company, then the HIV.

Hasnt been a Forrest Gump Part 2 has there????wonder why, LOL

J-

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top