Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 27
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Sweet, I just learn that in Nam they coated AR-15 barrels with stainless steel.

lol. I heard that but it didn't register until now.

Guess I was caught up in all the excitement of the show
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know Mattel made M16's for the govt. too right? My buddy in Nam had one and told me.

thats right, Mattel also made all of the guns used in the movie "Heat" with Robert De niro

Link Posted: 10/25/2011 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know Mattel made M16's for the govt. too right? My buddy in Nam had one and told me.

thats right, Mattel also made all of the guns used in the movie "Heat" with Robert De niro

I am pretty sure my when my ship switched out it's old M14's they stocked up on M16's with mattel stamped on them...
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 3:47:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I wish the discovery channel would stop making gun owners look like gigantic douche nozzles.

Well in my time on Arfcom I've learned that gun owners fall into one of three categories.

1) Moody, anti-social loners holed up in their apartment.

2) Paranoid conspiracy theorists who keep anything remotely gun related a secret from others.

3) Obnoxious, in your face assholes.

Guess which one is most likely to be given a TV show?

Link Posted: 10/25/2011 11:12:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 2:47:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I wish the discovery channel would stop making gun owners look like gigantic douche nozzles.

Well in my time on Arfcom I've learned that gun owners fall into one of three categories.

1) Moody, anti-social loners holed up in their apartment.
2) Paranoid conspiracy theorists who keep anything remotely gun related a secret from others.
3) Obnoxious, in your face assholes.

Guess which one is most likely to be given a TV show?

"Apartment" is a very nice way to say "Mom's basement", but really, we prefer "Command Center"

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 3:17:56 AM EDT
[#7]
The son looks like that Justin Beiver dude
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 3:34:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The son looks like that Justin Beiver dude

Meh, the mom looks more like a duck though.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 3:46:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Do gunsmiths really use a hacksaw to cut a barrel down?
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 3:47:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I hate admit this but I think this show has actually made me hate SOG less than I did.
I would love to see Will and that cocksmoke asshole fight it out in celebrity boxing. Will would fuck his world up hard!
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 4:36:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Great, another show that will help with the public's perception of gun owners.  

Anyone read the  online reviews of this guy's shop? If you take a 1911 to him for some work, he'll engrave his store logo on the slide without asking for approval. And i'm not talking about light surface laser engraving, he does deep cnc style engraving like the type on AR lowers.

You're kidding? They'd be taking me away in cuffs.  

Dead serious Aimless, dead serious.

If a shop pulled that on me they'd be ordering me a new slide from Colt. I can understand if they were the shop that built the gun but small stuff like installing a beavertail(something I'd probably do myself anyway) or trigger job and the only markings the gun better have are the ones that were put there by the original manufacturer.
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 4:41:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

"Reality" TV has made our Country more stupider.

Irony, thy name is Redfish86

Link Posted: 10/26/2011 4:41:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The owner is a POS. He has shitty ethics, convicted criminal and shouldn't be allowed
to portray gun owners from any state let alone from mine.

Im working on links to how this guy is a douche.

Criminal? What did he do? Not that I'm doubting you, just curious.
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 4:43:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The owner is a POS. He has shitty ethics, convicted criminal and shouldn't be allowed

x2 What did he do? I thought he had a LE background?
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 4:46:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Reality" TV has made our Country more stupider.

Irony, thy name is Redfish86

I'd wager that was intentional.

Link Posted: 10/26/2011 4:52:51 AM EDT
[#16]
The show is the dumbest thing on tv.
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 4:59:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is a retired officer, had some legal issues with his first wife were the judge preceding over their divorce ordered him to pay up and give his wife the firearms she requested. He had refused and was threatened with jail time or some fines.
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 5:05:36 AM EDT
[#18]
I was really impressed by the wonderful engraving job done on the Barrett.  Right through the finish into bare steel.  

Link Posted: 10/26/2011 5:33:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I hate admit this but I think this show has actually made me hate SOG less than I did.
I would love to see Will and that cocksmoke asshole fight it out in celebrity boxing. Will would fuck his world up hard!

Really?  Have you seen that guy waddle around?  That fat fuck would stroke-out halfway through the first round.

NOTE: this post in no way endorses the cocksmoke asshole.
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 5:49:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's not them. It's us.

If we didn't eat it, they couldn't afford to put it on the table.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 5:54:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The show is the dumbest thing on tv.
You're right... it's no Sons of Guns.

Link Posted: 10/26/2011 5:54:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's a great show. Positive gun message. It's entertaining. I LOL'd a few times. Yeah it's scripted. I don't watch it for the training aspect of it. It's a gun orientated show on mainstream TV during prime time. Our gun culture has come along way and I think it's great.

AR15.com is one of the largest gun websites out there. You don't think they can read all these straight up ignorant posts about the wife and such.

Have fun. Talk about what you want. Have some fucking class about it though.

Good posting.

ETA: Good posting in red. I can't agree with the rest, though. I haven't watched it since the first night of the first episode. I don't like the guy and don't wish to support him. But I have no beef with the rest of the family and don't see a need to disrespect them when they could very possibly be members here.
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 6:11:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is a retired officer, had some legal issues with his first wife were the judge preceding over their divorce ordered him to pay up and give his wife the firearms she requested. He had refused and was threatened with jail time or some fines.

He also refused to return her nudie photos per the judge's order.

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 6:15:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I can't see that there would be a completed sales transaction in a legal technical sense if the seller was not allowed to transfer to the buyer the merchandise.
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im reading on a Colorado gun forum that the owner charged a woman for a gun before running a ncis check. When she didn't pass, he refused to refund her and offered to put the gun on consignment and keeping 20%.

I'm no lawyer- but that sounds illegal. If not, then HIGHLY unethical. How can he accept funds if he doesn't have a background check completed? Isn't that in itself a violation of law?

I just happened to think about buying guns when I lived in Virginia. At the time I was into Cowboy Action Shooting and wanted to buy sequentially numbered revolvers... The Commonwealth of Virginia, then, only allowed 1 gun purchase per month, however, I bought both guns at the same time. However, I was only allowed to complete the 4473 and take possession of one at a time and wait another 30 days to fill out the 4473 to obtain the second gun.

I bought both guns, I owned both guns, but they would only let me take possession of one at a time with a 30 day wait to take possession of the second one.

Right- however, you "prepaid" for firearm # 2 KNOWING that you just passed the check on firearm #1 correct?

I'm assuming you didn't hand the gun counter guy $X,000 and cross your fingers hoping for the best. You basically did a lay away, but paid 100% up front.

I'm just saying if what he did is LEGAL- then fine, but it's still pretty dishonest and unethical.
Actually, the 2 sequentially numbered guns was a special order, I paid for both upfront, took possession of one when they came in and waited 30 days for the other. (I paid a little bit of a premium for sequentially serial numbered, but not a ridiculous amount.) They did let me shoot the second one while I waited the 30 days, they have an indoor range.

So, had I not passed for the second gun, I don't know what would have happened. They would have had the other gun in used condition.

This wasn't a special order. The gun was in stock. They just put some aftermarket grips on it for her (and then hinted around that the gun was customized). When have you ever prepaid for a gun in stock before the insta-check was called in?

The thing is he admitted/claimed on numerous occasions that the woman customer was the "owner" of the gun.  He did it every time the issue came up when he was on the radio show.  Then someone mentioned to him that if she was not the owner of the gun before she came into the shop but became the owner of the gun while there, then that means he sold a gun to someone who was not qualified to purchase one. Then he stammered around a bit and stopped throwing that claim around quite so much.

Face it, he's in the industry. There's no way he's running a shop and has no idea that he's the only one who does it that way. He's one of those guys who runs with capitalism wide open. He's the kind of guy that buys the dead husband's gun collection from the ignorant widow for a song. To some, that's OK. To others, it's an issue of morality and conscience.

So he's figured out a way make money off people in a jam. They end up in a jam because they own a gun they can't possess and he's sitting there ready to make 20% off their jam. And at that point he's almost guaranteed to sell it because the owner is willing to lower the price to induce a sale because they can't possess it anyway and some of their money back is better than owning a gun they can't possess which is sitting in some jackass's shop. And it's not like the jackass is losing a repeat customer, so why not skin this particular sheep rather than just shearing her?
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 6:27:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Sorry, couldn't hear y'all over the sound of jailbait

Link Posted: 10/26/2011 6:37:12 AM EDT
[#26]
I just can't get past her freakishly long head & neck.
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 6:38:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

And those pointy knees, there is no way I would date.....

Link Posted: 10/26/2011 6:39:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The show is OK,not great not horrible and it beats SOG hands down.The asshole owner on SOG is a nasty piece of shit that needs a smack down for the way he treats his people.Just the way he talks to the tattooed gunsmith guy and the rest of them when they are trying to help is enough for me not to watch.

That aspect of SOG always pisses me off as well. His management style sucks.
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 6:55:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

http://img.poptower.com/pic-70057/paige-wyatt-american-guns.jpg?d=600

She does have a giraffe-like neck.
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 6:56:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Did Sons of Guns get cancelled?
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#31]
my gf really liked the pink the 1911 . I think its much more informative than sog they actually explain back ground checks etc. ya its corny and a lil dumb but its a show about guns so i will watch.
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

who's looking at her neck?

Link Posted: 10/26/2011 8:07:59 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

some please tell me that the daughter's tatas are not store bought

Link Posted: 10/26/2011 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 8:59:35 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They could be in one of those push-in-your-face bras, but her mother has booby-bags that probably are the result of some used revolver deal.

Link Posted: 10/26/2011 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

that girl is weird looking
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it wasn't for the bolt on's she'd hardly be worth a second look.

What kind of dad buy's their underage daughter fake boobs?
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Better for 69, dude!  

I'm past it now!    

Link Posted: 10/26/2011 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#39]
If he didn't want to give back the nude photos of his ex-wife, she must look a lot better than his current one. Hopefully someone in here can post pics to the ex. Regular pictures that is.
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what kind of doctor installs them?
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 9:57:57 AM EDT
[#42]
I like cleavage as much as the next guy , but damn . . . . momma's got a 'glen' .
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#43]
After the first few episodes, I have definitely reserved myself to watching it only for the titta's....but it really gets on my nerves every time he goes to buy guns and "has" to fly by helicopter. You don't get anymore "look at me" than that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what kind of doctor installs them?

The kind who gets the consent form signed and paid in full.
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
After the first few episodes, I have definitely reserved myself to watching it only for the titta's....but it really gets on my nerves every time he goes to buy guns and "has" to fly by helicopter. You don't get anymore "look at me" than that.

You'd figure he could actually offer an honest amount for peoples collections if he wasn't paying to fly...
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Paige
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#47]
After last nights episode I lost what little "respect" I may have had for the owner, how he treats his employees and the almost blatant rip off he tried on that guys collection, scripted or not was all a huge bag of douchery.
I can't fault a business man for trying to buy low and sell high, but a mag falling out and claiming the rifle can't shoot ...is insulting bs at the least.
I also didn't like how he blatantly had the "gunsmith" do the gun in duracoat for use on the weekend...my guess is that the duracoat will not last, I always recommend 2-3 weeks before serious use other than hand cycling.
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

She's got mom's genes ...
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Way below my standards
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She's got mom's genes ...

thats her stepmom...

Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top