Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/29/2011 5:57:31 AM EDT
Well jesus fuck me christ! What the fuck is wrong with these fucking idiots!

Just saw on FOX news that a teacher is catching heat for saying "bless you" to a student that sneezed!

We need to nuke CA to get rid of all these PC pansies! It's the only way to be sure! Send a guy on a buffaloooo to weed out the jackasses, like the wild kitty cats that they are!.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:58:30 AM EDT
[#1]
fuck california.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:00:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
fuck california.

Yup, im all for bombing it after i get my brother and my cousins out of LA. Wipe the slate clean and let Arfcom take over and rebuild. It will truly become a paradise after Arfcom restructures the land and the laws!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:01:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Atheist for the loss.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:02:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Just saw on FOX news that a teacher is catching heat for saying "bless you" to a student that sneezed!

We need to nuke CA to get rid of all these PC pansies! It's the only way to be sure! Send a guy on a buffaloooo to weed out the jackasses, like the wild kitty cats that they are!.

Actually, it is about a TEACHER, that is taking points away from STUDENT'S grades when they say bless you in class.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:03:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Atheist for the loss.

Easy killer. As an atheist, I say fuck CA as well. This is horseshit. I don't say "bless you" myself (I prefer gesundheit), but I will kindly say thank you when someone wishes me well.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:03:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:04:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Obviously someone hasn't run into Bartleby and Loki.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:05:06 AM EDT
[#8]
"You're so good looking!"

ETA:  I usually say gesundheit anyway.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:06:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, it is about a TEACHER, that is taking points away from STUDENT'S grades when they say bless you in class.

I started listening about a third in to the story. Still shit like this will spread and no doubt become some sort of law and they might have a bless you count on your permanent record.  No Yale for you, you gad damned blesser!

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:23:04 AM EDT
[#10]
you might not be able to say "bless you" anymore, but you sure as hell can continue, and are encouraged to say "allahu akbar"
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:40:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Why does a sneeze garner any response? The only thing I MIGHT say is "wash your fucking hands!"
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:45:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why does a sneeze garner any response? The only thing I MIGHT say is "wash your fucking hands!"

It was believed that when you sneezed your soul partly came out of your body with the force, the term bless you was used to ward off demons and evil spirits from rushing in to take your souls place before your soul had a chance to get back in.

I looked it up years ago because I was curious.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:46:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Meanwhile, in the Sunshine State...

Woman with crack pipe went berserk at Winn-Dixie, cops say

<small>By Barbara Hijek</small> September 29, 2011 07:47 AM

Tanya Christiano, a 29-year-old
panhandler, approached women in a Winn-Dixie parking lot in Deland for
money for gas, then tied to snatch their money or purse, reports the Orlando Sentinel.

When Christiano crashed into a parked car after attacking and nearly
running over a woman,  a store employee managed to grab her keys and
handed them to the store manager, who ran into the store with them.

Christiano followed the manager inside, where she shoved him and
ripped his pants as she tried to get her keys out of his pocket.

Get the DUHtails at the Orlando Sentinel.

Photo: Volusia County Jail / September 27, 2011

Share this
                                | Comments (0)

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:48:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was believed that when you sneezed your soul partly came out of your body with the force, the term bless you was used to ward off demons and evil spirits from rushing in to take your souls place before your soul had a chance to get back in.

OK, so you've described the history of the practice. Now that we aren't in the dark ages anymore, why do we still thinks it should be a common practice?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:48:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Tanya Christiano, a 29-year-old panhandler, approached women in a Winn-Dixie parking lot in Deland for money for gas, then tied to snatch their money or purse, reports the Orlando Sentinel.

When Christiano crashed into a parked car after attacking and nearly running over a woman,  a store employee managed to grab her keys and handed them to the store manager, who ran into the store with them.

Christiano followed the manager inside, where she shoved him and ripped his pants as she tried to get her keys out of his pocket.

Share this                                 | Comments (0)                                                                

The crazy eyes. She has them.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:51:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

A mannerly way of saying I hope you feels better as, the sneeze may portend an illness or cold.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:54:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, so you've described the history of the practice. Now that we aren't in the dark ages anymore, why do we still thinks it should be a common practice?

Why shouldn't it be? Outlaw harmless superstition? What's the point in that, erosion of personal freedom?

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:54:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Tanya Christiano, a 29-year-old panhandler, approached women in a Winn-Dixie parking lot in Deland for money for gas, then tied to snatch their money or purse, reports the Orlando Sentinel.

<a href="http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/specials/weirdflorida/blog/mug_ChristianoTA.jpg" target="_blank">http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/specials/weirdflorida/blog/mug_ChristianoTA-thumb.jpg</a>

When Christiano crashed into a parked car after attacking and nearly running over a woman,  a store employee managed to grab her keys and handed them to the store manager, who ran into the store with them.

Christiano followed the manager inside, where she shoved him and ripped his pants as she tried to get her keys out of his pocket.

Ok, yes both states have their form of crazy, but we still have the a bit more common sense and access to all firearms.  So nany nany boo boo, stick your head in doo doo!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:00:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's just a tradition and habit.  No need to get all huffy about it.  I'm not religious at all, and I say it.

Less annoying that the women around here who say "scat tom" whenever someone sneezes.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:02:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
fuck california.

Indeed, California is full of fucking faggots.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:02:32 AM EDT
[#22]
You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill... AGAIN!

It's not about religion, it's about class control. What it's about is this: somebody sneezes and then someone says, "bless you". Then another smart ass chimes in with a "bless you", then another just to be funny and then another and another...

We're talking about smart ass kids here and somebody trying to maintain discipline in his classroom.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:06:40 AM EDT
[#23]

ETA: Fuck it, these threads just get retarded anyways.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:10:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Atheist for the loss.

I don't say "bless you" myself (I prefer gesundheit),

I usually say "cover your fucking mouth",

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:17:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Atheist for the loss.

Easy killer. As an atheist, I say fuck CA as well. This is horseshit. I don't say "bless you" myself (I prefer gesundheit), but I will kindly say thank you when someone wishes me well.

Exactly. Hell, I say "bless you" frequently even though I don't mean anything like that. "I acknowledge that you performed a disruptive but involuntary bodily function and I'm not offended" takes too damn long.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:29:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The crazy eyes. She has them.

Poster child for crazy eyes.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why does it fucking bother you?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:56:10 AM EDT
[#28]
GD never let's ignorance of facts interfere with their butthurt indignation.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fuck california.

some parts of California are decent, I grew up there.  fucking beautiful place.  and I am there at least twice a month in the 18 wheeler.

I would love to live there again if half the population (liberals) and the entire political system somehow disappeared.

but as it is now, fuck california.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#30]
I can't believe this is news.  You would have thought it came out of the Onion.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

fuck california.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Atheist for the loss.

Kind of silly anyhow, considering that the origins of the saying were because evil spirits were supposed to be able to enter a sneezing person.

<––––atheist who says "bless you" when someone sneezes. Not because of any silly superstition, but because it's the polite thing to say...
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Atheist for the loss.

+1.

I say "bless you".  I don't say it with any thought of religion.

Just like when I say "god damnit".  I don't think about religion.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's not about religion, it's about class control. What it's about is this: somebody sneezes and then someone says, "bless you". Then another smart ass chimes in with a "bless you", then another just to be funny and then another and another...

We're talking about smart ass kids here and somebody trying to maintain discipline in his classroom.

aaaaaaannd you would be wrong. The teacher specifically said in the interview it was about outdated practices that he didn't like and didn't want to allow.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
fuck california.

1st post!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

<a href="http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/specials/weirdflorida/blog/mug_ChristianoTA.jpg" target="_blank">http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/specials/weirdflorida/blog/mug_ChristianoTA-thumb.jpg</a>

Dude that is west volusia county. I had the immense displeasure of living there for 2 years. You have no idea. the shit that went down while I lived there was off the fucking chain and thats by California standards it was off the chain. I met more crazy people, i mean like people telling me that arab terrorists took over a hotel and that I (that being me Howie) was Delands only hope, than I had met in my entire life. Halloween last year got canceled because a mile from where I lived in deltona 2 people got shot to death. some mexican tried to rob a convenance store in deland with a cactus. some fucking wack job killed his girlfreind and some other dude and then shot it out with the cops with a .50 bmg in Orange City.

central florida is full of trashy crazy people. if i had a choice of living there again and living in Miami, i'd probably pic miami. the women are better looking!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#37]
I am completely indifferent. I don't say it to others, but if someone were to say it to me I'll just give them a nod of acknowledgement or something.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Damn Californian's F them all!

<––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

California Reject?

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#40]
How would anyone know "who" it is that is supposed to do the blessin'?

It could be anyone or anything. "God" is an assumption.

Bless you!

WTF Cali..WTF?

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

aaaaaaannd you would be wrong. The teacher specifically said in the interview it was about outdated practices that he didn't like and didn't want to allow.

He's well and truly fucked if he punishes only outdated practices that seem religious.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fuck california.

Yup, im all for bombing it after i get my brother and my cousins out of LA. Wipe the slate clean and let Arfcom take over and rebuild. It will truly become a paradise after Arfcom restructures the land and the laws!
I don't think the state of California has passed any laws forbidding the use of "bless you".

I think we should start the bombing on Florida.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Atheist for the loss.

Kind of silly anyhow, considering that the origins of the saying were because evil spirits were supposed to be able to enter a sneezing person.

<––––atheist who says "bless you" when someone sneezes. Not because of any silly superstition, but because it's the polite thing to say...

The origins were during the plagues of the Middle Ages.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#44]

Nothing brings out the mouthbreathers like a California thread.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Probably should force people to stop saying "goodbye" too. After all goodbye is a shortening corruption of "God be with ye".
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:21:03 PM EDT
[#46]
I would tell my kid to say "fuck off and eat shit" after someone sneezes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Seriously, ones "soul" does not leave the body during a sneeze, nor, in its not-actually-absence, will the Devil sneak in in its place.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Cultural Marxism is terrorism.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, this makes sense.

Now instead of saying it out of politeness, I can rest assured that I'm warding off demons.

Time to act civilized, now that this planet is over five thousand years old.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
fuck california.

No, Cali is full of fucking red diaper dopy babies, but one of the most beautiful places in the country, fucked up by liberalisim.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top