Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/28/2011 12:37:24 AM EDT

can't seem to find it available in the US yet.  some Canadian store has it listed.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 12:45:14 AM EDT
[#1]
HOLY SHITBALLS!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 12:49:59 AM EDT
[#2]
righteous
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 12:50:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
HOLY SHITBALLS!!

That's what I call winning.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 12:50:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 12:56:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Gotta love seeing a big company have fun with something
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 12:58:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I so want a box of this, full of win.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 12:59:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I went out looking for some of this online.  I found a company in Canada that sells it.  At the same store they have Norinco M1As for $450.  

Norinco was once allowed to export to the USA but they stopped it in the 90's.  Granted they are very low price, but I have a Norinco .45 that does all I ask of it, I can't imagine the M1A is all that bad.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:00:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:02:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I will have to add it to the list of fun things to buy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:06:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:09:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Gotta love seeing a big company have fun with something

+1

I'd buy a box to display.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:12:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Need more details on the zombie certification process.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:12:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd be very surprised to see that available for sale in the US. I foresee some useful idiot opining that the bright, cartoon-like carton would somehow encourage children to take up arms-just like Joe Camel encouraged kids to smoke

The fact that it is illegal for children to buy ammunition matters not to the useful idiots.

That said, I'd buy some just for the novelty if nothing else I'm very well-stocked with other Hornady products for zombie control, like 75gr 5.56 Zombie TAP.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:15:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I went out looking for some of this online.  I found a company in Canada that sells it.  At the same store they have Norinco M1As for $450.  

Norinco was once allowed to export to the USA but they stopped it in the 90's.  Granted they are very low price, but I have a Norinco .45 that does all I ask of it, I can't imagine the M1A is all that bad.

Thank the import ban for the lack of cheap Chinese weapons.

Norinco AKs are some of the best on planet Earth.

Not to mention, the SKS, M14, the JW-103 "Bush Ranger", and whatever else they crank out these days.

Might not be the best, but they sure are affordable. I wish we could do something about this.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:17:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'd be very surprised to see that available for sale in the US. I foresee some using idiot opining that the bright, cartoon-like carton would somehow encourage children to take up arms-just like Joe Camel encouraged kids to smoke

The fact that it is illegal for children to buy ammunition matters not to the useful idiots.

That said, I'd buy some just for the novelty if nothing else I'm very well-stocked with other Hornady products for zombie control, like 75gr 5.56 Zombie TAP.

You're right about the packaging... children might eat the bullets!!!

I'd love a few boxes for the novelty, I really really would.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:20:38 AM EDT
[#16]
off to google... where can I get them?
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:21:19 AM EDT
[#17]
1 Pallet please!
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:23:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:23:41 AM EDT
[#19]
With one banner ad on ARFCOM they could sell all they could produce...
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:25:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank the import ban for the lack of cheap Chinese weapons.

Norinco AKs are some of the best on planet Earth.

Its slick willy and bush that decided we should not have norinco stuff.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:27:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I want
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:28:47 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The quality of the late imported MAK-90s was unbeatable, Side by side with an Arsenal, I'd take the Norinco. We have both at my work, and the MAK-90 looks and feels much better, plus I can personally attest that they shoot very, very good for an AK. Better than my own Arsenal.

The other guns those red bastards make, I make no claim to have witnessed the quality of. But the AKs they made are amazing.

TR85.

Yeah, I'm not disputing the AK quality, I'm mainly referring to some of the questionable M-14s in the early days.

Though from what I hear, they've improved the quality on them.

We've even had a range report here recently, I think from Fluffy? About their version of the AR15. Fairly positive impressions.

The Norinco SKS has always had a decent reputation as well.

Now if you want to compare the SKS or AK to legit Russian AKs or SKSs of old, we might have to agree we'd rather own the Russian guns.

And the same more than likely holds true for their M14s, ARs, 1911s, etc...

But when you consider price, and the potential for availability... well, Norinco makes me wet.

Open them floodgates.
Don't even get me started on cheap ammo.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:32:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

With one banner ad on ARFCOM they could sell all they could produce...

The Canehdian price on their brand spankin' new SKS rifles is all of.... $189

Yeah, they'd have a HARD time keeping up with the demand with the prices they're asking.

Probably put a hell of a lot of Chinese to work though.

Too bad we can't crank shit like this out over here for those prices.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:33:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:33:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Meh...

Need chrono data, type of bullet and powder, gel tests.......box 'o truth even. Needs testing and tack in Ammo forum to have any cred at all.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:33:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:37:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

He was talking about the Zombie ammo.

D'oh!

How the hell did this thread get off on the Norinco tangent anyway???

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:38:57 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Meh...

Need chrono data, type of bullet and powder, gel tests.......box 'o truth even. Needs testing and tack in Ammo forum to have any cred at all.

For novelty purposes, such as "Break Glass in case of Zombie Apocalypse" man cave decor, we need none of that!

Shit we don't even need powder or primers, to be honest about it

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:39:11 AM EDT
[#29]
I'd be willing to have a Canuck send me an empty box, i just want it on the shelf.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:41:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:42:00 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I'd be willing to have a Canuck send me an empty box, i just want it on the shelf.

True enough, but those neon green tips kinda make it.

Think KaBar's line of Zombie Killer knives

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:42:17 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

There's a certain awesomeness to have legit weapons in a "In Case Of ______ Break Glass" box.

Word.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:55:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The quality of the late imported MAK-90s was unbeatable, Side by side with an Arsenal, I'd take the Norinco. We have both at my work, and the MAK-90 looks and feels much better, plus I can personally attest that they shoot very, very good for an AK. Better than my own Arsenal.

The other guns those red bastards make, I make no claim to have witnessed the quality of. But the AKs they made are amazing.

TR85.

Yeah, I'm not disputing the AK quality, I'm mainly referring to some of the questionable M-14s in the early days.

Though from what I hear, they've improved the quality on them.

We've even had a range report here recently, I think from Fluffy? About their version of the AR15. Fairly positive impressions.

The Norinco SKS has always had a decent reputation as well.

Now if you want to compare the SKS or AK to legit Russian AKs or SKSs of old, we might have to agree we'd rather own the Russian guns.

And the same more than likely holds true for their M14s, ARs, 1911s, etc...

But when you consider price, and the potential for availability... well, Norinco makes me wet.

Open them floodgates.

Don't even get me started on cheap ammo.

I've always found it interesting to ponder how cheaply the Chinese could produce copies of the Glock... I seriously could see them anywhere between $150 and $300 MSRP, depending on the finish used. Bet most parts, if not all, would be interchangeable.

But that'll never happen, of course.

I'd trust Norinco QC over Taurus QC. In Brazil, they don't shoot you for making a gun wrong.

TR85.

<–––––––––––––––––––––– Really wants a Winchester trench gun repro.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:59:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Meh...

A reputable manufacturer of quality ammo. I'm confident that Hornady did adequate research before creating a new line of ammo. You don't just certify something as Zombie ammo without taking out a few of the undead first. I'm in for a case of .223 and .308, ASAP.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 2:33:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I want

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:24:17 AM EDT
[#36]
looks like 55 grn TAP. That would be ideal for exploding zombie heads.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:30:31 AM EDT
[#37]
cool, but foolish.  all they had to do was advertise strictly on arfcom to sell all they could produce, selling faster than they could make it.  But by advertising elsewhere, the lawyers will be all over them soon enough.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:37:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:41:59 AM EDT
[#39]
I reload, but I'd love a box for my gun room.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 4:05:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 4:14:10 AM EDT
[#41]
i'min for 9mm and 7.62x39
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 4:14:21 AM EDT
[#42]
I need 5k rounds, STAT!

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 4:15:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That... Is... Awesome...

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 4:27:29 AM EDT
[#44]
You could make a hell of a business selling those boxes
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 4:32:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Someone should do a zombie kit.  Box of zombie bullets, one of those zombie hunting licenses, and a knife or axe of some sort.  I'd buy one just for the novelty of it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 4:55:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Remember guys, due to rule # 2, this ammo is actually twice as expensive per zombie. That box is only good for 10 kills.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:03:32 AM EDT
[#47]
I guess this definitively answers the "what's the best round for zombies" debate...

A word on Norinco M-1A's:  their receivers are some of the finest made,  being forged and closer to mil-spec in most cases than Springfield or Fulton "cast" M-1A receivers.   (The military M-14 Springfield, et al receivers were forged, not cast).   Their barrels and bolts aren't so hot and often need to be swapped out with American parts, then fitted by a competent armorer.  But the receivers on these are excellent.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:34:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I guess this definitively answers the "what's the best round for zombies" debate...

A word on Norinco M-1A's:  their receivers are some of the finest made,  being forged and closer to mil-spec in most cases than Springfield or Fulton "cast" M-1A receivers.   (The military M-14 Springfield, et al receivers were forged, not cast).   Their barrels and bolts aren't so hot and often need to be swapped out with American parts, then fitted by a competent armorer.  But the receivers on these are excellent.

Norinco doesn't make an M1A. Never have.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:35:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Norinco doesn't make an M1A. Never have.

M14S
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:35:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Need more details on the zombie certification process.

Does Hornady offer some manner of warranty?  As of yet, they have not been very forthcoming.

I'm curious about the yellow-tipped projectiles.  Are they specifically engineered to obtain maximum expansion in partially-decomposed flesh?  For that matter, are they sub-sonic (think suppressor, Hollywood quiet), or especially hot, to promote over-penetration, thereby maximizing the hoard-thinning capabilities per round?  Will various bullet weights be offered?  i.e.- Will there only be 55gr., for use in a 1:7, 11.5", with Eotech, or 62 or 75 gr. projectiles for long range work?  

Since Hornady is finally taking this niche of gun owners seriously, they would be well-served to put some of this engineering to use in developing both 7.62x51mm, and 12ga. rounds.  Anything else would be boutique, but these cover the basics of most essential firearms.  I'm not too concerned about handgun ammo at the moment, as the purpose of these yellow-tip ammo seems to be specifically that of keeping zombies out of anything near handgun range.

There are a lot of unknowns with this new product.  A lot of other ammo, that is already widely available at many brick and mortar retailers in the U.S., will do the job sufficiently.  Hornady needs to demonstrate to me, the consumer, how this exotic round is what I want in my magazines when the zombie apocalypse occurs.  I have no problem paying a little extra if this is definitely the best tool for the job, but I'm not going to throw away money on some BS marketing hype.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top