User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 9/27/2011 6:30:23 PM EDT
4 more days, guys. 4 more days.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#1]

I played for a few rounds earlier today.   You get to play on one map with one type of game. No vehicles.  I may get the game. It seems pretty good as far as the weapons go.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Where is the DL link on the site?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
link?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Says not available till 9.29
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That's what I got too....

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

So who is playing it? I'm almost done with my DL as I type and can't wait to play it.

Link where you got it?

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Did you have to pre-order it to get early access to the beta?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#9]
pre-ordered off Origin but no links to dl beta. 29th the soonest ?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I believe this is the case.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been playing all day
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe this is the case.

Yes, open beta starts 29th.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You had to pre-order it by the 25.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You had to pre-order it by the 25.

Thanks for the info.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Already played the alpha. does anyone know if its smoother than the alpha?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
So who is playing it? I'm almost done with my DL as I type and can't wait to play it.

Link where you got it?

If you pre-ordered through Origin or had MOH Limited Edition you can play in the Open Beta 48 hours early. I pre-ordered.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I played it a bit on PS3 a couple hours ago. Didn't exactly grab me... I may just be a MW3 Nub. I can accept that. But I suppose the actual battlefield is supposed to offer much, much more?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I downloaded that stupid origin to play it but for some reason it will not open for me, any suggestions??.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I downloaded that stupid origin to play it but for some reason it will not open for me, any suggestions??.

Do you have early Beta access? If so, click on the gear icon, go to redeem code (EA should have emailed you one), copy pasta, and DL.

EA servers were slow as shit earlier so here is a torrent for the beta that requires a key: http://bit.ly/oHv07X
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have early Beta access? If so, click on the gear icon, go to redeem code (EA should have emailed you one), copy pasta, and DL.

EA servers were slow as shit earlier so here is a torrent for the beta that requires a key: http://bit.ly/oHv07X

I do have the early access but the problem is origin is just not opening.  I downloaded it and the icon is on my desktop but when I double click on it nothing happens.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 8:55:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I do have the early access but the problem is origin is just not opening.  I downloaded it and the icon is on my desktop but when I double click on it nothing happens.

Reinstall. I had to once I had beta DL'd and installed. And run as administrator.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Graphics are badass.
Guns are pretty sweet.

But I don't give a flying fuck what the ground situation is......gimme my fucking attack helos.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Graphics are badass.
Guns are pretty sweet.

But I don't give a flying fuck what the ground situation is......gimme my fucking attack helos.

I always liked shooting down other helicopters in BF2 with the anti tank missile as the gunner.  I got planes a few times as well.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:08:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Just looked in my email and I got an early beta invite!  But it's for PS3 not PC...
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:11:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Graphics are badass.
Guns are pretty sweet.

I always liked shooting down other helicopters in BF2 with the anti tank missile as the gunner.  I got planes a few times as well.

Shit, that's all we did to other helos in BF2 was use camera-missiles, barely bothered with the gun.  Had to have a good driver though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:12:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

It is MUCH worse than the alpha.

MUCH MUCH MUCH WORSE THAN THE ALPHA!

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Graphics are badass.
Guns are pretty sweet.

I've downed many helos in BF2 and BFBC2 with a tank. I once downed a jet in BF2 with a tank, but he was flying really low to the ground trying to bomb me, lol. Needless to say he was pissed, I got called all sorts of names.

Honestly though, if it's anything like BFBC2, where you do a mag dump in someones back and they turn around and fire one shot and you're down, EA can suck it. Too many hax out there anymore.

My buddy was playing the Alpha and was amazed at the crap that was going on, so I googled "Hax for BF3" and wasn't really surpirsed at the amount of sites with hax for it already.

Maybe when it goes on sale for $5 I'll buy it for the SP but that's about it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

How so?  Laggy?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm hearing from friends its 45 people in queue to get into each server. Fuck that
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How so?  Laggy?

I had the exact opposite experience... graphics look better, no disconnects/crashes, the game feels a lot smoother, you can actually bind keys and alter sensitivity.

i5 2500k @ 4.2 ghz

460GTX

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How so?  Laggy?

Crazy lag.

Looks worse.

Crashes all the time. (never did before).

Fall through the map.

Can shoot through rocks.

Blow over a tree with a single grenade (2+ foot diameter)... And the tree blows sideways for 5 feet first...

Weapons do not look or function correctly for what they are calling them.

Precision rifles optics look like a car's high beam when they are facing in your general direction.

Fall through the map all the time (never happened before...)

HUGE trees can be blown down with 1 grenade (2+ foot diameter) and they fly sideways before they fall.

Laser sights shine to the left a few feet yet bullets magically impact in the center...

Laser beam is visible... <- this alone almost makes me want to cancel my preorder! How fucking stupid do you have to be to fuck up something like that.

Laser being pointed in your general direction makes your screen go red... Lasers are coherent light, and I HIGHLY doubt they are aiming EXACTLY at your eyes.

There is more and more.

Pros:

squad spawn works

That is all I can think of.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 10:01:46 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How so?  Laggy?

Crazy lag.

Looks worse.

Fall through the map.

Can shoot through rocks.

Blow over a tree with a single grenade (2+ foot diameter)... And the tree blows sideways for 5 feet first...

Precision rifles optics look like a car's high beam when they are facing in your general direction.

HUGE trees can be blown down with 1 grenade (2+ foot diameter) and they fly sideways before they fall.

Laser sights shine to the left a few feet yet bullets magically impact in the center...

Laser beam is visible... <- this alone almost makes me want to cancel my preorder! How fucking stupid do you have to be to fuck up something like that.

Laser being pointed in your general direction makes your screen go red... Lasers are coherent light, and I HIGHLY doubt they are aiming EXACTLY at your eyes.

There is more and more.

Pros:

squad spawn works

This isn't a simulator. Go play Arma if that's what you want, I actually enjoyed the new dynamic of the weapon lights. It's blinding/dazzling at close range but gives you away at longer ranges. I feel that they should tweak it so that it's useless outside in the sunlight, but that's it.

The ground bugs are pretty frustrating, but it looks like they might open Caspian Border, I saw they were testing it tonight.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#33]
PW for the Caspian Border map is: Appletini

This game is dope. I just threw in a new GTX 560 today and DAMN! It looks really good.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
SNIP

This isn't a simulator. Go play Arma if that's what you want, I actually enjoyed the new dynamic of the weapon lights. It's blinding/dazzling at close range but gives you away at longer ranges. I feel that they should tweak it so that it's useless outside in the sunlight, but that's it.

The ground bugs are pretty frustrating, but it looks like they might open Caspian Border, I saw they were testing it tonight.

I play arma II all the time!

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
PW for the Caspian Border map is: Appletini

This game is dope. I just threw in a new GTX 560 today and DAMN! It looks really good.

what server?
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

How so?  Laggy?

Crazy lag.
Looks worse.
Fall through the map.
Can shoot through rocks.

There is more and more.

Pros:
squad spawn works

Only getting lag on foreign servers
Looks great
Hasn't crashed yet in 6 hours of playing
Falling through the map is a known glitch and hence the reason it's an open beta
Haven't seen the shooting through rocks yet
Haven't seen any trees blow sideways....they blow straight up a little as a result of the explosion and then fall right over
They made the sniper's scopes bright on purpose after a lot of complaints from BF2, they even said they were going to do this
I saw the laser beam thing as well and it's pretty retarded, that I agree

Make sure you make a list of things that are wrong and send to them so they can work on it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:45:16 AM EDT
[#37]
I was finally able to get in and I do like the game.  I will agree with the lights but if people want to make themselves targets why not let them.  I have not gotten a light yet are they on all the time?? I guess there are disadvantages to any perk.  I think the best part about them (the lights) is the drawbacks and the simple fact that they do realisticaly make you a target as much as they blind your opponent at close ranges.  I especially like the sound in the game they really upped the realism with this,
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:43:34 AM EDT
[#38]
I played for an hour yesterday, wasn't really a fan of the map, a bit to linear and no vehicles.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:04:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

How so?  Laggy?

Crazy lag.
Looks worse.
Fall through the map.
Can shoot through rocks.

There is more and more.

Pros:
squad spawn works

I'll echo these points, but I didn't notice tree thing and did notice clipping through more than just rocks. This is worse than the Alpha thus far!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:25:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's surprisingly similar other then some stats changes and a few small tweaks to the map, graphics and equipment and stuff appears unchanged.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:29:39 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a beta TEST.  The only people I see bitching are those who consider this a game demo.  It isn't.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:30:15 AM EDT
[#42]
For now, if you want to play Caspian Border, the password is videokilledtheradiostar.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:31:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Christ its in beta, this is standard SOP for this developer to leave it rough for beta and polish it up on release.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:33:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Christ its in beta, this is standard SOP for this developer to leave it rough for beta and polish it up on release.

God I hope so, the 360 build is buggy as fuck. It's rediculously fun (most satisfying weapon balance I've ever had in a game) but buggy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:06:42 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

It's a beta TEST.  The only people I see bitching are those who consider this a game demo.  It isn't.

People like that are sooo funny Game betas are fun, but buggy as hell. Sometimes they turn out to be good games, other times not so much. For some reason I don't do so well with the Battlefield series game engine, but I tried the MoH beta and the BF3 alpha. Didn't bother buying MoH. If I don't enjoy gameplay in the beta, I'm not likely to bother buying the game. OTOH, the World of Tanks beta was a blast and I'm still playing. We'll see how BF3 goes.

Although considering how many games(and other software for that matter) are released in a condition that is pretty much a beta anyway(and sometimes never fixed properly!), I don't know why people would bitch so much

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

considering how many games(and other software for that matter) are released in a condition that is pretty much a beta anyway(and sometimes never fixed properly!), I don't know why people would bitch so much

DICE is especially bad about releasing unfinished games.  They did so with Bad Company 2.  I fully expect BF3 to be buggy, crash, have framerate and lag issues, etc., but I'll still play it because, even with all of its problems, it's fun as hell.  Just like BC2 was.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I played for an hour yesterday, wasn't really a fan of the map, a bit to linear and no vehicles.

yeah, its the open beta.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#48]
WTF I have XP, it said Vista or 7
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#49]
By the way for those of you just firing it up:

When playing as support, the IAR has the Heavy Barrel option on by default. If you turn that off if becoms much more controlable under autofire (The in game blurb notes that its paired with heavier match ammo, thus more recoil).

The Shotgun is freaking god-like at close quarters, and the spread and damage drop off is the best I've ever seen modeled in a game.

You can turn your laser sights and tactical lights on and off. On the Xbox its up on the dpad. You can also toggle your fire mode with the Dpad, but I don't remember which direction you push off the top of my head. The M16A4 in semi-auto is a beast if you can place your shots.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
WTF I have XP, it said Vista or 7

Newer versions of Direct X aren't availible on XP.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top