BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#1]
got 8 kills in a row in the subway! then the game crashed figures
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I reported a repeatable crash on the 360 the other day. Im not 100% on the circumstances, but it seems like if you are crouched and under suppression as the Support kit, and try to pull out C4, it will hard-lock the client. The lock will occur just as the "drawing" animation for pulling out the C4 completes.

I managed to get it to happen 3 times, but Im not completely sure of the circumstances.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Help from the youngsters, again....
I have just got up to speed on Steam (Thanks to ARFCOM's yutes).  Now I downloaded Origin and the BF3 Beta.  When I tried to start it up, it looks like there wasn't a single player mode choice.  Is that correct?
Thanks from an old guy...
ETA:  I also get a message I need to download a plug in.  

Download and install the latest Browser Plugin to play the game.

What is Origin?  Is it like Steam?  Is the BF3 Beta only playable through Origin?

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Beta is multiplayer only. Origin is EA's version of steam. The browser plugin you need to download is for Battlefield 3, which uses a strange web interface for server browsing.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Beta is multiplayer only.

Thanks.  I guess I get the better players are not going to be liking my lack of skills

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Beta is multiplayer only.

Thanks.  I guess I get the better players are not going to be liking my lack of skills

Don't worry about it, everybodies a newb at this point!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#7]
played the xbox beta for a few rounds before i picked up the kids.  i'm not a gamer, by any stretch.  but i enjoyed it.  had a few glitches, but i expect that with the beta.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Add me on Battlelog: Sch1ndlersFist
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Updating my video driver as I type...
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I just like the "crab walk" glitch.... first time i saw it i litterally FREAKED out.  made me think of F.E.A.R.  of course i got killed.. and he killed me a good 4-5 more times that match.  it was also cool watching him go throw and shoot rocks as well as "float" about 2 seet of the ground in some spots.  how is it alpha was good yet beta is ALL screwed up.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Here I go........................................................
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, this thing definately needs some work. I think I've been killed more by the holes in the level geometry around the first objective than by enemy fire at this point.

Also, the weird bouncing effect when you get behind some of the cover is a pain in the ass. Makes your reticle bloom like mad.

Once your in the tunnels though, its shotgun homicide time. I've also seen some pretty skilled use of suppression there as well.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got no sound.  How do you configure the keyboard?  Is there a keyboard map?  Got killed twice just stumbling around in the subway.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've got no sound.  How do you configure the keyboard?  Is there a keyboard map?  Got killed twice just stumbling around in the subway.  

You can only edit key functions in game once you have spawned in. Everyone should update all graphics and sound drivers before playing. And use the 285.xx beta drivers if you have Nvidia.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#16]
If the beta is open to everyone what was the point of buying MOH?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If the beta is open to everyone what was the point of buying MOH?

Early beta access. 48 hours of it to be exact.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Join the AR15.com platoon and let's see how the platoon system works.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can only edit key functions in game once you have spawned in. Everyone should update all graphics and sound drivers before playing. And use the 285.xx beta drivers if you have Nvidia.

How do you edit once you've spawned?

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

hit esc it will bring up the menu
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#21]
It keeps crashing on me after just a few minutes.

Otherwise it's great.  

ETA:It's also nearly impossible to find a server with a free slot.

ETA2:Finally got to play a few rounds without any crashes or being kicked from the server.  It's glitchy as can be.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I was playing on PS3 this morning. It's pretty good. A little glitchy though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I like it so far other than the bugs, but it is a BETA. I have fun with it. I just wish the BETA was hardcore!!! I really like that fact that you can deploy a bi-pod and make your m249 a mounted gun.. thats pretty cool.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Got it for 360. Took me about ten minutes to get in a game and it wasn't bad. Definately a couple bugs to be worked out but I think I like it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Will it work on Windows NT?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Will it work on Windows NT?

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I think it blows compared to Bad Company 2

they took a perfectly good game and said, "how can we make the next one more like COD and less like BF''

I even heard all the middle schoolers that COD tends to attract on there

I am disappointed.

If they would have taken the same engine of B2 and added new single player, multiplayer maps, guns, vehicls, and improved the graphics it would have been perfect. It's like they wiped the board and started from scratch

Edit: I quoted you bc I just played about an hour on PS3.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hit esc it will bring up the menu

Good luck. I couldn't get anything left of the right shift key to bind.  Oh, and you have about 35 secs to try and accomplish it before you get killed.

I'm going to wait until until the full release and read reviews. Life's too short to fight this shit, and I understand the whole purpose of the beta is to test shit, I just don't have the motivation.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#29]
90% away from trying it out for the first time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Eye candy:

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#32]
DT...

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#33]

It's Caspian Border, its in the locked servers. Hopefully dice will release it in the next few days for the masses. This map is what battlefiled is in essence. Not that corridor shooter Metro. And cheer up, I know you're an old guy . The game does take a little getting used to, even for me, and I'm experienced.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it blows compared to Bad Company 2

they took a perfectly good game and said, "how can we make the next one more like COD and less like BF''

I even heard all the middle schoolers that COD tends to attract on there

I am disappointed.

If they would have taken the same engine of B2 and added new single player, multiplayer maps, guns, vehicls, and improved the graphics it would have been perfect. It's like they wiped the board and started from scratch

Edit: I quoted you bc I just played about an hour on PS3.

It looks like dick on console but fucking fantastic on PC.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

It's Caspian Border, its in the locked servers. Hopefully dice will release it in the next few days for the masses. This map is what battlefiled is in essence. Not that corridor shooter Metro. And cheer up, I know you're an old guy . The game does take a little getting used to, even for me, and I'm experienced.

I'm used to just the single player mode.  I did play Desert Combat online and belonged to a group there (A few years ago)..  I just got started on Steam and I've gotten used to that.  I'll probably buy through Steam when it's available.  Origin is a little different, but I'll keep plugging away at it.  Thanks for the encouragement.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:32:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm used to just the single player mode.  I did play Desert Combat online and belonged to a group there (A few years ago)..  I just got started on Steam and I've gotten used to that.  I'll probably buy through Steam when it's available.  Origin is a little different, but I'll keep plugging away at it.  Thanks for the encouragement.

EA told Steam to fuck off and won't sell any EA titles on steam
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Stupid. I love the Battlefield series, and it seriously pains me to see this garbage. I hated everything about it. The goddamn snipers have a fucking bat signal!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:36:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Stupid. I love the Battlefield series, and it seriously pains me to see this garbage. I hated everything about it. The goddamn snipers have a fucking bat signal!!!!!!!!!!

Again, this was done on purpose and they even said they were going to do it when the game was first mentioned as coming out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Need Vista to run it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

A bat signal? What?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bat signal? What?

ha ha ha ha I love it I see the sniper before he sees me and i blast him with my M249
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm for it. Everyone and there mother just sits in bushes and snipe the whole goddamn round, contributing nothing to the team. With everyone sniping objectives aren't being taken. I still think they should just limit snipers to 2 per team.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:42:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bat signal? What?

ha ha ha ha I love it I see the sniper before he sees me and i blast him with my M249

Does he have something over him that identifies him as a sniper?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bat signal? What?

They have scope glint. You can see the sun refracting light off their scopes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bat signal? What?

Sniper scopes have horrible amounts of glint from the sun, showing you where they are.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bat signal? What?

Sniper scopes have horrible amounts of glint from the sun, showing you where they are.

Guess I am saving myself a ton of $ by not upgrading the PC and getting Vista.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

As a dc vet myself you'll enjoy the game a lot more and die a lot less quickly when you play the conquest maps. Vehicles make the game 100x better.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#48]
If you want to play Caspian border, the password is:

shoppingcartsareagoodride

Not joking.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#49]
no workie, which server?

Quoted:

If you want to play Caspian border, the password is:

shoppingcartsareagoodride

Not joking.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top