Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not uncommon.  See them outside all sorts of stores.  Usually buying things in bulk for thier department and/or unit.  Hell, sometimes visiting units will call around to see if a local business can fill a need because if it can be done that way, they will.

On a Sunday?

I'm glad the morality police are here...
Why don't you just mind your own business OP?

MY FUCKING TAX DOLLARS, THAT'S WHY!  

I couldn't give a shit care less if it was anyone else.

But when the average person might wonder if the vehicle was really being used for "official business", I take notice.

So because you pay "FUCKING TAX DOLLARS" you feel that you have the right to judge solely based on the fact that on a Sunday you saw a Gov't tagged vehicle parked in sporting goods parking lot?

herpin and derpin eh?

I worked yesterday, driving my government owned vehicle around, you know the ones, government tags, government markings.  Maybe that was my van he's referring to here, and yet he's flippin his shit because he pays "Fucking tax dollars."  I wonder if he realizes how little his precious tax dollars contributes to that vehicle.  My tax dollars, your tax dollars, his tax dollars, when it all boils down to it, he paid for $0.0000000001 of that van, so I can understand him being upset.  That may be a lot of money for him.  I think we should all just bow out and let him vent some more.

Your attitude about my tax dollars is exactly why our economy is in the condition it is in.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not uncommon.  See them outside all sorts of stores.  Usually buying things in bulk for thier department and/or unit.  Hell, sometimes visiting units will call around to see if a local business can fill a need because if it can be done that way, they will.

On a Sunday?

But when the average person might wonder if the vehicle was really being used for "official business", I take notice.

How about buying foam ear plugs or gun oil to keep training.

MYOB while we train to defend the country

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 5:44:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On a Sunday?

So because you pay "FUCKING TAX DOLLARS" you feel that you have the right to judge solely based on the fact that on a Sunday you saw a Gov't tagged vehicle parked in sporting goods parking lot?

herpin and derpin eh?

I worked yesterday, driving my government owned vehicle around, you know the ones, government tags, government markings.  Maybe that was my van he's referring to here, and yet he's flippin his shit because he pays "Fucking tax dollars."  I wonder if he realizes how little his precious tax dollars contributes to that vehicle.  My tax dollars, your tax dollars, his tax dollars, when it all boils down to it, he paid for $0.0000000001 of that van, so I can understand him being upset.  That may be a lot of money for him.  I think we should all just bow out and let him vent some more.

Your attitude about my tax dollars is exactly why our economy is in the condition it is in.

Your attitude about a vehicle parked in a parking lot on a Sunday is exactly why people are in this thread making fun of you.  So what?  What's your point?  I'm a .Gov employee, and I work on Sundays.  A lot of my business takes me to shopping centers.  You wanna pitch a little hissy fit about that too sunshine?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been working Sunday and used a .gov vehicle to pick up stuff in town. Tools, parts and such.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

On a Sunday?

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Isn't Scheels the sporting goods store with a Ferris Wheel inside? Or is it only the one in Springfield, IL?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ATF inspection of all the guns on display busy transferring guns to drug runners .

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#9]
OP should stop while he is behind...
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#10]
FBI checking out their young wimmenz.  After all, FBI doesn't stand for Free Booze Inside.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#11]
National guard or reservists on their weekend buying supplies...
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a group of military that were going to be in town for a few days call me last year.  They needed ear impressions for 40, or so, members.  They could have used the base audiologist to do the impressions but, in the words of the NCO involved, they wanted to spend money in the community when they could.  It was offered that if it would interfere with my normal business that they were willing to work with me if I was able to work with them...as in, come in on a day I was normally closed (sat/sun).  Luckily, it was a slow week and I was able to see them all over a couple of days during the week...otherwise I would have been happy to open up Sunday to assist them.

I was glad to help them, though I prefer doing impressions for folks, locally, since sometimes something makes an ear impression inadequate for it's intended use.  Which means that sometimes I have to re-do them.  Much easier to do that then when you're dealing with a traveling Army band.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
FBI checking out their young wimmenz.  After all, FBI doesn't stand for Free Booze Inside.

Yeah, the booze thing is a myth...it's boobs.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I wish my tags were good till 2018
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#15]
OP this is probably going to blow your mind.. but maybe 1/3 of the vehicles I see on my daily commute have FOUO gov plates.

Of course they're all on their way back home by 4 pm
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Just so the OP knows, this is the fiscal year end close out week for the federal government.  It's the last week to spend fiscal year 2011 money.  There is lots of Uncle Sugar's money being spent this week all over the government.  As a former resource advisor and purchaser for my last unit, it was quite normal to see me driving GOVs to retail stores all over town all the time during the year executing my commander's spend plan.  During fiscal year end close out week, if I wasn't glued to my desk working budget, internet purchase, or contracting issues, I was living in the stores like most American's do on Black Friday.  It's a busy week for those in uniform who deal with money in any way, shape or form.  To be honest, I'm surprised you haven't seen more GOVs around at retail stores this week.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I used to work at a sporting goods store.  At least one federal agency stopped by and cleaned out our stock of 9mm FMJ and 5.56 every couple months.  They would buy ammo by the pallet.  OP needs to mind his own business and stop making assumptions.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#18]
That looks like Sioux Falls, SD.  

And hey OP, from my time in the military, let me tell ya what, we work on the weekends as well....

Thanks, appreciate it.  Really, thanks!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 10:06:17 PM EDT
[#19]
MYOB

Government wastes tons of money.  The worst of it you will never see or know about.  Chasing down and hassling some recruiter for something like this is insane and lame.  That is if this is waste and not something legit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I wonder if people whine that much when we park a fire truck in front of Walmart?

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's the "Farm Use" vehicles parked in front of Best Buy that get me

My tractor needed a new cd player

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top