Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2011 11:12:03 AM EDT
and is there any difference between the tasers that shoot the barb or the ones you contact by touching
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:13:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes; big differences, but you get used to it
Speed
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I had the electrodes alligator clipped to my waistband and ankle. I've been told the barbs are not as bad, as the clips have to put out more of a pulse to jump to your skin through your clothes. I dunno, just can speak to the clips. IT SUCKS!

My buddy has a great analogy; He said, "It feels like someone is hittting you, in the small of your back, as hard as they can with a baseball bat, a million times a second".

Yep

Longest 5 seconds of my damn life.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Taser and stun gun are not the same device (although you can also use a taser by contact)

Have you ever had a nasty muscle cramp?  That in every major muscle.

The last guy I saw tased ended up flopping around on the ground like a fish.  He was flailing his left arm and kept slapping his ass.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#5]
i have noticed while watching cop shows on tv that some people are not effected
by the shock,have any of you leo guys seen this in person
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:25:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I would like to be tased but I don't want to be arrested.

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Meh.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#8]

It's been a long time since we've had a good tazing video.

Step out of the car ma'am.

No, you can't tell me that...

Step out of the car ma;am.

Screw you.  I don't have to get out of the car.

Step out of the car ma'am or I'm going to have to taze you.

You can't taze me!  I can do whatev...

BZZZZZZTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOHHHOOOOWWWWOOOOOHHHHHWWWWWOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#9]
tickles.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

its not that they are immune to electricity its just that the barbs did not make contact which is a very common problem.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:31:15 AM EDT
[#11]
feels stunning  
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

its not that they are immune to electricity its just that the barbs did not make contact which is a very common problem.
i remember seeing an episode of cops where i guy was shot with barbs and he just reached up and pulled them out and kept comming

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's a small comparrison experiment.. Take your your gas powered lawnmower  pull the plug wire. Grasp the plug wire in one hand, and grasp the spark plug tip in your other. Have a friend yank the pull cord... You will imediately feel the need to let go of what your holding,but will be unable to. Untill you ride out the pulse cycle.

Caveat.. Darwinism can appear at any time in our lives...Just sayin...
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#14]
It's a game changing experience.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's been a long time since we've had a good tazing video.

Step out of the car ma'am.

No, you can't tell me that...

Step out of the car ma;am.

Screw you.  I don't have to get out of the car.

Step out of the car ma'am or I'm going to have to taze you.

You can't taze me!  I can do whatev...

BZZZZZZTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOHHHOOOOWWWWOOOOOHHHHHWWWWWOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I'M 76 YEARS OLD!

bawahaha, that video is awesome

ETA- If tazing is anything like a cattle fence, it sucks. I bent over next to a fence to dump a bucket of feed and hot myself in the forehead. Felt like someone kicked me in the face and boxed my ears at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Here's a small comparrison experiment.. Take your your gas powered lawnmower  pull the plug wire. Grasp the plug wire in one hand, and grasp the spark plug tip in your other. Have a friend yank the pull cord... You will imediately feel the need to let go of what your holding,but will be unable to. Untill you ride out the pulse cycle.

Yeah, I was going to suggest something with a neon sign transformer, but I guess that has the potential to be unsafe.  

I have never been tased, but I imagine that it feels something like the time a 15kV NST "bit" me for a second.  

Humorous tase video of the day
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:36:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Full
Body
Cramp

Also, if the leads are not touching your skin real well, you get some awesome burns out of the deal.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#18]
It was absolutely the most painful five seconds of my life. I had one barb taped to my right ankle, and one taped to the top of my left shoulder. There are things that have hurt me worse, only because they lasted longer, but that was absolutely the most painful five seconds I have ever experienced. I have seen many many people tased on the street, and never have i seen anyone who took a direct hit fight through it. If the probes don't make good contact, they can push through it. If both probes make good contact, they are done.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I had the electrodes alligator clipped to my waistband and ankle. I've been told the barbs are not as bad, as the clips have to put out more of a pulse to jump to your skin through your clothes. I dunno, just can speak to the clips. IT SUCKS!

My buddy has a great analogy; He said, "It feels like someone is hittting you, in the small of your back, as hard as they can with a baseball bat, a million times a second".

Yep

I never knew 5 seconds could feel like eternity, someone should start using them for religious analogies

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 12:00:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

i remember seeing an episode of cops where i guy was shot with barbs and he just reached up and pulled them out and kept comming

I had one guy take a hit, he paused for a second and then ripped the barbs out and continues coming.  He overcame the taser.  He was unable to overcome the nightstick.
PCP is a hell of a drug.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of the barbs might have stuck on the guy's clothes, especially if he was wearing a jacket, sweater, etc.  If the barbs are too close together, you can retain some motor skills and kind of walk, move your arms and other stuff but it still sucks.  A good taze with both barbs sticking in and spread far enough apart, there is no fighting it, it's an involuntary reaction.

For the OP, it feels like a jack hammer is working your back for about 5 seconds.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#23]
For those saying "I saw a guy one time..." stories:  Tasers are not always effective on some people, but it's not because the technology or science behind it didn't work.  It can be for a number of reasons;  bad probe connection, weak battery, heavy clothing, insufficient probe spread, Taser malfunction, etc.  If the Taser is working properly, the probes make good contact, and have an adequate spread, it will work.  The beauty of the Taser is that the pain is just a side effect––it's not what makes a person 'lock up.'  The Taser pulses at roughly the same frequency as the neural pathways, and affects your body on that level––you can't 'fight through it' (assuming all of the above worked correctly), because it is an invouluntary reaction.  Muscular guys, skinny guys, fat guys––it all works the same.  The pain is just a bonus to make the bad guy want to stop resisting.

As far as whether the Taser will work when you want it to...we have had a lot of Tasers break or malfunction.  We replace them frequently.  The seem a little too fragile.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 12:27:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I took the full 5 second ride after being shot with the darts when I did the course for my certification.  One dart hit me in the middle of my lower back.  The other dart hit me in my right shoulder.

The pain was like....  one of those "Finish Him!!!" moves in Mortal Kombat or something...  picture someone punching you in the small of the back so hard that they burst through the flesh, grab your spinal column and rip it out.  That's what it felt like to me.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of the barbs might have stuck on the guy's clothes, especially if he was wearing a jacket, sweater, etc.  If the barbs are too close together, you can retain some motor skills and kind of walk, move your arms and other stuff but it still sucks.  A good taze with both barbs sticking in and spread far enough apart, there is no fighting it, it's an involuntary reaction.

For the OP, it feels like a jack hammer is working your back for about 5 seconds.  

the guy was not wearing a shirt and the barbs stuck in him, maybe the gun malfunctioned i dont know how one can be impervious to electrical shock

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#26]
It hurts, feels like you are getting punched in the back by a boxer with electrified gloves on and you CANNOT move.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a segment of the population who are more used to being shocked. They deal with it better. There is a segment who are just tough, intense, motivated and/or mentally deranged. They deal with it better. Some drugs allow you to shrug some of the effect.

It's still, on average, a very effective and injury saving device.

Nothing is 100%. Try using pepper spray on an indian or mexican who is used to eating habenero peppers like popcorn.

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Here's a small comparrison experiment.. Take your your gas powered lawnmower pull the plug wire. Grasp the plug wire in one hand, and grasp the spark plug tip in your other. Have a friend yank the pull cord... You will imediately feel the need to let go of what your holding,but will be unable to. Untill you ride out the pulse cycle.

That's one hell of a lot more amps than a taser.

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#29]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Px_N2WLE1yo

HOLY SHIT. Check this one out.

Lesson learned. If you're tasing something that's really a bad mother fucker, you better get him under control before you're done tasing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#30]
FEELS GOD DAMN GOOD!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Not as bad as a large neon transformer, that one I blacked out and ended up across the room.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Don't know about tasers but you know those shock collars they make for hunting dogs? They'll make your leg stop working properly for several minutes at settings well below the maximum level. Got stupid with my cousin and we used one on each other once.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep

I never knew 5 seconds could feel like eternity, someone should start using them for religious analogies

Yup, I sounded like an evil tea kettle, could only get out a weak, "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee", and could only move my wrists, that was it. In my head I was saying, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, fuckfuckfuckfuckturnitthefuckoff!"
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If the target is not reacting, the probes missed.  No one is immune to electricity.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep

I counted, it was seven.

Watching the video later, I heard our secretary/camerawoman giggling the whole time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

the guy was not wearing a shirt and the barbs stuck in him, maybe the gun malfunctioned i dont know how one can be impervious to electrical shock

I remember seeing that many many years ago. He was high on PCP or something if I remember right
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#38]
In a pistol course I took the instructor initiated the drill by hitting us with a taser.  Must've been a weak one because it I just got a little spasm in my arm.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Nothing is 100%. Try using pepper spray on an indian or mexican who is used to eating habenero peppers like popcorn.
[/div]

I work with a guy who will eat ghost chilis like that. Takes about 3 peppers for him to show a reaction. He does say that later in the day he gets severe stomach cramps if he eats them and no other food with them though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:31:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Can anyone compare it to being waterboarded? Longest1.5 seconds of my life
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Taser=suck

OC Spray= big suck
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#43]
electrifying.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 3:58:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Lessee...

I have pissed on an electric fence. Pretty bad, but I am thinking there might have been a lot of weeds knocking the charge down.

Cattle prod - They burn sometimes. Still not close to a TASER.

Stun guns - They're a joke. I used to piss off people selling them ALL the time. I'd play dumb, zap myself and start flopping, then quit, say, meh, and walk off. No one I have ever gotten to take a pop off of their own stun gun has ever continued carrying one. All they are good for is enraging someone.

Stun shield - same as a stun gun. Looks kewl, though.

110V (your wall socket) - Gets your attention, quickly.

Lightbar strobe - wow. Them bite very badly, leave you ringing for awhile.

277V - Worst thing ever bit me. Ever.

TASER - I was alligatored shoelace and beltloop. Very impressive. I was locked up, could NOT force myself to move, at all. Afterwards, I was sore as a sumbitch, and got a cross shaped bruise on the top of my foot for my troubles.

other things...

CN (grenade)- meh

CS - itch you to death

OC - I got sprayed many, many times. The best one was in the Academy. I got hit with bear guard. It was supposed to be a little shush, but the cadet that hit me... boy. They said take a deep breath, when I did, she thought it was go time. In my eyes, in my nose, in my mouth, raining from my ears. I was burnt, just like being on the lake all day.

I need to do a bean bag and a pepperball. I always told people when I volunteered for all this shit, I do it so when someone tries to sue me for using it on them, I can tell them to man the fuck up...

Shawn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top