Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 149
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 2:35:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By DaveyDug:
When I was in college, I used to ride the bus to my grandmother's house once in awhile and stay the weekend.  It was nice for me to get a chance to sit and talk to her, and it also gave me an opportunity to help her out with odd jobs around the house like changing light bulbs, putting screens in the windows, etc.  

She lived (and still does) alone with no pets in a two story bungalow-style house.  I always slept in the same place-upstairs and in the bedroom all the way at the end of the hallway.  Not sure why that was always my spot, since she has two other empty bedrooms, but that's the one I always used.  The bedroom is T-shaped, with the head of the bed at the top center of the "T" facing the "leg".  The door to the room is positioned in the right side of the top of the "T" if you're laying in bed on your back.    

Anyway, I had been up late watching TV, long after my grandma was asleep in her room.  I was getting sleepy at around 2AM and decided to call it a night.  I climbed the stairs, walked down the hallway, and covered up in bed.  I lay awake for longer than I expected to, but was finally just starting to doze when I heard it.

Something starting tapping on the carpeted floor at the opposite end of the room.  It literally sounded like someone had crouched down and was rapidly and rhythmically drumming their hand on the floor.  I immediately froze, my body tensing up, listening to what my logical mind kept trying to insist was either my imagination, or was coming from somewhere outside the room.  It wasn't.  The house was quiet, with the exception of that continual tapping coming from several feet past the foot of my bed.  

The room was far too dark to see anything, but I was too afraid to try and get out of bed and make it to the light switch.  Finally the tapping stopped, and I lay there still not moving, trying to keep my rapid breathing quiet, my heart pounding in my throat.  Then it really got bad.

A few seconds after the tapping stopped, I heard the distinct sound of light footsteps approaching the bed.  The steps came straight to the foot of the bed, and then diverted and came around the side of the bed and stopped RIGHT BY MY HEAD!  At this point, I was terrified at a level I've not experienced before or since.  Whatever was standing there by the side of my bed was between me and the door and lightswitch.  I remained frozen, unsure of what to do, and unsure if I'd be able to move if I wanted to.  There was silence for about 30 seconds, during which I got the impression that something was studying me intently.  Then the footsteps started up again, slowly and unhurriedly walking back toward the foot of the bed, around the foot, and up the other side.  Again, once they reached the head of the bed, they stopped.  Silence again for around 30 seconds, and then the light, methodical footsteps moved back to the far side of the room, and stopped.  

I lay there still terrified for a long, long time.  Looking back, I wonder why I never got up and turned the light on.  Eventually, I somehow managed to drift off into an uneasy sleep, and didn't have any further incidents for the rest of the night.

Still to this day have no clue what that was all about, but I've stayed in that room many times since, and never had any problems.

I would have to explain to grandma why her bed was now full of the shat...
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By sh1fty:
When I was in college, I used to ride the bus to my grandmother's house once in awhile and stay the weekend.  It was nice for me to get a chance to sit and talk to her, and it also gave me an opportunity to help her out with odd jobs around the house like changing light bulbs, putting screens in the windows, etc.  

She lived (and still does) alone with no pets in a two story bungalow-style house.  I always slept in the same place-upstairs and in the bedroom all the way at the end of the hallway.  Not sure why that was always my spot, since she has two other empty bedrooms, but that's the one I always used.  The bedroom is T-shaped, with the head of the bed at the top center of the "T" facing the "leg".  The door to the room is positioned in the right side of the top of the "T" if you're laying in bed on your back.    

Anyway, I had been up late watching TV, long after my grandma was asleep in her room.  I was getting sleepy at around 2AM and decided to call it a night.  I climbed the stairs, walked down the hallway, and covered up in bed.  I lay awake for longer than I expected to, but was finally just starting to doze when I heard it.

Something starting tapping on the carpeted floor at the opposite end of the room.  It literally sounded like someone had crouched down and was rapidly and rhythmically drumming their hand on the floor.  I immediately froze, my body tensing up, listening to what my logical mind kept trying to insist was either my imagination, or was coming from somewhere outside the room.  It wasn't.  The house was quiet, with the exception of that continual tapping coming from several feet past the foot of my bed.  

The room was far too dark to see anything, but I was too afraid to try and get out of bed and make it to the light switch.  Finally the tapping stopped, and I lay there still not moving, trying to keep my rapid breathing quiet, my heart pounding in my throat.  Then it really got bad.

A few seconds after the tapping stopped, I heard the distinct sound of light footsteps approaching the bed.  The steps came straight to the foot of the bed, and then diverted and came around the side of the bed and stopped RIGHT BY MY HEAD!  At this point, I was terrified at a level I've not experienced before or since.  Whatever was standing there by the side of my bed was between me and the door and lightswitch.  I remained frozen, unsure of what to do, and unsure if I'd be able to move if I wanted to.  There was silence for about 30 seconds, during which I got the impression that something was studying me intently.  Then the footsteps started up again, slowly and unhurriedly walking back toward the foot of the bed, around the foot, and up the other side.  Again, once they reached the head of the bed, they stopped.  Silence again for around 30 seconds, and then the light, methodical footsteps moved back to the far side of the room, and stopped.  

I lay there still terrified for a long, long time.  Looking back, I wonder why I never got up and turned the light on.  Eventually, I somehow managed to drift off into an uneasy sleep, and didn't have any further incidents for the rest of the night.

Still to this day have no clue what that was all about, but I've stayed in that room many times since, and never had any problems.

Was it an old house? I have stayed in a lot of older houses, and things like the plumbing, radiators, squirrels, etc etc make crazy noises you would swear are people doing it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By _DR:
Originally Posted By sh1fty:

Was it an old house? I have stayed in a lot of older houses, and things like the plumbing, radiators, squirrels, etc etc make crazy noises you would swear are people doing it.

The house was built in 1953, I believe, and this happened somewhere around 1995 or 1996.  I'm telling you, though...  those noises were right there next to me.  I'd bet my life on it.

Link Posted: 9/12/2011 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#4]
A friend of mine told me about an old house he rented while in college.  It was a fairly good sized house, and the rent was dirt cheap (as you get older you learn to pick up on clues like that).

It was several years ago he told me the story, so a lot of details are fuzzy.  A bunch of weird stuff went on.  Being young, he just figured he could live with it as long as there wasn’t any indication of real danger.  

The one part that really stuck with me was the time he and some friends were in the kitchen and they heard BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! come from the living room.  When they ran in there, they found all of the windows open.  That’s weird enough, but the windows had been nailed shut for years.

One day in town he ran into a lady who had a reputation for evicting evil spirits and performing exorcisms.  After talking with her a bit he asked if she’d come check this house out.  She agreed to come out Sunday afternoon, after church.

When she showed up she immediately asked if the house had a basement.  He told her it did, and showed her the door to it.

She opened the door and started for the first step.  She stopped her foot before it made contact with the step, jumped back, and slammed the door.  Then she just looked at him and said, “Get out” and left in a hurry.

He shrugged it off, and stayed while he finished school.  When he was moving out, he remembered he had stored his bicycle in the basement.  As far as he knows it’s still there today.

I’ll have to try and get in touch with him and have him tell the whole story again.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Sawgunner101:
My hometown (Antioch California) has a little place in the boonies called "Gravity Hill".

It's a little farm road out in the middle of nowhere, but it isn't actually a hill.  It's just a flat stretch of road.  But if you park your car to the starting line (helpfully marked with a shot of spraypaint), and put your car in neutral, the car will accelerate, all on it's own, as if you were coasting down a hill.  It's really bizarre.

My theory is that it's a place with a wonky gravitational field, like the "Mystery Spot".

But when you take somebody out there, a ghost story is pretty much mandatory.  i took a girl out there once on a disastrous date, and I was talking to her about the legends, and she claimed that she didn't belive in ghosts.  But when I got to the part about it bieng indain spirtits pushing the car off thier sacred lands, she flipped the fuck out.  Apparently she DID believe in indian spirits.

Do you have any good stories about the lady in white at the Black Diamond Mine graveyard?

I grew up in the Concord/Clayton area.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 5:52:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SolidSnake556] [#6]
I'll contribute.
This happened when I was around 6 years old .One night after watching a movie I slept in the living room while everyone else were already sleeping upstairs. I was sleeping on my pillow with the blanket over me including my face. After a while I starting hearing what sounded like someone was walking around me. I pulled the blanket off me to look if someone was there but saw no one. I went back to sleep with the blanket covering me and again could hear someone walking around me. I was kinda freaked out so I stood up, grabbed my pillow and blanket and headed for the stairway to my room.

As I was approaching the stairway, out no where my dad jumped out from the stairway right in front of me. Scared the shit out of me, he then smiled at me and went into the kitchen. I went upstairs to my parents room to tell my mom about what had happened. When I got to my parents room I saw BOTH my parents where asleep. I was scared shitless, ran into my room and locked the door. After that incident, when I had to take a piss in the middle of the night I just piss out the window that how scared I was.

For the grammer and spelling nazis , I'm typing this while at work and doing other stuff at the same time.....................
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a female boss who also happens to be one of my best friends. This is a story that she's told me a few times. It's knid of long.

She spent some time going to college in Arizona. I want to say Mesa, but that might be wrong. She lived for a while in a townhouse with a few other girls. She was a basketball player and I believe some of these girls were as well. Apparently they were a pretty wild bunch and there was always a lot of drama, commotion, fighting etc going on. I guess there were a few wierd things that would happen in the house. The most noticable was the electricity was contantly having issues. Flickering lights, blowing out bulbs, etc. The landlord would send people out but could never find any problems.

One night my friend was sleeping on the couch in the living room and had a terrifying dream. She dreamed that she sat up on the couch and was compelled against her will to walk towards a hallway that sat near the stairs leading to the second floor. I guess it was an exposed second floor with a railing over looking the rest of the house.  In her dream, the closer she got to the hallway, the more terrified she became, but she couldn't stop herself. When she rounded the corner, there was the figure of a young man floating in the middle of the hallway. This was the early nineties. He was wearing a flannel shirt and had longer hair. Kind of a Kurt Cobain grunge look I guess. At this point, she shot awake with a horrified feeling.

The next day she was telling one of her roommates about the dream. The girl got all wierd and suggested that my friend talk to their third roommate about it. She does and this girl describes the exact same dream, except she was sleeping upstairs in her room and that's where the dream started. But it still ended with the same figure floating in the same hallway.

A few days later, my friend and a roommate are walking through the neighborhood a few blocks away. They happen to walk past this older guy working on his car. Just as they walk past, the jack collapses and the car falls on this guy. They run over and get the car jacked back up and off him. The guy was shaken up, but not seriously injured. He and his wife invite the girls over for dinner.

That night they are at dinner getting to know each other. The older couple asks which townhouse the girls live in. My friend tells them. Apparently the couple gets really quiet and awkward. They finish dinner and leave pretty quickly because the atmosphere was just so wierd. Later that night, they have a knock at the door. It's the older couple. They come in and begin apologizing for their behavior. They explain that their son and daughter in law used to live in this townhouse. They had a teenaged son and a couple of younger kids. They were having a lot of marriage problems and basically the teenage boy was raising the two younger ones because the parents just weren't around and were fighting so much. This kid was apparently very quiet and had a very hard time with commotion, fighting etc. One day he just had enough. He tied his bedsheets around his neck, tied off to his bedframe and threw himself over the banister. His parents came home and found him hanging in the hallway.

I don't think the girls stayed there much longer. But she claims that they really toned down the fighting and drama and that most of the wierd shit stopped after that.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SolidSnake556:
I'll contribute.
This happened when I was around 6 years old .One night after watching a movie I slept in the living room while everyone else were already sleeping upstairs. I was sleeping on my pillow with the blanket over me including my face. After a while I starting hearing what sounded like someone was walking around me. I pulled the blanket off me to look if someone was there but saw no one. I went back to sleep with the blanket covering me and again could hear someone walking around me. I was kinda freaked out so I stood up, grabbed my pillow and blanket and headed for the stairway to my room.

As I was approaching the stairway, out no where my dad jumped out from the stairway right in front of me. Scared the shit out of me, he then smiled at me and went into the kitchen. I went upstairs to my parents room to tell my mom about what had happened. When I got to my parents room I saw BOTH my parents where asleep. I was scared shitless, ran into my room and locked the door. After that incident, when I had to take a piss in the middle of the night I just piss out the window that how scared I was.

For the grammer and spelling nazis , I'm typing this while at work and doing other stuff at the same time.....................

Was there no way for your dad to get back up to his bed without you seeing him... extra staircase?
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By LuckyDucky:
I'll contribute.

Was there no way for your dad to get back up to his bed without you seeing him... extra staircase?

There were no other staircase......as he walked into the kitchen I went straight to my parent's room. No way he could of ran past me without being seen.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By REDMASTA:

I was out in the woods in Austin the other day and heard the same music you just mentioned! I took all the lighter fluid I had and started a brush fire to burn out whatever the hell that was and hightailed it outta Texas.    

ban hammer.  NOT FUNNY.

Link Posted: 9/12/2011 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll contribute.

There were no other staircase......as he walked into the kitchen I went straight to my parent's room. No way he could of ran past me without being seen.

How did you identify the person as your dad?  By sight?
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:

Originally Posted By REDMASTA:

I was out in the woods in Austin the other day and heard the same music you just mentioned! I took all the lighter fluid I had and started a brush fire to burn out whatever the hell that was and hightailed it outta Texas.

ban hammer. NOT FUNNY.

I have it agree. There have been a great deal of grief, heartache and death associated with those fires.

Link Posted: 9/12/2011 8:42:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SolidSnake556] [#13]
I'll contribute.

The lamp in the corner of the living room was on so I could clearly see it was/look my dad.....the smile he/it gave me was creepy, kinda like the grinch. I don't think that person/it.....was NOT my dad.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Pot growers making rounds (with a boom-box) checking on their crops?
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By takeone:
Oh be a man, search and destroy!

Laughed out loud!

TRG
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 9:06:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: soldierman79] [#16]
im tagging this one.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By soldierman79:
im tagging this one.

Creepy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#18]

I'll contribute.

The lamp in the corner of the living room was on so I could clearly see it was/look my dad.....the smile he/it gave me was creepy, kinda like the grinch. I don't think that person/it.....was NOT my dad.

Doppelgangers FTMFW!

Link Posted: 9/12/2011 9:17:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RileyS] [#19]
I'll contribute.

What's creepy isn't that it wasn't your dad. What's creepy is you passed out on the way up to your parents room and didn't even notice, allowing your dad to get back to bed.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By RileyS:
Originally Posted By Laramie:
Not anything paranormal, but at the time it was creepy as hell and I felt powerless.

In college, for a short period of time I lived off campus in an apartment that was above the office of a storage unit.  It was a small storage facility, maybe 120 or so units and the office was downstairs in the main building, my apartment was directly above.

There was a glass door on the outside on the ground level and then an interior set up stairs that led up to the apartment where there was my front door.

One night, I wake up to the sound of the what sounded like the door handle on the glass door being jiggled like somebody was trying to get inside.  At the time, I had a Beretta 96 and surefire in a drawer of the nightstand.  I kept telling myself, grab the light and gun!  Problem was, my body WOULD NOT MOVE!  Looking back on it now, I would just chalk it up to sleep paralysis, but it had never happened to me before.

The weird part was that it wasn't foggy like it was a dream, my eyes were open, I could hear the noise clear as day and I could see everything in my bedroom with detail just like if I was awake laying in bed.  I could see the tv, see/hear the fan that was still running, see the light coming in from the window where a big security flood light would shine in, etc.

I could not move my arms/legs/body no matter how hard I tried.  The sound of the door would not stop and I was for sure that somebody was trying to get inside, but I could no move.  I felt so scared and helpless.  Not scared like it was some kind of creature, because the area that I lived in was pretty shady/lots of drugs/burglaries/etc so I just wanted to protect myself.  I still to this day can't forget how helpless I felt not being able to move.  A few minutes when by, the sound stopped and I fell back asleep.  

The next morning everything was fine and there was no evidence of forced entry on the outside door.

I remember a little bout with sleep paralysis a while back. I had a bit of a bad nightmare where I saw some relatively freaky shit, and instead of snapping awake, the last frame of my dream just kind of faded into the window pane where I was facing. This was in the middle of the night, so it was still dark. I could get my head to move, and I felt "oh fuck, don't look at the feet of your bed, there's gonna be some succubus or some shit that'll be doing some creepy shit" but, interestingly, I thought this to myself as deadpanned as possible. Like in this face: And I turn to the bottom of my bed... and see nothing. So I wait a bit, convinced that I'm in some sort of shitty nightmare, and at any moment, there's gonna be that token jolt at the end of a horror movie trailer that no one sees coming. You have to remember, that at no point did I really "wake up", I just had the after image of the last thing I saw in the dream 'melt' into the real world. On top of this, I'm typically a lucid dreamer, and I'm always aware in my dreams that I am dreaming (even if sometimes I wish it were real ) And I'm pretty skeptical, even as I observe the world in a paralytic state, that I've even woke up.

So I kind of wait there until I can move my feet, and then I get control over everything again. I reach for my pistol, which I had been wanting to do the whole time, but wonder if I'm awake or not. I sit up, look at the alarm clock to note the passage of time, and ask myself if it feels real. It does thankfully, and I'm fairly confident that I'm awake now. So I go back to sleep. And that's when it jumped in my face! Just kidding, I went back to sleep fine, I ain't fucking waking up at 3am, sleep paralysis demons or not. All in all, pretty gay, but I'd do it again, it was kind of cool just for teh lulz, but not an enjoyable experience.

I had some sort of minor sleep paralysis happen to me just a few days ago! After TWO of the worst nightmares I have ever had they were SO realistic. I don't let stuff like that bother me but they both freaked me out lol. Here is what happened. I recently moved out of my parents house, and we live in the country. Well anyway I moved to a small town halfway between home and college and I am living in a duplex that is at the end of a dead end road. ( I was drinking that night and I am GUESSING that explains the weird dreams) (Although I have never had these realistic of dreams ever)

Anyway before the dreams I was woken up at 4:28am. To a truck in my drive way (my truck sits outside and i jumped up asap and looked at the window, it was either someone trying to break into my truck, or simply turning around, but who would be out in a town of 1000 at 4:28 am on a thursday morning..... Anyway they didn't just turn around and drive off. They saw me standing in the window and TOOK off. Drove over my culvert, and got the hell out of there. I grabbed my M&P 9mm, and went outside to check my truck (grabbed gun incase they dropped someone off) Whoever it was they definitely saw me because there truck lights shined right on me in my window. Anyway.... Truck was not broken into, and I checked duplex and all was well. Well I won't lie I was a little freaked out and couldn't get back to sleep for probably an hour.

Once I got back to sleep I had a dream.... I was in what I thought was my new duplex but they i start to go down a staircase and a big dog comes to attack me (dogs have never scared me in any way, but in this dream it scared the shit out of me lol) well I tried to run but as I tried to run I woke up and could not move my body for a few seconds. Was VERY weird. It was now probably 5:30, I probably fell back asleep by 6:00 (had to get up at 7) well I had a SECOND dream.

The second dream was worse. I had a dream someone was outside my duplex so I look out the window and someone is driving off just like what happened a few hours ago. Well check my house and in my spare bedroom someone is sitting on my futon. I run to my room to get my gun off the magnet, but I can't run in the dream and I wake up and can't move again. I finally wake up after a few seconds to a weird scream I make (actually sounded quite funny). I am ASSUMING my weird dreams were because I had about 8 drinks that night. The person that showed up at 4:28 was really there though. That was NOT a dream. I remember writing down the Make and Model in my kitchen on a piece of paper and it was there in the morning (I think it was a gold s-10).

Anyway my investigations so far lead me to believe it was POSSIBLY this dirtbag kid that works at the towns convince store. I noticed he drives a gold s-10, (I really have no idea though. he looks like the thieving type though) I wrote down his plate just incase I see the truck again in my drive or if something goes missing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By brass:
Originally Posted By wintermute:
While standing there, gazing up, I hear a very clear, very close exhale. Not like a normal letting your breath out, more like a sigh. A long slow sigh that sounded like the long A vowel sound... I could have sworn it was someone saying my name.

Your parents named you "Ahhhhhh"???

Perhaps they were dictating?
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By soldierman79:
im tagging this one.

Creepy.

My bad.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Beamy:
Originally Posted By Gunfighter0313:
When I got out of the Marines a couple years ago, I met up with an old highschool friend I hadn't seen in ages.  We went out for drinks and she was asking me what iraq was like and such, and I asked her what college was like in Orange County.  She tells me the normal stuff and then tells me this story and to this day it still kinda freaks me out to think about.

She went to Chapman and up until this incident she used to babysit for a family friend down there.  Younger couple, but affluent.  Nice neighborhood and younger kids.  I remember her saying they were 2 and 4 at the time, but I might be off a tad.  On the night in question my friend was babysitting as usual and put them to bed around 9pm and went downstairs to watch TV and study.  The parents were also art collectors and had a lot of odd pieces around, namely one of those lifesize clown statues that looks real-ish sitting in a kids chair.  She said she was weirded out by it but didnt think much of it, as rich people buy weird shit.  But the longer she sat there the more of an odd feeling it gave her, so being much more brave than I, went and took a look at it.  It was apparently very realistic, and she stared at it for a while but it still freaked her out, so she called the mother and asked if she could move the clown statue into another room, or closet preferably.  The mother sounded confused for a moment then very alarmed and told my friend to get the kids and get across the street to the neighbors house, and that they were coming back immediately.  So she woke the kids and got them out of the house to the neighbors, confused.  Soon after police cars showed up and started searching around the house.  The parents arrived soon after and came to the neighbors house and gave my friend an explanation.

Apparently the older kid had been coming to breakfast every couple mornings for the past couple weeks saying that a clown had come to visit him again.  They just thought it was imagination or dreams and such and didn't think much of it.  Until my friend called and the mother realized that they don't own a clown statue.  Soon after the police came back and reported that they had arrested a man in a clown outfit several blocks away.  He turned out to be a mental patient that had escaped from a hospital a ways away.  A search of the house showed that he was living in the houses basement that was under renovation and the family rarely used.  

The part that bothered me the most, was that she stared at the fucking thing and he didn't blink or move.  I would have shit bricks after hearing that.

fuck that shit

That is completely made up.  I've heard several variations to that story the last 5 years.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Rocco123:
When I got out of the Marines a couple years ago, I met up with an old highschool friend I hadn't seen in ages.  We went out for drinks and she was asking me what iraq was like and such, and I asked her what college was like in Orange County.  She tells me the normal stuff and then tells me this story and to this day it still kinda freaks me out to think about.

She went to Chapman and up until this incident she used to babysit for a family friend down there.  Younger couple, but affluent.  Nice neighborhood and younger kids.  I remember her saying they were 2 and 4 at the time, but I might be off a tad.  On the night in question my friend was babysitting as usual and put them to bed around 9pm and went downstairs to watch TV and study.  The parents were also art collectors and had a lot of odd pieces around, namely one of those lifesize clown statues that looks real-ish sitting in a kids chair.  She said she was weirded out by it but didnt think much of it, as rich people buy weird shit.  But the longer she sat there the more of an odd feeling it gave her, so being much more brave than I, went and took a look at it.  It was apparently very realistic, and she stared at it for a while but it still freaked her out, so she called the mother and asked if she could move the clown statue into another room, or closet preferably.  The mother sounded confused for a moment then very alarmed and told my friend to get the kids and get across the street to the neighbors house, and that they were coming back immediately.  So she woke the kids and got them out of the house to the neighbors, confused.  Soon after police cars showed up and started searching around the house.  The parents arrived soon after and came to the neighbors house and gave my friend an explanation.

Apparently the older kid had been coming to breakfast every couple mornings for the past couple weeks saying that a clown had come to visit him again.  They just thought it was imagination or dreams and such and didn't think much of it.  Until my friend called and the mother realized that they don't own a clown statue.  Soon after the police came back and reported that they had arrested a man in a clown outfit several blocks away.  He turned out to be a mental patient that had escaped from a hospital a ways away.  A search of the house showed that he was living in the houses basement that was under renovation and the family rarely used.  

The part that bothered me the most, was that she stared at the fucking thing and he didn't blink or move.  I would have shit bricks after hearing that.

fuck that shit

That is completely made up.  I've heard several variations to that story the last 5 years.

Yeah, sorry to do this but...

Snopes

Link Posted: 9/12/2011 10:24:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#25]

Originally Posted By Jarhead08:

Doppelgangers FTMFW!

I might have posted this before. Please bear in mind I have never seen my doppelganger, others have though.

This is condensed version of encounters/events.

1. This one I almost forgot about and don't think I related it on the last thread. We were camping in Ocala National Forest while in the boy scouts and my entire patrol was convinced I was walking around at night by myself screwing with other folks tents and making a commotion trying to scare them. Now that is believable because I was / am the type of jackass to do that, but I was sleeping that night and I had witnesses I was in my tent the whole night.

2. I think it was my 17th birthday and I was laying on my bed smoking a cig just doing nothing I guess. All my buds were in the room down the hall hanging out and such. One of them leaves that room and looks over like he saw something and called my name,. He asked where I was going and I hear my mother ask me where I was going as well. I then heard the back door to the house slam and they were a asking each other what I must have been so pissed off about. Bear in mind I was in my room about 20' away listening to all this. Well my buddy walks in and sees me sitting there and about sh*ts himself. He literally jumped back a few few and looked terrified. It was if he saw a ghost ie as if "I" were the ghost. He asked how I got back in my room and I told him I was there for at least an hour or more. He was really freaked. Allegedly I walked from the front of the house, to the back and opened and slamed the back door shut. I did hear the door slam shut. Later we went to the door and the deadbolt was still locked.

About 20minutes later I hear another buddy arrive in the front door while me and my one friend were discussing, what just happened. I honestly thought he was screwing with me. Buddy # 2 asks my brother who is in the front of the house now what I was pissed at and where I was going. I am sitting there with my now shaking buddy listening to this. He was freaked out. Friend #2 has no idea I am in my room just around the corner. Well he comes in and was like "dude, how the F did you do that? I just saw you about a block away walking heading the other direction". I asked if he was sure it was me, he was positive. He said I looked pissed off and basically ignored him when he tried to  come up to "me"it.

My two friends and my mother were 100% convinced what they saw was me.

3. A few years later I was driving the flatbed for Scottys Lumber and was on a long delivery. 50 miles south in Homestead. Well I get back late. 6 PMish and right away one of the guys I work with asks why I didn't answer his page. This was in the days of beepers, so I checked and didn't see any missed pages. He says ". Not the beeper, I paged you on the store intercom like 10x" . I laughed because that was stupid since I was in the next county down south other there all day. Well he was adamant he saw my in the store at lunchtime and was trying to get a hold of me. A cashier swore she saw me come in from lunch and another saw me in the break room looking in lockers a few feet away. Evidently folks were concerned because I was ignoring everyone. Or who they thought was me was ignoring them.

Basically they didnt believe me when I said it wasn't me. I had alibis and even called them, but my coworkers were convinced I was screwing with them.

4. Years later after serving in the Army I was working at a large gunshop/range/training facility. One of my regulars came in later in the day and asked "What, you don't say hi anymore? So I said um, hi?" Short story, he claims to have just seen me a few hours earlier in a car while he was walking in front of it. He said he saw "Me" and said hi and "I" gave him an evil pissed off look.

5. Just a few months ago my   girlfriend swore she was talking to me while I was allegedly in the garage, but I was actually on the back porch trying to fix my crappy weed whacker. I just laughed but she seemed a little disturbed and thinks/hopes I was messing with her.

Have not seen it myself, dont know if I want to. Honestly part of me thinks all those folks were screwing with me.

Link Posted: 9/12/2011 10:33:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6gunfighter2] [#26]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:

Doppelgangers FTMFW!

I might have posted this before. Please bear in mind I have never seen my doppelganger, other have though.  

1. this one I almost forgot about. We were camping in Ocala National Forest while in the boy scouts and my entire patrol was convinced I was walking around at night by myself screwing with other folks tests and making a commotion trying to scare them. Now that is believable because I was / am the type of jackass to do that, but I was sleeping that night and I had witnesses I was in my tent the whole night.

2. I think it was my 17th birthday and I was laying on my bed smoking a cig just doing nothing I guess. All my buds were in the room down the hall hanging out and such. One of them leaves that room and looks over like he saw something and called my name,. He asked where I was going and I hear my mother ask me where I was going as well. I then heard the back door to the house slam and they were a asking each other what I must have been so pissed off about. Bear in mind I was in my room about 20' away listening to all this. Well my buddy walks in and sees me sitting there and about sh*ts himself. He literally jumped back a few few and looked terrified. It was if he saw a ghost ie as if "I" were the ghost. He asked how I got back in my room and I told him I was there for at least an hour or more. He was really freaked.

About 20minutes later I hear another buddy arrive in the front door while me and my one friend were discussing, what just happened. I honestly thought he was screwing with me. Buddy # 2 asks my brother who is in the front of the house now what I was pissed at and where I was going. I am sitting there with my now shaking buddy listening to this. He was freaked out. Friend #2 has no idea I am in my room just around the corner. Well he comes in and was like "dude, how the F did you do that? I just saw you about a block away walking heading the other direction". I asked if he was sure it was me, he was positive. He said I looked pissed off and basically ignored him when he tried to  come up to "me"it.

3. A few years later I was driving the flatbed for Scottys Lumber and was on a long delivery. 50 miles south in Homestead. Well I get back late. 6 PMish and right away one of the guys I work with asks why I didn't answer his page. This was in the days of beepers, so I checked and didn't see any missed pages. He says ". Not the beeper, I paged you on the store intercom like 10x" . I laughed because that was stupid since I was in the next county down south other there all day. Well he was adamant he saw my in the store at lunchtime and was trying to get a hold of me. A cashier swore she saw me come in from lunch and another saw me in the break room looking in lockers a few feet away. Evidently folks were concerned because I was ignoring everyone. Or who they thought was me was ignoring them.

Basically they didnt believe me when I said it wasn't me. I had alibis and even called them, but my coworkers were convinced I was screwing with them.

4. Years later after serving in the Army I was working at a large gunshop/range/training facility. One of my regulars came in later in the day and asked "What, you don't say hi anymore? So I said um, hi?" Short story, he claims to have just seen me a few hours earlier in a car while he was walking in front of it. He said he saw "Me" and said hi and "I" gave him an evil pissed off look.

5. Just a few months ago my   girlfriend swore she was talking to me while I was allegedly in the garage, but I was actually on the back porch trying to fix my crappy weed whacker. I just laughed but she seemed a little disturbed and thinks/hopes I was messing with her.

Have not seen it myself, dont know if I want to. Honestly part of me thinks all those folks were screwing with me.

I had a professor in college who, at the start of a new semester one day, asked me how I liked the last course of his which I had taken a year ago.

Only problem with this was, I had never taken a course of his before.

I politely told him as much, at which point he looked at me very strangely, and insisted he was certain I had.  (I have a somewhat unusual last name, and I am certain there was no one else at the college with my same last name.  Plus, he was adamant that it was ME who had been in his class, not someone with my same name).

I didn't know what to say, but I again politely told him there must be some mistake, as I had never been in one of his courses before this one.

He let it drop at that point, but he looked at me like he thought I was crazy for not remembering.

To this day when I think about that, it freaks me out a little.

He seemed normal in all respects and I have no reason to believe he was off his rocker.  I have no idea who the hell had my same name and looked exactly like me that was in his previous class.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 10:39:50 PM EDT
[#27]
I've got a few creepy stories, all true.  

#1, this was in the last few years.  My five year old, he was about 1.5yrs at the time, had one of those little swings you place them in and that you wind up and they play music.  If you have kids, you know what I mean when I say "You know how you have to wind up that swing and wait a couple minutes for it to get to swingin?".  Then you push a button and can choose the song it plays.  Well, I got up one morning about 5am.  I did my routine, shower, go to the living to get dressed so as not to wake anyone.  I go turn on the tv, go to the kitchen for a drink, then back to watch the news for a minute.  It's still dark outside and quiet in my house, but I got back to the living room with my drink and that damned swing was going full bore with the music playing.  It freaked me the fuck out and I was wide awake when I went over to it and physically stopped it, and pushed the button for the music to turn off.  I stood there and looked at it for a minute, then left for work.  Thought about that all day.....

#2, this still goes on.  My parents house is a little creepy.  Newer construction, they bought it new in 2005.  We didn't notice anything strange until my brother came back from his 2nd tour to Iraq.  He got out of the Army and stayed with my folks for some months before going back in.  To the stories, he came home on leave in September '05, that was the first time I saw something strange there.  We were sitting on the couch b.s.ing and he got up to go to the kitchen.  I watched him walk to the kitchen and I saw, for a split second, a man come up to the glass in the back door and look in, turn around and walk away.  He was a white guy with short hair, big build, and wearing desert camo utilities.  A soldier.  He walked up, looked in, turned and left.  I swear I saw him.  

My mother says she hears sounds in the middle of the night  that she describes as "gear", or shuffling, or what sounds like ammunition.  Sounds she believes a soldier would make.  Up and down the hallway.  My folks went out to California to visit my dad's family for a week and asked my sister and her fiance to stay a few nights and watch the house.  Well, they did.  He is a County Judge here in Harris County, and NOT the type to tell stories.  Quite conservative.  But he told me the first night, they were hearing sounds upstairs.  She got nervous and they went home and came back with his shotgun.  They went upstairs to go to sleep and kept hearing these sounds and noises in the hallway and a room down at the end of the hall.  He had gotten up a couple times with the shotgun to look around, he said.  But it kept going on and they said they started hearing people talking and they got their shit and bailed out of there.  They told my parents when they got back they weren't going to babysit that house again.

They went to California again later and I told them I would go watch the house for a couple nights.  I was alone watching tv downstairs, and started hearing those noises upstairs.  Like someone walking around, back and forth down the hallway.  I left when I heard a door up there open.  I left REAL fast.

Sometimes, my son doesn't want to stay there.  Like he's scared of something..
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 10:59:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By WildBoar:

Doppelgangers FTMFW!

I might have posted this before. Please bear in mind I have never seen my doppelganger, others have though.  

1. This one I almost forgot about and don't think I related it on the last thread. We were camping in Ocala National Forest while in the boy scouts and my entire patrol was convinced I was walking around at night by myself screwing with other folks tents and making a commotion trying to scare them. Now that is believable because I was / am the type of jackass to do that, but I was sleeping that night and I had witnesses I was in my tent the whole night.

2. I think it was my 17th birthday and I was laying on my bed smoking a cig just doing nothing I guess. All my buds were in the room down the hall hanging out and such. One of them leaves that room and looks over like he saw something and called my name,. He asked where I was going and I hear my mother ask me where I was going as well. I then heard the back door to the house slam and they were a asking each other what I must have been so pissed off about. Bear in mind I was in my room about 20' away listening to all this. Well my buddy walks in and sees me sitting there and about sh*ts himself. He literally jumped back a few few and looked terrified. It was if he saw a ghost ie as if "I" were the ghost. He asked how I got back in my room and I told him I was there for at least an hour or more. He was really freaked. Allegedly I walked from the front of the house, to the back and opened and slamed the back door shut. I did hear the door slam shut. Later we went to the door and the deadbolt was still locked.

Personally, I find doppelgängers to be the most fascinating paranormal phenomenon, and one of the most unsettling.  
I haven't had an experience like any of those.  The closest thing I've had to that is when my friend claimed to have seen me, or someone who looked just like me,  except for the fact that I was 3,500 miles away at the time.
It seems clear that in your case(s), it almost certainly wasn't a simple case of mistaken identity, as in most of those he (it?) was seen in places that you probably frequent, such as your home or work.  So, either there is something paranormal going on, or somebody with a surly attitude, who happens to look just like you, has been stalking you for several years.  I've heard that seeing your own "evil twin" is a really bad omen.
Very creepy.  I wish we had more doppelgänger stories.

Link Posted: 9/12/2011 11:32:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#30]

I saw a bigfoot. There I said it. And I believe I really did see one. But I can't know for sure. I was never able to definatevley prove it.

But nobody believed me and I don't tell the story much.  But I did tell it on here in the bigfoot thread sometime back and so I won't retell the whole thing again but will shorten it. I was trail riding my horse alone one afternoon just before dusk and as we were riding past a cow pasture (animals my horse knew well), the entire herd freaked and started running for the barn.  This did not bother my horse at first (in fact not at all) and we continued on.  We got into an open field and about 75 yards across it, along a small creek with some cover he saw something that made his ears prick up and then he started rearing up a little bit and spinning on me, which was very unusual for him.  I got about maybe 3-5 seconds in a couple of spins to look where he was looking and I saw it too.  A very large and hairy (but human looking face) that was behind but taller than some tall shrubs and it was just staring at us. And I would say in a curious manner. My horse turned and started running back towards the barn too and I went ahead and let him run because it scared the crap out of me as well. WTF was that?

I went back out there a couple days later looking for footprints (anything) and all I could tell was that the tall and dry grass was knocked down behind those bushes but there were no footprints.  I kept my mouth shut about it for years because no one believed it and it made me even question it myself and still does.  But I gotta tell you, I know both my horse and I saw something that wasn't there right afterwards that scared the piss out of both of us. BTW, I didn't detect any smell at the time that you often hear about. But he/she could have been down wind I suppose.

Link Posted: 9/12/2011 11:45:53 PM EDT
[#31]

fuck that shit

Was it this guy?

Link Posted: 9/12/2011 11:47:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By sweptvolume:
You haven't lived until you walk into a locked shop beside your house and find blood all over the floor, walls, and ceiling.

One night I looked out my window and the glass shop light was on. So I grabbed my MagLite and .380 and head outside. As I walked around the house and got halfway to the shop, the light went out. Cautiously, I approached the shop, and shined the light through the window, but couldn't see much due to the glare. So I unlocked the door and slowly opened it, pistol in hand. As I flipped on the light, I was met with a room drenched in blood. Spatters and streaks everywhere.

Didn't you post a rather lengthy story involving this here a while back?

If it's the same story I'm thinking of, it was a great read and freaked me out.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 11:53:54 PM EDT
[#33]

I went to work at a contract client's office one Saturday. There was no one else in the building, which was a warehouse with a 2 story office/shop space built along one wall. The neighborhood is a little rough so I was careful to lock the front door behind me. I went in and started working in the shop on the ground floor. I'd been there maybe 30 minutes when I heard footsteps go across the office on the second floor, directly above me.

The engineering manager had arranged to meet me there so I expected it was him. But I was a little puzzled why he didn't say "hi", as he couldn't get upstairs without passing by my area. So I headed up the stairs to give him some much deserved grief.

At the top of the stairs I found the whole second floor dark and deserted. The hair on back of my neck actually stood up when I realized there was no one there.

Now, it was a windy day and the building was creaking a bit. But I distinctly heard about 20 evenly spaced footfalls, complete with creaky floor, move in a direct line from the top of the stairs into the engineering offices.

Another place I worked was in Sausalito, in the old liberty ship warehouse. Sometimes we worked round the clock, I was closing out from a late night around 1 am. I walked around the perimeter, checking doors and turning out lights, and made my way to the exit. Just as I was arming the alarm system there was a sudden, very loud, "bang!" like something being dropped in the building.

There was no one else in the building. I decided that if it was an intruder they would eventually set off the alarm and Sausalito PD was much better equipped to handle it than me.

As I left I turned around and announced "Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building!" but no one answered.

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 12:01:10 AM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By zombievt:

You haven't lived until you walk into a locked shop beside your house and find blood all over the floor, walls, and ceiling.

One night I looked out my window and the glass shop light was on. So I grabbed my MagLite and .380 and head outside. As I walked around the house and got halfway to the shop, the light went out. Cautiously, I approached the shop, and shined the light through the window, but couldn't see much due to the glare. So I unlocked the door and slowly opened it, pistol in hand. As I flipped on the light, I was met with a room drenched in blood. Spatters and streaks everywhere.

I remember it too.  Multiple parts all very long.  Great read.

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 12:16:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Link?
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 12:26:19 AM EDT
[#36]

Link?

I'm looking through my subscribed threads now.  I want to say it was recently, within the last year but I don't think it was in the 25 page creepy thread.  It was something else.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 12:34:42 AM EDT
[#37]

Link?

I'm looking through my subscribed threads now.  I want to say it was recently, within the last year but I don't think it was in the 25 page creepy thread.  It was something else.    

Found it....

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1165902__ARCHIVED_THREAD____I_think_I_am_experiencing_some_paranormal_activity_in_my_house_.html&page=3

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 12:42:32 AM EDT
[#38]

Link?

Found it....

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1165902__ARCHIVED_THREAD____I_think_I_am_experiencing_some_paranormal_activity_in_my_house_.html&page=3

Well done!  
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 12:46:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HellBent] [#39]
Another one from my small hometown.

We have a Railroad museum on the site of an old passenger train depot that dates back to the 1800's.  One of the exhibits is an old KCS Caboose sitting on a short length of track outside.  

Back in the early 90's, when I was in high school, my girlfriend (who is now my wife...) was a cheerleader.  The cheerleading program required them to do civic service each year, and she chose to volunteer at the Depot for a few Saturdays.  When her assigned day rolled around, her mom gave her a ride to the museum.  They pulled into the parking lot a few minutes early, expecting to wait as no other cars were present.  After only a few moments, though, her mother saw someone in the caboose and asked her if that was who she needed to report to.  My wife saw the woman as well, through the windows and door of the caboose.  They both saw an elderly woman, dressed in period clothing (which wasn't unusual as the senior citizen volunteers at the museum sometimes dress as such), walking around appearing to be cleaning or arranging things in the exhibit.

My wife grabbed her things and walked to the caboose, waving at the woman.  She climbed the steps and knocked on the door, noticing that it was locked on the inside.  Peering inside the window revealed the caboose to be empty...

Rationally, she decided that since the front door was locked, the rear must be the entrance used, and the lady must be coming around to let her in.  On reaching the rear, she found it to be padlocked on the outside.  That shook her up, and she returned to the car, telling her mother what had happened.  Her mother (and my wife, for that matter) is a very practical type, not superstitious or easily spooked.  She assumed at the time that the lady must be simply out of sight in the caboose or had managed to traverse the length, exited, relocked the caboose, and disappeared into the museum - having already forgotten the young girl waving and knocking outside?  My wife wasn't having it, pretty spooked by the experience.

They ended up waiting around for a bit until one of the volunteers pulled up next to them.  My wife told the lady who arrived what had happened, and she reassured her that there was NO one present, she was the first to arrive and unlock for the day.  

I should say that the depot is only 2 blocks from the station where I work, and I've never heard a single other story about this location.  My partners and I have even driven over there and taken photos through the windows in the dead of the night.  But, my wife to this day remains very reserved about the place.  I can remember riding around the backstreets of our hometown and her being REALLY upset if I took that road or tried to pull in to spook her.  She LOVES going into old, abandoned places and even the local "Blue Light" cemetery type locations to check out spooky stuff, but has ZERO interest in checking out the old depot - and that's been over 20 years ago...  I'm really not certain that I could talk her into going into that caboose tomorrow in the middle of the day..

* I typed this and decided that I could scoot the couple of blocks and shoot a few photos since I'm on duty tonight, so I did just that a few minutes ago.  I also included the historical marker about the fatal shootout that happened on the site.  I was half hoping that I might catch something interesting in the photos, but unfortunately I got zilch...  I'd be lying, though, if I said it wasn't a little creepy standing on those steps and shooting photos inside that caboose.  In the dark. Alone.

One of the historical markers on the site, regarding the shooting:

View of the caboose from the parking lot...  The front door is locked/barred from the inside.

This one is taken from about where they were parked when they saw the woman inside.

Rear exit, padlocked...

Just a couple of views into the side windows...

Looking into the interior (had to used the flashlight, and you can't see much, as the flash would reflect off the dirty glass pane...)

Brightened that last one up as best I could using PSP - all the others are straight from my phone to photobucket.  I may try to swing by during the day and take a shot inside the caboose when I can actually SEE something..

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 12:52:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Does anyone remember a story posted about 3 guys that found a tunnel of some sort?

One of the guys told the other two that he had found something really cool and wanted to show it to them.

They followed him down and they came to a door and he told them to knock on it .

They didn't want to and a fight broke out.

That's all I can remember about the story. I read it here and it was pretty creepy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 12:53:42 AM EDT
[#41]
I was just happy to be right for a change.

So I'm not freeloading.....

My Grandfather comitted suicide in his car in the spring of 1999. Money being tight as I was a rookie duputy at the time and needing a car, I bought it from the estate (after it had been detailed). It was a nice car... Ford Taurus, low milage, 3.8l v-6. Now, my Grandfather was smoker and occasionally I would get a whiff of cigarette smoke. Not old stale, out of the cushion smell but like someone was in the back seat smoking kind of smell. That never really bothered me as I could really never be sure is wasn't residual from the upholstery. What did make me damn near drive off the road one afternoon was getting a strong whiff of my Grandmother's perfume in the car. My Grandmother died in 1991 and never set foot in that car.

My daughter when she was little used to have conversations with my Grandmother, who died many years before she was born, and decribed the necklace that my Grandmother was buried with.

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:01:18 AM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By TheTracker:

Does anyone remember a story posted about 3 guys that found a tunnel of some sort?

One of the guys told the other two that he had found something really cool and wanted to show it to them.

They followed him down and they came to a door and he told them to knock on it .

That's all I can remember about the story. I read it here and it was pretty creepy.

Different than Ted's Caving story posted in the original creepy thread?

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 2:06:55 AM EDT
[#43]

It wasn't that one , I know that one.

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 2:11:55 AM EDT
[#44]

I think it is in Swindle1984's creepy thread as well, I believe, but told as a first hand recollection of a visit to an abandoned mine on an island in the Greal Salt Lake, if my memory serves.

Three friends go into the cave, and down to a lower level, and then the "fun" begins . . .

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 2:18:30 AM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By kozaki:

I think it is in Swindle1984's creepy thread as well, I believe, but told as a first hand recollection of a visit to an abandoned mine on an island in the Greal Salt Lake, if my memory serves.

Three friends go into the cave, and down to a lower level, and then the "fun" begins . . .

I think that's it.

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 2:30:49 AM EDT
[#46]
This link was in the original spooky stories thread. It is 80 pages of scary/spooky stories and worth the read.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=57236
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 2:45:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sleepy1988] [#47]

Here toy go.

I grew up in Salt Lake City, across the alley from a kid named Ron. When we were like 14 a kid named Nick moved in down the street. Nick wasn’t a Mormon but joined our scout troop, and the three of us became good friends. As scouts, we used to camp all the time at this place called Stansbury Island in the Great Salt Lake. In dry years when the lake was low it was really just a peninsula, but even when the lake was high you could get out to the island on a causeway. It was basically a little range of mountains that stuck up out of the lake. We had a great Scoutmaster who used to take us camping two times a month, most of the time to Stansbury. It was not that great of a place to camp, but we kind of felt like it was our place. We never saw anyone else out there.

When we were Juniors, Nick and I started partying and hanging out less with Ron. After we graduated, I went back east for college, Ron went to the U for a while before going on a Mormon mission, and Nick worked at Arby’s. After my Freshman year I spent the whole summer in Salt Lake working at a refinery, so I hung out with Nick and other friends from high school. The next summer I was only in Salt Lake for a few weeks. By that time Nick had started at the community college and was hanging out with these angst ridden poets, actors and other dorks. They didn’t like me much and the feeling was mutual. Nick’s gothish girlfriend wouldn’t call me by name, but always called me “frat boy.” She was a peach. Nick had started to do pot and acid and other stuff with his poet buddies, but I really didn’t care about any of that and we still had a good time when we went out with some of the old crowd.

Ron got home that winter from his mission in Argentina. I talked to him a few times over the school year and we agreed it would be fun to get together for a campout the next summer on Stansbury. I called Nick about going and he thought it was a great idea, and made sure that I had called Ron. We picked a date during the week I was going to be in Salt Lake that summer. Nick said he would call a couple of other guys who had been in our troop.

It turned out that just me, Nick and Ron could go. Nick had just totaled his beloved Firebird so we took Ron’s car, or actually his little brother’s car (little brother was now on a mission). It was a little Japanese station wagon, I think a Subaru. Ron picked me up at my mom’s and then we went and picked Nick up at his apartment in west Salt Lake. We had all been good friends, and it didn’t take long before we were conversing as comfortably as we had when we were 15.

Nick said he had been camping out at Stansbury a few times and that he had found some really cool spots, including an old mine, on the east side of the island (the road runs along the west side). We had always camped on the north end, and had never really been over there when we were scouts.

The car died on the way out there, right after we got off I-80 and started heading towards the island. I can’t remember what the problem was, but Ron said that you just had to let the car sit for half an hour. We waited and sure enough it started. We ended up camping in a spot about halfway down the island, where Nick said you could hike over the mountain to these cool spots he had found.

We brought KFC that night for dinner and ended up talking around the fire until 2 or 3 in the morning. I remember it was a full moon and that you could see your shadow at night. We had pop tarts for breakfast and went bunny hunting in the morning with 22s (I had a 10/22 and Ron had a lever action, I think a Marlin). We always did that but I don’t ever remember seeing very many rabbits out there. There were more cattle on Stansbury than wabbits.

At about 10 we left camp and took the Subaru up this little jeep trail that led to a water tank. Nick told us to bring some flashlights and he brought a rope. He led us to a foot trail that went to the east side of the island. About halfway down the mountain the trail led to this rock face kind of shaped like a bowl, and on the south side of it there was an old mine. It was a horizontal shaft heading southwest. Somebody had put steel bars over the door, but they had been pulled off and were lying on the ground. I remember sitting down to get all of the stickers out of my socks while the other two were talking.

The mine was a about six feet high, so me and Ron had to stoop a little. It was about three feet wide. After about 10 feet we came to T, and Nick had us take a right so we were heading pretty much directly north. We probably went about 150 feet or so, and by this time it would have been pitch black if not for the flashlights. The tunnel was straight but going down a little until it came to a big pit. The pit was only about 10 feet deep but it was at least that wide. There a piece of metal sticking out of the rock in the floor. Nick wrapped the middle of the rope around the peg and lowered himself down into the hole. Me and Ron followed. There was a rope on the other side of the pit already tied to the top. Ron was looking that way, and when I looked back and Nick was pulling the rope we had just climbed down into the hole. “What are you doing, we have to go out that way?” I asked. He said that we would need the rope later on, and showed me that he could throw the rope back up there and catch it on the peg when we needed to get out. He pulled the rope back down and put it over his shoulder. We all climbed out of the pit to the other side.

The tunnel continued north, going down a little more now than before. There were some tunnels taking off from the main passage on the left. Some of them only went a few feet, others you could not see the end of them. After a few minutes of walking, the tunnel suddenly seemed darker. At first I thought the rock was just darker, but I looked at it more carefully and it was covered with writing. I said “Nick, check this out. There is writing all over the wall.” He turned around and came back to where I was.

“Yeah, isn’t it weird. “

I could not make heads or tails out of the letters. Some of them looked familiar but all of them didn’t look like Roman letters, like they were Cyrillic or Greek or something. The writing covered the walls and ceiling. I wondered aloud if maybe some Greek or Russian miners had dug these tunnels. They brought in people from all over to work the mines. I turned back up the tunnel to see what Ron thought, and he was standing about six feet behind us.

“Ron, can you see this?” He didn’t say anything. He was pointing his flashlight right in my eyes so I couldn’t see him.

I started walking towards him and when I got back to him he said “Let’s go.” He turned and started walking back down the tunnel. Nick by this time had walked up and we both grabbed Ron’s arms. We both badgered him to continue up the tunnel. Nick said we were almost to the end. We finally convinced Ron to keep going, but he stayed behind the two of us.

As we went on, the writing on the wall got even thicker. Nick seemed like he was in a hurry so I could not take a good look at it, but it looked like there were little pictures mixed up in the writing too. I could not really tell what I was seeing, but I thought there were some pictures of skulls, like little Iron Maiden skulls. By this time I thought Nick had drawn on the walls and he was trying to freak us out.

After another minute or so of walking we came to a more open area. It was about 15x15 feet, with an old rickety wood door at the end. Nick set the rope down and stepped aside so me and Ron could file into the room. The walls of the room were bare rock, but I looked up at the ceiling, which was pretty high like 12 feet, and it appeared that there was more writing up there.

Nick walked up to the door and knocked on it two times. I was smirking by this time. Ron was by the entrance pointing his flashlight at Nick. He said “What the hell are you doing?”

Nick said “Just wait, this is really cool.”

Ron grabbed the rope and then turned around, saying “I’m leaving” over his shoulder. I let out a little laugh and turned back to Nick, smiling. Before I could say anything he ran past me and tackled Ron. Both of them hit the floor. I stood there for a while looking at Nick sitting on top of Ron, punching him in the face over and over again. Finally I ran up and grabbed Nick by the shoulders and tried to pull him off Ron. He turned around and punched me right in the nose. I fell back, but Ron was able to throw Nick off and get to his feet. Nick grabbed Ron and pulled him back into the room. Nick was pulling Ron towards the door. I got up and tried to pull Nick’s arms off of Ron. Nick tripped Ron, who fell hard on the floor, and then he turned and punched me again in the nose, knocking me back on my butt. Both Ron and I were a lot bigger than Nick but he was kicking the crap out of both of us.

Ron bolted for the tunnel. Again Nick grabbed him and started pulling him backwards. I got to my feet and grabbed my flashlight off the floor. It was a polished aluminum flashlight that took two D batteries. I held on to the end with the light and smashed the other end into Nick’s head. I did that three times until he fell. Ron ran out of the room, grabbing his light and the rope on his way down the tunnel.

I watched him go and started to stagger after him. After taking a few steps down the tunnel I was hit in the back and Nick knocked me to the floor. My breath was knocked out and I dropped my light. He got up off me and grabbed me by the back of my shirt. He was pulling me back towards the room. I was grabbing at the floor, but it was too smooth to gain any purchase. I grabbed my light as he was pulling me past it, and flipped over with everything I had and knocked him on the head again. He fell backwards. I jumped on top of him and hit him again. The flashlight went out after that second hit. I kept hitting him with the light, and just lost all restraint. I must have hit him five times before I regained my senses and got up and backed away. Then I heard the squeak of rusty hinges as a gust of cool damp air rushed up the tunnel.

I ran. It was pitch black but I sprinted down the tunnel and didn’t touch a single wall. I don’t remember the pit or the T, I just remember running. When I got to the entrance of the tunnel, I kept running and tripped over the fallen gate. I fell hard on to one of the bars with my left leg just below my knee and badly scratched up my hands. I got up and limped as fast as I could up the trail without looking back. I noticed there was blood all over my shirt.

I was afraid Ron had left me, but when I got to the water tank, he was sitting in the car with the motor running. He had has his rifle out and was pointing it at me. I yelled to him and when he saw it was me he waived me over. He kept repeating “Let’s go, hurry!”I hobbled over to the car and opened the door.

“What about Nick?” I asked.

I was loading a banana magazine into my rifle. “Screw Nick, let’s go” said Ron.

“We just can’t leave him out here, I think I killed him.”

“Good, lets go.”

Right then Nick came sprinting over the top of the hill. He had blood running down his forehead and he was running full blast right towards us. I jumped in the car and Ron sped off. For a bit Nick was gaining on us, and I leaned out of the window and pointed my rifle at him. Ron was yelling “Shoot him!” But pretty soon he was way behind us. We stopped at the camp site and threw our sleeping bags and stuff into the car. We kept the engine running and our rifles in our hands while we scanned the road behind us. I left one of my canteens for Nick.

When we got to the causeway, Ron told me I looked like hell. I got a towel and tried to clean all the blood off my face. We just kept yelling “What the hell” at each other.

The car died again after we hit I-80, a few miles short of Black Rock. We pulled off to the shoulder. Ron got out of the car to look at the road behind us. He left his rifle in the passenger side of the car. I stayed in the car because my shirt was so bloody. I kept my loaded rifle by my side. I guess if we had seen Nick we would have shot him right there on the interstate. After about an hour the car started and we drove back to Salt Lake.

Later that night I called Nick’s apartment. His roommate answered. I asked if Nick was there and he said sure. I could hear him call “Nick, phone.” After a minute I could hear the phone being picked up, and someone breathing on the line. He didn’t say anything. I hung up.

I hadn’t heard from either of those guys in years, but Ron eventually found my sister through Facebook and he sent me an email. He has been doing well and is now a Mormon Bishop. That got me thinking about Nick. I searched the internet and eventually found an obituary, dated about 12 years after the camping trip. The obituary does not say how he died. I was kind of hoping to ask him what in the hell was going on that day.

It's about 3/4 of the way down on page 15 of Swindle's original creepy thread
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Leftover_Salmon:
I was around 7 years old. I had a great grandpa that lived alone. We would go visit him and do work around his house. He was a really nice guy and treated us very well. Well his condition got worse and he ended up dying in the house alone. After he died my parents bought the house did some re-modeling and we moved in. I always thought it was kind of weird that my great grandpa had died in the house and was apprehensive about living in the house.

My room was upstairs and right next to the room he slept in. One night I was lying in my bed with the lights off getting ready to go to bed when I heard a knock on the closet door... It wasn't coming from anywhere else and it sounded like knuckles hitting the hollow wooden door. I wasn't really scared and didn't pay much attention to it. Then a about a minute later another knock.. At this point I was wondering what was going on. So I thought to myself maybe its grandpa. So out loud I said "if that’s you grandpa Knock once for no and twice for yes". *Knock Knock* I continued asking questions and continued to get responses. Well at some point during this I got freaked out. So I decided I was going to go get my sister and show her what was happening. I tucked my tail jumped the fuck out of bed and blasted into her room. I told her what was happening and brought her into my room and tried to communicate again. Naturally it didn't happen again.

Another time I was at home alone and I was taking a bath. I had set the water temp the way I like it and the tub was probably about 3/4 full. Being a kid I liked to see how long I could hold my breath underwater. So I submerged my head and held my breath for as long as possible. While I was submerged I could feel the water around my feet start to get really really warm. So I came up out of the water and noticed that the lever was turned all the way over to the hottest setting and I hadn't touched it.

Nothing else has happened in the house after that and I haven't spoken to any family members about it or asked if they noticed anything. Not really scary but kinda freaky.

So your grandpa came out of the closet to watch you take a bath?
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By -Poke-:
Originally Posted By Leftover_Salmon:
I was around 7 years old. I had a great grandpa that lived alone. We would go visit him and do work around his house. He was a really nice guy and treated us very well. Well his condition got worse and he ended up dying in the house alone. After he died my parents bought the house did some re-modeling and we moved in. I always thought it was kind of weird that my great grandpa had died in the house and was apprehensive about living in the house.

My room was upstairs and right next to the room he slept in. One night I was lying in my bed with the lights off getting ready to go to bed when I heard a knock on the closet door... It wasn't coming from anywhere else and it sounded like knuckles hitting the hollow wooden door. I wasn't really scared and didn't pay much attention to it. Then a about a minute later another knock.. At this point I was wondering what was going on. So I thought to myself maybe its grandpa. So out loud I said "if that’s you grandpa Knock once for no and twice for yes". *Knock Knock* I continued asking questions and continued to get responses. Well at some point during this I got freaked out. So I decided I was going to go get my sister and show her what was happening. I tucked my tail jumped the fuck out of bed and blasted into her room. I told her what was happening and brought her into my room and tried to communicate again. Naturally it didn't happen again.

Another time I was at home alone and I was taking a bath. I had set the water temp the way I like it and the tub was probably about 3/4 full. Being a kid I liked to see how long I could hold my breath underwater. So I submerged my head and held my breath for as long as possible. While I was submerged I could feel the water around my feet start to get really really warm. So I came up out of the water and noticed that the lever was turned all the way over to the hottest setting and I hadn't touched it.

Nothing else has happened in the house after that and I haven't spoken to any family members about it or asked if they noticed anything. Not really scary but kinda freaky.

So your grandpa came out of the closet to watch you take a bath?

And now you know why his story is so creepy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#50]

Link?

Found it....

Thanks Asshole, wish i wouldn't have read that.... Guess where I live in Arkansas

Creepy shit

Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top