Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 149
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 2:27:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Miracle_Pants] [#1]
A few months before my grandmother died, she was in the hospital and we came to visit her in the morning. She was in a single patient room and the nurses kept the door open to her room. When the nurse came in she complained to the nurse to do something about the old man who was in the next room. It seems that the man kept stopping by her door and looking in the previous night and it had made it difficult to sleep. The nurse was a little spooked and explained it couldn't have been the man next door as he had died in his sleep. My grandmother insisted it was him as she had seen him walking around a few days ago and knew what he looked like.

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 2:58:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By derekv814:

http://i26.tinypic.com/25jxsls.gif

I was just thinking that.  These creepy threads make we double check all my go to guns.  Although bullets might not help much, but it makes me feel better.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 3:13:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Another quick one...

The EMS Station where I currently work has a few "quirks"...  It's relatively "new" construction, only about 30 years old.  In 1996, one of our medics was killed in an off-duty automobile accident here in our town.  My partner and I worked the wreck.  "M" was a good guy, had a lot of family issues and the crews he worked with pretty much were his family.  After his death, family couldn't be bothered to attend the funeral or provide a headstone/ceremony - that was all done by the EMS agency, gladly...

A few little things were mentioned over the years, minor things that no one really put any stock in.  "M" was a heavy coffee drinker, would have a pot going by the time anyone else showed up.  As time passed, since his death, no one else really drank coffee (nothing to do with him, we were more a soda crowd, odd in EMS, but there ya go).  Until the last year or so, we didn't even HAVE a coffepot anymore.  But most mornings, the scent of brewing coffe was heavy in the station.  We'd mention it and joke about it, but no big deal.  Never in the afternoons, not at night - but always in the morning.  Kinda cool but nothing sinister about it...  Anytime something "odd" happened, it was just "M" making his presence known, hanging out with the family.  More a joke than anything...  I couldn't count the number of times I'd wake up swearing that someone was shaking the hell out of my bed, always in the bedroom on the right...

One night about 3 or 4 years ago, I was crawling into bed at the station (in the bedroom on the right...) when I heard the bay doors go up.  Odd, but not alarming.  I figured one of the crews was up (even though I was the last man standing), or the boss had swung by the station.  At 2 A.M. Yeah.

As I'm contemplating the explanations, it occurs to me that someone could have been IN the bay when I closed up shop - maybe they're looting the narc's off the truck and making off with them?  I switch on the bedside lamp and quickly pull on my uniform pants and shirt.  While I'm deciding if it's worth slipping into my boots, the bay doors swing into action again.  Fuck the boots, I gotta see what's going on.  It takes maybe 10 seconds to reach the bay, and the doors are settling into the closed position.  I check inside and under every truck, in the stockroom, re-raise the doors and check the exterior.  

Nothing.

No big deal.  Remote control doors do weird shit.  I blamed a passing trucker's CB radio or solar flares.  It's late, I'm tired - time to go back to bed.  Lock the bay door down and head back inside.  As I'm stumbling through the dark back to my room (on the right...) it occurs to me that it shouldn't BE dark - the bedside lamp was ON when I walked out.  Who the hell switches OFF the lamp when they're freaked out and investigating bumps in the night?  I have ZERO doubt that the light was left on.  I flip out my penlight and reach the lamp.  It switches on easily, all seems good.  I turn it back off and crash.

Until about 3 that morning, when I wake up because that DAMN lamp is shining in my eyes.

I finished that shift on the sofa...
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 3:58:31 AM EDT
[#4]
My nephew was born about 3 months before my Grandfather (Johnny) died. Obviously, he never knew him.
As he grew up, he would be playing on the floor, talking to someone.  When asked, he would say "I'm talking to PaPa Johnny".  When he was about 2 yrs old, he saw a picture of Johnny and pointed it and said "Papa Johnny".
The kicker was one day while riding in a car with my mother, they passed the nursing home where Johnny lived until his passing.  My nephew declared "That's where Johnny lived"  No way he could of known this as he was only about 3 and had never been there before.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 4:26:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I love these threads. I have had a few experiences myself––-I'll have to post them later today.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 4:39:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By EasTexan:

I'm sitting outside, playing guitar and I'm hearing Garth Brooks playing in the woods. I'm guessing it's some rednecks working on their truck like every night. Lol. Anyways it reminded me of my creepiest encounter I ever had out in the wilderness.
I was bow fishing one night with some buddies out on Dam-b. Its a very eerie part of the state. Cypress trees covered in Spanish moss coupled with long leaf pines and mixed hardwoods. The shallow waters are great for hunting big gar. Anyways, we were about thirty miles from the nearest town and had traveled up the river by boat another 30 to get to the good spots. I tell ya, you go back in these woods and you step back in time. Untouched by man and so damn unforgiving, its no surprise. It was about 11:30 P.M. when we entered the slough. There was no sound except for the humming of the trolling motor. He had decided not to use the generator and the halogen lights but instead use some rigged handheld 500,000 spot lights so we could hunt coons as well. That's when we heard it.

I was just putting a dip in when I heard the soft sound of music. Instantly, fear and confusion set in as I looked around. My buddies heard it as well and we could only listen, looking at each other for some sort of answer. No one could be out there, it was impossible. There were no roads, no way to climb the huge, clay cliffs made by the river. It was coming from the absolute wilderness. The tune was the most terrifying part. It was not a song anyone alive today would know. It sounded like it came from an old record player. It was scratchy and muffled with a woman's voice singing and it filled me with more adrenaline and fear than I have ever had in my whole life. I can only relate it to something from the turn of the century. By this time, Jake had stopped the trolling motor and we simply sat down and continued to listen. Its like we were in a trance. We know that back country and we know that this was not right. People never would have trecked through those marshes and woods to play a joke.

Then the music simply faded away. We sat there in the dark, waiting for something to move, something to give its position away so we could put the lights on it. Whoever or whatever it was would have surely made noise in the swamp water.

Nothing. Not a sound for thirty minutes. We felt after an experience like that, it was time to go.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/Texan6326/Damb.jpg

I'm familiar with that part of Texas, hell I was up that way a couple of weeks ago looking at property in Woodville. That place is remote to say the least. Your not getting a 4 wheeler in that area. The only way to get there is by boat on account of all the marsh and even quick sand.

I had to walk a freight train that went into emergency between Nacogdoches and Lufkin one night at about 3am along Alazan bayou. I don't let my imagination run away with it's self but I swear to god I had a bigfoot pacing me as I walked. I could even smell that fucker. When I would stop he would go another step and stop. I never saw him but In all honesty I wasn't looking that hard. It's pitch black in those woods. When I got to the end of my train I had had all that my nerves could stand so I got on the rear car and had my engineer drag the train into Lufkin so I could walk up.  

You ever get a chance go check out the "Saratoga light"?

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 4:50:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Banjaxed:
I moonlight as a paramedic and working EMS you will see all kinds of creepy and fucked up things. Every shift I go in I do so with the knowledge that there is a good chance my face will be the last or first thing a person sees as they leave or enter this world. The one that sends a chill up my spine though happened last year while I was still doing clinicals. We received a call to a nursing home for a unresponsive 87 year old woman. When we picked her up it was obvious she was not long for this world. She coded three times on us before we got her to the ER. What freaked me out though was when she became responsive briefly during transport. I was starting an IV and she just sprang to life, grabbed my arm with a strength unholy for a frail old woman, looked me square in the eye and in a raspy, guttural way quietly screamed my name. The look in her eyes was unlike anything I had seen before or since. It felt like she was starring straight into my soul.

What is so disturbing about that is that during no point had I introduced myself to her as she was unresponsive. Also being a dumb student I had forgotten my ID badge that day as well. I had never worked her before as a patient, nor meet her that I can recall in any capacity. Could be she mistook me for somebody else by the same name but it sure seemed meant for me. She died less than an hour after admission. To this day I still remember everything about that call like it just happened and it makes my blood run cold to remember her face and the way she called to me. Sometimes I close my eyes and still see that face.

She fades in and out of this world, and you don't think that maybe something came back with her?
I hope you're a praying man. It knew your name.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 5:07:07 AM EDT
[#8]
On my grandmothers death bed, she used to have extended conversations with long dead relatives. Some of the things she said shook the family up pretty good.

When I was in about first grade or so I got home from school, grabbed a Luncable and sat down in front of the TV to watch some cartoons while I waited for my family to get home. As I was sitting and munching on my nasty little build it yourself pizza, I hear what sounds like someone just bombing it down the stairs behind me, I turn around just in time to see what I think is my older brother turn the corner, push the hallway bathroom door, and slam it. Obviously it was pretty surprising since he was in highschool and got out several hours after me, but I figured he either ditched or got out early so I went back to munching and watching Johnny Bravo. I heard the shower door open and close but the water didn't start running so I figured the bottle of soap on the sink was out and he just reached in to grab the bar. So back to eating and watching I went. After a few minutes it dawned on me that there weren't any "bathroom noises", flushing, sink or any hint of him leaving the bathroom etc. I was worried that maybe he slipped getting in the shower or something so I went to check, like the stupid never seen a horror movie first grader I was, I pushed the door open and it was pitch black, I flipped on the light and he wasn't in there. Right then I just about shit my pants, the bathroom was obviously empty so I locked myself in and cried like a little bitch . An hour or so later my parents got home....with my brother they had been at an eye appointment all day with. I was displeased

Later on my older brother admitted to also having some weird stuff happen there.

In another house a little while later my door used to creep open. I think it was shoddy construction or the AC vent right above the door but as a little kid I didn't care too much for that.

In the same house as above we would frequently see shadows in the night and both of my parents and my brothers swore that several times someone walked into their room and woke them up in the middle of the night.

Another story that I didn't hear until just a couple years ago about that house was about a day when my mother and younger brother were there alone. My mom was downstairs doing her daily Bible reading when she heard my toddler brother wake up from a nap and start just absolutely bawling. She got to the top of the stairs and rushed into his room to see that he was still napping. She says she thought she was just dozing off and dreamed it or something, but when she picked her Bible back up off the coffee table the page she was working on was torn out on the floor.

Since all that though, everything has been alright ...

....knock on wood
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 5:27:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By dtux:
On my grandmothers death bed, she used to have extended conversations with long dead relatives. Some of the things she said shook the family up pretty good.

My Grandmother passed away in my parents house when I was in my mid-20's. The last week she was alive she was receiving hospice care. We all knew she would pass away very soon. She would often talk about how her father had come to see her. She spoke of how her father told her she would be okay and not to be scared.

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 5:33:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Not all that creepy but my father in law used to work at the sewer plant in town.  He said they had a ghost there named Albert, IIRC.  He said he never really bothered anybody he would just do silly stuff like leave all the cabinet doors open in the break room and stuff like that.  He said he saw him a couple times too.  I guess every once in a while he would stand in a door way and watch you work.  He said all you could see was his outline, like he was always backlit, you could never see his face.  It got to the point were all the guys that worked down there were used to him messing with them so it didn't bother them anymore.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 5:35:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JustaMerc] [#11]
Back around in 87, was in my junior year of high school. I was driving back from work if I remember right. Like I said it was around 1am or so. So I make my turn off 169 highway here in Kansas. I was living with some friends and their family.
Anyways I make my turn off to go home. About 1/4 of mile on the gravel road I get a flat on the front passenger side. Big deal right. So I change it. For some reason the spare it locks up the wheel, and I end up in the ditch alittle bit. Well
shit. I'm nearly 2 miles from home in the middle of the country early in the morning (or late at night however you want to look at it). I have no flash light. The moon was bright enough at times when the clouds didn't cover it so I was able
to change the tire. The area is kinda creepy at night. I mean most gravel roads are creepy at night, esp when you have to walk em for nearly 2 miles. So I'm walking and walking, every now and then I'll see a critter cross the road ahead
hoping it aint a rabid skunk or whatever lol. Every now and then would hear coyote packs howling. So I'm getting alittle creeped out. So I'm almost home less than a quarter mile from home. Getting closer I pass this farm, it's a nice farm.
They have all these spot lights shining from the barns. The barn and some of the pens are pretty close to the gravel road. As I'm walking by this farm at nearly 2 am in the morning creeped out from all the the shadows and  howls of animals,
I pass under one of  the spot lights. The spot light covers me, casting my shadow on to the gravel road. As I get past it, the light is at my back now giving me alittle bit of light ahead. All of a sudden this shadow comes up from behind me
getting bigger and bigger until it swallows my shadow completely. I'm about to piss myself. Thinking I'm about to be a late night snack or early breakfast for some creature of the night. I decide I'm gonna try n fight back lol. I swing around
swinging my fists and yelling at whatever was gonna take me. All I see is a dark figure and blinding light  coming from behind this shadow. I'm not hitting anything either. I was able to calm down as I was able to see what it was about to
devour me. Turned out to be a f#cking cow. One of the bulls the farm had seemed to have gotten curious at who was walking down the road that late. The bull had gotten between the light and me causing this demon shadow lol. I ran
the rest of the way home after that. Sorry if it wasn't that creepy, it was creepy then. I got my car back the next day.

yeah I know my typing and sentence structure sux. It's just a story.  

I have some real one's from earlier in my life. Maybe someday I'll tell em.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 5:43:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Willmar:
It's times like these that I'm glad I drive through Kisatchie National Forest in the daytime.

Dammit, I'm going to turn some lights on and go to bed. This thread can wait until morning.

What area?
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 5:44:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By RedRyder21:

My Grandmother passed away in my parents house when I was in my mid-20's. The last week she was alive she was receiving hospice care. We all knew she would pass away very soon. She would often talk about how her father had come to see her. She spoke of how her father told her she would be okay and not to be scared.

She talked quite a bit about how happy she was to be getting to see her parents so often. At the same time as we were losing her, my great aunt, her sister, was also fading away fast in Arizona. Independently, both of them were excited to tell us about how happy they were to have got to spend an afternoon together with their husbands. As far as we know they didn't call each other, but it was on the same day and they went over similar conversations they had.

We figured it was just a memory they had from back in the day but it was still unnerving.

In her last couple hours she said, "Tux (my grandpa) said he had some errands to run but he will be back later to walk me through the garden."

Death does strange things to people, I guess your body and mind just know when you're through or something

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 6:02:39 AM EDT
[#14]
My mother had 3 failed pregnancys before me.  All of them died just before birth, and when I was born, my mother was dead on the table for a couple minutes before she was revived.  As I grew older, like many kids, I had an "imaginary friend", except, mine was an imaginary older brother.  I didn't find out about the others until I was in my teens.  My dad told me that it creeped my mother out when id talk about my "imaginary older brother".

To add to it, I grew up near a cemetary; and I used to love taking a crayon and some paper over to the cemetary to take a rubbing off of whatever grave struck my fancy.  I tended to like the childrens graves.  The cemetarys staff all kinda knew me as a kid, 'cause I was there alone so much.  I kinda want to put together a ghost hunter kit, and start spending time in cemetarys again.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 6:28:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By Reservist:

I wonder if some really old dude lived out in those woods and he was just listening to some music like he does every night.

It would honestly make me feel better if it was.

It's a spooky fuckin story man. Honestly do you have any kind of hypothesis at what it might have been? Or after the incident happened and you were heading back did anyone else in your group say something about it that sounded close to what it might have been?

I just don't know... We were the only truck at the boat ramp that night with a boat. The other end of that river is dammed up next to Lake Sam Rayburn and that whole area is void of roads and houses. There are some river people that live on the lower side but nowhere where we were.

His Fren's dey ain't nice like him.

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 6:46:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DanNH] [#16]
<snip>

rereading the story makes me seems nuts...
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 6:51:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: REDMASTA] [#17]
I was out in the woods in Austin the other day and heard the same music you just mentioned! I took all the lighter fluid I had and started a brush fire to burn out whatever the hell that was and hightailed it outta Texas.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 9:10:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EasTexan] [#18]
Originally Posted By hkmp5s:

I'm sitting outside, playing guitar and I'm hearing Garth Brooks playing in the woods. I'm guessing it's some rednecks working on their truck like every night. Lol. Anyways it reminded me of my creepiest encounter I ever had out in the wilderness.

I was bow fishing one night with some buddies out on Dam-b. Its a very eerie part of the state. Cypress trees covered in Spanish moss coupled with long leaf pines and mixed hardwoods. The shallow waters are great for hunting big gar. Anyways, we were about thirty miles from the nearest town and had traveled up the river by boat another 30 to get to the good spots. I tell ya, you go back in these woods and you step back in time. Untouched by man and so damn unforgiving, its no surprise. It was about 11:30 P.M. when we entered the slough. There was no sound except for the humming of the trolling motor. He had decided not to use the generator and the halogen lights but instead use some rigged handheld 500,000 spot lights so we could hunt coons as well. That's when we heard it.

I was just putting a dip in when I heard the soft sound of music. Instantly, fear and confusion set in as I looked around. My buddies heard it as well and we could only listen, looking at each other for some sort of answer. No one could be out there, it was impossible. There were no roads, no way to climb the huge, clay cliffs made by the river. It was coming from the absolute wilderness. The tune was the most terrifying part. It was not a song anyone alive today would know. It sounded like it came from an old record player. It was scratchy and muffled with a woman's voice singing and it filled me with more adrenaline and fear than I have ever had in my whole life. I can only relate it to something from the turn of the century. By this time, Jake had stopped the trolling motor and we simply sat down and continued to listen. Its like we were in a trance. We know that back country and we know that this was not right. People never would have trecked through those marshes and woods to play a joke.

Then the music simply faded away. We sat there in the dark, waiting for something to move, something to give its position away so we could put the lights on it. Whoever or whatever it was would have surely made noise in the swamp water.

Nothing. Not a sound for thirty minutes. We felt after an experience like that, it was time to go.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/Texan6326/Damb.jpg

I'm familiar with that part of Texas, hell I was up that way a couple of weeks ago looking at property in Woodville. That place is remote to say the least. Your not getting a 4 wheeler in that area. The only way to get there is by boat on account of all the marsh and even quick sand.

I had to walk a freight train that went into emergency between Nacogdoches and Lufkin one night at about 3am along Alazan bayou. I don't let my imagination run away with it's self but I swear to god I had a bigfoot pacing me as I walked. I could even smell that fucker. When I would stop he would go another step and stop. I never saw him but In all honesty I wasn't looking that hard. It's pitch black in those woods. When I got to the end of my train I had had all that my nerves could stand so I got on the rear car and had my engineer drag the train into Lufkin so I could walk up.  

You ever get a chance go check out the "Saratoga light"?

Awesome, I live in Woodville. Yeah, we are the most rural county in all of SE Texas. It's a good place to raise a family though.

heck yeah, the Saratoga Bragg Light just outside of Kountze. Used to go down that road all the time a few years back when I was in High school. Fun stuff!
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Banjaxed:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3084/3229466444_5a091666a4.jpg

Well I'm off to dream sweet dreams. Keep em coming guys. I have a 48 hour shift tomorrow.

not as scary as

or

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#20]
The horror.....the horror.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#21]
This thread's spooky alright. It's scary how easily influenced some of our poster's seem to be. "My benefactor," indeed.

I enjoy the stories, though.

EasTexan, if you don't take a boombox and go fuck with someone the way someone fucked with y'all, you don't have a nut one. I'll go with you, but we'll probably have to duck incoming rounds when they get scared. I'll even find a scratchy, creepy old recording.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ByNameRequest:
Originally Posted By FP2000H:
Here's a doozy for you.

In my freshman year of high school, I developed a keen fascination with the occult. I moved in circles beyond my years and a practicing occultist took me in under his wing. It was interesting.

During my novitiate period, I was given an artifact to wear. It was an inverted crucifix of ornate design with a loop integrated at the tip of the crucifix. Through this loop passed a leather strap and this artifact was around my neck all the time.

One night, my older half brother has a little too much to drink and starts roughing me around. We're out in public off a side street walking home from the arcade. He grabs the crucifix and rips it from my neck throwing it down to the ground. I heard it clatter against the side of the curb. We had been out a little late and my dad just so happened upon the scene as he was out driving looking for us. He piled me and my younger brother into the car as my older, drunk half-brother stormed off into the night.

When I got home, I went to my room to compose myself. I was livid over what had happened. As I shambled about in the room, I very quickly discovered the leather strap around my neck. I was surprised, to say the least, as I expected the leather strap to have broken when the amulet was ripped away. The next logical step was that the integrated loop had broken being the weakest point in the construction of the design. When I inspected the crucifix, it was intact in its entirety.

I would not hesitate to put that amulet in the category of a power object. My benefactor was never clear with me as to its origins.

It's not a "creepy" story of the like that has been presented here, but the implication that such things can exist in our world is somewhat unnerving.

Do you still have the necklace?

I do not. Last time I saw the guy was maybe six years ago. He is still a practicing occultist, and still gives me the creeps.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Neez:
Originally Posted By Willmar:
It's times like these that I'm glad I drive through Kisatchie National Forest in the daytime.

Dammit, I'm going to turn some lights on and go to bed. This thread can wait until morning.

What area?

I usually drive Hwy 117 between Leesville and Natchitoches but sometimes I'll cut through to hit Longleaf Vista and pop out on I49 a little further south.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By HellBent:
I've always liked these threads when they pop up, but have never contributed...

I'll toss in a couple from a hospital I used to work at in my hometown.  Closed down a couple of years ago, was recently used as a set for a "Humans vs Zombies" flick coming out this year.

Worked nights there as an ER tech for a couple of years after EMT school - this would have been in the early 90's.  There were always tales about the top floor, which had once been the Labor/Delivery ward (I was actually one of the last kids born there, in 1975, before they stopped doing L&D).  Older nurses wouldn't go up alone and some would swear to hear crying babies and other phenomenon at night - the ward hadn't seen a birth in over 20 years at the time, and only housed daytime surgery and lab (I always figured this was just another "urban legend" type of story that eventually springs up around any facility over time) .  This becomes important in the last part of my story...

Anyhow, at the time the ER was only manned at night by a tech (me) and the Charge Nurse for the floor would come to the ER when a patient presented.  Being an empty facility (separated by a loooong hallway from the inhabited areas), and being alone in the area that had seen more deaths than I could count brought it's own creep factor.  The only REALLY significant event I personally witnessed is fairly minor, but freaked us out pretty good.

One cold winter's night, the ER Nurse was finishing up some charting after a patient had left.  The nurse's station was separated from my location by only about 20 feet, and she could monitor anyone coming into the ER from there.  I thought I'd take the opportunity to stretch my legs (a chance I only got if a nurse was present to monitor the ER Entrance) and grab a soda from the vending machine, down near the med/surg floor.  I poked my head in and asked if she wanted anything then headed out for the snacks.  I got a little caught up in whatever was playing on the TV in the lounge area and loitered around for maybe 5 minutes.  When I strolled back into her spot (from the west hallway), her eyes got a little big and she looked concerned... She asked where I just came from, and I told her the breakroom.  She thought I had already been back as she heard someone go into the bathroom (which was just east of her spot).  No problem, someone probably entered the ER and stepped into the restroom with the entry unmanned, it happens...  The restroom was a single entry "one-holer" - just a door into a small, 3x3 or so room with a sink and toilet.  I stood outside the door for a few seconds, preparing to knock and make sure that no one was needing any sort of assistance - it WAS an ER after all...  We heard the faucet handles squeak and water running, a little shuffling - typical bathroom noise.  After maybe 30 seconds of silence, i decided to knock, again just making sure that someone hadn't wandered in and passed out.  I knocked once and asked if they needed help, only answer was the toilet flushing.  Waited a few more seconds and knocked again - nothing...  

By now, I'm getting a little concerned for the welfare of the apparent deaf/mute in the shitter.  The nurse ducked back into her station to retrieve the screwdriver we used as a "key" - less than 10 foot away and only out of sight for MAYBE 3 seconds.  I knocked once more and then popped the lock.  Room was COMPLETELY empty.  Light was on (which was normally off, the door stood open until occupied) and drops of water were still beaded up on the porcelain sink.  The toilet was finishing refilling, water still running into the bowl, and shut off as we stood there.  There was absolutely NO alternative exit from the room.  I wanted to believe it was just a freak plumbing episode, but we so clearly heard the squeaky faucet knobs being turned, SQUEAK ON - RUNNING WATER - SQUEAK OFF.  Even turned the knobs myself to replicate the sound....

Segue to a few weeks later.  Same nurse and myself on duty.  I mentioned earlier that the nurses HATED going upstairs at night.  Unfortunately, lab slips had to be time-stamped at 4 AM.  One of our local officers made it a point to stop by each morning, bringing us snacks from the local stop-and-rob then escorting the charge nurse upstairs for the 5 minutes or so it would take to stamp the slips.  If an officer was unavailable, a second nurse from the floor would go (But NEVER the older nurses - they refused and cited the crying babies/self-rolling stretchers/slamming doors/etc).  One of the officers had even related a story to me of opening the lab door for one of the nurses and having it slammed FORCEFULLY back into him.  Suspecting a break-in, he forced the door and found the room empty that night as well...

Anyhow, the NIQ (Nurse in Question) on this particular night had been giving me some grief after the bathroom incident, trying to sneak into the area and toss objects/slam doors/flicker lights - whatever she could do to spook me.  I decided on revenge.  I called Officer Friendly and told him that he should be "busy" come 4 A.M., but to park his patrol car at the back entrance and be ready to help me with my plan...  When the hour arrived, the NIQ strolls up to my desk, asking if I'd seen her cop escort.  I feigned a phone call to the dispatcher and told her that he was busy.  No problem, she'd get a nurse to accompany her.  Once her "escort" arrived, they headed for the elevators - obviously a little uneasy.

Perfect.

I called my accomplice inside and showed him my evil plan.  I had taken the spare ambulance stretcher and made a "body" on it.  Pillows where the chest would be, an inflated glove to form the head.  Rolled up blankets made the legs and a manila file folder tee-pee'd for feet.  With a sheet draped over it, it bore a striking resemblance to a covered corpse.  The second floor had three exits - a fire exit on the FAAAAAAR end of the spooky hallway, and the elevator itself, which was adjacent to the second fire exit door.  We gave them sufficient time to enter the lab, and then called the elevator back down.  Once we had rolled our "corpse" into the elevator, we sent it back up and made a dash for the fire exit door it faced, standing in the stairwell and holding it tightly closed.  In no time at all we hear them exit the lab, talking nervously like women do with they're a little scared but under control.  I heard them push the "down" button, and heard the elevator doors slide open - and then all hell broke loose...

Coffee cups crashed, two women screamed with the voices of 20, one bounced off the wall, while the other tried desperately (and in vain) to open the fire door to escape.  After a few seconds, we opened the door for them, howling with laughter.  They were nearly in tears, 2 dozen lab slips were scattered across the hallway, coffee was dripping from the ceiling.

But, she NEVER fucked with me again...

Our city is hosting this Halloween's Haunted House in the old hospital building this year.  I hope to get some quality time on that second floor...

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#25]
To lighten the mood here is a funny story but we were scared shitless at the time. Me and a few freinds were put camping on some powerline property and we were all ready to go to sleep. At about 1am we heard this god awful demonic screeching sound. We all popped up and looked at each other wondering Wtf was that? What ever made the noise was getting close to the tent. Then you could distinctly hear that there were atleast 4-5 of these things out there. By this time the fire had died out and we only had a full moon out so we could barely make out the figures being shadowed on the wall of the tent. One of buddies start freaking out saying we are about to die and tried to get him to shut up. I reached in to my back pack where I had a pistol that my dad gave me whenever we went camping. The figures got closer and closer making the same noise. So we finally decide to muster up the courage to look outside and we convinced our buddy who was freaking out too take a look. He started unzipping the door and me and another buddy leaned back and kicked him out the door. Shit started turning over our buddy was screaming in horror as he landed on one of these things. It turns out it was a flock of turkeys. I have never heard a teenage boy scream like that before.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#26]
You haven't lived until you walk into a locked shop beside your house and find blood all over the floor, walls, and ceiling.

One night I looked out my window and the glass shop light was on. So I grabbed my MagLite and .380 and head outside. As I walked around the house and got halfway to the shop, the light went out. Cautiously, I approached the shop, and shined the light through the window, but couldn't see much due to the glare. So I unlocked the door and slowly opened it, pistol in hand. As I flipped on the light, I was met with a room drenched in blood. Spatters and streaks everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By sweptvolume:
You haven't lived until you walk into a locked shop beside your house and find blood all over the floor, walls, and ceiling.

One night I looked out my window and the glass shop light was on. So I grabbed my MagLite and .380 and head outside. As I walked around the house and got halfway to the shop, the light went out. Cautiously, I approached the shop, and shined the light through the window, but couldn't see much due to the glare. So I unlocked the door and slowly opened it, pistol in hand. As I flipped on the light, I was met with a room drenched in blood. Spatters and streaks everywhere.

Droplet size?

Pattern?

I'm sure you collected a sample and photographed the scene.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 11:04:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MrMojoRising:

Droplet size?

Pattern?

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 11:11:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: troublesome] [#29]

C/P from the other thread

I grew up in a town in SC, along the Conagree River in Columbia. Along the river after the Gervais St bridge, there is a set of old locks, called the Granby Locks. Along the trail we used as kids to get there, you passed an old cemetery, remains of obviously old houses, ect. The cemetery has Revolutionary War, Civil War and graves dating back to the family that founded the city. There is an old marker noting that General George Washington visited the Granby Family for their contributions to the war. Well, as time went by, the cemetery went unkempt, and grave stones had fallen over, ect. One summer, the city came through and cleaned the place up pretty good, weeded the place and mowed the grass around it. I even made charcoal markings out of some of the graves. Well, during that summer, we would go swimming and jump off the Locks into the Congaree and other swimming holes along the river....but the only way back was to either walk through brush, or to walk that old trail with that freshly cleaned, creepy graveyard.

One night after fishing late alone, I walked home with tackle box and pole, and a old Jansport bookbag down that trail. It was only a little over a mile or so long from where I had been fishing and it basically ended 50 yards from my house and I'd done it hundreds of times before so I wasn't particularly worried about anything. Well, as I walked past the Locks and beside the graveyard, nervousness and panic just overtook my body and mind. I was paralyzed, I couldn't move, think, or even breath it seemed. All i could do was hear. I heard babies crying. Not just one, multiple babies. I don't know how long I was standing there; seconds, minutes, hours, I don't know. As soon as I snapped to I was standing underneath a doctor putting all these things on my head.

My dad says this is what happened: He was under the carport changing the oil in an old Chevy of his. He heard me coming up through the woods like a bat out of Hell and got up from under the car to see what the hell was wrong with me. He said I was white as a ghost, and couldn't put a proper sentence together to save my life. Said I was just mumbling garbage and wouldn't stop pacing around. He went and got my Mother and she insisted I must have fallen and got a concussion. Doc says no signs of a fall, trauma to the head ect. I go home 2 days later, good as new.

Years later in college; I hear that during the slavery days, some kook who lived along the river, along that trail, would often discard unwanted slave babies into the outhouses where they would drown and die.

When told of that, I relayed the story to my Prof. and he said I wasn't the first one that had told him about hearing crying babies along that part of the river.

Haven't been back since. Now I believe the Cayce-West Columbia River Walk runs along beside this same cemetery.

Creeps me out just typing this.

ETA: After years of thinking, I do believe I fell down somewhere along the trail and gave my self a concussion, but I still heard those damn babies.

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 11:14:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sweptvolume] [#30]

Droplet size?

Pattern?

Hell yeah man. I went all CSI on that shit! Took high rez photos, measured each droplet, and sent samples to my buddy at the crime lab. It had DNA like a human, but was slightly mutated. Some men in black suits showed up a few days later, seized our property, condemned it and set it to flame.

We cleaned the blood up and my old man attributed it to a mink having killed something. I didn't agree. You can make your own conclusion.

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#31]
You can make your own conclusion.

I'll call the lab and have them send me your file.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#32]
You can make your own conclusion.

I'll call the lab and have them send me your file.

Make sure you have the right clearance. My uncle was a Marine SEAL operator with the Rangers in Moscow. When he tried to get it, he couldn't.

Why are you pissing in the Creepy Thread  
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Sorry, I didn't think you guys were actually being serious with this shit.

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#34]
tag
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 11:50:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LuvBUSHmaster] [#36]
The Russian "buzzer" creeps me the fuck out. To know that it's an open mic in the middle of no where just broadcasting a buzz...ugh, freaky shit.

http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=62858
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UVB-76

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#37]
I've got one.

My grandpa died of lung cancer when I was 13, and my dad told me a story about him that still creeps me out, but in a good way.

Right before he died, he told my dad about a dream he had. He was on painkillers 24/7 by that time, but dad said he spoke clearly

during the telling of his dream and then drifted off again. He told my dad he was in a big room, and there were people in the room having

a feast. He said all the people looked familiar, like family, and they were all smiling at him. He told my dad a little girl ran up and gave him a hug, and then

a toothless old man smiled at him and beckoned for him to come join them. My dad asked him who the little girl was, and my grandpa told

him "it was your little girl, she looked just like you." The thing is, my mother had a miscarriage before any of me or my brothers were born,

but they didn't tell anyone because they were young. Only my parents and the doctor knew. It was a little girl. My grandpa died a few days later.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 12:06:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I wonder if some really old dude lived out in those woods and he was just listening to some music like he does every night.

Fishing, for a boy-friend.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By THR-Thumper:

Lol.

Creepy thread is seriousness business.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By RedRyder21:

My Grandmother also spent her last days in my parents home on hospice care and they experienced the same sort of things. On the day she passed she said something to my mother about a black dog and how he was a good boy and she should help him. At he time my mother just dismissed it as rambling as by that point Grandma was on a lot of morphine. A few days after the funeral a black male GSD mix pup showed up out at their place. This is way out in the country so it's not unusual for strays to turn up out there as people drive out and dump their unwanted pets in that area but still it was odd coincidence. They kept him for a week or two until they found him a home.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Casimir_Pulaski:
I've got one.

My grandpa died of lung cancer when I was 13, and my dad told me a story about him that still creeps me out, but in a good way.

Right before he died, he told my dad about a dream he had. He was on painkillers 24/7 by that time, but dad said he spoke clearly

during the telling of his dream and then drifted off again. He told my dad he was in a big room, and there were people in the room having

a feast. He said all the people looked familiar, like family, and they were all smiling at him. He told my dad a little girl ran up and gave him a hug, and then

a toothless old man smiled at him and beckoned for him to come join them. My dad asked him who the little girl was, and my grandpa told

him "it was your little girl, she looked just like you." The thing is, my mother had a miscarriage before any of me or my brothers were born,

but they didn't tell anyone because they were young. Only my parents and the doctor knew. It was a little girl. My grandpa died a few days later.

that right there is creepy, really makes you wonder about the other side.

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Good one EasTexan!

I was driving home one night and as I pulled up to the garage, I saw a dark form standing under our old sodium vapor lamp. Strange thing was, neither the light from the lamp, nor the light from my SUV actually illuminated it.  

I put the truck in park, grabbed a light jacket from the seat beside me, and stepped out, fully expecting to have found a lost child. As I got halfway to it, two eyes opened and shined brightly from within the dark form.

At this point I am scared shitless, but before I could do anything besides stare in sheer terror, it left.

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 12:43:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By DeathDealer164:
Good one EasTexan!

I was driving home one night and as I pulled up to the garage, I saw a dark form standing under our old sodium vapor lamp. Strange thing was, neither the light from the lamp, nor the light from my SUV actually illuminated it.  

I put the truck in park, grabbed a light jacket from the seat beside me, and stepped out, fully expecting to have found a lost child. As I got halfway to it, two eyes opened and shined brightly from within the dark form.

At this point I am scared shitless, but before I could do anything besides stare in sheer terror, it left.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kzi6feVG6F1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By LuvBUSHmaster:
The Russian "buzzer" creeps me the fuck out. To know that it's an open mic in the middle of no where just broadcasting a buzz...ugh, freaky shit.

http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=62858
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UVB-76

Creepy shit on shortwave is the best way to invite "that feeling" into your house, even if it's a bright sunny day outside.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#45]
I have posted this before but I love these types of threads so here I go again. We have a family farm in Oklahoma. Part of it, the more secluded part is on the river bottoms. This is my favorite place to be at night. I keep my Jeep at the farm and always go prowling around at night in it. I keep the top, and doors off and the windshield down. One night I take off with my father-in-law riding shotgun. I have an AR and a 10-22 in the floor mounted gun rack and a Glock on my side. I start heading down in to the bottoms down towards the river at about 11:45 p.m. About half way down this strange feeling comes over me. Something is NOT RIGHT. I can’t explain it, just a feeling of evil watching me. The farther I go the worse it gets. It gets to the point that it is overwhelming me, I can feel it in my chest, and all the hair on the back of my neck is standing up. I keep on driving faster than usual to get past the area. I look over at my father-in-law and he is showing no emotion so I know he doesn’t feel it. I don’t say anything because I know he can spook a little easy and if he spooks he will make it worse and he may want one of my guns and that is a dangerous thought in its self. The feeling starts to subside and goes away once I get down to the river.

Now that I am down to the river there is only two ways out. They are both the direction I came in. The way I came in was more open and the other way is just a path that was just dozed out of the trees and brush. The second path is tight, not bad, just tight; Driver and passenger can put their hands out while driving and touch brush, just enough room for a vehicle with turnaround impossible. I start to weigh my options and pick trail #2, it is tight but it is a little farther over.
I take off and the path is tight. I start to get mad at myself for getting freaked out over nothing. Everything is going good and then the feeling starts coming back. The path is rough so it takes one hand on the wheel and one on the shifter. I pop the strap free on my Glock. I will never explain the feeling that started to overtake me. It was twice as bad as before, I can’t hardly breath, my heart is pounding, my mind is racing, and this feeling is literally overtaking me. Every muscle in my body is tensed beyond belief. I am trying to look into the trees to see if I can see something but scared too because of what I might see. The best way to explain it is PURE EVIL, LIKE PENDING DEATH. I can’t go very fast because the trail is so rough, and parts are straight up then straight down, then through a creek bed, I am having to run in 4wheel low in 1st and 2nd gear. I am encased in brush and trees all around me.

I finally get through it back out of the bottoms. I drive back to the headquarters and parked the Jeep and unload my guns out of the Jeep. My father-in-law looks at me kind of funny. Usually he will ride with me for a little while, and then I drop him off and go back on my own until at least 1 or 2 in the morning. He said are you done? with a puzzled expression. I said yes. He asked why? because I always enjoy being in the bottoms in the middle of the night by myself. I told him that there is something evil back in there that means great harm to me, I got through it once but I am not going to try it again, nothing in this world save family would get me back in there tonight.

I will never know what was in those bottoms with me that night but SOMETHING WAS. The feelings that came over me tell me it is better I never know. The next weekend I was back in the bottoms with no fear and no worries and have been countless times since with no dread and no fear. It wasn’t that I got spooked; I have never been spooked in there before, and not since. I honestly feel to this day that I escaped an evil greater than I have ever known.

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#46]
When I was in my early teens, my younger brother and I decided we were going to go camping by ourselves.  We lived on the family farm which was 15 miles from the nearest small town and 45 miles from any decent amount of civilization.

We set up our camp in a wooded ravine area.  Not being experienced campers, we chose an area that was lightly muddy figuring it would make the ground softer under the tent.  We left our stuff there, got on the 3-wheeler, and went fishing.

Instead of going back to the camp after we were done, we went home to eat, shower, and relax.  We finally decided we would go back well after it was dark.  When we got there, the area seemed much colder than it should be.  I just chalked this up to it being in a ravine, but it really made me feel uneasy.  I could tell my brother was scared as well, but neither of us was going to look like a wuss first.  The area was incredibly quiet and both of us were not saying anything either.  We were both just listening and trying to not be a whimp.

Soon after I fell asleep my brother shakes me.  I looked up and he has his flashlight on covered with his hand so I can barely see him, he looks mortified.  He whispers for me to listen.  I sat there for what seemed like a minute just listening to complete silence.  I hear this soft child like giggle.  The nearest house to were we are is 4 miles away, there was no explaining why we heard a child giggling.  Now we were really listening and a minute later we hear something like someone walking through the standing water that is about 50 feet from us.  That is it, we grabbed our 22 rifles, unzipped the tent and started the 3-wheeler as fast as we could and got the hell out of there.  

The next day we went back with our older brother to get our stuff.  Everything was as we left it.  When we went to go look at the muddy area with the standing water, there was nothing.  No signs of tracks of any kind, just nothing.  I know we heard something moving through it and it was muddy.  Something would have had to left tracks.

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Here is another one I have posted before that happened to my cousin. He and two of his buddies had a very remote hunting lease. There was one part that had some pretty thick growth that they would hunt together. Well one day they decided that they would walk through it at the same time but separated out so they could see what they could flush out. My cousin was on the end of the line and they took off. My cousin hadn’t gone too far and one of the guys suddenly appeared to his side and out in front of him. It pissed my cousin off. He started yelling at him demanding why he was so close and why was he out in front like that. His buddy wouldn’t respond and that made him even madder. The growth was pretty thick and it was starting to get dark outside but he could tell his friend wouldn’t even look him in the face, he just kept on walking, and this made him even madder. Finally my cousin tells him that he is lucky he didn’t get shot and at this his buddy cuts off straight away from him and disappears into the brush. Well they finally all come out on the other side and my cousin starts laying into his friend. His friend just has this confused look on his face, he tells him he never saw or heard my cousin. He then explains the line he took and it was impossible for him to get that close to my cousin. At first my cousin thinks that they are screwing with him and they think the same of him. My cousin then thinks about the clothes the guy had on and they are different than what he had just seen, then it hits them that there was an armed man in there with them. The closest person to them was supposed to be a good fifteen miles away and they didn’t see any other vehicles on the lease. Now here they are on the opposite side of this dense growth with an unknown armed man in there somewhere with their truck on the other side. They went around and got out of there ASAP.

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 12:59:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By FP2000H:
Here's a doozy for you.

In my freshman year of high school, I developed a keen fascination with the occult. I moved in circles beyond my years and a practicing occultist took me in under his wing. It was interesting.

During my novitiate period, I was given an artifact to wear. It was an inverted crucifix of ornate design with a loop integrated at the tip of the crucifix. Through this loop passed a leather strap and this artifact was around my neck all the time.

One night, my older half brother has a little too much to drink and starts roughing me around. We're out in public off a side street walking home from the arcade. He grabs the crucifix and rips it from my neck throwing it down to the ground. I heard it clatter against the side of the curb. We had been out a little late and my dad just so happened upon the scene as he was out driving looking for us. He piled me and my younger brother into the car as my older, drunk half-brother stormed off into the night.

When I got home, I went to my room to compose myself. I was livid over what had happened. As I shambled about in the room, I very quickly discovered the leather strap around my neck. I was surprised, to say the least, as I expected the leather strap to have broken when the amulet was ripped away. The next logical step was that the integrated loop had broken being the weakest point in the construction of the design. When I inspected the crucifix, it was intact in its entirety.

I would not hesitate to put that amulet in the category of a power object. My benefactor was never clear with me as to its origins.

It's not a "creepy" story of the like that has been presented here, but the implication that such things can exist in our world is somewhat unnerving.

Which flavor, if you don't mind me asking? I had some interesting experiences of my own when I was dabbling in Santeria...

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Tag for later.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By JeepGunR:
... I always enjoy being in the bottoms in the middle of the night...

Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top