Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:

Proof?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4v50:

Triangular aircraft is ours and we do have a cloaking device like in Predator.

Proof?

You say that like you don't trust the word of  a random guy on a web forum.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:42:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By kar98k:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kar98k:

Originally Posted By 4v50:

Triangular aircraft is ours and we do have a cloaking device like in Predator.

Proof?

Cloaking device I can't speak to, but the aircraft was photographed over Kansas:  

Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:48:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By kozaki:

Cloaking device I can't speak to, but the aircraft was photographed over Kansas:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Oc26eWoLdc
View Quote

Triangle UFOs have been spotted for years.  Possibly military aircraft.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:52:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Homer21:

Triangle UFOs have been spotted for years.  Possibly military aircraft.
View Quote

Ayup, I know it, but not generally in broad daylight leaving visible contrail.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:55:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Beardog308:
My ex and I are in a small southern Sierra town. Im there for a mountain bike race; Shes there for the street fair to sell her soap and other hippy shit. My mom is with us too. My dad had recently passed and I didnt want her holed up in her house.

We're staying in an old inn that supposedly has some resident ghosts, although Ive never seen them any of the times Ive stayed there, but did experience something weird.

Its the night before the race and street fair so we all go to bed early. Sometime during the night, I peel myself from my sleeping body. Im standing in the room looking at myself, the ex and my mom slèeping in bed. Then I drift through the door and float over the second story wrought iron railing. Its daylight and I float up the street over the street fair crowd. The people watching is outstanding and I was thinking how my dad wouldve loved this. I continue to float up the street and look over at a Craftsman style house. Im level with the dormer and in the window is my dad, laughing his ass off.

The next morning, before I ride to the start line, I ride up the street to see if the house is really there and it was. Exactly as in my dream.
View Quote

There is a term for that called, "Astral Projection."
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:12:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mayday] [#7]

Reminds me of the Charlie Noonan story: The words that accompany reproductions of this photograph are pretty much always the same. They tell us that the picture was taken by a man called Charlie Noonan who was a folklorist and collector of supernatural tales and who travelled the south-western portion of the US early last century. On his travels, Noonan was told a curious story by an Oklahoman farmer; a story about a strange woman that had a bit of reputation for being unusual. The farmer knew that the woman lived alone in a particularly lonely spot and he told Noonan that he was quite sure that she wasn’t, in fact, human. What brought him to that conclusion has been lost but a few meagre points remain: she was never seen without wearing a headscarf, she was always accompanied by a large dog and an unsettling feeling would afflict those who saw her. Now, none of those three things are particularly unusual (save fo the latter, I suppose) but, according to his wife Ellie, Noonan was thouroughly intrigued and one day he set off to find the woman. He was never seen again.

Months later, a newspaper report describing Noonan’s disappearance was read by a pawnbroker in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He had in his possession a camera with a name engraved on it: Charlie Noonan. It had been sold to him by a drifter that the broker remembered as eerily odd. He posted the camera  to Ellie and she had the film developed as soon as she could, hoping that a clue to her husband’s whereabouts might be on it.

The photo above was, apparently, the only picture on the roll of film and hints that the image might have been one of the last things that Charlie Noonan saw. The rest remains a mystery.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#8]
 That is a horrible photoshop 
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Or maybe the aura from the creature in the scarf made it look like that!

You don't know...
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:38:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ACDer] [#11]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:
View Quote

The original before alteration. Its history is well known and not supernatural.

https://shortoncontent.wordpress.com/2015/10/06/solved-the-last-photo-of-charlie-noonan/
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mayday:
https://shortoncontent.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/01_charlienoonan.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_fpUo7GL-e0/UZ7Lv4cGB2I/AAAAAAAAARw/-0cyVgSlyh0/s1600/1369253506976.jpg

Reminds me of the Charlie Noonan story: The words that accompany reproductions of this photograph are pretty much always the same. They tell us that the picture was taken by a man called Charlie Noonan who was a folklorist and collector of supernatural tales and who travelled the south-western portion of the US early last century. On his travels, Noonan was told a curious story by an Oklahoman farmer; a story about a strange woman that had a bit of reputation for being unusual. The farmer knew that the woman lived alone in a particularly lonely spot and he told Noonan that he was quite sure that she wasn’t, in fact, human. What brought him to that conclusion has been lost but a few meagre points remain: she was never seen without wearing a headscarf, she was always accompanied by a large dog and an unsettling feeling would afflict those who saw her. Now, none of those three things are particularly unusual (save fo the latter, I suppose) but, according to his wife Ellie, Noonan was thouroughly intrigued and one day he set off to find the woman. He was never seen again.

Months later, a newspaper report describing Noonan’s disappearance was read by a pawnbroker in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He had in his possession a camera with a name engraved on it: Charlie Noonan. It had been sold to him by a drifter that the broker remembered as eerily odd. He posted the camera  to Ellie and she had the film developed as soon as she could, hoping that a clue to her husband’s whereabouts might be on it.

The photo above was, apparently, the only picture on the roll of film and hints that the image might have been one of the last things that Charlie Noonan saw. The rest remains a mystery.
View Quote

Solved

Old Indian woman in taos nm
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 3:43:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Smoke detector in the hallway started freaking out. I pulled it, hardware not battery.

Close to where I've seen the bastard before. It stops screeching when I get near it. My GF knows about my past experiences with the bastard. Alarm seemed to go off for just one trill while we were discussing it. 
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Mikhail_86:
Smoke detector in the hallway started freaking out. I pulled it, hardware not battery.

Close to where I've seen the bastard before. It stops screeching when I get near it. My GF knows about my past experiences with the bastard. Alarm seemed to go off for just one trill while we were discussing it. 
View Quote

I would replace it entirely. You shouldn't place your safety in faulty hardware.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:56:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: firemedic2000] [#15]
Being a firefighter, a smoke detector even after removing the battery will hold a residual charge for a while and beep or go off in very very second bursts over several hour period. Not all the time. Sometimes.

I got aggravated with my hallway detector once while cooking. I swear you could breath on it and it would go off. I took it down. It's run by electricity and battery. I had to put it under a pillow in the guest room. Because it would keep going off sporadically for hours in short bursts. Like a one second bursts.

So no it's probably not faulty or haunted

But like Wildboar said they are so inexpensive why take a chance that it could be faulty by some chance. Just replace it and mount that one someplace else.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:09:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: firemedic2000] [#16]
I just got some thermals. I'm going to check out the cemetery down by the river where I fish and see if I can see anything with them

I remember when I first moved here and taking my boat up the Little Manatee river and fishing where the the cemetery is on the river. Before I even knew about the the cemetery being there my buddies and I would always talk about feeling like we were being watched by someone at that spot. That cemetery butts right up to the rivers edge.

Now that I know it's there I can't fish right below the bank from it like I did in the past. That being watched feeling is to strong and knowing that the cemetery is there now.....well...... my buddies and I are checking it with thermals
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Found a few of my old toys in my mom's attic while at her house cleaning some stuff up. This subject matter intrigued me even as a 5-10 year old.

Wendigo, Zombie, Bigfoot in typical arfcom fashion haha

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#18]
This is from my archived thread HERE.

It may not be as creepy to some of you, but it gave me the heebie-jeebies.

"My youngest son said something today as I was driving that just knocked my socks off. I am usually a skeptic about stuff like this, but it left me really scratching my head.

First, some backstory:

For about exactly one year now, my estranged wife and I have been separated (long story for another post). During that time she decided to move across town, and since we each split custody of our two kids, I spend a lot of time driving them around. My youngest (Jacob/4yo) has been diagnosed with Autism. He is quite high functioning, but it's pretty obvious that he is not a typically developing child. He's not much of a talker, but he has speech and can have conversations when prompted.

On our morning commute, I decided to take a new shortcut on the way to UW campus after having dropped off my oldest at school. I was driving back roads, and we passed some building in the Fremont/Wallingford area of Seattle. Out of nowhere, Jacob announced rather bluntly that "he had been in 'that' building before he was a baby." I thought it was quite a profound statement, and questioned him about it a few times to make sure that is what he really meant. He confirmed it over and over that he meant before he was born, and I just chalked it up as something kids say, and didn't make too much out of it, as I had midterm exam to concentrate on.

This evening, I stopped by my folks place to visit and have some dinner. As I related what I said to my parents, my dad was shocked. He pointed out that our family had once owned a business in that vicinity—around the WW2 era till the 1960s. Now my curiosity was piqued, and we both decided to pull out our phone and point out on a map where: a) Jake had said what he said, and b) where the family business was... Neither of us would look at each other's map as we looked so that we wouldn't be influenced by the other person. When we looked at the others' map, WE HAD EACH POINTED TO THE SAME BLOCK... We were both stunned. My dad and I are thinking of finding old pictures of the building and just leaving them out to see if he makes another mention of it. Not really sure what it would prove if he did make another mention of it, but it's fun to think about.

Normally I am a skeptic about paranormal stuff, but due to Jake's autism, he doesn't just blurt out profound statements like this. Does it have to do with reincarnation? I don't know, but I can tell you that it is one hell of a coincidence if it doesn't.

Anyway, my mind is blown right now, and I thought I'd post and ask if anyone else had any similar stories."
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

I have found that if the battery is good it's usually that the thing is dirty. I blow them out with some canned air and they stop doing that.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Miracle_Pants:

I have found that if the battery is good it's usually that the thing is dirty. I blow them out with some canned air and they stop doing that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Miracle_Pants:

This one is hardwired in, no battery
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote
Ours will chirp for a few hours (had one go for almost a day) even with no battery or hooked into the wiring.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:04:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SkilletsUSMC:

"My youngest son said something today as I was driving that just knocked my socks off. I am usually a skeptic about stuff like this, but it left me really scratching my head.

First, some backstory:

For about exactly one year now, my estranged wife and I have been separated (long story for another post). During that time she decided to move across town, and since we each split custody of our two kids, I spend a lot of time driving them around. My youngest (Jacob/4yo) has been diagnosed with Autism. He is quite high functioning, but it's pretty obvious that he is not a typically developing child. He's not much of a talker, but he has speech and can have conversations when prompted.

On our morning commute, I decided to take a new shortcut on the way to UW campus after having dropped off my oldest at school. I was driving back roads, and we passed some building in the Fremont/Wallingford area of Seattle. Out of nowhere, Jacob announced rather bluntly that "he had been in 'that' building before he was a baby." I thought it was quite a profound statement, and questioned him about it a few times to make sure that is what he really meant. He confirmed it over and over that he meant before he was born, and I just chalked it up as something kids say, and didn't make too much out of it, as I had midterm exam to concentrate on.

This evening, I stopped by my folks place to visit and have some dinner. As I related what I said to my parents, my dad was shocked. He pointed out that our family had once owned a business in that vicinity—around the WW2 era till the 1960s. Now my curiosity was piqued, and we both decided to pull out our phone and point out on a map where: a) Jake had said what he said, and b) where the family business was... Neither of us would look at each other's map as we looked so that we wouldn't be influenced by the other person. When we looked at the others' map, WE HAD EACH POINTED TO THE SAME BLOCK... We were both stunned. My dad and I are thinking of finding old pictures of the building and just leaving them out to see if he makes another mention of it. Not really sure what it would prove if he did make another mention of it, but it's fun to think about.

Normally I am a skeptic about paranormal stuff, but due to Jake's autism, he doesn't just blurt out profound statements like this. Does it have to do with reincarnation? I don't know, but I can tell you that it is one hell of a coincidence if it doesn't.

Anyway, my mind is blown right now, and I thought I'd post and ask if anyone else had any similar stories."
View Quote

I remember that thread well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:21:32 AM EDT
[#23]

First, some backstory:

View Quote

Some people think there's such a thing as genetic memory.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:24:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Ours will chirp for a few hours (had one go for almost a day) even with no battery or hooked into the wiring.
View All Quotes

And this is why God invented hammers.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:43:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

And this is why God invented hammers.
View Quote
Cut to Phoebe from 'Friends' smashing the smoke detector only for it to continue to chirp.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:51:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By firemedic2000:
I just got some thermals. I'm going to check out the cemetery down by the river where I fish and see if I can see anything with them

I remember when I first moved here and taking my boat up the Little Manatee river and fishing where the the cemetery is on the river. Before I even knew about the the cemetery being there my buddies and I would always talk about feeling like we were being watched by someone at that spot. That cemetery butts right up to the rivers edge.

Now that I know it's there I can't fish right below the bank from it like I did in the past. That being watched feeling is to strong and knowing that the cemetery is there now.....well...... my buddies and I are checking it with thermals
View Quote

There is good chance you will find something that you don't want to find.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:56:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By FistPeso:

There is good chance you will find something that you don't want to find.
View Quote

Are you a wizard?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:17:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Demosthenes99:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Demosthenes99:

First, some backstory:

I have no idea how that would work, but it could be. I will google it a bit for fun.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Oh man!  Monsters in My Pocket.  Those bring back some memories.

Originally Posted By GTHKTX:
Found a few of my old toys in my mom's attic while at her house cleaning some stuff up. This subject matter intrigued me even as a 5-10 year old.

Wendigo, Zombie, Bigfoot in typical arfcom fashion haha

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/348209/MIMP-162230.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:13:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Brohawk:
One of my brothers posted this on FB:

So. I'm at the house that we're moving out of. Just a few things left. But still do laundry there. By myself. No tv or radio. Just the wind howling. Suddenly, I swear it sounded like someone jumped hard on the floor upstairs. I yelled but nothing. So, my son Tyler shows up and we're talking and heard more strange noises. As we're leaving, I'm locking the door. And I swear I heard a scream from inside the house. You can't make this crap up. Have to go back tomorrow and do more cleaning. But, I'm not going alone...

I asked him if he had experienced anything before this, and he said there were times he woke up during the night and swore he saw somebody in his bedroom.
View Quote
Good thing he's moving out.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:33:48 AM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brohawk:
One of my brothers posted this on FB:

So. I'm at the house that we're moving out of. Just a few things left. But still do laundry there. By myself. No tv or radio. Just the wind howling. Suddenly, I swear it sounded like someone jumped hard on the floor upstairs. I yelled but nothing. So, my son Tyler shows up and we're talking and heard more strange noises. As we're leaving, I'm locking the door. And I swear I heard a scream from inside the house. You can't make this crap up. Have to go back tomorrow and do more cleaning. But, I'm not going alone...

I asked him if he had experienced anything before this, and he said there were times he woke up during the night and swore he saw somebody in his bedroom.

Yeah, I'd be "the fuck out of" that place too.

Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Not sure the legitimacy of it, but it's pretty fucking creepy. Can't find a YT version to post, so Chive will have to suffice.

Link
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Not sure the legitimacy of it, but it's pretty fucking creepy. Can't find a YT version to post, so Chive will have to suffice.

Link
View Quote
Holy shit!  I might and I emphasize MIGHT give my employer a call that I quit, but honestly; they would more than likely just find their flashlight, keys and badge on the hall floor the next morning. 
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:02:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Dilbert_556:
Holy shit!  I might and I emphasize MIGHT give my employer a call that I quit, but honestly; they would more than likely just find their flashlight, keys and badge on the hall floor the next morning. 
View Quote
Reading the comments, someone said that it might be a morgue in Cuba/Puerto Rico and that they have a problem keeping security workers.

That or it's a very good setup.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Link
View Quote

It is pretty creepy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:29:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Mah_lee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUn_Mo--jUM

It is pretty creepy.
View Quote
FUCK YEAH!! The whole time I was watching it I was expecting one of those jump scare videos.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:12:50 PM EDT
[#38]
You know, I think I'd be content just to take a peek down the hall instead of walking all the way down.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:58:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By timthemedic:
You know, I think I'd be content just to take a peek down the hall instead of walking all the way down.
View Quote
Recon by fire.......................with a flame thrower..................and let the whole place burn down.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:34:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Tyrendeth:

What I saw was by itself. Silent as a ghost, no noise at all. Couldn't make out the size as I had nothing to correlate it with, it was directly above us driving down the road. We were moving along doing 40ish and it kept pace, much too slow for any aircraft. It was an equilateral triangle with the corners missing. Squared off I guess is the best way to describe it. It had a dome shape in the very middle of it, looked a lot like the little dome on the bottom of a star destroyer from star wars as funny as it is except it was smooth. There were amber yellow lights on the corners that would pulse and it spun counter clockwise rather slowly as it and we moved. It paced us for about a minute after we noticed it before it shot to the south towards the Springs at a ridiculous speed.

No MS paint so here's a shitty post it note rendition.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#41]

It is pretty creepy.
View All Quotes

Link

It is pretty creepy.

What the.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:

What the.
View Quote

I'll tell you this: there isn't enough Nope in the whole, wide world.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#43]
My money is on a prank with someone removing the device when the lights went out.  

Either way, fuck that shit.  Frag out. 
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:44:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#44]

It is pretty creepy.
View Quote

I like how they never flash the light at it, especially when the main lights go down giving them time to remove whatever they put there to make it do that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#45]
The story about the people in the parking garage is pretty creepy.

Elevators | Paranormal Stories
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:48:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 6winchester2:
The story about the people in the parking garage is pretty creepy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOKYKszbAjE
View Quote

The last one was really heartbreaking, since a girl really went missing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:59:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NorthPolar] [#47]
Word to the wise.  Don't chant 'Hillary Clinton' at a mirror in a dark room.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 4:08:08 AM EDT
[#48]
I hatelove this thread 

Only thing creepy I've had happen lately is my motion-activated bathroom light coming on while I was reading in bed 
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:
I hatelove this thread 

Only thing creepy I've had happen lately is my motion-activated bathroom light coming on while I was reading in bed 
View Quote
We've got one of those too. If the door is at the right angle, even a slight movement in the bed will trip it.
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top