Link Posted: 9/2/2011 6:03:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 6:03:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If it makes you happy.

Link Posted: 9/2/2011 6:04:37 AM EDT
[#3]

The Gibson debacle is as good a rallying point as any.

Seriously, raiding a well-known guitar factory with guns drawn?
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 6:05:29 AM EDT
[#4]
You can have my fretboard when you pry it from my warm, smooth, mahogany body
Speed
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 6:06:41 AM EDT
[#5]
As an avid Gibson owner, I approve of this message.

(Mind if I borrow your image?)
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 6:08:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Seriously! What the hell has it come to when your own government doesn't want you to provide Americans with jobs?

The details to this are sickening. Expecially when our jobs market is in the crapper the way IT IS.

Link Posted: 9/2/2011 6:08:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Better get used to it.

This is only the beginning.
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If it makes you happy.

Why yes it does..
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 6:09:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As an avid Gibson owner, I approve of this message.

(Mind if I borrow your image?)

sure
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 6:14:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I read an article on Slashdot the other day.  People are afraid to travel with old vintage instruments for fear that they will be confiscated.

...If you play a vintage guitar, or a hand-built guitar made of old stock woods that were legally obtained years ago, you better not fly with it. John Thomas, a law professor at Quinnipiac University and a blues and ragtime guitarist, says, 'there's a lot of anxiety, and it's well justified.' Once upon a time, he would have taken one of his vintage guitars on his travels. Now, 'I don't go out of the country with a wooden guitar.'"...

http://idle.slashdot.org/story/11/08/29/148239/Environmental-Enforcement-Agents-Targeting-Guitars
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 5:31:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Do what
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, FUCK.

Better off helping illegals into the country than taking an heirloom during your travels.
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seriously! What the hell has it come to when your own government doesn't want you to provide Americans with jobs?
The details to this are sickening. Expecially when our jobs market is in the crapper the way IT IS.

Let's not fool around.  Let's start badgering our representatives to REPEAL the Lacy Act altogether.  Since it can't be enforced with any kind of common sense, and can change when the wind blows, since it is based on OTHER countries' laws, we should repeal it in its entirety.  We got along without it for years before, we don't need it now.

Repeal Lacy.

And whoever wrote that law, I hope he catches cancer, preferably a painful kind.
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Do what

The Feds raided Gibson, where have u been
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Illegal post ban wood

WTF

I'd be worried but I lost my guitars in a tragoc boating accident
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#17]
y would i want a guitar?
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
y would i want a guitar?

Ransom, don't u watch House MD?

After House takes Wilson with him to break into the patient's home, Wilson gets an idea and starts cutting out letters from a newspaper. House asks what he is doing, "There's a sale on liquid Tide."
Hot Deal!
Get a new TiVo for just $49.99!
Offer expires 10/23/2007!

"If you're broke, I can lend you a tiny bit of the money I owe you."
"Oh, no. I wouldn't put you in that position."
Later House finds his guitar missing with a note that in cut out letters says, "I have your guitar. Tell no one. Await my instructions."
When the phone rings, House answers with "Wilson, you idiot." Ane while the kidnapper makes demands in a distorted voice, House heads for Wilson's office where he demands, "Give it back."
"What happened? Did someone kidnap your guitar? A $12,000 1967 Flying V? Or something? I am flattered you would consider me this bold and brilliant—" Wilson holds up a newspaper with cut out letters and pretends to read.
After a little more, House demands, "What do you want?"
"Me? Nothing. But I'm sure the kidnapper wants what every kidnapper wants, to see you interview five to seven qualified fellowship candidates."
"I don't need a team."
House finally gives in and goes to Wilson to get his guitar back, "Just give me the damn resumes.... And my guitar."
"I don't have it. Although I did hear some plangent strumming from under that couch earlier." When House looks there, Wilson tells him, "Wow. This kidnapper isn't just bold, he's diabolical. I guess he realized he probably shouldn't give it back to you until after you've had the interviews."
House shows Wilson a box with the guitar equivalent of a severed finger. Wilson seems to be appalled. "Oh... my... God. This guy means business. Or guys. Could be multiple... Could be multiple guys. Or a gal. Who knows? All I can say is, this reeks of boldness."
"I am not hiring a team.
"You ever tighten a guitar string really, really slowly? Past the point it can handle the strain? It makes this weird... sound. Almost like a scream."
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
y would i want a guitar?

no
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
y would i want a guitar?

After House takes Wilson with him to break into the patient's home, Wilson gets an idea and starts cutting out letters from a newspaper. House asks what he is doing, "There's a sale on liquid Tide."
Hot Deal!

Later House finds his guitar missing with a note that in cut out letters says, "I have your guitar. Tell no one. Await my instructions."
When the phone rings, House answers with "Wilson, you idiot." Ane while the kidnapper makes demands in a distorted voice, House heads for Wilson's office where he demands, "Give it back."
"What happened? Did someone kidnap your guitar? A $12,000 1967 Flying V? Or something? I am flattered you would consider me this bold and brilliant—" Wilson holds up a newspaper with cut out letters and pretends to read.
"Me? Nothing. But I'm sure the kidnapper wants what every kidnapper wants, to see you interview five to seven qualified fellowship candidates."
"I don't need a team."
House finally gives in and goes to Wilson to get his guitar back, "Just give me the damn resumes.... And my guitar."
"I don't have it. Although I did hear some plangent strumming from under that couch earlier." When House looks there, Wilson tells him, "Wow. This kidnapper isn't just bold, he's diabolical. I guess he realized he probably shouldn't give it back to you until after you've had the interviews."
House shows Wilson a box with the guitar equivalent of a severed finger. Wilson seems to be appalled. "Oh... my... God. This guy means business. Or guys. Could be multiple... Could be multiple guys. Or a gal. Who knows? All I can say is, this reeks of boldness."
"I am not hiring a team.
"You ever tighten a guitar string really, really slowly? Past the point it can handle the strain? It makes this weird... sound. Almost like a scream."

lol that sounds funny..got a youtube link?
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
y would i want a guitar?

Hot Deal!

"I don't need a team."
"I am not hiring a team.

Not ytube but here http://www.quicksilverscreen.im/details?c=29145&sc=4#Episode%201%20-%20Alone

Bottom of page Episode 01 Alone

Link Posted: 9/2/2011 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Raiding a well-known guitar manufacturer whose CEO is a staunch supporter of the GOP. But that's okay with the left.

Link Posted: 9/2/2011 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Awesome.
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it makes you happy.

Why yes it does..

You did an exceptional job.

First, they came for the machine guns and I did nothing because I don't do auto fire.

Then they came for the cigarettes and I did nothing because I don't smoke.

Then they came for the guitars and I did nothing because I don't strum.

Somehow, I thought they would leave the guitars alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3RYvO2X0Oo

Link Posted: 9/2/2011 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
y would i want a guitar?

Hot Deal!

"I don't need a team."
"I am not hiring a team.

Not ytube but here http://www.quicksilverscreen.im/details?c=29145&sc=4#Episode%201%20-%20Alone

Bottom of page Episode 01 Alone

lol nice..looks like a pretty good show..
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#26]
That would be a very cool shirt.  Nicely done!
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
y would i want a guitar?

Some people have talent and intellect.
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 6:03:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

great idea, i'm going to make an iron
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 6:13:22 AM EDT
[#29]

I love the United States.  I really do.  But there's something really wrong with your country that needs fixing.  Your federal government is out of control and needs to be reigned in.  

The thought of people in a guitar factory facing loaded guns is just shocking.  In my view, you guys need to cut your federal government by at least 50 percent.

Fluffy

Link Posted: 9/3/2011 6:19:57 AM EDT
[#30]
For some reason, that guitar has a "surprise! Buttsex"!!! look.
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I love the United States.  I really do.  But there's something really wrong with your country that needs fixing.  Your federal government is out of control and needs to be reigned in.  

The thought of people in a guitar factory facing loaded guns is just shocking.  In my view, you guys need to cut your federal government by at least 50 percent.

Fluffy

I don't disagree at all, but the pot is pretty much the same shade.

Link Posted: 9/3/2011 7:22:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
y would i want a guitar?

Some people have talent and intellect.

Link Posted: 9/3/2011 7:22:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 7:24:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Heard the Gibson prez on Fox radio (no other network would cover the story) and he is completely flummoxed as to why the .gov is trying to fuck him over.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fluffy

I agree.  But at least we are in the process of unfucking our government.  We're about to get rid of the Wheat Board, the gun registry and a host of other stuff.
I don't disagree at all, but the pot is pretty much the same shade.

Link Posted: 9/3/2011 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

If it makes you happy.

It can't be that bad?

Link Posted: 9/3/2011 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Apparently you've never played Dead Rising. A guitar is a deadly weapon.
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
If it makes you happy.

It can't be that bad?
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r316/MACDD/sheryl-crow.jpg

She makes me all antsy in my pantsy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 8:28:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
y would i want a guitar?

I don't negotiate with terrorists, I smoke them out of their hidey-holes.

House is my hero.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 8:30:33 AM EDT
[#40]

Take it they will.  Any fucking time they like.  Just wait for the next time you fly with a guitar - the TSA will be looking for you.  

Yet another federal agency climbs upon the desk to piss in your face.  what will you do when the TSA calls the fish cops and holds your property for them to come inspect?  

So, if you really like your Gibson, play it quietly at home.  Don't cross any borders with it, because they absolutely will take it from you, and there is not much you can do about it.

Link Posted: 9/3/2011 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Fluffy

Fluffy, you are the type of person we want to come here.

Link Posted: 9/3/2011 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Fluffy

I have a plan.  Our country has had a revolution and a civil war.  Yours has never had either, so no one will expect it.  All of our patriots move to your country where our numbers will make us higher percentage wise.  We take Canada.  Then we take Alaska and Greenland.  We move south from there.

This is known as a hat down revolution.

Canada becomes the 51st state, so you get to keep your flag, milk in bags, and ham that you call bacon.  Your mounted police will be the same, but they won't be royal anymore.  Our mint will issue a special run of magnetic nickles.  The Canadian star that goes on the new United States flag will be a Maple leaf to appease those who have always thought there was some actual unique Canadian culture.

(How's that for pushing all your Canadian buttons.  )

Link Posted: 9/3/2011 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

great idea, i'm going to make an iron

Probably be cheaper and easier to buy an iron.
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#44]
They should do one with an AR15.
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

They should do one with an AR15.

This comment shows how far we've come.

Santa Ana would have never tried to take someone's guitar.

Link Posted: 9/3/2011 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do what

Is the Guberment coming to take your guitar NO !!!! My ancestors was part of the ( COME AND TAKE IT ) when Mexico tried to take away our cannon .Know in this time period the Guberment is trying to take away my AK47 .Read the history then you will under stand, to me and maybe too some of us TEXANS like me look at it as a insult
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do what

Is the Guberment coming to take your guitar NO !!!! My ancestors was part of the ( COME AND TAKE IT ) when Mexico tried to take away our cannon .Know in this time period the Guberment is trying to take away my AK47 .Read the history then you will under stand, to me and maybe too some of us TEXANS like me look at it as a insult

I know the back story, about the cannon... so the BATF has made a move on your  AK recently ?  lighten up Francis..
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fluffy

I have a plan.  Our country has had a revolution and a civil war.  Yours has never had either, so no one will expect it.  All of our patriots move to your country where our numbers will make us higher percentage wise.  We take Canada.  Then we take Alaska and Greenland.  We move south from there.

Canada becomes the 51st state, so you get to keep your flag, milk in bags, and ham that you call bacon.  Your mounted police will be the same, but they won't be royal anymore.  Our mint will issue a special run of magnetic nickles.  The Canadian star that goes on the new United States flag will be a Maple leaf to appease those who have always thought there was some actual unique Canadian culture.

Go ahead and try to push my buttons. But let's get back to the problem that you have with your out of control federal government.  Here in Canada, we are starting to set our situation straight.  Our newly elected Conservative majority government will get rid of the gun registry this fall.  And they will also get rid of the Wheat Board and other bureaucratic blood suckers.  You need to do the same.

And we DO NOT HAVE MILK IN BAGS HERE IN ALBERTA.  

Fluffy
Link Posted: 9/4/2011 5:24:57 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fluffy

Go ahead and try to push my buttons. But let's get back to the problem that you have with your out of control federal government.  Here in Canada, we are starting to set our situation straight.  Our newly elected Conservative majority government will get rid of the gun registry this fall.  And they will also get rid of the Wheat Board and other bureaucratic blood suckers.  You need to do the same.

And we DO NOT HAVE MILK IN BAGS HERE IN ALBERTA.  

Fluffy

I agree our government is out of control.  The spending thing is the worst part of it.  They don't have the money, this generation doesn't have the money, and the next generation doesn't have the money.  One way or another that problem will fix itself, probably in the most unpleasant way.

Meanwhile, you know full well or should that fixing the gun registry is not the end all of Canada's problems.  You have hate speech laws that destroy freedom of speech, police that detain pregnant women on the way to the hospital, and socialized medicine that means your pets can get a CT scan easier than you can.

Of course, they have passed the same nonsense in this country, but I predict much turn around as soon as we get rid of obama.

Link Posted: 9/4/2011 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do what

I know the back story, about the cannon... so the BATF has made a move on your  AK recently ?  lighten up Francis..

What me Francis you twinko toed commie hippy
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top