Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First the Dale Jackson sidebar, and now another one that just happened last Saturday.

Arfcom, please meet Eddy McIntosh. He is a project manager for Pushmataha County in the OK Circuit Engineering District #3. And, the previous County Commissioner to Jimmy Long.

The CED's help the County Commissioners decide on how and where to spend the money.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx343/mookamae/eddymcintoshced3pic.jpg,

He was arrested Saturday and charged with a few CF's for evading police and ramming a police vehicle. Not just once, but three times.

He was released on a $5,000 bond.....

link to oscn
View Quote

Remember this? Well Pushmataha County's Judge Wallace has sentenced former Pushmataha County commissioner McIntosh to ninety days in rehab for drunk driving, evading police in a chase and ramming a police cruiser 3 times while brandishing a weapon. Judge Wallace even dismissed the seat belt ticket. I think this was his third DWI.  

Link to police report. http://s770.photobucket.com/user/mookamae/media/emcintoshprobcause2.jpg.html

Link to court case, http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/GetCaseInformation.asp?viewtype=&submitted=true&casemasterID=27717&db=Pushmataha
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Remember this? Well Pushmataha County's Judge Wallace has sentenced former Pushmataha County commissioner McIntosh to ninety days in rehab for drunk driving, evading police in a chase and ramming a police cruiser 3 times while brandishing a weapon. Judge Wallace even dismissed the seat belt ticket. I think this was his third DWI.  

Link to police report. http://s770.photobucket.com/user/mookamae/media/emcintoshprobcause2.jpg.html

Link to court case, http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/GetCaseInformation.asp?viewtype=&submitted=true&casemasterID=27717&db=Pushmataha

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

First the Dale Jackson sidebar, and now another one that just happened last Saturday.

Arfcom, please meet Eddy McIntosh. He is a project manager for Pushmataha County in the OK Circuit Engineering District #3. And, the previous County Commissioner to Jimmy Long.

The CED's help the County Commissioners decide on how and where to spend the money.

He was arrested Saturday and charged with a few CF's for evading police and ramming a police vehicle. Not just once, but three times.

link to oscn

That's pretty much what you or I would get after doing that right?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

link to oscn

good, at least he didn't just get his hand slapped like some "Good Ole Boys" would have done, now we will have to see how McIntosh is treated in rehab, like special treatment

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#5]
County Commissioner of District #3, Jimmy Long, has stated that he will not seek reelection when his team expires at the end of this year. Health issues and the stress of the job are contributing factors in his decision.

http://www.theantlersamerican.com/content/long-will-not-seek-reelection
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

County Commissioner of District #3, Jimmy Long, has stated that he will not seek reelection when his team expires at the end of this year. Health issues and the stress of the job are contributing factors in his decision.
View Quote

Good deal

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

very good

but I am guessing these are not the reasons why - just a guess
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad to hear that. I is still in dire need of some comeuppance though.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Bump
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Bump
View Quote
you got me excited that there was an update

Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Thanks !

I want to update soooo badly. It's on pacer.

It has now been 4 weeks and 1 day.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:35:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like it will be a great update.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:23:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Thanks !

View Quote
So how long do we have to wait?

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:36:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks !

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Nearly 3 years and over 30 pages... The tide has turned and time is on our side at this point!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I am always amazed by the threads of an outsider moving into SE OK and thinking it should be something different than it is, in that part of the world you are family or you are not.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am always amazed by the threads of an outsider moving into SE OK and thinking it should be something different than it is, in that part of the world you are family or you are not.
View Quote

It seems that you may lack the intellectual aptitude to discern between corruption and the rule of law.

Or maybe it's just public education..

Either way, your defense of the corrupt speaks volumes as to you and your character.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:39:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like some sort of inbred fantasy. It should be different, dipshit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It seems that you may lack the intellectual aptitude to discern between corruption and the rule of law.

Either way, your defense of the corrupt speaks volumes as to you and your character.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have it wrong, and know nothing of the area, not to mention an inability to comprehend when reading.  

Its a well known fact, if you are not from little dixie then you really have no business there. Thats the very real rubber meets the road way it works in that part of Oklahoma. The place is not much different than it was back around state hood.  Its not a defense its a fact, you do not have to like it. Of course you not being from the state and all makes you so much more informed on these than the natives.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a fantasy its just the way it works in that part of the world, they are not going to change just because you do not like it.  What I stated is the truth, you are either from that part of the state or you are not. Don't expect to be treated like a local if you are not.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You have it wrong, and know nothing of the area, not to mention an inability to comprehend when reading.  

Its a well known fact, if you are not from little dixie then you really have no business there. Thats the very real rubber meets the road way it works in that part of Oklahoma. The place is not much different than it was back around state hood.  Its not a defense its a fact, you do not have to like it. Of course you not being from the state and all makes you so much more informed on these than the natives.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your ignorance is bliss...

My family members have lived in this area for nearly 100 years..

Does that qualify Einstein..???

Your own words prove my point...

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BFD  I was born and raised there , family was there before statehood.  So please tell me more...  
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow, that's a really old date for a troll account. I thought Shaunofthedead was some forethought.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:37:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I guess somebody is one of the screwers and happy about not being one of the screwees.

I guess he thinks the Kennedys and Clintons are good folks, too.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:13:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I guess somebody is one of the screwers and happy about not being one of the screwees.

View Quote

Aint got nothing to do with it,   The exact same thing would have happened to op had he moved into deepest darker Appalachia or many other places that have closed societies  in the US. They are not welcoming to outsiders.  Do your homework before you move into an area and it will not happen to you.  The rest of Oklahoma is far more welcoming.  I have for good number of years lived in the western part of the state and its not like SE OK at all, they are much more accepting.  

I am just amazed at the level of retardation in GD where people think every place should be the same in the US , when reality does not work that way.  As far as the County Commissioner finally getting spanked down there , he was given his fair share of chances before it finally happened most likely, an outsider would not have gotten that many chances.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:21:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Aint got nothing to do with it,   The exact same thing would have happened to op had he moved into deepest darker Appalachia or many other places that have closed societies  in the US. They are not welcoming to outsiders.  Do your homework before you move into an area and it will not happen to you.  The rest of Oklahoma is far more welcoming.  I have for good number of years lived in the western part of the state and its not like SE OK at all, they are much more accepting.  

I am just amazed at the level of retardation in GD where people think every place should be the same in the US , when reality does not work that way.  As far as the County Commissioner finally getting spanked down there , he was given his fair share of chances before it finally happened most likely, an outsider would not have gotten that many chances.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really doubt anyone, who is not a "local", cares about being shunned. "Closed society" does not mean Nepotism, corruption and abuse of authority should be allowed.

My county, here in the Good Ol' Boy Panhandle of Florida, is dealing with this shit as well. We've been trying to build a new courthouse for a decade now. Instead of using the 80 acres of land that the county corrections building is located on, which makes the most sense and the state bought for that explicit reason, our commissioners have tried three times to build it elsewhere in the county.

Every single time, the land has belonged to either a relative or previous business partner, the land clearing, electrical, plumbing and construction contractors as well. Every time these proposals have gone to ballot, which luckily they are required to by county law, each proposal has been defeated by a margin of 3-4:1.
Every time, the county board puts forth a 1% sales tax increase proposal to pay for it, using phrases like, "We'll only need it for 3 months to fund the purchase." Of course they are mum about putting a sunset clause in the proposal.

No one should have to accept this as "the way things are", being accepted into the local community is one thing, dealing with governmental abuse is another, regardless if your family has has lived in the area 100+ years or just 1.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:25:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It appears I  may have made the mistake of believing that SE Oklahoma was bound by the Bill of rights and the US Constitution. Not to mention the Oklahoma Constitution and Oklahoma State laws, and even Federal laws.        Is that not what is supposed to give us Freedom in our Country? Maybe it's time ?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:38:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Sharpshooter is correct, if you aren't born there you aren't a native, that is actually how they think.

I remember reading a newpaper clip that was talking about this old lady who had passed, she died at age 99, her family moved there when she was 1 year old, it was stated in the article describing her life that she was from somewhere else because she wasn't born there.

I have lots of kin in the hills of SE Ok, it is a different part of the world down there, they have their own code, laws don't mean shit to them
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:03:27 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't have a bone in this one, on the other hand.

victor3ranger1, I understand what you are saying. On the flip side of things though, it doesn't mean that people can ignore the various forms of government and just apply the "good ole boy fraternity" . When the locals do that and the normal laws of our country, state, count and towns  comes and slaps them on the wrist, they get mad. Well it isn't the "new"  persons fault. I am sorry that the ole boy network is drisciminatory in reality,  The "new" person in question is penalized for following the laws and common sense that all of us have. Who then is wrong??

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:45:22 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
It appears I  may have made the mistake of believing that SE Oklahoma was bound by the Bill of rights and the US Constitution. Not to mention the Oklahoma Constitution and Oklahoma State laws, and even Federal laws.        Is that not what is supposed to give us Freedom in our Country? Maybe it's time ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And here we discover one of the many complications of the unreasoned faith in local governments.  If you've ever dealt with one that was corrupt, you probably won't be so eager to give them free reign.

Page / 31
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top