Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2011 7:19:49 PM EDT
Wife and I were in West Yellowstone, Montana last week and the Google Maps Street View vehicle drove by us twice about 20 feet away in 2 different locations.  Both times I waved at the camera, but the old street view images at those 2 locations are still shown.  Anyone want to guess how long it will take before I show up waving to the camera on Google Maps street view?

I'm guessing that the vehicle is out for weeks at a time and then it is plugged in any downloaded at Google's campus or at one of its satellite offices.
Link Posted: 8/21/2011 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2011 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#2]
A long time
Link Posted: 8/21/2011 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#4]
The Google streetview car rode by us about 7 months ago...the area is still not updated.
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#5]
My image is on streetview as we speak.   I saw the google van coming and turned to face away from it.  

It took about 10 months.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 9:14:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I stuck my tongue out and gave it a two handed one-finger victory salute twice last fall. Still not updated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top