Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The "late" BIll Marcy is alive and well. His website is still
[url]http://www.wetworx.com/[/url]
and the thread he started on the old AR15 is a prime example of why you cannot trust anything on the internet. I am sure Bill is still amongst us as someone else; for all I know, he is you, Imbroglio.
 As for the checkpoint issue, there is nothing criminal about  checkpoints set up by LEO's. We have to make sure it falls within certain guidelines for safety and avoid selecting cars at random, but contrary to popular belief on this and other boards, they are still legal.
View Quote

Take it up with his son.

Subject:
         [unorganizedmilitia] A note to friends of Bill Marcy
    Date:
         Sat, 13 Jan 2001 10:12:21 -0500
         "Bill Marcy"
Reply-To:
         [email protected]
      To:

01-13-00

My father, William P. Marcy (Born Wielm Pagel Marczyk, December 23, 1920)
died last night of complications due to a stroke.  I know he had many
friends  on these email lists and this is the best way I know of to get the
message out.  My father had many strongly held convictions, and one of them
was to be mannerly, and he would be mortified if people were thinking he was
ignoring them.

I will be going through his papers in the next week, and anyone whom has an
ongoing business relationship will be contacted - all agreements made, will
be kept.

This may be presumptuous of me, but if anyone feels the need to send
flowers, please, instead, choose your favorite Rights Group and make a small
donation.

In advance, let me thank you all for your prayers and good wishes.

William O. Marcy, Esq.

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[email protected]

Link Posted: 3/31/2001 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I CAN GET GOOD AR-15 HERE AND NOWHERE ELSE!
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I CAN GET GOOD AR-15 HERE AND NOWHERE ELSE!
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
At least the supreme court recently ruled that drug sniffing dogs can not be used without a warrant. I've been waiting for them to set up portable x-ray machines on the side of the road to x-ray your car and claim it is not actually being searched. Then if anything is seen they have probable cause. What a joke.  
View Quote

IIRC there was a SC ruling that found it was constitutional for the JBT to be using thermal imaging to see if you are doing anything illegal in your home. Don't think they are just looking for heat sources from pot growing operations, they admit to being able to see what the people are doing inside the home, having sex for example.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#5]
NO the BILL OF RIGHTS IS NOT BEING UPHEALD TO the ANTI GUNNER- someone breaks into YOUR home.Rapes your spouse(he,she)cuts their throat in front of your children then starts on your DAUGHTER!!!WHAT DO YOU DO? CALL the cop`s HA! HA! HA! NO you blow their head OFF!    
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#6]
NO the BILL OF RIGHTS IS NOT BEING UPHEALD TO the ANTI GUNNER- someone breaks into YOUR home.Rapes your spouse(he,she)cuts their throat in front of your children then starts on your DAUGHTER!!!WHAT DO YOU DO? CALL the cop`s HA! HA! HA! NO you blow their head OFF!  JOHN WAYNE          
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#7]
TOO-tcsd1236 thats probably your badge #. there,s nothing worse than a cop with nothing to-do! Is your budget so low you have to go out and stop traffic to generate funds?I,d rather see you stopping rapes&burgularys,rather than sort through 2-300 cars,with all the other manpower that is always needed somewhere else.Have you ever needed a policeman? Serve & protect ha! It`s a power trip, you watch too much T.V. John Wayne
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Imbroglio:
Funny how Bill Marcy was posting on the old board using the email I had for him as a customer claiming to be a WWII concentration camp victim. Then as soon as it was brought to light that some people actually knew Bill Marcy WASN'T  an old guy who survived the war, he "died". Once again, your impassioned defense of "old" Bill makes me wonder if he is in fact, you. Funny thing, haven't had any orders from you since that "old Bill Marcy" thread  came up. As for "Bill Marcy , esq", well, last I checked, "esq" was reserved for attorneys, and "Bill Junior" isn't one of those, either.
John Wayne: The old myth that we use checkpoints to generate revenue needs to die, once and for all. We don't get a dime from the tickets we write. As for the old saw about "going after real criminals": well, there are relatively few rapists and murderers, at least in my part of the country. The folks who drive around suspended, with multiple vehicle defects, are as much a hazard to the general driving public. They deserve the same attention that any other person who cannot follow the law deserves. And yes, it's my badge number. And I watch almost NO TV; I can't stand the garbage they call entertainment......
Patriot Dave:
You misunderstand the SCOTUS ruling if you think thats what they said about K9 's.
Jarhead:
The system in place (every car, every ____th car)is about STOPPING cars; the occupants only get taken out if something is FOUND, which is an entirely different issue( once they are stopped and PC is found for further investigation). The SCOTUS was concerned that cars travelling down the road would be randomly stopped based on vehicle or occupant appearance,etc. If there is in place a system of randomness, or EVERY car gets stopped, then every car is  being treated equally, or no differently, than any other car.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#9]
It is always a good balancing act, the rigths in the Constitution versus public safety.
Rigth now I think the scale is balanced too far torwards public safety.
I like to see insurance scoflaws jailed and unsafe vehicles off the road, but I think there are better ways to do it than roadblocks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:09:46 AM EDT
[#10]
What the hell are you talking about "haven't had any orders from me" since then?

[B]Another thing is that I AM NOT NOR EVER HAVE BEEN BILL MARCY. Hell if you are a vendor I don't think I would ever buy anything from you from this point on since you continue making baseless accusations of me. YOU come off sounding like Bob of ASA or that Marv guy that ripped off everyone in that magazine deal. Is this the same paranoid way you treat "civilians" that you stop?[/B]

My only contacts with Bill were from over 3 years ago on Frugal Squirrel and misc.survivalism. I have only presented message that was sent on an email list. All you are doing is attacking the messenger.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 5:44:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Imbroglio:
If you're Bill, you'll know what I mean. If you're not, well then, sorry. If you only know Bill through the lists, then I am sorry, he's misleading you. I wont comment on the rest of your post.To explain to the rest of you, I am an FFL. Bill is ...or was...a customer. When I began to see posts from Bill on the Internet claiming to be a WWII Holocaust survivor, making provocative posts supporting gun rights from the viewpoint of a survivor, and people seeming to buy into it from the posts I read, I had to post a response . Then all of a sudden, the front of an "Old Bill" came up, and he immediately "died". The threads exist somewhere in the archives for the old AR15.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 7:21:15 AM EDT
[#12]
tcsd1236, So what? The point remains. Your supposition is that violating peoples rights is ok as long as you do it the same to everyone? What bullshit. Sounds like there are some pretty good LEOs on this board. You are not one of them. Perhaps you were simply born on the wrong side of the atlantic.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 8:11:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Jarhead:
I agree, the marcy thing is off topic, but since Imbroglio brought him up, I felt I had to respond.
Sorry you don't agree with me; we wont agree, since you see it as  black and white rights "violation". AS for treating everyone the same, do you want to be the one to be singled out and treated differently? Isn't that the whole argument about profiling, that we as LEO's were singling people out? There has to be a system in place if we're going to conduct things like checkpoints. I see no problem with stopping every car, every 2nd, 3rd or 4th car.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#14]
You guys watch to much TV you do not need these
guns to defend your home; you could use kitchen
knives.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 8:14:32 AM EDT
[#15]
dr jarhead

What these guys forget, is the Fourth Amendment.  tcsd1236 please refer to United States v. Mendenhall
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 9:43:07 AM EDT
[#16]
It's not what I feel.  It's what I think and do about it that matters.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#17]
The great ST. of INDIANA has suspeded road blocks!Saying it`s UNCONSTITUTIONAL! So what do they do? Concentrait on local night spots! At times crime is at it highest,and manpower is bussy watching for broken tail-or taillights.This is indiana statepolice`s posisition.If we can`t have road blocks then we`ll pull anyone driving bythemselves(no witnesses)who has a taillight out,or longhair tcsd somehow i feel you do the same thing.Question? why do you feel you have to defend what you know to be WRONG? Give me a ticket book so I can write all the cop`s I see driving official cars speeding&running lights ,wrongturns etc...  JOHN Wayne
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top