pulled from Lake Tahoe’s deeps last week, possibly after resting there
for nearly 20 years.

http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011110801053

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#1]
They finally found Fredo
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#2]
20 years?  Wow.  Must have been cold down there.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#3]
"Tanks, for the memories...."
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah..........I wonder what condition it's in.  

RIP either way.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:04:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"Tanks, for the memories...."

roofles

i fuckin lost
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably looking for all of those guns that went overboard on that lake.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#7]
What were recreational divers doing at 265 feet?
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

They finally found Fredo

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Jimmy. been hangin wit dem teamsters again.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:09:01 PM EDT
[#10]
He was just resting.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That water is absolutely beautiful. Fair warning though- if you go in your balls will shrivel to the size of peppercorns and stay that way for six months.

Look but don't touch, it's fucking cold.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:11:35 PM EDT
[#12]
When I lived around there the urban legend was that many years earlier, Jaques Coustuo [sp] took a one man sub down in the south end and spotted a lot of bodies still in perfect condition with their feet in cement. Wearing 1940's and 50's style clothing.

The Lake is very deep and cold.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They finally found Fredo

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Sissy!

You've never been to the Pacific Ocean before.

I went kayaking there a few years ago, worked up a sweat and jumped in the lake, it was cold for a second, then refreshing.

It's also pretty cool in some parts you can see 60 feet down.

It's also pretty cool to know that there are not sharks in there.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#15]
First thing I thought when I read that was that it's a coincidence they recently found a new lead in the D.B. Cooper mystery.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#16]
The lake is very deep and very cold as stated above.  The beach at Bliss park is absolutely gorgeous.  But your nuts will ascend into your abdomen in an attempt to stay warm. I love Lake Tahoe!
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Sissy!

I went kayaking there a few years ago, worked up a sweat and jumped in the lake, it was cold for a second, then refreshing.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/rabidus_/Tahoe_08002.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/rabidus_/Tahoe_08048.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/rabidus_/Tahoe_08008.jpg

It's fucking colder than the ocean, that shit used to be snow.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:25:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Sissy!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/rabidus_/Tahoe_08002.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/rabidus_/Tahoe_08048.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/rabidus_/Tahoe_08008.jpg

Maybe on the coldifornia coast, but it's 70*+ here year round, like a nice salty bathwater.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Its the next step when diving starts to get boring. Mixed gas and sat diving  or just decompression diving.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah..........I wonder what condition it's in.  

RIP either way.

I saw a photo that a submerible caught of a young lady that drowned many years ago. Looked like she was taking a cold bath.  I cant remember what lake it was in, very deep and cold, maybe canada
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Drowning.  They were diving at max depth (for that decade, and Tahoe's altitude––about 100'), and if it's the guy they think it is, he had trouble with his gear and began to sink.  His buddy tried to assist, but could not locate him before his air ran low.

I had no idea El Dorado County Sheriff's Department had a submersible...That's pretty cool.  I wonder if they saw my guns down there?
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 11:18:27 PM EDT
[#22]
im a south tahoe resident, that lake is over 1600 feet deep, most of it over 1500 feet deep, it is one deep mother fucker all around.
i have heard of the jacques cousteau thing before, about him finding bodies, im sure there was some serious organised crime back in the day here, harveys wagon wheel dates back like 80+ years if i rember.
probbably some interesting boat wrecks to, a few snowmobiles, and about anything (anyone) else someone wanted to get rid of and never seen again.
someone did the sub thing again recently and i have no clue what he found, maby what they are finding is hard to mention.

one day its going to come out, im interested as hell in whats down there.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Drowning.  They were diving at max depth (for that decade, and Tahoe's altitude––about 100'), and if it's the guy they think it is, he had trouble with his gear and began to sink.  His buddy tried to assist, but could not locate him before his air ran low.

I had no idea El Dorado County Sheriff's Department had a submersible...That's pretty cool.  I wonder if they saw my guns down there?

im willing to bet the submerislbe was contracted, i just do not see them owning one,
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 12:45:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

drowning
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 12:57:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Windecker appeared to have difficulty with his equipment and began sinking, his companion reported

Yeah fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 1:11:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
im a south tahoe resident, that lake is over 1600 feet deep, most of it over 1500 feet deep, it is one deep mother fucker all around.
i have heard of the jacques cousteau thing before, about him finding bodies, im sure there was some serious organised crime back in the day here, harveys wagon wheel dates back like 80+ years if i rember.
probbably some interesting boat wrecks to, a few snowmobiles, and about anything (anyone) else someone wanted to get rid of and never seen again.
someone did the sub thing again recently and i have no clue what he found, maby what they are finding is hard to mention.

Quoted:
Quoted:

im willing to bet the submerislbe was contracted, i just do not see them owning one,

Does the lake freeze over during winter? I'd be scared as hell walking on creaking ice in full cold-weather gear knowing how deep it is.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 1:46:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 1:48:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It looks like he had bouancy problems at 100 feet and sank from there.

Link Posted: 8/4/2011 2:07:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sheriff’s officials are working to identify a scuba diver whose body was pulled from Lake Tahoe’s deeps last week, possibly after resting there for nearly 20 years.

http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011110801053

No Pics
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 2:24:10 AM EDT
[#29]
I thought the Jaques Cousteau myth was pretty well debunked?

Exactly how many mobsters went missing during the 30s-50s?
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 2:26:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Does the lake freeze over during winter? I'd be scared as hell walking on creaking ice in full cold-weather gear knowing how deep it is.

No not at all. It just looks even colder than it does the rest of the year.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 2:30:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Does the lake freeze over during winter?

No.

OK. Thanks. I wss just wondering because snowmobiles were found at the bottom.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 2:50:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

When I lived around there the urban legend was that many years earlier, Jaques Coustuo [sp] took a one man sub down in the south end and spotted a lot of bodies still in perfect condition with their feet in cement. Wearing 1940's and 50's style clothing.

Except for the cement (which I don't doubt) there's no reason to assume there aren't scores of bodies/guns and evidence in general laying down there or Lake Mead.

Along with several hundred wedding rings.

Link Posted: 8/4/2011 2:57:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

You can ride snowmobiles on water as long as you keep moving...
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 2:57:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Wasn't there a book about that...
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 3:38:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

Yeah,but all the way across the lake to where it's real deep?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:22:43 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Yeah,but all the way across the lake to where it's real deep?

World record for snowmobile waterskipping is supposed to be over 100 miles.

ETA: Looks like the official number as of 2006 was 105.74 miles.

Link Posted: 8/23/2011 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't there a book about that...
Well there is a newspaper article

http://www.rgj.com/article/20110823/NEWS20/108210390/1459

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top