Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/1/2011 7:35:50 PM EDT
Here's the roll call for the house vote: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/news/ap/politics_topics/2011/Aug/01/house_roll_call__how_they_voted_on_debt_limit_bill.html

According to Wiki, here are reps that identify or weho are considered to be Tea Party members: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tea_Party_politicians

Put it together and you get a surprise. 47 so-called Tea Party members actually voted for the debt increase, while only 39 voted against it.

Here are the yes votes. Somebody has some explainin' to do.

Sandy Adams FL
Robert Aderholt AL
Rodney Alexander LA
Roscoe Bartlett MD
Joe Barton TX
Dan Benishek MI
Rick Berg ND
Gus BilirakisFL
Diane Black TN
Marsha Blackburn TN
Michael Burgess TX
John CarterTX
Bill CassidyLA
Howard Coble NC
Maj. Mike Coffman CO
Ander Crenshaw FL
John CulbersonTX
Sean DuffyWI
Renee Ellmers NC
Blake Farenthold TX
Stephen Fincher TN
Virginia FoxxNC
Paul GosarAZ
Cpl. Michael Grimm NY
Wally HergerCA
Lynn JenkinsKS
Capt. Adam Kinzinger IL
James Lankford OK
Blaine Luetkemeyer MO
Kenny Marchant TX
Thaddeus McCotter MI
David McKinley WV
Gary MillerCA
Kristi NoemSD
Richard NugentFL
Mike PenceIN
Tom PriceGA
Maj. Phil RoeTN
Ed RoyceCA
Jon RunyanNJ
Bobby Schilling IL
Pete Sessions TX
Adrian M. Smith NE
Lamar S. Smith TX
Rev. Tim Walberg MI
Dan WebsterFL
Lt. Col. Allen West FL

And the no votes:

Todd Akin MO
Justin Amash MI
Michele Bachmann MN
Rob Bishop UT
Mo BrooksAL
Paul BrounGA
Ann Marie Buerkle NY
Dan BurtonIN
Jason Chaffetz UT
Cpt. Chip CravaackMN
Jeff DuncanSC
Jeff FlakeAZ
John FlemingLA
Trent FranksAZ
Phil GingreyGA
Louie Gohmert TX
Trey GowdySC
Tom GravesGA
Vicky Hartzler MO
Tim Huelskamp KS
Steve KingIA
Raul Labrador ID
Doug Lamborn CO
Sgt. Jeff Landry LA
Tom McClintock CA
Mick Mulvaney SC
Randy Neugebauer TX
Ron Paul TX
Steve Pearce NM
Ted Poe TX
Denny Rehberg MT
Dennis A. Ross FL
Steve Scalise LA
Tim Scott SC
Capt. Cliff Stearns FL
Marlin Stutzman IN
Joe WalshIL
Lynn Westmoreland GA
Joe Wilson SC

Link Posted: 8/1/2011 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Lt. Col. Allen West FL
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, T Walburg has lost my vote and support.

Was already on the radio today expressing my disappointment in his wimping out. I had just stopped into his local office Friday to express my thoughts about voting against an increase because I don't want my Great Great Great Grandchildren paying for our excessive out of control spending.

Link Posted: 8/1/2011 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad to see McClintock on the "nay" list.  That man is a principled conservative through and through.  Too bad Arnold jumped into the recall election here or McClintock probably would have been our governor.
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 11:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I see they're bustin' apart that stereotype that all politicians are scumbags...

Link Posted: 8/1/2011 11:57:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lt. Col. Allen West FL

Yeah, brain full of fuck.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 12:00:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 12:28:20 AM EDT
[#7]
The spin starts:
Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins(R) - Kansas

WASHINGTON – Today the House of Representatives, with the support of Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins, passed the Budget Control Act.  This legislation provides a responsible solution to the debt limit deadline, stays true to her conservative principles, makes substantial cuts to the bloated federal budget, and lays out a path to getting our nation’s fiscal house in order without raising taxes on the American people.

Congresswoman Jenkins released the following statement after voting in support of the bi-partisan Budget Control Act:

“Just a few months ago the Administration was requesting business as usual in Washington, as they promoted an increase of the debt limit without any consideration for spending controls, but the American people and the People’s House stood up and said enough is enough.  Enough wasteful Washington spending. Enough piling more and more debt on our children. Enough empty promises.”

“Today, we have officially begun to change the culture in Washington. Leadership means saying no when no is the right answer and saying yes when yes is the right answer. Today, after months of wrangling for the best deal possible in a divided Washington, it’s time to say yes.  We have passed a bill that avoids a default, cuts nearly a trillion dollars from our bloated federal budget, lays out a plan to cut trillions more, requires an up or down vote on a Balanced Budget Amendment and all without increasing a single American’s taxes.  This plan isn’t perfect, but it is an important first step as we continue to fight to reform Washington and get our nation on a course toward financial accountability.”

It isn't the debt limit it's the spending! They just extended the credit limit to a country with no spending control.

ETA: (Congresswoman Jenkins is a Certified Public Accountant ) fail.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 12:41:41 AM EDT
[#8]
My state was 5 against/ 1 for
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 12:42:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lt. Col. Allen West FL

He needs the support of the party if he is going to mount a run for POTUS
Trading votes now for support later

In other words, he's a sellout just like most of the others.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 12:46:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 12:47:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lt. Col. Allen West FL

+1

Link Posted: 8/2/2011 12:51:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like I'll be needing a new Congressmen.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 2:32:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I was pleasantly surprised by that. No fear, though: Saxby Chambliss and his gang of six will sell us out in the Senate.

Link Posted: 8/2/2011 3:11:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lt. Col. Allen West FL

Enough of the whole "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" game.  If a man can't get support by standing up for his beliefs and what he knows to be right, I don't have any use for him.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 3:14:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lt. Col. Allen West FL

Enough of the whole "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" game.  If a man can't get support by standing up for his beliefs and what he knows to be right, I don't have any use for him.

This.

But keep in mind that ARFcom's GOP shills may lecture you about checkers vs chess and how you're secretly working on behalf of the Democrats.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 3:16:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How true it is
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 3:18:25 AM EDT
[#17]
i play both chess and checkers, but i get so sick of hearing how our politicians are playing chess and thinking two or three moves ahead.

it's not true.  they are ONLY interested in their re-election.  that is the only thing they care about.  you cannot be a tea party guy and vote for that crap.  it just doesn't match up.

we are fucked, prepare accordingly.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 3:18:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was pleasantly surprised by that. No fear, though: Saxby Chambliss and his gang of six will sell us out in the Senate.

Yep.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 3:19:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Pissed-off/disappointed to see so many yes votes from Texas.... Double-U Tee Eff...
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 3:48:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Joe Barton is my rep.  He was the one who introduced the College Football Playoff Act of 2009.  Definitely not Tea Party material!
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 3:52:28 AM EDT
[#21]
A lot of those names aren't tea party members.  In FL, I believe Gus Bilirakis and Ander Crenshaw have been in office for a while.  And Richard Nugent beat the tea party candidate in the primary.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 3:54:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Fuck the GOP.  I've fucking had it with them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 3:57:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lt. Col. Allen West FL

He said on his Facebook that this bill was good because, blah blah.  I wrote "Bullshit." under it.  Fuck him.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 4:03:08 AM EDT
[#24]
All 5 SC Republicans voted no. Our lone yes was our gerrymandered black liberal Dem, who would break his nose if Nancy Pelosi stopped short.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 4:07:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Shall we play another round of Incumbents Must Go in 2012?
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 4:10:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 4:16:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
All 5 SC Republicans voted no. Our lone yes was our gerrymandered black liberal Dem, who would break his nose if Nancy Pelosi stopped short.

Perhaps South Carolina will once again lead the secession movement?  I was thinking about moving to Texas, but perhaps I should reconsider?
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 4:19:37 AM EDT
[#28]
You know what...I am getting tired of all the shit I hear about voting makes the difference in the USA.  Nope, nada, not.....Voting in this country does not do us any good.   There is going to have to be a reset button pushed soon and it is not going to revolve around voting.

Link Posted: 8/2/2011 4:21:11 AM EDT
[#29]
wait, Ron Paul voted against a spending increase?

Link Posted: 8/2/2011 4:21:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Lt. Col. Allen West FL

He is fitting in just fine in DC...
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 4:24:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 4:51:55 AM EDT
[#32]
List is imcomplete

Jordan from Ohio voted no, as well as Turner from Ohio.  Jordan is expecting a redisctricting fight from Boehner.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 4:57:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
i play both chess and checkers, but i get so sick of hearing how our politicians are playing chess and thinking two or three moves ahead.

it's not true.  they are ONLY interested in their re-election.  that is the only thing they care about.  you cannot be a tea party guy and vote for that crap.  it just doesn't match up.

Yep.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 4:59:10 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

List is imcomplete

Jordan from Ohio voted no, as well as Turner from Ohio.  Jordan is expecting a redisctricting fight from Boehner.

Rep. Morgan Griffith from VA also voted No

Link Posted: 8/2/2011 5:01:19 AM EDT
[#35]
I don't have a Rep, so not much use looking at the list.  The liberal who won my district won one of 7 counties - and lost by about 90% in the other 6.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 5:01:41 AM EDT
[#36]
all of you fans of Allen West found out something about him
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 5:30:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lt. Col. Allen West FL

THIS is exactly what has given us a corrupt,ineffective and entitled ruling class.

I don't see myself donating to him for the 4th time now.

It's high,high time for a fiscally conservative 3rd party. I don't give 2 shits about social projects or social issues,I just want some adults that can balance the checkbook.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 5:33:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I see they're bustin' apart that stereotype that all politicians are scumbags...

I think there was some guy claiming to be 'Tea Party' in NV last year who turned out to be a complete fraud.

Forget his name, but he had declared bankruptcy or pulled some fast move that was unprincipled.

Votes like these are good for outing who is legit and who is not.

Those who are not can be considered in the same camp as Dems & RINOs

Link Posted: 8/2/2011 5:43:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lt. Col. Allen West FL

if he's flippy floppy this early, he'll never be POTUS!
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 5:50:40 AM EDT
[#40]
At this point I could run. I'd promise to vote against everything that involved higher taxes, or bigger government, so that pretty much means no to everything.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 5:50:48 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lt. Col. Allen West FL

Michelle Bachman did not vote for it. She is going to mount a run for POTUS.

I guess that is the difference between someone looking for the support of their party vs. someone looking for the support of the voters.

Link Posted: 8/2/2011 5:50:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Robert Aderholt AL

Not Tea Party. Establishment Republican. He has been assimilated for some time now.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 6:07:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Pretty much
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 6:25:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lt. Col. Allen West FL

I'm going with this.  Although, I almost don't really care anymore.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 6:36:49 AM EDT
[#45]
In addition to being angry at the Communists who voted yes, I'm proud of the Americans who voted no.  I will remember this.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Dan Burton - IN has always been the one politician I've never bothered to communicate with.

He has always voted exactly how I would like him to vote so there was no reason for me to bug him about what I think he should do..

He's not really a Tea Party politician, he has never spoken at any of the Tea Party Rallies that I worked at although he did have a hot female show up at one of the rallies to hand out his card.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 7:03:07 AM EDT
[#47]
those "yes" voters need to be recalled.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 7:09:21 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I don't remember posting this.  

This is EXACTLY "it".  Fucking E-X-A-C-T-L-Y  I-T.

If anyone still believes this ridiculous notion of "chess" being played on the hill, the only semblance of "chess" being played is that the American public are being used as fucking pawns.  

We are truly fucked, and this nation is gone in the form envisioned by it's founding fathers and those who aligned with them to create the greatest nation in the history of mankind.

They just moved the goal post PAST Odumbo's re-election with this bill, effectively letting this pimp-limping, jug-eared fuck stain completely off teh hook.

This was the proverbial final nail in the coffin.  Now he just gets to coast into his second term and exclaim all's well, because the REAL shitstorm doesn't take place until 2013 and beyond, when it's far, far too late to do anything about the final decline.

Some of us will be ready and have been for a while.   Believe this, those on the hill are DEFINITELY ready, because they're engineering this nightmare.

God Bless us all.  We're going to need His help to get through this.

Link Posted: 8/2/2011 7:11:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Concur.  Ever since the "tea party" was co-opted by the Republicans, they became a toothless vehicle through which the frustrated can vent their pent-up anger.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 7:17:45 AM EDT
[#50]
I am scratching my head to see John Culberson on the list as a "tea party" guy.  If "self identified" means that they told someone that they were in it, sure, but Culberson is a liberal Republican.  He always has been. He is really just another one of these Bush people.  He voted for almost everything that Bush wanted, no matter how expensive, except for Medicare Part D, where he held his vote as
"yes" until they had enough votes and then changed it to "no" at the last minute to try to fool the people back home.  Only after GW Bush was out did he magically rediscover the importance of limited government, limited spending, and all of that conservative garbage that he completely disregarded when Bush was in office.

I don't think that he really meets the "tea party" definition.  He's a RINO and always has been.

Here is his BS explanation for why he voted the way he did.  Half of it is simply not correct, and half of it is an effort to shift blame.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top