Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 7/20/2011 10:40:28 PM EDT
The driver was an idiot and should have notified, but this cop is a piece of ****. I want to say so much more but don't want the tread locked

I hope this isn't a re-post, but it's a good watch.

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 10:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You can tell that cop is a prick from the second he steps out of the car.

Cops like him are more the rule than the exception in Michigan, Ohio and the Northeast. It's the reason that I hated cops for most of my life.

Conversely, since moving to Texas, I have yet to deal with an asshole cop. I'm sure they're around, but all of the cops who have stopped me have been polite, professional and courteous.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 10:48:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, this should be good.

Wait, wait wait... we need "both sides of the story".

...oh, we've got a video?

Umm...  "we don't understand the full reasoning behind the officer's actions because we're not law enforcement".  There.  Goalpost moved out of reach!

EDIT: watched the whole video.  Anyone who defends this piece of shit in the SLIGHTEST is fucking scum just like him.  Absolutely no excuse and no forgiveness for such blatant corruption and abuse of power.  You all already know what I think should be done with him.  Boy, I'd love to give that jackbooted fuckstain an earful after they cut up his badge.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:03:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Good Lord. I don't even know what to say.  Crazy stuff.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:06:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The driver was an idiot and should have notified, but this cop is a piece of ****. I want to say so much more but don't want the tread locked

Is this related to this?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1206537_Police_Encounter___bad__really_bad_andquot_lets_try_not_to_get_this_1_locked__andquot_.html/page=11

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:09:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Can someone tell me the title of that youtube video?
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#6]
That cop needs to be taken off the street. He's the kind of guy who would shoot a kid eating an apple, mistaking it for a grenade.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:11:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

"Dash Cam: Canton PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk / Threaten"
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:11:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

"Dash Cam: Canton PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk / Threatens "
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#9]
No wonder the cops hate cameras.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Only person I saw in that video that should have there gun permit revoked was the one driving the cop car... Hope he speaks unemployment
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:15:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

A cop who hates cameras, is just a corrupt cop who doesn't want to get caught.

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Officer is a disgrace and needs to lose his badge. He also needs to get a new asshole torn in civil and criminal court.

I'm sure people will be along shortly though to bemoan the fact that the thin blue line will defend one of their own though
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like Officer Neckvein there?

He's threatening the guy with execution.
He's clearly articulating his intent to harass the guy in perpetuity.

If it wasn't so serious it would be comedy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Forgot...

In on One
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

What's even more troubling is that he knows he's being recorded on dashcam. You'd think that would serve as a good deterrent to not act like a dipshit. Apparently not.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Holy crap.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:20:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I pray he loses his job and faces charges.

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What's even more troubling is that he knows he's being recorded on dashcam. You'd think that would serve as a good deterrent to not act like a dipshit. Apparently not.
Probably expected the video to be conveniently "lost".

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:21:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Partner needs to lose his badge too for letting the primary officer go apeshit and make threats like that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:22:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Officer is a disgrace and needs to lose his badge. He also needs to get a new asshole torn in civil and criminal court.

I'm sure people will be along shortly though to bemoan the fact that the thin blue line will defend one of their own though

Well, to be fair, the "officer" in the video flat out stated he could execute the CCW guy and his partner would back him up...  Sounds a little TBL to me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:23:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Well there he is, the other bad cop still left on patrolling the streets of America.

Well that wraps it up.  Now we'll finally enjoy the end of all these cops-gone-bad threads.

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:23:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm glad we are not "required to notify" state.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:23:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, to be fair, the "officer" in the video flat out stated he could execute the CCW guy and his partner would back him up...  Sounds a little TBL to me.

People like him do more harm for the LE community than I think anyone ever realizes.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I pray he loses his job and faces charges.  

If the aneurysm doesn't get him first.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:24:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Oh my!  That officer needs to be thrown out of law enforcement with his awful attitude.  Guy was clearly trying to identify he had a weapon.  With this video, the defendant should walk free and the officer should be looking for another non cop job.  Ridiculous!
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:24:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

From the other thread, apparently if you listen closely, there may be evidence that the driver DID TRY to notify the cop...but the cop kept interrupting him.

From the other thread

Quoted:

**warning about not advocating LEO deaths. *

Hello everyone. Been awhile since I've posted. I guess the good news is concealed carry seems to have gotten "normal." There just don't seem to be as many exciting issues anymore.

I am representing someone in a failure to notify case. It is an ongoing legal case, so I dont want to post too much here right now. I watched the video today, and it verified an almost unbelievable story my client told me. To make this real brief - my client was stopped. Tried to notify, but was told by one officer to shut up. Another officer came to the driver's side door, and again my client tried to notify. You can hear him in the video say "I've got . . ." before he his cut off with a profanity laced tirade, and demand for his driver's license. My clent hands the officer his license, tries to notify again while holding his CHL in his hand. The officer says "What? What are you waving around that you want me to see?" He takes it, looks at it, while my client says "I'm trying to tell you . . ." The officer asks, "do you have a gun? My guy says "Yes" and then is pushed against his vehicle while the officer takes the gun from my client's waistband holster. The total time from the officer approaching the car door to being told he has a gun was 55 seconds.

It gets worse from there. The officer tells my guy that "I should blast you right in the mouth." "I'm close to caving in your head." "You are a stupid human being." "How would you like it if I pull mine and stick it to your head." When speaking to another officer, he says "I hate these ***** with their gd permits." And, again, later tells my client "I should have taken 2 steps back, put 10 rounds in your ***, and left you lying there. I should have executed you, and I'd go home and sleep good tonight."

Internal affairs was notified. I am having a difficult time conveying the intensity involved. This was bad, really bad scene.

Sorry I can't say more right now. Be careful out there!!

Edit to add one more bit of information. My client was stopped in his motor vehicle at the time. He was in a no parking zone. This was not the result of a high speed chase or anything like that.

if the vid gets posted, ill update this post...

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:27:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Jesus the more I watch this, the worse it gets. It's so bad you'd almost wish it was staged. Makes me sick to my stomach
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:29:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this related to this?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1206537_Police_Encounter___bad__really_bad_andquot_lets_try_not_to_get_this_1_locked__andquot_.html/page=11  

Yes.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People like him do more harm for the LE community than I think anyone ever realizes.

It sucks for the rest of us.  How do you ever know when you're going to run into "that guy"?  I've had a dozen or so interactions with the police (all traffic related) in the past 17 or 18 years.  I met one of "those guys" once.  The rest?  Super nice guys.  One even drove me over an hour home after an accident.  Didn't even bother him that I was carrying a Glock 26 on me and had an AK in the car.  He just tossed them in the backseat of his cruiser and let me grab them when he dropped me off.  

Most LEO's are great guys.  Probably 99%.  The problem is guys like in the vid.  They're the one's that make the news unfortunately, and make the rest of us a little nervous anytime we have to interact with them.  We just never know if it's going to be our turn to be the guy in the video.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Jesus the more I watch this, the worse it gets. It's so bad you'd almost wish it was staged. Makes me sick to my stomach

How much you want to bet that the cop in question, is a Democrat who hates CCW?

In fact, towards the end of the video ... he talks about how he hates "people like this". I think he means he hates people who carry guns. HE almost definitely thinks only dangerous cops like him, should be allowed to carry a gun.

I wouldn't trust that cop with a plastic spork!  
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:31:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Tag for later.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:31:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Partner needs to lose his badge too for letting the primary officer go apeshit and make threats like that.

Caught that too, huh?  His partner was backing him up, just not so vocally.

I got a real kick out of how Officer Stassi there kept referring to his partner as "brother".  Nice window into his mentality and thought process.  

Prison is too good for that fuck.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this related to this?

Yes.
Good to know... I doubted the validity of the story in that thread at first, until I saw this video.
Shit like this scares me more than any encounter with a criminal. You can defend yourself against a common criminal... but what if that criminal has a badge?

What... CAN you do?

I mean sure... this cop didn't actually follow through on his threats. But what would you do if say a cop "loses it" like this cop...but actually also acts on it, and then uses excessive force and takes steps to commit murder against you? Self-defense or not...your fucked.

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Shine a light of truth.  I'm thinking of some miniature cameras about the vehicle would be a good investment someday soon.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:38:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Yep, this cop needs to go at the EARLIEST possible convenience......

Love how he yells at the driver after he's cuffed and stuffed about how seriously he 'takes this', yet he didn't take officer safety seriously enough to secure the driver before searching his car....
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:39:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Nothing will happen.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:42:25 PM EDT
[#37]
has there been any local media coverage of this?
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:45:26 PM EDT
[#39]
And the dude was the very model of compliance.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:45:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Holee shit.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No wonder the BAD cops hate cameras.

If you do your job like you say you did it then they help you out.  

That cop DOES NOT need to be working the street.  That video is shocking, his behavior is appaling.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:47:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Yikes!
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:48:26 PM EDT
[#43]
There's far too many assholes like this wearing badges. This clown isn't an asset to his community. He is a threat to his community. And notice how the other officer doesn't say shit to him when he goes into his tirade? This is one of the biggest problems in law enforcement today. The other cop is probably a decent guy. At least he wasn't ranting and raving like ole Roid cop was. But did he ever bother stepping in and telling his partner he was getting out of line and that he should cool it? Hell no. You see that shit all the time too. Police need to start policing themselves it appears, before their reputation as a whole reaches a level where people cheer when they hear of a line of duty death. And taking a line from "Asshole Cop" himself, I don't imagine many people would lose any sleep if they heard this guy was found lying in a ditch beside the highway with a few extra holes in him, certainly not after watching that video.

ETA: Had I been that guy's partner, I likely would have beat his ass for what he did and said. I might not have done it at the scene, but I would have done it. Shit like this can't be condoned and the only people who can stop it are other cops. In the military, fuck-ups like this are given "blanket parties" by their squad mates. There needs to be a police equivalent. Officers who simply stand around and allow other officers to behave in this fashion are only endangering their own lives. People get angry when they witness such abuse of power. It doesn't make police any friends. But it damn well can make enemies out of those who might otherwise be allies.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:50:20 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That cop DOES NOT need to be working the street. That video is shocking, his behavior is appaling.

So it's a good thing he's got a union that will help him keep his patrol job.

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:50:47 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That cop DOES NOT need to be working the street.  That video is shocking, his behavior is appaling.
I don't think that cop should be working period... His anger issues, and violent manner, would make him a poor employee anywhere. He would be a liability anywhere.

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There's far too many assholes like this wearing badges. This clown isn't an asset to his community. He is a threat to his community. And notice how the other officer doesn't say shit to him when he goes into his tirade? This is one of the biggest problems in law enforcement today. The other cop is probably a decent guy. At least he wasn't ranting and raving like ole Roid cop was. But did he ever bother stepping in and telling his partner he was getting out of line and that he should cool it? Hell no. You see that shit all the time too. Police need to start policing themselves it appears, before their reputation as a whole reaches a level where people cheer when they hear of a line of duty death. And taking a line from "Asshole Cop" himself, I don't imagine many people would lose any sleep if they heard this guy was found lying in a ditch beside the highway with a few extra holes in him, certainly not after watching that video.

Absolutely zero chance of any meaningful internal cleanup going on I'd suspect, unfortunately.  We have cops ON THIS VERY FORUM that have watched that video and still refused to disown that shitwhistle.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:54:45 PM EDT
[#47]
The cop seemed like he was on drugs.

ETA: His buddy is a shit stain too.

The one thing that fucking pisses me off more than anything is the god damned daycare mommy act cops pull on people. "WELL, I GUESS YOU AREN'T RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH FOR THIS!" Sorry dude, your job description doesn't say shit about scolding the people you arrest.

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That cop DOES NOT need to be working the street. That video is shocking, his behavior is appaling.
I don't think that cop should be working period... His anger issues, and violent manner, would make him a poor employee anywhere. He would be a liability anywhere.

He would be a worse employee in any other career. Without that power to wield over others, that power to feed his ego, he'd be going postal inside of three months. He needs to be a cop because it affirms what he believes about himself. Separate him from that you've got a walking time bomb.

You don't think that law enforcement draws these guys like magnets?

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:57:10 PM EDT
[#49]
The attacker clearly stated his intention to murder the victim.
The attacker had the means to do so (had gun).
The victim had no way to retreat from the attacker.

There isn't a state in this country where that doesn't absolutely justify you to shoot your attacker.  If the victim or another party had been able to get ahold of a weapon and killed both attackers, this video would have been invaluable evidence to prove his innocence.

One day, someone is going to shoot a cop on sight and use videos like this to convince a jury that any "reasonable person" would be "in fear for his life" during any contact with police.  To be clear, I'm not advocating or suggesting that, I'm just predicting that someday someone will.

So to all the "good cops" out there, every time you fail to do anything to stop the "rare bad apple", you're leaving the public to assume you're all the same enemy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:57:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Love how the asshole cop threatens that every time he see's the driver in the future, he is going to arrest him and have his car towed.

Just an unbelievable event. I'm very pro LEO, but this fuckstick needs to lose his job.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top