User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
has this been done before?

regardless, this could be big.

I watched about 4 episodes last night and have come to the conclusion that these inbred SOBs are an insult to gun owners.  

Episode 1: Hey guys, lets build a gun that folds up into a metal box (ala Magpuls light gun).  They go off about how no ones attempted this before and we should do it.  They go on and on again about how awesome this would be to have if you were walking your dog down the street or on camping trips.  News flash you inbred assholes, a pistol would be a far more effective system than your shitbox.  So that was episode 1 of lets be fucking stupid and put it on TV.

Episode 2: Overweight Mexican Security Dude got a major contract for naval protection and needs a non lethal weapon to defend the ship against pirates.  So douche nozzle mcimbred decides to create a Russian katyusha rocket system.  So they go build this elaborate ghey ass rocket setup that probably cost about $100 and end up charging the guy $5000.  They make "home made" bottle rockets and are super awesome yo.  These rockets don't fly straight at all and fly all over the place.  News flash mall ninja, instead of building hand make bottle rockets, you could have walked down to the fireworks store and bought them for $15.  Yeah real innovation you turd burglers.  Then homie mcillegal is amazed at how wonderful this is at whopping $5k.  

Episode 3: Some semi ok looking woman (about a 6....6 beers) walks into the store with her fudge packer liberal boyfriend/fiance/cover story to buy a 9mm.  So owner douche mcfly instead of helping get these people into the shooting world/gun ownership he sends them on their way out of the store.  Way to go douche.  Now the 6 doesn't have a gun to protect herself and her fudge packing boyfriend is going out with the "guys" on the weekend now.  

Episode 4: He great news.  Lets take a historic Tommy Gun and complete Tapco the fuck out of it.  You know why?  Because no ones ever done it before.  News flash hill billy jim.  Theres a reason people never did it before.  Because it's a fucking classic.  Where is the ATF when you need a no knock search.  

Episode 5: Overweight security dude from #2 is back and helping train the local yokels (I mean swat) and they need a ghey ass door breaching gun.  But not just any shotgun.  They need it mounted onto an AR because the fat entry dude is too fat to get the fuck out of the way for the rest of the team, they need it on the AR so he can just go straight in.  Here a pro tip fatty, just bust through the wall like you were the Kool Aid man.  

Episode 6: Top Dog McGee Trainer needs a lightweight carbine that his customers are looking to buy.  Final price?  $1800.  Pro Tip slick, how about buy a standard AR without all the whiz bang shit on it for under 1/2 price.  

Overall impressions: Owner - for the love of all thats sacred, buy your daughter a set of braces or a trip to the orthodontist to get her grill fixed. If she's going to be on TV, the grill shouldn't look like a commercial for Chiclets.  Head welder guy - seriously if you had as much talent as you said you have, you'd have moved onto place that wasn't producing 3rd world quality shit.  Other guys - you've obviously don't amount to anything since I can't think of anything to say.  

That was EPIC....
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#2]
In for more of the same.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:04:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I watched about 4 episodes last night and have come to the conclusion that these inbred SOBs are an insult to gun owners.  

Episode 1: Hey guys, lets build a gun that folds up into a metal box (ala Magpuls light gun).  They go off about how no ones attempted this before and we should do it.  They go on and on again about how awesome this would be to have if you were walking your dog down the street or on camping trips.  News flash you inbred assholes, a pistol would be a far more effective system than your shitbox.  So that was episode 1 of lets be fucking stupid and put it on TV.

Episode 2: Overweight Mexican Security Dude got a major contract for naval protection and needs a non lethal weapon to defend the ship against pirates.  So douche nozzle mcimbred decides to create a Russian katyusha rocket system.  So they go build this elaborate ghey ass rocket setup that probably cost about $100 and end up charging the guy $5000.  They make "home made" bottle rockets and are super awesome yo.  These rockets don't fly straight at all and fly all over the place.  News flash mall ninja, instead of building hand make bottle rockets, you could have walked down to the fireworks store and bought them for $15.  Yeah real innovation you turd burglers.  Then homie mcillegal is amazed at how wonderful this is at whopping $5k.  

Episode 3: Some semi ok looking woman (about a 6....6 beers) walks into the store with her fudge packer liberal boyfriend/fiance/cover story to buy a 9mm.  So owner douche mcfly instead of helping get these people into the shooting world/gun ownership he sends them on their way out of the store.  Way to go douche.  Now the 6 doesn't have a gun to protect herself and her fudge packing boyfriend is going out with the "guys" on the weekend now.  

Episode 4: He great news.  Lets take a historic Tommy Gun and complete Tapco the fuck out of it.  You know why?  Because no ones ever done it before.  News flash hill billy jim.  Theres a reason people never did it before.  Because it's a fucking classic.  Where is the ATF when you need a no knock search.  

Episode 5: Overweight security dude from #2 is back and helping train the local yokels (I mean swat) and they need a ghey ass door breaching gun.  But not just any shotgun.  They need it mounted onto an AR because the fat entry dude is too fat to get the fuck out of the way for the rest of the team, they need it on the AR so he can just go straight in.  Here a pro tip fatty, just bust through the wall like you were the Kool Aid man.  

Episode 6: Top Dog McGee Trainer needs a lightweight carbine that his customers are looking to buy.  Final price?  $1800.  Pro Tip slick, how about buy a standard AR without all the whiz bang shit on it for under 1/2 price.  

Overall impressions: Owner - for the love of all thats sacred, buy your daughter a set of braces or a trip to the orthodontist to get her grill fixed. If she's going to be on TV, the grill shouldn't look like a commercial for Chiclets.  Head welder guy - seriously if you had as much talent as you said you have, you'd have moved onto place that wasn't producing 3rd world quality shit.  Other guys - you've obviously don't amount to anything since I can't think of anything to say.  

This should be in the TV guide description of the show

Let me add that RJF is to weapons what OCC is to motorcycles. Sorry Senior, I call 'em as i see 'em. American Chopper was fun at the beginning, but it degenerated into a soap opera with motorcycles as an afterthought.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

This should be in the TV guide description of the show

This made the thread worth opening.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Big write up in NRA mag this month
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Stephanie!

this^  even with that crooked tooth
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

<snip>  Here a pro tip fatty, just bust through the wall like you were the Kool Aid man.  <snip>

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stephanie!

this^ even with that crooked tooth

Big hell yes  
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I refuse to watch that show

Ditto.

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:20:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

<snip>  Here a pro tip fatty, just bust through the wall like you were the Kool Aid man.  <snip>

OH YEAH!
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stephanie!

She is so far from worthy of that smiley it is ridiculous.

Her teeth, belly, and voice make me want to vomit when I see her. Especially since she has that "I'm hot shit" attitude. And no need to call me out on the looks of my girl. I've already posted pics in BOTD.

This. I think she looks like a mouse, and she annoys me.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stephanie!

So you guys dig girls with fucked up grills and shitty dye jobs?

Fuck yea cuz!

Gwels with fucked up grills & bad dye jobs are freaks in the bed!

Not gonna lie, unlike the majority of ARFCOM, I have hit worse.

I have hit much worse and gone back for more.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stephanie!

Her teeth, belly, and voice make me want to vomit when I see her. Especially since she has that "I'm hot shit" attitude. And no need to call me out on the looks of my girl. I've already posted pics in BOTD.

the show annoys me, it give me a headache with the full on dumb shit they do, the one with the dual M16s was a big joke! that guys CO didn't even seem like he was even in the military, it might have just been me but that episode made me
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

This is 100% accurate how I feel about the show.

I can't believe that his help is allowed to handle firearms...they all look like felons to me.

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
*snip*

*snip*  

i can agree with most of what you said, excepting this.

you can't help everyone, nor is it necessarily a good thing to do so. and selling a gun to some know-nothing liberal that has no idea how to operate a firearm AT ALL, let alone safely, falls into that category for me.

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
no, but based on what i have seen on the show i wasn't really impressed with the operation.

I'll see your and raise you

Have you seen the show? Its like American Choppers for firearms. And I just love the made up projects just to have something to do

Come on.

Not only is it not professional gunsmithing, it isn't even hobby gunsmithing.

It's hacksaw, bastard file and hand drill smithing.  With no eye protection.

And they spend half the show congratulating themselves for their inventiveness and expertise.

At least when Chip Foose ruins a old muslecar, the work is performed by first rate experts.

Metal work and woodwork is an actual craft. I'd love to see the Red Jacket guys inlet a stock blank.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did a search on Red Jacket and nothing came up. So I'd figure I'd ask the question.

I'll  search for sons of guns, thanks .....

Red Jacket had a moderatly decrnt rep untill the tv show if I remember right

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

no, but based on what i have seen on the show i wasn't really impressed with the operation.

Have you seen the show? Its like American Choppers for firearms. And I just love the made up projects just to have something to do

Come on.

And they spend half the show congratulating themselves for their inventiveness and expertise.

At least when Chip Foose ruins a old muslecar, the work is performed by first rate experts.

Metal work and woodwork is an actual craft. I'd love to see the Red Jacket guys inlet a stock blank.

That made me LOL.

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Stephanie!

Big hell yes  

I will give another hell yes and raise you a with .

I know what was mentioned earlier, but there is something about her...
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#21]
The people who I have met who like that show also get real excited about "All Worked Up" and "Repo Men".....

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stephanie!

I don't see anything wrong with her that would generate all this abuse.

I never saw the point of heaping abuse on people for the sake of doing it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#23]
What channel is this show on?
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Discovery

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#25]
DId I also forget to mention Glenn the closet homo with his pink house?  Yeah that's not gay in the least.  Also apparently he's a "historical weapons expert".  No joke.  He's so great that he bought a fake coffee grinder sharps.  Yeah let me get this douche's expert on buying guns.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Discovery

only reason it's on is because they are running out of ideas for TV shows so they decided to put some inbred hillbillies on that make shitty guns
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Will built a solid Bulgarian 74 and a krink for me about 3 years ago. He does good work. His prices are reasonable. Took a long time to get them completed but it was worth the wait. Sold him my original krink barrel and replaced it with a 16".
He does a great job with email and phone correspondence but he's got a heavy accent that is difficult for this yankee to understand. I would recommend him to anyone.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 12:08:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Discovery

I'll have to check it out.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Discovery

I'll have to check it out.

what is seen cannot be unseen.  You've been warned.  

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#30]
I do.

The owner, Will, is a bit of a dick. He is not ashamed of this.

That aside, he makes a damn fine AK. I own one, and recommend them to anyone that will listen.

You will be hard pressed to find a better built AK.

ETA: I've never seen the show, and can't comment there, but I've met most of the people that work there and can only assume from the comments that what you see on TV is not the reality of the place and the people.

Will is a little eccentric and a bit of an asshole, but sharp as a tack and makes a damn fine AK. I can't say much about his other guns as I don't have personal experience with them.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Red Jacket Suppressor...

Other company's suppressor designs...

Red Jacket baffling...garage engineering

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Found the chick/9mm video . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUhRTIf7q8Y

Whose can is that at 2:36?
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I know a guy that sent them his hakim rifle to have the barrel chopped to 16". It took him about six weeks to get it back. It looked ok, but I don't know how it functioned since I haven't talk to the guy in a while.

Also, fuck them for doing what they did to that poor thompson.

Because owners of historic firearms arent allowed to do whatever they want to with their guns if it doesnt follow your own views, right?
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Better than that Larue crap.  Does that girl drink blood?
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 12:26:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know a guy that sent them his hakim rifle to have the barrel chopped to 16". It took him about six weeks to get it back. It looked ok, but I don't know how it functioned since I haven't talk to the guy in a while.

Also, fuck them for doing what they did to that poor thompson.

Because owners of historic firearms arent allowed to do whatever they want to with their guns if it doesnt follow your own views, right?

i dont think you want to fuck up historic firearms like red jacket does, once you do the value drops a lot i bet
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Will built a solid Bulgarian 74 and a krink for me about 3 years ago. He does good work. His prices are reasonable. Took a long time to get them completed but it was worth the wait. Sold him my original krink barrel and replaced it with a 16".
He does a great job with email and phone correspondence but he's got a heavy accent that is difficult for this yankee to understand. I would recommend him to anyone.

I have to agree. I had an Arsenal Legion Saiga converted to an AK103 and a preban Maadi fixed stock changed to side folding russian stock and barrel swapped. Prices were great...communication was first rate but the wait was a little long. I don't watch the show and dont care to, But I would use them again.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stephanie!

Big hell yes  

I will give another hell yes and raise you a with .

I know what was mentioned earlier, but there is something about her...

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on.

This was not a compliment

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stephanie!

I don't see anything wrong with her that would generate all this abuse.

I never saw the point of heaping abuse on people for the sake of doing it.

It's not abuse, as I'm sure she's a nice person, but it is just my opinion of her.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I did an NFA transfer through them a few years back.

They are fucking idiots.

I will never do business with them again.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That pretty well sums it up
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Seems most people on this thread watch the show. But no one will admit to liking the show.

Seems like you have the season memorized, cmon people just admit it's an entertaining show. Regardless of there quality
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Ok I may get laughed at for this but this is my opinion of Red Jacket Firearms complete with story. When I saw the show some of the things they built seriously made me go However on the Thompson that was not a original Thompson SMG it was a semi auto replica. If that had been a real Tommy gun I would have been furious.

But anyway. I got a invite to the Birthday bash a month back in Miss. Now watching the show and talking to them on the phone I didn't know what to expect. Will makes it clear there motto is "If you can dream it we can build it." Or something like that. I've called about doing a MP5 build was told Will doesn't like to deal with them because of quality control of after market parts................It was a original H&K 9MM parts kit.

I also asked about doing a simple Semi Auto Sten build and the same answer.....No we don't deal with those.  At that point I was thinking. "Ok they won't even do a sten build? Ok I guess this is not the place for my business.

I had been talking to Glenn aka Flemming (The new guy off and on before the bash and he is a very cool dude and knows what he is doing.) I ended up going and it was certainly a experience. My general opinion on meeting the crew Glenn is a very good dude and very down to earth. Vince the gunsmith is also very down to earth and a pretty funny guy. Steph is really not that bad looking. Sure a lot more pretty girls I've seen but meeting her she does have a decent personality and she's still very doable even with the teeth. The ones I didn't much care for is Kris who comes off like a bit of a douche and a bit of a fake person when you meet him. The other new guys I forget the names but one of em his first spot on the show was shoveling dog shit......Well I think he needs quite a bit more time on tools and guns.

At the bash if you brought yer own ammo you could shoot the smaller full autos or buy ammo from them and I brought quite a lot of 7.62x39. Well one of the Frankenkrinks they had on full auto was not resetting and I had a feeling I knew what it was and was trying to tell him "Hey I think it's a real simple fix. Can I see it a moment?" But being the expert he was did not listen to me. He never got it working again.

I've spoken to Will briefly a few times and he is a nice guy from what I can tell but he is a lil bit Yokel .

I think the show actually puts all the negatives to the front and the good points about each person get thrown in the trash. It's a reality show let's not forget that and I think Discovery encourages some the asshattery and the way they edit the show is fucking retarded! When I spoke to a couple of the guys about the editing a example being Flem's Semi auto build and all of a sudden they are firing a full auto mg42 and bottom line it's a case of bad editing on Discovery's part.

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok I laughed.

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Better than that Larue crap.  Does that girl drink blood?

She can drink my blood hoss..... That and I can give her something else to drink too!
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

They are fucking idiots.

LOL. Matches with what they put on the show.

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They are fucking idiots.

Not halal enough?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top