Site Notices
10/24/2014 2:42:22 PM
Author
Posted: 7/6/2011 10:38:36 PM
I know not alot of dealers are still selling to us normal people, but there are a few still out there. Whos selling still?
whomper
Thread Killer
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 10:46:04 PM
Tactical Response Gear used to sell them.
Dunno if they still do.

Sorry it's not much help.

Vault_Boy
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 10:50:45 PM
Yeah, I noticed that a couple of days ago at ammunitiontogo.com. Why did everyone stop selling them?
Makarov92
There are no lifeguards in the gene pool...
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 10:52:53 PM
tag
UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START
armbritain.com
Immaculate Conception of Mary patron saint of the United States
ChuckD05
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 10:53:21 PM
Originally Posted By Makarov92:
tag

Big thanks to FiftyCalAl for doing what he does!
TN Squire
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." -Thomas Jefferson
mike3000fl
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 10:53:34 PM
i heard something about part of the fuse making the entire thing a destructive device. atf.
Vault_Boy
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 10:55:58 PM
Originally Posted By mike3000fl:
i heard something about part of the fuse making the entire thing a destructive device. atf.

I don't think here's enough explosive in the fuse to meet the ATFs definition of a DD. I guess I should have got them while the getting was good.
Mal_means_bad
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 11:07:53 PM
Well, in any case, they seem to be off the civvie market. Is there a good alternative for a weather resistant, pull ring smoke grenade?
Mosspointers
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 11:13:32 PM
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Well, in any case, they seem to be off the civvie market. Is there a good alternative for a weather resistant, pull ring smoke grenade?

Glock makes one.
Proud Member of Team Ranstad.
Tennessee Squiire
© Mosspointers 2010 All rights reserved
Danj
I'll never leave Harlan alive
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 11:14:39 PM
I think ALS is trying to work on making a different fuse so they can sell to civies.
Vault_Boy
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 11:16:13 PM
[Last Edit: 7/6/2011 11:25:47 PM by Vault_Boy]
Look for M18s at the gun shows. I used to get them in the 90s for about $25. I'm sure they still show up. Also used to be able to get great Canadian smokes for about $5 a pop, but you had to add a striker and spring & pin. They are weird looking "spoonless" sea-green things with a plastic twist off cap, same size as an M18. Tons of smoke, but they were HC so they weren't nice to play with without a mask.

Sucks they (ALS) went away.
twckxbzd
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 11:18:09 PM

make your own.
http://www.firefox-fx.com/index.htm
they have everything you need to make a fuckton of smoke.
Cole2534
I just do whatever I want.
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 11:19:55 PM
Originally Posted By Vault_Boy:
Look for M18s at the gun shows. I used to get them in the 90s for about $25.
Sucks they went away.

And gas was $.89, your point?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Originally Posted By higgimw:
Meanwhile the ANTI-GUN gun people are happy as fags in a dick tree waiting for the ban to hit!!!!

Vault_Boy
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 11:24:17 PM
Originally Posted By Cole2534:
Look for M18s at the gun shows. I used to get them in the 90s for about $25.
Sucks they went away.

And gas was $.89, your point?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I guess my point was THAT M18S SHOW UP AT GUN SHOWS FOR SALE.
dpmmn
NRA Life Member
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 11:24:22 PM

Originally Posted By ChuckD05:
Originally Posted By Makarov92:
tag

IYAOYAS
Tennessee Squire
mike3000fl
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 11:28:20 PM
Recusance
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 11:29:40 PM
Yeah, I noticed that a couple of days ago at ammunitiontogo.com. Why did everyone stop selling them?

because it's almost fo time.

you didn't get the memo did you?
Vault_Boy
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 11:31:39 PM
Originally Posted By Recusance:

because it's almost fo time.

you didn't get the memo did you?

No.
OhioLongRange
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 11:47:33 PM

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=8933

http://compare.ebay.com/like/280700334478?var=lv<yp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y
OhioLongRange
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 11:50:21 PM
UncivilEngineer
Junior Grade Poster
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 11:55:19 PM

Originally Posted By OhioLongRange:

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=8933

http://compare.ebay.com/like/280700334478?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y

from USCAV

NOTE: All ALS items must ship to a Law Enforcement or Military Installation
call Kenny Loggins, cause you're in the Danger Zone
C-4
No Fate But What We Make
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/7/2011 12:03:30 AM
Originally Posted By mike3000fl:
thread about ALS smoke and DD http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=21&t=331615

There's talk of changing the ignitor formulation. Hopefully these will come back on the market.
Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War. --Plato
AFSOC
Killin a man is a hell of a thing...
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/7/2011 10:32:15 AM
Simple Explosives license required, and a storage magazine that could be as simple as a JOBOX...
"Deservins got nothin ta do with it."
CSFIREARMS
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2011 2:41:00 PM
Originally Posted By AFSOC:
Simple Explosives license required, and a storage magazine that could be as simple as a JOBOX...

Do you have a license and if you do what storage magazine did you make?

CSF

Makarov92
There are no lifeguards in the gene pool...
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2011 3:49:54 PM
UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START
armbritain.com
Immaculate Conception of Mary patron saint of the United States
"Saint Peter, the eternal guardian of the gates of heaven, always carries with him a 1911."
-Watcher-
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2011 5:45:25 PM

Originally Posted By CSFIREARMS:

Do you have a license and if you do what storage magazine did you make?

CSF

You realize, I expect, that having the license doesn't help you with ALS, right? Regardless of whether BATFE is actually enforcing this rule (and there has been some suggestion that they have not), is it not that ALS now requires and requires of its retailers, that only law enforcement, military, and government, on department letterhead and delivered to a department address may purchase its products? Having an explosives license will not otherwise place one in the approved group. Which is to say, before bothering to obtain the license, you might consider asking ALS if license holders are an undisclosed purchasing group.
AFSOC
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2011 7:32:01 PM
Originally Posted By -Watcher-:

Do you have a license and if you do what storage magazine did you make? The Requirement is spelled out in the regs but like I say above, JOBOX... The Transportation Magazine (Yeah you have to have this too) no more than 20 devices and can be an Ammo Can like a SAW can or 50 can bolted to the vehicle and secured with a minimum 5 tumbler pad lock, if you CHAIN the box to the vehicle so that it is stable and secure then you don't need to bolt it down but it still needs to be locked up if the chain does that too then you don't need the LOCK

CSF

You realize, I expect, that having the license doesn't help you with ALS, right? Regardless of whether BATFE is actually enforcing this rule (and there has been some suggestion that they have not), is it not that ALS now requires and requires of its retailers, that only law enforcement, military, and government, on department letterhead and delivered to a department address may purchase its products? Having an explosives license will not otherwise place one in the approved group. Which is to say, before bothering to obtain the license, you might consider asking ALS if license holders are an undisclosed purchasing group.

Mike Aultman says if you have an Explosives license he will sell to you.
Bangs and Gas are different though now. but Smoke he will sell to you IF you have an explosives license.
The M201 fuse assembly contains a quantity of a particular chemistry that is an explosive now.
Possession without the permits is a felony, (I don't make this up) The CANISTER is not regulated just the fuse assembly.
a Friction pull ignitor or a time fuse could be used.
PER BATFE any of these devices in private possession without a license should be turned over to the local EOD unit for disposal.
Though they cannot guarantee no repurcusions locally. Just report them as "Found" I suppose...
The License is not expensive.
PER BATFE
"To answer your questions below, the M201A1 igniters without any flash powder component (“fuze assembly” only) are low explosives subject to the licensing/permitting, recordkeeping and storage requirements under the Federal explosives laws and regulations. The igniters you showed me with flash powder components affixed (reloads for distraction devices) are both high explosives under the explosives laws and regulations and destructive devices under the National Firearms Act. When installed in the grenade hull, the classification remains high explosive/destructive device. A smoke grenade with the M201A1 igniter is a low explosive because of the igniter. The smoke component itself is typically not classified as an explosive by ATF (however, because there are probably many smoke formulations, anybody wishing for a determination on a particular product should send documentation to ATF). The net explosive weight of the M201A1 fuze/igniter should be obtained from the manufacturer."

The License would be for a User/ Low Explosive, A copy would need to be sent to ALS to procure the devices.
Aultman is a good dude.
CSFIREARMS
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/13/2011 5:57:51 PM

Do you have a license and if you do what storage magazine did you make? The Requirement is spelled out in the regs but like I say above, JOBOX... The Transportation Magazine (Yeah you have to have this too) no more than 20 devices and can be an Ammo Can like a SAW can or 50 can bolted to the vehicle and secured with a minimum 5 tumbler pad lock, if you CHAIN the box to the vehicle so that it is stable and secure then you don't need to bolt it down but it still needs to be locked up if the chain does that too then you don't need the LOCK

CSF

Bangs and Gas are different though now. but Smoke he will sell to you IF you have an explosives license.
The M201 fuse assembly contains a quantity of a particular chemistry that is an explosive now.
Possession without the permits is a felony, (I don't make this up) The CANISTER is not regulated just the fuse assembly.
PER BATFE any of these devices in private possession without a license should be turned over to the local EOD unit for disposal.
Though they cannot guarantee no repurcusions locally. Just report them as "Found" I suppose...
PER BATFE
"To answer your questions below, the M201A1 igniters without any flash powder component (“fuze assembly” only) are low explosives subject to the licensing/permitting, recordkeeping and storage requirements under the Federal explosives laws and regulations. The igniters you showed me with flash powder components affixed (reloads for distraction devices) are both high explosives under the explosives laws and regulations and destructive devices under the National Firearms Act. When installed in the grenade hull, the classification remains high explosive/destructive device. A smoke grenade with the M201A1 igniter is a low explosive because of the igniter. The smoke component itself is typically not classified as an explosive by ATF (however, because there are probably many smoke formulations, anybody wishing for a determination on a particular product should send documentation to ATF). The net explosive weight of the M201A1 fuze/igniter should be obtained from the manufacturer."

The License would be for a User/ Low Explosive, A copy would need to be sent to ALS to procure the devices.
Aultman is a good dude.

Is the license good for anything else worth buying? CS, stingball? Anything cool?

CSF

AFSOC
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/13/2011 7:47:01 PM
Training bangs, Gas I don't know as I have no need for it and didn't ask.
Stingball probably not. HC smoke, Triple HC smoke, Pocket Smokes all colors and so forth...

CSF

PER BATFE

Aultman is a good dude.

Is the license good for anything else worth buying? CS, stingball? Anything cool?

CSF