BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Coors has breweries in Memphis, TN and Shenandoah, VA as well as Golden, CO

Rocky Mountain spring water????? How does that work ?

Mopwater with a little used antifreeze mixed in for a little kick is how it works.
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Boulder is a notorious hippie haven so I could see how someone would may think Coors would be the same.

Except Coors is in Golden, CO.

I was just there over the long weekend. My Mother-in-Law retired from Coors. She worked in the marketing department there and she was also a taster. I think that was one day every two weeks. Apparently there's some flavor that only a small fraction of the population can taste, but it indicates other things about the batches.

Anyhow, as I said, my MIL retired from there, my wife and her brothers all worked there during their summers in college. They used to be able to buy the beer fresh from the brewery at the loading dock for cost. It's still the only beer my FIL stocks in the fridge, and I will not drink it and neither will my wife. It is terrible.
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boulder is a notorious hippie haven so I could see how someone would may think Coors would be the same.

Except Coors is in Golden, CO.

I was just there over the long weekend. My Mother-in-Law retired from Coors. She worked in the marketing department there and she was also a taster. I think that was one day every two weeks. Apparently there's some flavor that only a small fraction of the population can taste, but it indicates other things about the batches.

Anyhow, as I said, my MIL retired from there, my wife and her brothers all worked there during their summers in college. They used to be able to buy the beer fresh from the brewery at the loading dock for cost. It's still the only beer my FIL stocks in the fridge, and I will not drink it and neither will my wife. It is terrible.

Well crap....and I've even been to both places.  So much for my theory and geography.
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Coors isn't anti-gun, they are anti-beer.
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#6]
They must be a neat company, I got an order last year from Coors for a couple of thousand flower seedlings. Apparently, they have their own greenhouse and everything, do their own landscaping, etc.

Yellow flowers btw. I think they were trying to match their yellow cans.
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 2:16:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Coors original is my favorite "gas station with no beer selection" beer.

You have good gas stations. Regular Coors is getting harder and harder to find compared to their other products, at least around here.

Link Posted: 7/6/2011 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#8]
You are from IL and like the KSL.

Please tell me you are a current or former WIU student.
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn, some of ya'll have a shitty taste in beer.
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That's a negatory, ghost rider.

Link Posted: 7/6/2011 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a negatory, ghost rider.  

Damnit.

Drinking Keystone is only acceptable in Macomb, IL.
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Well we figured doors isn't anti gun early on page one, but this love for keystone light is mind boggling.  That is for poor kids in college.  It's way more terrible than natty.
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That is for poor kids in college.  It's way more terrible than natty.

Yes it is, how do you know OP isnt in college?

Between 04 and 08 I drank enough Keystone to float an aircraft carrier in.

$9.50 for a 30 pack.
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Not sure about guns but I do know if you take Coors east of the Mississippi, it's bootlegging.

Alright, Bandit.

Link Posted: 7/6/2011 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Well we figured doors isn't anti gun early on page one, but this love for keystone light is mind boggling.  That is for poor kids in college.  It's way more terrible than natty.

Macomb's not far... speaking of which, need an excuse to fly? I'd love to go with ya again sometime Kalah.

Natty, Coors and Keystone are all undrinkable to me. I can tolerate Miller, Bud and Old Style. Prefer a Blue Moon, Corona, Leinenkugel or Looty's fave, Heineken.

Link Posted: 7/6/2011 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Macomb's not far... speaking of which, need an excuse to fly? I'd love to go with ya again sometime Kalah.

<a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/199/dadandhisbeerbottlecoll.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6104/dadandhisbeerbottlecoll.jpg</a>

Natty, Coors and Keystone are all undrinkable to me. I can tolerate Miller, Bud and Old Style. Prefer a Blue Moon, Corona, Leinenkugel or Looty's fave, Heineken.  

We will have to do that again this summer.
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Beer hipsters are out in force tonight.
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#18]
This book details how conservative the Coors family was, and how old Adolph Coors was a big supporter of all things conservative.

Not sure who's running things these days...

Link Posted: 7/6/2011 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Beer hipsters lovers are out in force tonight.

Link Posted: 7/6/2011 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This book details how conservative the Coors family was, and how old Adolph Coors was a big supporter of all things conservative.

Not sure who's running things these days...

It sure aint anybody named "Coors"

Coors sold out years ago to Molson I do believe.
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I like a Coors Banquette. But I'm not picky.
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Not a fan of Keith Stone. Regular Coors is OK , but I thought Coors already WAS a light beer , so not quite sure why they ever made Coors Light maybe same idea as Bush Light ?

I am , however , pretty groovy on the Schuetzen-style rifle , many which are works of art .

Wish Coors was still involved with the BPC shooters , it's too bad
I probably wont ever get much fancier than my Sharps , but if Schuetzenfests ever get popular enough to get a club involved in it locally .  .  .  .  .I'd love to try it out.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 5:31:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Coors still sponsors the Coors Schutzenfest every year at the NRA Whittington Center. They also came in and built the range at no cost to the NRA or the Whittington Center. They used to hold the match at a range within sight of the brewery in Boulder CO up until, oh, 1995 or so, but moved after all the complaints about gunfire noise from the Yuppies who bought McMansions near the range. After a few years of lost income from the Shutzenfest and other matches, the City fathers wanted Coors to come back and hold their match at the old club, Coors told 'em never gonna happen.

I think it's safe to say Coors is pro gun.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 5:33:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not sure about guns but I do know if you take Coors east of the Mississippi, it's bootlegging.

Never a fan of Keystone but back in my youth, did partake in a whole lot of Milwaukee's Best or "The Beast" as we called it.  Pretty much because we were all broke, most of the time.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 5:40:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Coors still sponsors the Coors Schutzenfest every year at the NRA Whittington Center. They also came in and built the range at no cost to the NRA or the Whittington Center. They used to hold the match at a range within sight of the brewery in Boulder CO up until, oh, 1995 or so, but moved after all the complaints about gunfire noise from the Yuppies who bought McMansions near the range. After a few years of lost income from the Shutzenfest and other matches, the City fathers wanted Coors to come back and hold their match at the old club, Coors told 'em never gonna happen.

I think it's safe to say Coors is pro gun.

THE FUCK!!??
Coors Company and Family have ALWAYS been pro-2nd Amendment!

I think you are right for thinking what you are thinking!
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 5:44:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My favorite beer is Keystone Light, and before that Coors Light.  I was told today that the Coors Company is Anti-gun.  Does anybody know anything about this???

I wouldn't call anything you listed a "beer".
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top