Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/23/2011 8:39:14 AM EDT
on XD Talk...has anyone heard of any updates about the family and how they are doing??

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#1]
link to story?
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I heard she accidentally the whole thing.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:01:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm thinking they ended up moving but I can't recall.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Seriously, please post a link. Sounds like a good story.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:03:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Utah
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm thinking they ended up moving but I can't recall.

They were going to, but I don't remember ever seeing the conclusion.  And I apparently didn't subscribe to the thread
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#7]
???
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
on XD Talk...has anyone heard of any updates about the family and how they are doing??

hopefully they moved.  i also hope that they didn't say where they were moving to.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It was until all the gangbanger shitbags and their families kept threatening them.

I didn't save a link.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was until all the gangbanger shitbags and their families kept threatening them.

I didn't save a link.

I didn't save the link and lost track of the outcome of the entire event.   I recall them wanting to move but that was the last I heard.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#11]
They sent a guy with cross shaped throwing knives after her.

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah it happened in OKC...guy was working at Tinker AFB IIRC
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 12:09:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 12:12:51 PM EDT
[#15]
That guy joined ARFCOM and was giving updates.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 12:15:20 PM EDT
[#16]

ETA: Glad it wasn't cancer. That first post was a real kick in the nuts.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#17]
My family is doing much better now.  I was able to get a job on Hill AFB in Utah and moved here in February of 2011.  My wife is fine as there was no cancer.  She and my son are still in counseling to help with the post traumatic stress disorder that they were suffering from.  If all goes well they should be done with this by the end of this month (Aug 2011).  There are only two things that we need to happen before we can have true closure from our “event”:  The murder trial that my wife is the only witness to (in Oklahoma, they have the “birds of a feather” law that if a group of people commit a felony and one of them gets killed than the surviving members will get changed with this persons murder) and we still need to get rid of the old house in Oklahoma.  I am trying to get it into a short sale with BoA, but this has not gone very smooth yet and may still end up being a foreclosure.  Don’t feel bad for us though.  Even though we were homeless for a little over 6 months, we had friends, family and the support of the entire gun community that helped us out a lot!  My old house was supposed to have been purchased by the government as a part of my transfer.  Knowing this we purchased a much nicer home here in Utah (after a lot of research on neighborhoods and grilling the local police for a safe place to live).  It was a big priority for me to get us out of the homeless category and back into a routine for the kid’s sake.   Because of the “event” the offer on my old place was $25000 under payoff plus they were nickel and diming me on minor repairs and it was also vandalized a couple of times!  I feel bad now for not waiting to make sure the sale of the old place was taken care completely but I was having a hard time dealing with the guilt of not providing for my family and that tainted my judgment.  I will have to live with that decision now, but I don’t feel too guilty for doing what I thought was best.  My family was put through what I hope is the worst case test of our perseverance and with a lot of help we came out stronger, safer and better off than when we started.  Feel free to ask me any questions that you may have, it’s very important to me that I give back some of the awesome support that I have received!
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#20]
No questions, just glad y'all are doing better.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Glad you are ok! I had forgotten about the incident but I was following when it was in my subscription list.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 1:02:04 PM EDT
[#23]
If you kill a gang member and the others threaten you the police should be required to take you on a guided safari to kill the rest.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 1:06:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Never heard of this.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#25]
I remember it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#27]
God bless you and your family.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Did the little gangbanger kid go to trial or is that still in the works?
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Glad to hear you and your family are doing well! I assumed you would need to "vanish" for a while.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My family is doing much better now.

All fantastic news. That first post about your wife's medical issues was felt hard, and that was just a few seconds for a stranger who's never met you. I can't imagine what you and she felt. Or the joy of learning what was really going on!

Drop by here too. The  (Rocky Mountain)Utah Hometown Forum isn't super active, but it's full of great guys.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If you kill a gang member and the others threaten you the police should be required to take you on a guided safari to kill the rest.

I like this idea.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My family is doing much better now.  I was able to get a job on Hill AFB in Utah and moved here in February of 2011.  My wife is fine as there was no cancer.  She and my son are still in counseling to help with the post traumatic stress disorder that they were suffering from.  If all goes well they should be done with this by the end of this month (Aug 2011).  There are only two things that we need to happen before we can have true closure from our “event”:  The murder trial that my wife is the only witness to (in Oklahoma, they have the “birds of a feather” law that if a group of people commit a felony and one of them gets killed than the surviving members will get changed with this persons murder) and we still need to get rid of the old house in Oklahoma.  I am trying to get it into a short sale with BoA, but this has not gone very smooth yet and may still end up being a foreclosure.  Don’t feel bad for us though.  Even though we were homeless for a little over 6 months, we had friends, family and the support of the entire gun community that helped us out a lot!  My old house was supposed to have been purchased by the government as a part of my transfer.  Knowing this we purchased a much nicer home here in Utah (after a lot of research on neighborhoods and grilling the local police for a safe place to live).  It was a big priority for me to get us out of the homeless category and back into a routine for the kid’s sake.   Because of the “event” the offer on my old place was $25000 under payoff plus they were nickel and diming me on minor repairs and it was also vandalized a couple of times!  I feel bad now for not waiting to make sure the sale of the old place was taken care completely but I was having a hard time dealing with the guilt of not providing for my family and that tainted my judgment.  I will have to live with that decision now, but I don’t feel too guilty for doing what I thought was best.  My family was put through what I hope is the worst case test of our perseverance and with a lot of help we came out stronger, safer and better off than when we started.  Feel free to ask me any questions that you may have, it’s very important to me that I give back some of the awesome support that I have received!

I'm glad you guys are OK.

I have not read all the material, but have the police given the gun back?
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Wow!!

Amazing how a 9mm can change your whole day. Good shoot.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Having just read the synopsis in one of the original threads, I absolutely CANNOT imagine being too busy or too scared to help a friend move out in a hurry in such a situation.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Did the little gangbanger kid go to trial or is that still in the works?

Both of the survivors are still awaiting trial.  The preliminary trial was in Jan of 2011 and we don't have a date for the actual trial yet.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No.  Even though my wife has been cleared of all charges, it is still considered the murder weapon.  It will only be returned after all of the sentence has been handed down AND all appeals have been exhausted.  So long story short about 10 to 15 years from now...

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Gladja made it through all that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Glad you are on the road back to "normalcy".
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#40]

MAN it is good to hear this. Glad things are working themselves out
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  Even though my wife has been cleared of all charges, it is still considered the murder weapon.  It will only be returned after all of the sentence has been handed down AND all appeals have been exhausted.  So long story short about 10 to 15 years from now...

Are they going to be asking for the death penalty?  That's pretty rare for felony murder....  Otherwise I think it would be less than 10-15 years....

Regardless, the gun is a small price to pay for your family...  Sounds like these wastes of skin would have killed them for sure...

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

My family is doing much better now. I was able to get a job on Hill AFB in Utah and moved here in February of 2011. My wife is fine as there was no cancer. She and my son are still in counseling to help with the post traumatic stress disorder that they were suffering from. If all goes well they should be done with this by the end of this month (Aug 2011). There are only two things that we need to happen before we can have true closure from our "event”: The murder trial that my wife is the only witness to (in Oklahoma, they have the "birds of a feather” law that if a group of people commit a felony and one of them gets killed than the surviving members will get changed with this persons murder) and we still need to get rid of the old house in Oklahoma. I am trying to get it into a short sale with BoA, but this has not gone very smooth yet and may still end up being a foreclosure. Don’t feel bad for us though. Even though we were homeless for a little over 6 months, we had friends, family and the support of the entire gun community that helped us out a lot! My old house was supposed to have been purchased by the government as a part of my transfer. Knowing this we purchased a much nicer home here in Utah (after a lot of research on neighborhoods and grilling the local police for a safe place to live). It was a big priority for me to get us out of the homeless category and back into a routine for the kid’s sake. Because of the "event” the offer on my old place was $25000 under payoff plus they were nickel and diming me on minor repairs and it was also vandalized a couple of times! I feel bad now for not waiting to make sure the sale of the old place was taken care completely but I was having a hard time dealing with the guilt of not providing for my family and that tainted my judgment. I will have to live with that decision now, but I don’t feel too guilty for doing what I thought was best. My family was put through what I hope is the worst case test of our perseverance and with a lot of help we came out stronger, safer and better off than when we started. Feel free to ask me any questions that you may have, it’s very important to me that I give back some of the awesome support that I have received!

I am thankful to hear that you are scrapping your life back together. I hate that your wife has to carry this burden for the rest of her life, but she did the right thing!!!

Am I understanding correctly, that this is all gang-related? The reason I am asking is because I have been facing a gang situation for the last 4 months.

I have had to decide on numerous locations whether or not I was going to shoot gang members. I have been told that if I shot these (Cuz) Crips gang members that everything would be okay, but I know differently!

I know if I have to shoot, that my life as I know it and my ministry would be over. Your situation just lets me know that I have done the right thing so far....

It also allows me to see that things could be a whole lot worse and that I have not had it as bad as I thought I had! I do appreciate your sharing it with us. It has helped me out a lot!!!

Thanks you for your strength and diligence. I do understand a little of what you have went through...

May God Bless and your family,

Amos1909

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#44]

I'm not sure...

They kicked in the door from the back yard into my garage and that woke up my wife. She texted me and asked if there was an earthquake.  Just after that they kicked in the door that goes from the garage into the kitchen and that was when she knew something was seriously wrong.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Good update––happy to hear things are better.

I still hate the idea of a good man being chased out of his home.  Doesn't sit well.  But you have to make the best choices you can.

I'm sure they will all get what is coming to them eventually!
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
My family is doing much better now. I was able to get a job on Hill AFB in Utah and moved here in February of 2011. My wife is fine as there was no cancer. She and my son are still in counseling to help with the post traumatic stress disorder that they were suffering from. If all goes well they should be done with this by the end of this month (Aug 2011). There are only two things that we need to happen before we can have true closure from our "event”: The murder trial that my wife is the only witness to (in Oklahoma, they have the "birds of a feather” law that if a group of people commit a felony and one of them gets killed than the surviving members will get changed with this persons murder) and we still need to get rid of the old house in Oklahoma. I am trying to get it into a short sale with BoA, but this has not gone very smooth yet and may still end up being a foreclosure. Don’t feel bad for us though. Even though we were homeless for a little over 6 months, we had friends, family and the support of the entire gun community that helped us out a lot! My old house was supposed to have been purchased by the government as a part of my transfer. Knowing this we purchased a much nicer home here in Utah (after a lot of research on neighborhoods and grilling the local police for a safe place to live). It was a big priority for me to get us out of the homeless category and back into a routine for the kid’s sake. Because of the "event” the offer on my old place was $25000 under payoff plus they were nickel and diming me on minor repairs and it was also vandalized a couple of times! I feel bad now for not waiting to make sure the sale of the old place was taken care completely but I was having a hard time dealing with the guilt of not providing for my family and that tainted my judgment. I will have to live with that decision now, but I don’t feel too guilty for doing what I thought was best. My family was put through what I hope is the worst case test of our perseverance and with a lot of help we came out stronger, safer and better off than when we started. Feel free to ask me any questions that you may have, it’s very important to me that I give back some of the awesome support that I have received!

I am thankful to hear that you are scrapping your life back together.

Am I understanding correctly, that this is all gang-related?

Yes, they were all members of a local gang and that is where my fear came from.  The police taped the phone lines of everyone close to the event (including ours) and that is how we learned that there were valid threats against my family's lives.  That is why it was so important for me to get us out of the state.  They knew what we looked like and that I worked at Tinker AFB but we had no idea who was after us.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, they were all members of a local gang and that is where my fear came from. The police taped the phone lines of everyone close to the event (including ours) and that is how we learned that there were valid threats against my family's lives. That is why it was so important for me to get us out of the state. They knew what we looked like and that I worked at Tinker AFB but we had no idea who was after us.

I am sorry for your loss of security and home. My heart does know of some of the fear that you have had to deal with.

Do you know what gang they were associated with?

Amos1909
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, they were all members of a local gang and that is where my fear came from. The police taped the phone lines of everyone close to the event (including ours) and that is how we learned that there were valid threats against my family's lives. That is why it was so important for me to get us out of the state. They knew what we looked like and that I worked at Tinker AFB but we had no idea who was after us.

I am sorry for your loss of security and home. My heart does know of some of the fear that you have had to deal with.

Amos1909

It was the Crips.

I hope no one has to go through what my family has been subjected to.  There is no way for me to put into words just what true fear is when you know that there are people looking to kill your family.  I am a very strong minded person and I was woefully underprepared to deal with it.  My fear controlled me and almost consumed me.  I still had to leave my family and go to work as my wife is a stay at home mom and that was extremely hard for me.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amos1909

It was the Crips.

I hope no one has to go through what my family has been subjected to. There is no way for me to put into words just what true fear is when you know that there are people looking to kill your family. I am a very strong minded person and I was woefully underprepared to deal with it. My fear controlled me and almost consumed me. I still had to leave my family and go to work as my wife is a stay at home mom and that was extremely hard for me.

I understand. If you do not mind me asking, how did you find victory over that fear? I am an inner-city pastor and I have been working in the gang-ridden areas for 10 years. I am used to problems but this last situation has  ruled and to some large degree am still still being ruled by the fear of what will happen next!!!

I can not sleep and I am still checking doors and perimeter a couples times each hour...

It has just about drove me crazy!!!

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Good update––happy to hear things are better.

I still hate the idea of a good man being chased out of his home.  Doesn't sit well.  But you have to make the best choices you can.

+1

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top