Site Notices
8/29/2014 9:08:28 PM
  Previous Page
Page:  / 3
Author
Military
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:13:07 PM
[Last Edit: 6/22/2011 2:13:35 PM by Chris_C]
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/22/us-border-agent-fatally-shoots-man-near-san-diego/

SAN DIEGO –– A Border Patrol agent on Tuesday shot and killed a man at the U.S.-Mexico border who threatened to strike another agent with a concrete slab, a spokesman said.

Two men, presumably Mexican, assaulted two Border Patrol agents after crossing the border illegally about one mile west of San Diego's San Ysidro port of entry, Border Patrol spokesman Steven Pitts said.

One of the men climbed the border fence around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday and was about to throw the large slab when an agent fired an unknown number of shots, Pitts said. He was pronounced dead in Mexico.

Tijuana, Mexico, police identified the victim as Jose Alfredo Yanez, 40, and said he was shot at least twice in his body and once in the head.

The other migrant returned safely to Mexico.

One of the Border Patrol agents was kicked in the face and taken to a hospital for injuries that were not life threatening, Pitts said.

Kevin Keenan, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union in San Diego and Imperial counties said the death raises troubling questions, partly because the suspects were fleeing.

"It doesn't meet the most basic humanitarian standards when someone is fleeing and doesn't pose a threat to the safety of others," he said.

Keenan questioned whether firing a gun was a disproportionate use of force "to stop rock throwers."

San Diego police will lead the investigation into the shooting......

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/22/us-border-agent-fatally-shoots-man-near-san-diego/#ixzz1Q1uAkexE

itsARanchrifle
Home of tier 1 ranch goats and cattle.
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:14:09 PM
Yo homey , is that my concrete ?
Look , you wanna play blindman go walk with the sheppard.

Wear the fox hat .
MajorStumpDemon
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:15:19 PM
obviously the work of a seal team zero member
Tomislav
I had to get it on!
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:15:37 PM
Good shoot.

CBP trains at my gunclub. If half the stories the tell about the southern border (which I guess they do 'rotations' on from Michigan?) are true, I'm surprised we don't hear about a helluva lot more dead illegals.
Obama delenda est.
kncook
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:15:54 PM
How 'bout you give me one chunk of concrete and one free throw at this ACLU guy...then he can tell me how throwing rocks can't kill you.
I'm the bee's knees and the cat's meow......
AR4U
Brought to you by Carl's Jr.®
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:15:57 PM
Originally Posted By Chris_C:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/22/us-border-agent-fatally-shoots-man-near-san-diego/

SAN DIEGO –– A Border Patrol agent on Tuesday shot and killed a man at the U.S.-Mexico border who threatened to strike another agent with a concrete slab, a spokesman said.

Two men, presumably Mexican, assaulted two Border Patrol agents after crossing the border illegally about one mile west of San Diego's San Ysidro port of entry, Border Patrol spokesman Steven Pitts said.

One of the men climbed the border fence around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday and was about to throw the large slab when an agent fired an unknown number of shots, Pitts said. He was pronounced dead in Mexico.

Tijuana, Mexico, police identified the victim as Jose Alfredo Yanez, 40, and said he was shot at least twice in his body and once in the head.

One of the Border Patrol agents was kicked in the face and taken to a hospital for injuries that were not life threatening, Pitts said.

Kevin Keenan, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union in San Diego and Imperial counties said the death raises troubling questions, partly because the suspects were fleeing.

"It doesn't meet the most basic humanitarian standards when someone is fleeing and doesn't pose a threat to the safety of others," he said.

Keenan questioned whether firing a gun was a disproportionate use of force "to stop rock throwers."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/22/us-border-agent-fatally-shoots-man-near-san-diego/#ixzz1Q1uAkexE

Answer: No.
"During the second 100 days, we will design, build and open a library dedicated to my first 100 days." -Barack Obama, May 9 2009
bobbitybobbity
Arfcom's own STD
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:16:09 PM
"Rock throwers"? Rocks are deadly weapons, however low tech they may appear. Bet they'd change their tune if people were throwing rocks at ACLU offices or people.
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
carguym14
"old school"
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:16:35 PM
Simple really-don't cross illegally and you wont get fucking shot.

Fuck them and the ACLU
Anything not under government control is,by definition,out of control.

I will endeavor to persevere.
villemur
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:16:48 PM
Never bring a slab of concrete to a gunfight.
MatCat58
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:16:54 PM
Was it this guy?

DON70
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:17:20 PM
Fleeing and shot in the chest?
FNC80
Audaces Fortuna Iuvat
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:17:32 PM
Link to rockthrower's facebook update?
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity - Seneca
TxRabbitBane
Fishing > Work
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:18:05 PM
[Last Edit: 6/22/2011 2:19:23 PM by TxRabbitBane]
"twice in the chest"? or "twice in the back"...

if it's self defense, good shoot. If you're taking potshots at someone running away, bad shoot... it's really that simple.

Problem is, perps lie. Other problem is, cops lie.
Grunteled
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:19:07 PM
Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:
"Rock throwers"? Rocks are deadly weapons, however low tech they may appear. Bet they'd change their tune if people were throwing rocks at ACLU offices or people.

They would of course want police called to hold back the rock throwers with Nerf canons and beanie babies.
CLICKBANGBANG
Likes to run it wet.
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:19:45 PM
Show this to that dude in Team that wanted to become BP. More agents being punished for defending themselves and hung out to dry.
Bring enough gun... Life favors the prepared.
runcible
Never Knows Best
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:20:29 PM

Originally Posted By itsARanchrifle:

Reply of the Day.

The only thing that you can guess about a broken down old man... is that he is a survivor.
"Circumfrench"? Is that the distance around France? - Old_Painless
denverdan
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:21:29 PM
Does it make me a bad person that I wish they shot the other one as well?
100% unapologetically Anti-Islam
Fintan
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:21:31 PM
[Last Edit: 6/22/2011 2:25:17 PM by Fintan]
Absent compelling evidence that the agents over-reacted, I've got to say that being assaulted with a makeshift weapon while your partner sustains injuries requiring hospitalization probably justifies use of lethal force.

I'm a little hesitant to give any credit to the "they were fleeing!" argument. A failure drill isn't exactly easy to pull off on someone running away from you. My interpretation is of course based on initial, fuzzy reports and ACLU whining though, so I reserve the right to scream "JBT!" at a later time if incriminating evidence comes to light.

ETA - Pardon me, misread the story. The agent was being assaulted with the big-ass rock (tm) was not the agent that opened fire. A BP agent was laying on the ground, wounded, and a fellow runs up and tries to brain him with a rock. Good 2+1 in my opinion.
jungatheart
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:21:36 PM
Originally Posted By carguym14:
Simple really-don't cross illegally and you wont get fucking shot.

Fuck them and the ACLU

This. The ACLU is trying to destroy America.
Will
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:22:09 PM
This kind of horseshit goes on all the time. When my BIL went with his USAR engineering unit to make Border Patrol roads in Ca one summer -probably around 01 or so, they had to "up armor" their bulldozers and graders 'cause the fuckers were always throwing rocks.

The "kid", Coyote, that got popped in El Paso not long ago was throwing rocks when he got shot.

There is a LONG history of Mexicans throwing rocks- read about the Arizona Rangers sometime. When the Mexicans would throw rocks they would shoot them down- a BUNCH of them....oddly enough that shit stopped in their area.

Good shoot.
" Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God"- From the personal seal of Thomas Jefferson
geegee
Guilty...guilty.
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:23:08 PM

If they could see just one rock throwing person in the crowd wearing a t-shirt with Bush, Palin, or Tea Party on it, the ACLU would suggest internment camps for the offender.

"I carry a gun because it is my responsibility alone - not that of the police, nor the government, nor the community - to defend the precious lives that God has entrusted to me."
Will Dougan, writing in gomemphis. 08/17/03 Pack LaRue #314
Cypher15
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:23:27 PM

Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

if it's self defense, good shoot. If you're taking potshots at someone running away, bad shoot... it's really that simple.

im gonna go with good shoot.
Coyote with 40 people crammed into a minivan gets into a chase with DPS, Paco over estimates his driving abilities and *whmmo!* the Astrovan of Immigration becomes a Pinata of Pain, hurling broken bodies like so many tasty pieces of cheap candy...
CLICKBANGBANG
Likes to run it wet.
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:23:36 PM

Originally Posted By Grunteled:

They would of course want police called to hold back the rock throwers with Nerf canons and beanie babies.

Did someone say Nerf Canons?

Bring enough gun... Life favors the prepared.
Treadhead
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:23:43 PM
[Last Edit: 6/22/2011 2:25:50 PM by Treadhead]

That's an interesting idea (Rocks as weapons). Anyone have a ballistics program that could take an 8oz ("about" 3,500 grains) rock traveling at 125-130FPS
and give (within limits) the energy that would hit with?
BlackSwan
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:23:47 PM
honestly they should kill them all. mine the border, fence it, and set up drones and kill every damn person that attempts a crossing.
myfakename
I didn't get a harumph outta that guy!!
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:23:49 PM
Good shoot. PSA, don't throw rocks or slabs of concrete at BP Agents and you won't get shot.
I'm a schicophrenic...and so am I
woodsie
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:24:22 PM

I wonder if Keenan has ever been pegged in the head with a rock before. It's not like pillow fighting.
HarryStone
The Original Colt .45
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:25:21 PM
Was he fleeing back to Mexico, or fleeing into the US?
harrystone.net
ceverett
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:27:40 PM
Running away vs. Throwing a SLAB of concrete

One of these things is not like the other.
Plumbata
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:28:53 PM
Isn't how they are trained? Kind of hard to argue malfeasance when it's in the training manual.
Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~Patrick F. McManus
JIMBEAM
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:30:08 PM
Originally Posted By AR4U:

I wonder if that guy would like to have chucsk of concrete thrown at him or if he would like to be kicked in the face.
"All compromise is based on give and take, but there can be no give and take on fundamentals. Any compromise on mere fundamentals is a surrender. For it is all give and no take." -Ghandi
Bama-Shooter
You do your thing. I'll do mine.
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:31:20 PM
So how did he get shot in the chest and flee at the same time?
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

Constitutional carry is a right not a privilege.

Any opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect upon any agency or organization with which I may be employed or affiliated.
carguym14
"old school"
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:32:01 PM
Originally Posted By JIMBEAM:
Originally Posted By AR4U:

I wonder if that guy would like to have chucsk of concrete thrown at him or if he would like to be kicked in the face.

In Arfcom fashion-he gets both.

hitnrun99
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:33:51 PM
One down, 20 million to go. Stupid fuck illegals should remember that gun beats rock.
TxRabbitBane
Fishing > Work
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:33:54 PM
[Last Edit: 6/22/2011 2:40:16 PM by TxRabbitBane]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:

Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

im gonna go with good shoot.

Dunno. At this point I'm still 50/50. Is there any evidence of rock throwing or is it just shooter's word on it? It's not like there's no history of pulling the trigger first and making up a story afterward in the BP....
Jarhead_22
Are you not entertained?
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:35:07 PM
threatened to strike another agent with a concrete slab

Mr. Keenan should choke to death on a concrete slab.
Do not attempt. Professional driver on a closed course.
redoubt
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:35:32 PM
Rocks are deadly force. Didn't they used to stone people to death for crimes?
ChadG
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:36:27 PM
what happens in mexico stays in mexico. Its okay for border hoppers to kill American citizens which the ACLU stays silent for, but when CBP kills one after being assaulted, they cry about it???? Cry me a river.
carguym14
"old school"
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:36:29 PM
Originally Posted By redoubt:
Rocks are deadly force. Didn't they used to stone people to death for crimes?

Used to???

Some parts of the world still do........

Old_Painless
The Poster O'Truth
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:37:54 PM
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

He was obviously running backwards.

Those mean old border patrol menz.

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." - Capt. W. F. Call, Texas Ranger

http://www.theboxotruth.com/

resq2106
Detent Launch World Record Holder
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:39:04 PM

Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

Running backwards like a honey badger, perhaps.
"Neither current events nor history show that the majority rule, or ever did rule."
-Jefferson Davis

Populus es bardus.
Fatbert
I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen.
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:39:19 PM
TR was a man of the wilds. A true American badass. He'd eat Putin's liver with fava beans and wash it down with 150 proof Bourbon infused with the tears of communist children. Then he'd have Putin's head mounted for display. - DerekCB
53vortec
OIF II-V & 08-10
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:39:49 PM
[Last Edit: 6/22/2011 2:44:14 PM by 53vortec]
Originally Posted By itsARanchrifle:

On a serious note though, this story is a perfect example of why I beleve we have the problems on the border today. It's not the lack of a fence or fancy blimps, but the lack of an environment where men like Charles Askins and Bill Jordan could do the types of things they did to keep shit under control in border country.
Order some golf shoes... otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive

.308- because people have a strange tendency to get behind things when you start shooting at them.
resq2106
Detent Launch World Record Holder
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:40:12 PM

Originally Posted By kncook:
How 'bout you give me one chunk of concrete and one free throw at this ACLU guy...then he can tell me how throwing rocks can't kill you.

Or not...
"Neither current events nor history show that the majority rule, or ever did rule."
-Jefferson Davis

Populus es bardus.
Fantomas
When the Tide is out you can see who swims naked
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:40:50 PM
One of the Border Patrol agents was kicked in the face and taken to a hospital for injuries that were not life threatening, Pitts said

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/22/us-border-agent-fatally-shoots-man-near-san-diego/#ixzz1Q216uvEn

sounds like he was helping his partner and him self . Good shot

-> Quam magnus mirantium tam magnus invidentium populus est. ( "Seneca" ) <-
-> There are three means of refuge from the miseries of life: music, dogs and Formula One Racing ( "Me" ) <-
Jarhead08
Naval Gang-Bang Spotter Tier 2
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:43:04 PM

Disproportionate use of force my ass. The ACLU tried the same BS when the BPA shot that little fuck stain in El Paso.
Naval gunfire, pistols and bayonets– keep ‘em all, because you never know when you’ll need them. And when you do need them, you need them right away.
TurboniumOxide
A few rounds short of a magazine.
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:45:57 PM
Considering that there are people in the world that can pitch a baseball at 100 MPH and are accurate enough
to hit a strike zone all day, I would consider a rock to be as deadly as a bullet in the right hands.

Good shoot.
callgood
The babnanas or your brains will be on this table
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:46:49 PM
They'd better hope that fuck Johnny Sutton isn't still the US Attorney. He'll prosecute the agent on the ground for "enticement".
Anyone ripping off this avatar will choke on gorilla knuckles.
PlinkerMO
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:51:00 PM
[Last Edit: 6/22/2011 2:53:17 PM by PlinkerMO]
One BPA kicked in the face (requiring a visit to hospital) and other BPA being confronted with someone trying to throw a SLAB of concrete at him. Chest shots mean the guy obviously was not fleeing at the time he was shot.

Yep, seems pretty cut and dry... good shoot.

The ACLU is can kiss my whole entire ass. Such a fucking bullshit organization with a very obviously tainted/ biased agenda.
Sixpack595
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:55:30 PM
Kevin Keenan sounds like he needs a slab of concrete thrown at his face to clear up any questions he has about disproportionate force.
Hero_compleqs
Angry cog in the machine
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:56:18 PM
I worked down there for the first half of the year (my station was a couple miles from where this took place)

You would not believe the shit these people pull. Fucking third-world illegal shitheads.

As to the rock throwing, I think a low-flying BP helo was hit a few years ago and crash landed. Sounds like deadly force to me.
One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation. – Thomas B. Reed (1886)
  Previous Page
Page:  / 3