Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/22/2011 10:13:07 AM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/22/us-border-agent-fatally-shoots-man-near-san-diego/

SAN DIEGO –– A Border Patrol agent on Tuesday shot and killed a man at the U.S.-Mexico border who threatened to strike another agent with a concrete slab, a spokesman said.

Two men, presumably Mexican, assaulted two Border Patrol agents after crossing the border illegally about one mile west of San Diego's San Ysidro port of entry, Border Patrol spokesman Steven Pitts said.

One of the men climbed the border fence around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday and was about to throw the large slab when an agent fired an unknown number of shots, Pitts said. He was pronounced dead in Mexico.

Tijuana, Mexico, police identified the victim as Jose Alfredo Yanez, 40, and said he was shot at least twice in his body and once in the head.

The other migrant returned safely to Mexico.

One of the Border Patrol agents was kicked in the face and taken to a hospital for injuries that were not life threatening, Pitts said.

Kevin Keenan, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union in San Diego and Imperial counties said the death raises troubling questions, partly because the suspects were fleeing.

"It doesn't meet the most basic humanitarian standards when someone is fleeing and doesn't pose a threat to the safety of others," he said.

Keenan questioned whether firing a gun was a disproportionate use of force "to stop rock throwers."

San Diego police will lead the investigation into the shooting......

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/22/us-border-agent-fatally-shoots-man-near-san-diego/#ixzz1Q1uAkexE

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:14:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Yo homey , is that my concrete ?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#2]
obviously the work of a seal team zero member
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Good shoot.

CBP trains at my gunclub. If half the stories the tell about the southern border (which I guess they do 'rotations' on from Michigan?) are true, I'm surprised we don't hear about a helluva lot more dead illegals.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:15:54 AM EDT
[#4]
How 'bout you give me one chunk of concrete and one free throw at this ACLU guy...then he can tell me how throwing rocks can't kill you.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/22/us-border-agent-fatally-shoots-man-near-san-diego/

SAN DIEGO –– A Border Patrol agent on Tuesday shot and killed a man at the U.S.-Mexico border who threatened to strike another agent with a concrete slab, a spokesman said.

Two men, presumably Mexican, assaulted two Border Patrol agents after crossing the border illegally about one mile west of San Diego's San Ysidro port of entry, Border Patrol spokesman Steven Pitts said.

One of the men climbed the border fence around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday and was about to throw the large slab when an agent fired an unknown number of shots, Pitts said. He was pronounced dead in Mexico.

Tijuana, Mexico, police identified the victim as Jose Alfredo Yanez, 40, and said he was shot at least twice in his body and once in the head.

One of the Border Patrol agents was kicked in the face and taken to a hospital for injuries that were not life threatening, Pitts said.

Kevin Keenan, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union in San Diego and Imperial counties said the death raises troubling questions, partly because the suspects were fleeing.

"It doesn't meet the most basic humanitarian standards when someone is fleeing and doesn't pose a threat to the safety of others," he said.

Keenan questioned whether firing a gun was a disproportionate use of force "to stop rock throwers."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/22/us-border-agent-fatally-shoots-man-near-san-diego/#ixzz1Q1uAkexE

Answer: No.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#6]
"Rock throwers"? Rocks are deadly weapons, however low tech they may appear. Bet they'd change their tune if people were throwing rocks at ACLU offices or people.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:16:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Simple really-don't cross illegally and you wont get fucking shot.

Fuck them and the ACLU
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Never bring a slab of concrete to a gunfight.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Was it this guy?  

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Fleeing and shot in the chest?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Link to rockthrower's facebook update?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#12]
"twice in the chest"? or "twice in the back"...

if it's self defense, good shoot.  If you're taking potshots at someone running away, bad shoot... it's really that simple.

Problem is, perps lie.  Other problem is, cops lie.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"Rock throwers"? Rocks are deadly weapons, however low tech they may appear. Bet they'd change their tune if people were throwing rocks at ACLU offices or people.

They would of course want police called to hold back the rock throwers with Nerf canons and beanie babies.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Show this to that dude in Team that wanted to become BP. More agents being punished for defending themselves and hung out to dry.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Reply of the Day.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Does it make me a bad person that I wish they shot the other one as well?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Absent compelling evidence that the agents over-reacted, I've got to say that being assaulted with a makeshift weapon while your partner sustains injuries requiring hospitalization probably justifies use of lethal force.

I'm a little hesitant to give any credit to the "they were fleeing!" argument. A failure drill isn't exactly easy to pull off on someone running away from you. My interpretation is of course based on initial, fuzzy reports and ACLU whining though, so I reserve the right to scream "JBT!" at a later time if incriminating evidence comes to light.

ETA - Pardon me, misread the story. The agent was being assaulted with the big-ass rock (tm) was not the agent that opened fire. A BP agent was laying on the ground, wounded, and a fellow runs up and tries to brain him with a rock. Good 2+1 in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Simple really-don't cross illegally and you wont get fucking shot.

Fuck them and the ACLU

This.  The ACLU is trying to destroy America.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#19]
This kind of horseshit goes on all the time. When my BIL went with his USAR engineering unit to make Border Patrol roads in Ca one summer -probably around 01 or so, they had to "up armor" their bulldozers and graders 'cause the fuckers were always throwing rocks.

The "kid", Coyote, that got popped in El Paso not long ago was throwing rocks when he got shot.

There is a LONG history of Mexicans throwing rocks- read about the Arizona Rangers sometime. When the Mexicans would throw rocks they would shoot them down- a BUNCH of them....oddly enough that shit stopped in their area.

Good shoot.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If they could see just one rock throwing person in the crowd wearing a t-shirt with Bush, Palin, or Tea Party on it, the ACLU would suggest internment camps for the offender.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

if it's self defense, good shoot.  If you're taking potshots at someone running away, bad shoot... it's really that simple.

im gonna go with good shoot.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They would of course want police called to hold back the rock throwers with Nerf canons and beanie babies.

Did someone say Nerf Canons?

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:23:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That's an interesting idea (Rocks as weapons).  Anyone have a ballistics program that could take an 8oz ("about" 3,500 grains) rock traveling at 125-130FPS
and give (within limits) the energy that would hit with?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#24]
honestly they should kill them all. mine the border, fence it, and  set up drones and kill every damn person that attempts a crossing.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Good shoot.  PSA, don't throw rocks or slabs of concrete at BP Agents and you won't get shot.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:24:22 AM EDT
[#26]

I wonder if Keenan has ever been pegged in the head with a rock before.  It's not like pillow fighting.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Was he fleeing back to Mexico, or fleeing into the US?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Running away vs. Throwing a SLAB of concrete

One of these things is not like the other.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Isn't how they are trained?  Kind of hard to argue malfeasance when it's in the training manual.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if that guy would like to have chucsk of concrete thrown at him or if he would like to be kicked in the face.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if that guy would like to have chucsk of concrete thrown at him or if he would like to be kicked in the face.

In Arfcom fashion-he gets both.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#33]
One down, 20 million to go. Stupid fuck illegals should remember that gun beats rock.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

im gonna go with good shoot.

Dunno.  At this point I'm still 50/50.  Is there any evidence of rock throwing or is it just shooter's word on it?  It's not like there's no history of pulling the trigger first and making up a story afterward in the BP....
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#35]
threatened to strike another agent with a concrete slab

Mr. Keenan should choke to death on a concrete slab.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:35:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Rocks are deadly force. Didn't they used to stone people to death for crimes?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#37]
what happens in mexico stays in mexico.  Its okay for border hoppers to kill American citizens which the ACLU stays silent for, but when CBP kills one after being assaulted, they cry about it????    Cry me a river.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Rocks are deadly force. Didn't they used to stone people to death for crimes?

Used to???

Some parts of the world still do........

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

So how did he get shot in the chest and flee at the same time?

Running backwards like a honey badger, perhaps.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

On a serious note though, this story is a perfect example of why I beleve we have the problems on the border today. It's not the lack of a fence or fancy blimps, but the lack of an environment where men like Charles Askins and Bill Jordan could do the types of things they did to keep shit under control in border country.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

How 'bout you give me one chunk of concrete and one free throw at this ACLU guy...then he can tell me how throwing rocks can't kill you.

Or not...

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#44]
One of the Border Patrol agents was kicked in the face and taken to a hospital for injuries that were not life threatening, Pitts said

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/22/us-border-agent-fatally-shoots-man-near-san-diego/#ixzz1Q216uvEn

sounds like he was helping his partner and him self . Good shot

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#45]

Disproportionate use of force my ass. The ACLU tried the same BS when the BPA shot that little fuck stain in El Paso.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:45:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Considering that there are people in the world that can pitch a baseball at 100 MPH and are accurate enough
to hit a strike zone all day, I would consider a rock to be as deadly as a bullet in the right hands.

Good shoot.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:46:49 AM EDT
[#47]
They'd better hope that fuck Johnny Sutton isn't still the US Attorney. He'll prosecute the agent on the ground for "enticement".
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:51:00 AM EDT
[#48]
One BPA kicked in the face (requiring a visit to hospital) and other BPA being confronted with someone trying to throw a SLAB of concrete at him. Chest shots mean the guy obviously was not fleeing at the time he was shot.

Yep, seems pretty cut and dry... good shoot.

The ACLU is can kiss my whole entire ass. Such a fucking bullshit organization with a very obviously tainted/ biased agenda.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Kevin Keenan sounds like he needs a slab of concrete thrown at his face to clear up any questions he has about disproportionate force.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#50]
I worked down there for the first half of the year (my station was a couple miles from where this took place)

You would not believe the shit these people pull. Fucking third-world illegal shitheads.

As to the rock throwing, I think a low-flying BP helo was hit a few years ago and crash landed. Sounds like deadly force to me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top