Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2001 11:35:00 AM EDT
the madman is mad as hell.out in the country where i live just about any number but my own is long distance.so for another $28.00 a month i have to buy "community plus plan"jus to call the next town.so when i changed isp's last month i first called "THE COMPANY" to add CPP to my computer line and to check that the number would in fact be covered in my area as a local call.foolish me believed the voice on the other end of the line when told that,"yes mr madman that number is included in your service area"fast forward to yesterday when mrs madman decides to finally show me(after she has spent a week getting the run around)"THE BILL" and tells me someone from"THE COMPANY" would call me this morning to try to work out something.HUH?thanks for showing me the bill when it came in honey.after waiting til noon to hear from them,i called to be put on hold and passed around like a bottle of Kalashnikov vodka at a gathering of AK owners.only to finally be told that i have to wait for the rep that's handling this to call me.@@#@!%%%.just so you know i have 12,645 mins of long distance charges i'm not real happy about and no answers yet.time for a beer and a shot.mmk
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Funny how a company with all their $hit right next to the road can be so cavalier about pissing off customers. Why anyone could just ride down the road shooting OObuck at those little green boxes sticking up out of the ground and cause a world of $hit in the phone industry. Same goes for power companies that rip off people. If I had all my hardware hanging on a wooden pole within spitting distance of a road, I would be extra nice to folks. What does a transformer go for these days?
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#2]
i like your thinking sir.it explains why i see alot of colorful wires hanging out of boxes with 4x4 tire marks on either side.hmmm that telephone pole on the other side of the cornfield is just about 200yrds.anybody taking bets on how many rounds of 7.62x51 that pole can take?mmk
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Just make sure the holes in the poles don't line up with your house!!  [:D]

Norm
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]
[O:)]norm g as i read that i had a flash,some would say a vision.of the madman standing out back LMAO at the phone company guys looking at a pole cut in half by .308 nato.till one of them puts a stick into a hole made by .308 and it points directly to the no longer LMAO madman.mmk
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#5]
You should have dialed 10-10-220 and saved a buck or two! :)
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you say 12 thousand minutes?  Maybe (cringe) you should get a lawyer.

How about this?  Explain it to a sympathetic neighbor & ask their help in catching the phone company misstating the facts again.  A neighbor who doesn't have the CPP.

Find out about whate your state law is about  recording phone calls & comply with it.  Some companies on their announcement will say "calls may be monitored to ensure quality service"  does that mean not only are you allowing them this intrusion, but that they are at the same time giving up their own privacy?  I don't know.

Once you know you can comply with the law,
go to your neighbor's & have them attach to the phone terminal a  device to plug in to a cassette recorder (both should be available at Radio Shack) that will enable recording.

Then have the neighbor phone up THE COMPANY and go through exactly the same thing (ask about the CPP, etc.} that you went through, asking the same question about the same telephone number, and get the answer on tape.   If they give the information wrong again, you have a nice piece of evidence to confront the billing department with (save the original of the tape).  

If you don't want to risk putting out money for this first, you could just have the neighbor call and ask the question & see what they tell the neighbor.  You might be listening on an extension, introduced as a friend who understands these things better than the neighbor who seems as if he's a bit slow.
The neighbor doesn't necessarily have to actually go through with the order.

Another alternative is a protest to the regulatory agency in your state, or in some cases the FCC.  It depends on how these "long distance" calls are carried.

[size=4][red]P.R.K.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 8:37:05 PM EDT
[#7]
At .10cents a minute thats only $126.00. I have seen worse phone bills.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
At .10cents a minute thats only $126.00. I have seen worse phone bills.
View Quote

Check your decimal place. At 10 cents per minute it is $1,246.50, but it is probably local long distance and closer to  25 cents.  OUCH.  
MMK, definately try to get proof the phone co. is missleading customers. Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#9]
LawDawg. the amount you stated above,would not have had mrs.mmk in tears,trying to find out wtf is going on from the phone company.trust me,it doesn't come close to $0.10 min.i wish it did.i won't repeat here what i said when i saw it for the first time.i blinked a few times,even tried clicking my heals together three times while saying"there's no place like home"but the #'s stayed the same.now i'm just trying to find someone/anyone who won't put me on hold,just to be passed off to someone else to be put on hold...etc...etc..mmk
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 9:53:41 PM EDT
[#10]
unreconstructed,that's it in a nut shell.mmk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top