Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 5/30/2011 1:04:42 PM EDT
Some of you may have tried this stuff already. It is a legal herb that works on the Opiate receptors in the same way that prescribed pain meds such as percocet and vicodin do.. It is called Kraton Kratom.

It is no bs it works just as well for me as any other pain meds I have been prescribed . I use it only when needed as I have 2 lower back discs and 2 neck discs that are shot.

Not sure how much longer it will be legal so I have been stocking up for the future .

There are many sites on line that it can be purchased. I have found 1 very reputable source that I will pass on if you happen to be interested. Again this is not an illegal substance but it does have potential for abuse if you overuse it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 1:07:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Kratom, not kraton.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't appear to be an approved taxonomic name.  Family?
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Kratom, not kraton.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#4]
IM me a link to seeds for this plant if you have one.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not sure but it comes from a certain type of tree leaf in Asia.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Just looked it up.

Mitragyna speciosa

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No need for seeds really. You can get a kilo for a couple hundred bucks.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd rather grow my own when/if possible.

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#9]
The Rubiaceae make some pretty interesting alkaloids.
You got yohimbe, quinine and coffee in there. Cat's Claw too.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#10]
So where to buy?
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone else see the irony in a guy named Blaze talking about herbs?

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is quite ironic/funny

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Hops...comes in a can and usually in 12 to 24 doses...
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 1:51:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the info, had never heard of it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 1:54:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Can you IM me the site you purchase from?

Also how long once picked does it stay good for??
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I would also like the links to the sellers. Looks like it could help my MIL.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Seeds? Please.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Catnip is also useful as a mild sedative, fever reducer, to help with indigestion, colic, and of course to make your cats go insane.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 2:32:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Catnip is also useful as a mild sedative, fever reducer, to help with indigestion, colic, and of course to make your cats go insane.

Smoke it or make tea.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 2:33:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Kratom does work well, but it is just as addictive as any opiate.

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#23]
SHTF?   You'll have to grow your own clothing, weapons and tattoo ink.

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is quite ironic/funny

I know a guy that named his son Blaze. I figure he'll turn out to either be an American Gladiator or a pot head

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It is quite ironic/funny

I know a guy that named his son Blaze. I figure he'll turn out to either be an American Gladiator or a pot head

I knew a guy named Braze
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It is quite ironic/funny

I knew a guy named Braze

There is a kid around the corner named Blade.  I shit you not.

Wes
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

http://www.raremapsandbooks.com/images/jan6gambier1.jpg

When you get clubbed in the side of the head by the natives you will only wish you had my bob bag.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Kratom does work well, but it is just as addictive as any opiate.

Yes it is . Always use in moderation and only when needed. It is a pretty well kept secret.  I think most all would be surprised.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Search for Kratom on amazon.com you stoners.

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd rather grow my own when/if possible.

I'm curious. How well does it grow? Does it do okay in direct sunlight? How much water does it need?

IM me
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

...Angry Polynesian Jesus?!?
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Search for Kratom on amazon.com you stoners.

medicinal purposes only. Not meant to abuse.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm curious enough to try it - this is the most reputable-looking packaging I saw on Amazon.  Should I fo?

Free Expedited Shipping Super Premium Indonesian Kratom 56 Grams (80 Capsules)
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I'm curious enough to try it - this is the most reputable-looking packaging I saw on Amazon.  Should I fo?

Do it and report back.

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 4:46:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I tried it once. I didn't feel anything until about 4 hours after drinking some chocolate milk mixed with it. It definitely felt like an opiate. I can't attest to how well it works on pain though.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do it and report back.

I'm posting from my netbook, waiting on my wife to get done at the mall.  I will when I get home.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#37]
so, most opiate based narcotics make me hallucinate and other not so good stuff.  went to the hospital due to codeine

thoughts on if this will too?
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do it and report back.

I'm posting from my netbook, waiting on my wife to get done at the mall.  I will when I get home.

If you are going to do it ,do it right.

http://www.gokratom.com/

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#39]
It's awesome stuff.

Remember that under the scrutiny of certain drug screening methods, heavy Kratom use could cause you to test positive for bad things.

An alternative theory is this: I believe that there may be cross-contamination with other narcotic substances during the processing of Kratom. Not all off-shore Kratom suppliers are good folks.

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's awesome stuff.

Remember that under the scrutiny of certain drug screening methods, heavy Kratom use could cause you to test positive for bad things.

I've heard of it happening. Might want to delve in to a google research session.

question often heard and seen in the forums that are related to kratom and usage of other herbal supplements is the following ;

“Will it be possible to detect kratom usage by a urinalysis check?”

Simply said, Yes it can…But, do read on. There is only a very few issolated cases (see below) of a documented drug test case where a person’s urine was being tested for mitragynine. Intake of kratom powder can  indeed lead to a detectable content of kratom
substance residue and its metabolites in the urine.

But what is certain, on the other hand, that kratom is not examined in even the most extensive drugs test that a person will come across if he ever finds him or herself a drugs-screening position.  

Even if you are being tested for work, school, probation parole or for the Armed Forces, in whatever country, they will most certainly not test you for kratom use. Given that kratom is legal in all of North American and many of the European Union countries, there is no clear reason to test  for it. So it is not included in a drug test.

Another question that some worry about, related to this is the following.
“Will using kratom cause or show a false positive test result on a drug test?”

No it will not, simply said.

The active alkaloids in kratom are very different from anything you are being tested for in a normal NIDA5 or even the most extended 10-panel urinalysis test. It is not very possible that mitragynine, or any of the other alkaloids etc, could cause a false positive for morphine, methadone or anything else that is tested for as a substance in these tests.

However, these is some medications that may result in a false positive conclusion in a drug test. Like Ibuprofen and pseudoephedrine which are common examples of these. Likewise
there is of course the bagels with poppy seeds and some other poppy decorated bakery products that will show as an opiate as well, due to the 24 or more half life.

One anecdote tells us that before at some military test facility  they actually did hair tests as opposed to urine, merely because they are very accurate. Some test persons ate poppy seed decorated bagels, as part of their breakfast. Therefor everyone tested positive for opiates (heroin) after eating a bagel. So consider that when taking a bagel and the pee test the same day.

If you are being drug tested also, make sure to tell the testing entity about all prescription and OTC medicines you are taking to avoid such problems.  There is no need to tell them about your kratom use.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#41]
It's a great plant. The fact that it works as a stimulant at lower doses makes it even better.

Edit:

Be careful with the dosing. Start at 4g ingested and work your way up. This stuff will make you sick for hours if you take too much.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There is no need to tell them about your kratom use.

I think this is the key.

You aren't doing anything that is illegal- therefore you should not volunteer any unnecessary information. It is less regulated than tobacco/alcohol.

It certainly wouldn't help you to get a job by telling the screener/employer that you habitually use "legal drugs". Many folks are fucking ignorant and love to join in the WOD choir.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#43]
OP...

You know anyone selling live Maeng da strain?

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Are you supposed to smoke this stuff or mix it up as a tea or what?
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/kratom/kratom.shtml

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You mix it with v8 or anything somewhat thick if you are going to drink it. They also make tea . A lot of people pour the dose into the center of a small pc of tissue twist the end pop it in their mouth and chase it down with any beverage. This is my favorite way since the stuff really does have a strong taste to it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Here's what I found on this stuff. Some guy kept a log after he took it. A first hand experience on what you guys are getting into.
Have fun with it. I dont think I'll be trying it.

"I am age 24, 65kg in weight, intellectually I am a INTP (geek).

I had been reading up and experimenting with a range of entheogens and other mind altering substances for the last few months and decided to give kratom a try. The kratom was just dried leaf from an online vendor (not extract or super powder). I had tried smoking it in a joint before, but with only very mild, almost unnoticeable effects.

It was a Wednesday evening at home after work, living with my girlfriend. I had not taken any other drugs (bar caffeine) for week and a half. My main activity for the evening was taking a variety of dried leaves, grinding them in a coffee grinder and placing them into empty vitamin capsules using a filling tool. By weight I could fit roughly 0.4g (400mg) of ground leaf per capsule (this seems the same for most ground plant material), with the capsule itself (size 0) weighing about 0.1g.

This was also my first time taking herbs in capsule form, so was unfamiliar with the timescales involved for capsules as a delivery mechanism, but I expected so see some effects within 30-45 mins. I thought 3g was roughly a threshold dose, 15g a medium dose and 30g a strong dose. I had not eaten since lunch at 3pm.

19:30 (T+0:00) - Take 15 Kratom capsules (6g) with some orange juice. I decide to keep a paper log of the effects.

20:00 (T+0:30) - No effects so far

20:10 (T+0:40) - Starting to feel a little more energized and slightly hyperactive, not sure if this is the Kratom or just a placebo effect.

20:40 (T+1:10) - The initial buzz has worn off a little, I feel a just a little bit in the background but nothing significant. My thoughts at the time where 'is this it, another herb with little effect, lets take some more to make sure I experience some effect before giving up on kratom'.

20:45 (T+1:15 | T+0:00) - I take an additional 15 Kratom capsules (6g) with some orange juice.

21:10 (T+1:40 | T+0:25) - I start to feel very slightly light headed.

21:25 (T+1:55 | T+0:40) - Feeling a slight buzz but nothing major

21:40 (T+2:10 | T+0:55) - I had put some music on a while earlier, and now I feel like standing up and dancing to it, and am definitely in a houseparty type mood.

21:50 (T+2:20 | T+1:05) - I'm feeling a little less focused and more in the moment, still in a party mood but its feels like being slightly drunk.

22:10 (T+2:40 | T+1:25) - I'm talking to a friend who has popped round, I feeling excited about the things I am talking to him about and also fairly hyperactive inside.

22:25 (T+2:55 | T+1:40) - Feeling a bit of a buzz now, very much in a partymood. Hyperactive and can't sit still easily (I'm still trying to fill more capsules), and a little less focused.

22:50 (T+3:20 | T+2:05) - I'm still feeling the same effects as half an hour ago.

23:00 (T+3:30 | T+2:15) - I'm feeling a little dizzy and somewhat intoxicated.

23:25 (T+3:55 | T+2:40) - My head is spinning slightly and I feel a little queezy. I check the mirror for the first time and my pupils are very small. I can still think clearly but I am a little unfocused and am easily distracted. Physically (but not mentally), I feel like I have been to the pub, had just a few to many to drink and am now back home.

23:45 (T+4:15 | T+3:00) - The effects are starting to wear off slightly, but are still present. I start eating dinner.

00:05 (T+4:35 | T+3:20) - I finish eating dinner. I stand up and start walking but have a sudden wave of nausea, but don't throw up.

00:45 (T+5:15 | T+4:00) - Intoxicating effects have mostly worn off, but not fully.

01:10 (T+5:40 | T+4:25) - I'm looking though my log notes and trying calculate, in my head, the lengths of time between the various effects and the first and second dose, trying to work out how long the effects would take to kick in if I had just taken a single dose. I'm finding it hard to focus on the math's and keep all the numbers in my head at the same time, and I keep losing track of what I am trying to work out. However it is late and I am somewhat tired, so this is definitely a contributing factor.

01:45 (T+6:15 | T+5:00) - I'm still feeling slightly lightheaded.

01:55 (T+6:25 | T+5:10) - I finally go to bed.
–––––– Next Day ––––-
09:00 - I wake up, less than 7 hours sleep (I prefer more), my pupils are still very small and I am feeling a quite tired (a bit more than usual in the morning).

10:00 - I arrive at work and my normal morning coffee.

12:00 - At work, I'm feeling a little hazy, but can still work normally. Also feel a little queezy, almost felt I needed to throw up, but didn't.

12:30 - Feeling very sleepy, I close my eyes and half-nod off while sitting (but don't fall asleep).

13:05 - I stand up and walk to another room, this wakes me up a little, but a few moments later I get another wave of nausea but rush to the loo and this time I manage to throw up properly. After this I go an get some lunch.

17:00 - I'm still feeling a little unwell, slightly queezy and my head spinning a little. Its like having a hangover that simply won't go away.

18:30 - I get home, take two ibuprofen headache tablets and lie down for an hour before a friend pops round and spend the rest of the evening talking, but still not feeling great.

23:30 - I'm feeling more normal now, and the side effects of the kratom have now gone."
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Here's what I found on this stuff. Some guy kept a log after he took it. A first hand experience on what you guys are getting into.

Have fun with it. I dont think I'll be trying it.

Yeah too many of the erowid logs make it sound like an instant trip to nausea and puke. No thanks.

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

...Angry Polynesian Jesus?!?

Welcome to my next screen name.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#50]
took some at a pool party one afternoon ... couldn't remember jack!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top