Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2011 7:38:21 AM EDT
i recently saw two of these in a jeep. they strapped to the back, or the front seats. the backside, facing the passengers in the rear seat, was covered with mag pouches, accessory pouches etc. it looked pretty sweet, it basically looked like a load bearing vest for your seat back..

anyone know where i can find one?

found it..
sportsman guide

Link Posted: 5/21/2011 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Smittybilt G.E.A.R. seat covers

FYI, the pouches that come from Smittybilt are of the Condor / ModGear / Voodoo Tactical quality.  For using in a vehicle, they should be sufficient, but if you intend to use them much, you might consider replacing them with higher quality stuff.  I thought abot getting a set for the Jimmy I use to have.  I was going to pick up a tear-away EMT pouch and put it on one of them, so that I could grab my FAK and use it away from the vehicle if I needed to do so.
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 7:46:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 7:46:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

FYI, the pouches that come from Smittybilt are of the Condor / ModGear / Voodoo Tactical quality.  for using in a vehicle, they should be suffricient, but if you intend to use them much, you might consider replacing them with higher quality stuff.  I thought abot getting a set for the Jimmy I use to have.  I was going to pick up a tear-away EMT pouch on one of them, so that I could grab my FAK and use it away from the vehicle if I needed to do so.

Those are pretty cool looking......Now I need to get another Jeep...!
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 7:48:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

FYI, the pouches that come from Smittybilt are of the Condor / ModGear / Voodoo Tactical quality.  For using in a vehicle, they should be suffricient, but if you intend to use them much, you might consider replacing them with higher quality stuff.  I thought abot getting a set for the Jimmy I use to have.  I was going to pick up a tear-away EMT pouch and put it on one of them, so that I could grab my FAK and use it away from the vehicle if I needed to do so.

Yep, Smitty's.

Quadratec has them.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14070_900X_PG.htm

Link Posted: 5/21/2011 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FYI, the pouches that come from Smittybilt are of the Condor / ModGear / Voodoo Tactical quality.  for using in a vehicle, they should be suffricient, but if you intend to use them much, you might consider replacing them with higher quality stuff.  I thought abot getting a set for the Jimmy I use to have.  I was going to pick up a tear-away EMT pouch on one of them, so that I could grab my FAK and use it away from the vehicle if I needed to do so.

Those are pretty cool looking......Now I need to get another Jeep...!

the smittybuilt has a " generic" seat cover, that is EXACTLY what i want. it does not cover the drivers seat, just the seat back, it just has a backrest, and you lace the sides up, to support the rear, it looks a lot cleaner.
i emailed them to find a price and place to buy the generic version, which i actually like more.   if you know where to find them, let me know.
here it is...
http://www.smittybilt.com/docs/installation/5661301.pdf
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#6]
damn, those and a molle attached holster is a hell of an idea
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 8:59:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
damn, those and a molle attached holster is a hell of an idea

Yeah, the ones that completely cover the seat have PALS webbing on the front edge fo the seat.  It would make for a great place to attach a SERPA holster, angled so that you could reach it with your strong hand, without it being pointed straight up and down, which would probably cause it to extand too far above the seat cushion.  At an angle, it'd be a lot more discreet, not to mention, more comfortable to draw.
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#8]
If you want something more bare bones so you can add your own stuff:  MOLLE Panel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top